youtu.be/uPIxsuYrPWU
youtube.com/watch?v=I0JVRcJLea8
youtu.be/ET6657PH9gQ
soundcloud.com/njs10/space-dandy-ost-stardust
youtube.com/watch?v=UpuwLex5S5s
youtube.com/watch?v=a9fRcNeMMAo
youtube.com/watch?v=RcP91tQ4ZSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It depends on the genre but a lot of 80s music is better than modern music, for instance 'pop' and chart music was far better in the 80s than in the 10s (where it's all ghettoized trash).

>watch 80s anime
>KIMI NI MUNE KYUN KYUN

I miss the days when anime used original theme songs for their OPs.

The 80's had some good chart songs, but also plenty of generic and forgettable ones.

Examples?

We're talking about Japan here, you know.. But you're right in a way, except its moefied instead of ghettofied. J-pop from the 80s and 90s was a little more digestible for the general public than what's popular today.

>Sup Forums having discourse about music
Spare me please, you're already fucking up.

>I miss the days when anime used original theme songs for their OPs.
What? They still do.

>watch 2009 anime
>KIMI NI MUNE KYUN

I really love that ED

I bet David Productions' JoJo season 1 would've been 100x better without this stupid Roundabout song, right?

Go jerk off to your Jeff Mangum Sup Forumstant

>only anime do this
Hollywood movies do this as of late.

Is this a thinly veiled city pop thread?

>thinly veiled

>2005 anime
>uses Duran Duran music

Is this the DMC thread?

Fuck off that shit was

was? WAS WHAT? WHAT, user? TELL ME
ARE YOU STILL THERE?! WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY "WAS"?! HELLO? ARE YOU STILL THERE?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=Rg01cCDqk1I

>1990s anime
>use 1954 Frank Sinatra music
Have they run out of new music?

You just gotta make it fit the current year of our lord
youtube.com/watch?v=ET6657PH9gQ

That aside, 80s and 90s jpop is better than most of the shit released in the past decade or so.

Post modern citypop in anime
vimeo.com/103825326

You will never down down e kuridasou with cute 2D girls Sup Forums

ikr, imagine all this memes with weaboo faggot vocaloids instead of Roundabout

I'd like to think that Kevin Godley & Lol Creme (directors of the original and memorable video) would have been secretly chuffed at that opening, at least it was sort of the one they could play at an earlier hour of the night than the one they came up with themselves.

>watch a anime op 2017 compilation video
>99% sounds the same
It's not like the music the produce right now is new in any way.

I'M JUST PLAYING GAMES

>2005 anime
>Franz Ferdinand starts playing

Cant blame them 80s japanese music is god tier

80's pops are really good, just listen the music in Phantom Pain.

This. I can't stomach all this subhuman nigger trash these days. It's absolutely deranged liquid ass feces on the radio and in mainstream charts 24/7. There are maybe 3-4 good songs that come out in an entire year that are worth listening to. It's just not worth it for me anymore.
I don't know about modern j-pop or k-pop for that matter as I simply never listen to it. But 80s Japan music was just good. It's hard to describe the feeling when listening to stuff from the 80s (not just Japanese but music from the 80s in general all around the world) - it had this life affirming vibe to it, that everything is going to be fine and mankind will be ok tomorrow. There was hope and positivity and even the sad/melodramatic songs didn't come off as hopeless.

I recently listenend to the complete vocal Bubblegum Crisis' OST while decorating the christmas tree with my parents. Even my old man was digging it and asked me all kinds of questions regarding it.

Considering that it's just animay it has absolutely no right to be this fucking good, but it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbvU_o9EdSw

time to save animu

Why does she keep getting spammed here?

How do you think, will new Megazone 23 XI feature one of the older songs?

Who?

I dont know why but aparently plastic love has been popping up on everyones recommended on youtube.

That Mariya person.

I don't know, why do you keep spamming the threads with your favorite OPs/EDs?
Probably the same reason.

When was the last time you went to YouTube?

I look forward to the day they can use music from the future.

>Bubblegum Crisis OST is great
What else is new?

As much as I love that soundtrack (Himitsu Kudasai has been stuck in my ears for months), I don't think it would work that well unless they also make it look like an 80s anime. Which they most certainly won't.

>Which they most certainly won't.
WANKERS.

I swear to god last month jpopsuki still have Miki Matsubara's Premium Best, was it getting expunged or what?

>80s music
>Good
What are you, a 50 years old woman?

You're all retarded. The music selection in anime is more economic than anything, whether to bank on nostalgia and a romanticized past, assign production to cheaper or more profitable personnel, or secure a music license from a reliable but less popular older artist.

As for the general quality of music, the internet and cheap but powerful production tools allows anyone with talent to reach anyone with an internet connection, collaborate with artists from everywhere, and make a living or at least income from music regardless of their local circumstances. And it's been steadily improving since like the mid 2000s. There's literally never been a better time to be a musician.

And most of you are crusty retards who never venture outside of your narrow tastes which have been largely determined by animated toy commercials and other crusty retards. You haven't thought critically about music. You've gotten old without realizing it.

Also Japan has some of the best composers and musicians but you all wouldn't know that.

>And most of you are crusty retards who never venture outside of your narrow tastes which have been largely determined by animated toy commercials and other crusty retards
blame youtube and the internet for mediocre 80s pop music making a comeback

japan has good musicians but all they do is rip off western music

you dumb bastard, 80s jpop most of the time is heavily derivative of black american music so watch your fucking language

you can differentiate between black american music and subhuman nigger trash (rap)

I too was born in the wrong generation.

>watch 2011 anime
>PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT starts playing

You're just listening to the wrong rap artists, try something like Eric B & Rakim.

Kek>

ah yes the 'not all rap' argument
sure some of it's worse than others, doesn't change the fact that it's an inherently awful genre of music

No it isn't, it started fucking up when the South took over in the early 2000s.

The only good rapper is Moon Man.

>talking instead of singing
>talking about how big your ego is and how much of a fucking moron you are
rap is awful

Not sure what spurred this, but it has led to a bit of a city pop resurgence. Even some musically inclined normalfag friends of mine have been introduced to city pop now. I hope it continues.

I KNOW IT'S PLASTIC LOVE

It's called flow.
youtu.be/uPIxsuYrPWU

And you are an underage who aren't supposed to be using this site. Now fuck off

>WE WUZ JPOP KANGZ N SHIEET
not even close you living, breathing turd history revisionist. fuck off back to the steppe your foreniggers crawled from and croak there.

you will forever be a subhuman nigger

shit with candy sprinkles on top is still shit.

>1990s anime
>uses 1990s EUROBEAT
Pretty nice actually

Because the 80s was a fantastic time. Especially in Japan when crime rates exploded and Twenty-one faces was around.

>watch your fucking language
>He says this
>On the 4 channel
HOHOHOHOHO

>2010s anime
>Mac DeMarco starts playing

i like Plastic Love but Mariya Takeuchi a shit
his husband was way better at making music and probably wrote plastic love too
heh

AWOOOOOO
youtube.com/watch?v=I0JVRcJLea8

Mariya Takeuchi and other 80's J-pop singers have become fairly popular again among remixers and stuff around two years ago or so.

youtu.be/ET6657PH9gQ

Space Dandy also have a nice city pop tune. It's not 80s song though
soundcloud.com/njs10/space-dandy-ost-stardust

I don't give a shit about the reasons you hate this or that artist, but It seems you can't differentiate between a singer, a producer and a composer to save your life. Please, kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=UpuwLex5S5s
youtube.com/watch?v=a9fRcNeMMAo

>Have they run out of new music?
I sure hope so. I'm tired of hearing the same J-pop/rock OPs.

I love her. Have you listened to Yoshiko Sai?

you're forgetting the best rap of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=RcP91tQ4ZSM

Hako Yamasaki is also goat.