In retrospect, do you think that Another was any good?

In retrospect, do you think that Another was any good?

I personally followed the manga but never watched the show, which has garnered some pretty good reviews in the end, but were they warranted?

I actually think another was extremely overrated
The narrative was complete garbage

Garbage anime. It's only enjoyable if you treat it as a b horror movie (Which it isn't, given how seriously it takes itself.)

No, it wasn't very good. It had top notch atmosphere until the deaths started, but it more or less turned into comedy after that because they were too over the top. Plus, the conclusion was bullshit.

Sup Forums, not her.

It kept your attention but the plot was terrible.

B movie horror in almost all regards with some slight hints of Japanese quirkiness. Maybe among western audiences it is potentially a novelty (badum tis) but there's just not enough substance to it.

Yes it was good. Solid dialogue, screenplay, ost, directing etc. It was just boring me.

>manga
you what

It was comedy of the season.

It was terrible, but the threads were a high point of Sup Forums. I don't think I'll ever have as much fun here again as I did when everyone was pieposting.

I was enjoyable as a silly little B horror movie. Everyone dies in increasingly ridiculous ways and watching it with Sup Forums was some of the best times I ever had here. If you don't take it as seriously as the show itself wants you to, it's a fun quick watch.

I picked it up merely because of Mei's character design; I have a weakness for eyepatched characters.
The threads being fun was a neat suprise.

the story and plot are shit

It's complete garbage made entertaining by Sup Forums threads. If you weren't here when it aired there is no reason to watch this.

Izumi is such a fantastic girl blah blah blah

It had some great comedy though.

>it's garbage
What standards are you comparing it to?

If I regard it as horror/mystery anime, it is among the worst I ever watched. Some of the death scenes were hilarious though. Mostly because of how bad they were.

The mystery was some dumb trickery as well where the anime withheld information the characters would know. The most substantive clue required you to freeze-frame three spreadsheets in different episodes, compare the data while knowing that two characters are actually the same person.
In the end, the only worthwhile things coming out of it are death scene compilations and Misaki dojins.

I remember some people aping the sound design. It was not good, essentialy pretentious in its tone/content disparity.

It was good but the ending was pretty shit.

The premise was interesting, but it went downhill extremely fast.

I can't believe it's been 6 years already

The most fun part was the whole Mei vs. Twintails posting