Kemono Friends

Okay let's do this one last time.

It was an unforgettable ride this year even if we got the ending that nobody wanted. It looks like Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu are going to be moving on to new things and the franchise itself will still be continuing on, although it will be very difficult to recapture the magic we had this past year. But the series Tatsuki and Mine made still stands on it own and Kadokawa will never be able to take away the fun we had watching it.

Let's not mourn for what we lost, let's celebrate what we had because what we had was pretty damn good.

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av17558037/
youtube.com/watch?v=RI6E6_EmFqY
twitter.com/mokkei_uneisine/status/944584251478962177
youtu.be/wl5Y_VomkGo?t=473
nijie.info/members.php?id=2768
twitter.com/unagimay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before the shitposters get here, just wanna say I agree. As someone who thought the show looked awful I gave it a chance and it was a pleasant surprise.

just turn the key already, kju

>let's celebrate what we had
We had something really nice and it was taken away by some jerks and their idiotic decisions. I know the magic won't be back, we lost it for good, but I won't turn my back on KF either. I will continue to enjoying it through fanart, doujins and these threads and, why not, reddit.

>template 12

Marathon stream when?

>tfw no Sand Cat gf

I'll just watch the nip stream if nobody here is gonna.

Starts in 2hr 30 minutes on AT-X, so there is some time to find a working stream of the channel.

My figma came in yesterday, first thing I did was switch the face for the meme face.

Well I can't find one after some googling. Maybe the best that can be done if you want to watch it at the same time is watch your own version in sync.

I was going to watch the nico stream with a VPN. I haven't watched anything on nico before, I heard you get kicked out eventually if you aren't a premium member?

bilibili.com/video/av17558037/

If anyone wanted to hear/watch Tatsuki collecting the award in the Penguin mask the video is here. Starts from around 4:30.

Is there a stream on nico? I didn't know about that one. Sometimes you can get kicked out if the demand is high and you aren't a premium member that is true. The Chinese fans quite often have a stream going though mirroring nico when stuff is on there so maybe that happen and work.

>Getting Over the Loss of Yaoyorozu

I can't believe Kemono Friends is deader than Aardwolf.

Both the JRA videos (the short and the vet segment) were taken off of YouTube. I believe the collaboration ended a few days ago.

Fucking shame, the horse Friends were damn good designs.

Looking at the stream for that they don't seem to mention showing the anime itself anywhere? It has listed.

・けものフレンズアワーSP
・どうぶつ図鑑SP
・ミライトーク
・スペシャルライブ

Kemono Friends Hour Special
Animal Encyclopedia Special
Mirai Talk
Special Live

Just to add the website is down as well, just redirects to the main JRA page.

It was an ok show it just somehow got popular when people talked about it on twitter a lot. It reminds of the no substance level of popularity of the Kardashians.

Makes me really glad I saved them.

Kadokawa's safest bet would be to not touch Kaban and Serval's adventures and create more spin-offs either featuring Friends from other areas of the park after the Incident or go with their initial plan to ham-fist a direct adaption of the mobile game. What were the original storyboards for the anime, even?

The C93 doujins are starting to come in.

it's not dead just lost its soul

>What were the original storyboards for the anime, even?

The main thing we know is that Mirai was supposed to be the driver of the bus instead of bossu. For all we know, at this early stage, Kaban might have actually been a lost girl instead of a Friend made from a strand of hair.

Kemurikusa TV anime when?

>Mirai helping a little girl find her parents in Japari Park with Serval, Cerval, and Caracal along for the ride
Sounds adorable, but not as interesting.

I wonder if someone will upload that DVD.

Is it just the same thing as the full video up on YT or are there any extras?

Same thing from what I understand so uploading it would be pointless, we already have it in higher quality than DVD. Found what appears to be a concept drawing from the book that came with it on twitter.

Huh. How come I've never heard anyone mention the Foxes eating noodles?
youtube.com/watch?v=RI6E6_EmFqY

Because Kadokawa came and ruined everything less than a week later.

Because you weren't following the threads when it first came out I guess?

This is the end
My only Friend
The End.

It's amazing to me that something so explosively popular and enjoyable was literally encapsulated entirely within a single year. Can't wait to see what 2018 brings.

Myamyamyamyamyamya!

>・ミライトーク
I wonder if that is Mirai as in the character Mirai or Mirai as in they are going to discuss the future of the franchise. If it is the future of the franchise might be some important news today.

What have I become
My sweetest Friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end.

This Japanese guy on twitter thought it would be about the future of the franchise
twitter.com/mokkei_uneisine/status/944584251478962177
So I guess it will be news about what is happening going forward if it is important. If not then just some more collaborations and event announcements I guess. Maybe a date for Pavilion release or the biggest of all would be an announcement about the anime going forward.

>baby's first anime

They're going to announce a spin-off anime by Xebec featuring primarily aquatic Friends, water sports, and underwater basket weaving.

Wouldn't it be funny if Kadokawa were funding Tatsuki's new TV anime as a settlement or something though?

How much should have cost all of this? I'd like to start to buy KF's doujinshi but I have to add all the customs taxes so it's complicated.

This show was one of the only good things in my life and they took it away

You're diving a little too deep now

This looks like a neat concept but so different to Kemono Friends, some of the screenshots look like they could be in something like Blame! some look like they could be in Texhnolyze and that last one looks like something from Evangelion.

I think there might be a a number of people who watch Tatsuki's next work because of Kemono Friends who aren't as into this one if this will be his TV anime. Seems darker and more proper sci-fi. Doesn't look like it goes for the cute, light hearted, tanoshii appeal at all.

Remember to cherish these memories and look forward to having a grand adventure of your own. Go meet new Friends, visit some zoos, drive to see new places, eat good food, etc. Do whatever that makes you Tanoshii.

Remember that this is the best gift that KF has given you: hope.

The thing I'm wondering is how they would handle a more action oriented show considering the action scenes were the weakest parts of KF.

If you watch the scenes in that on youtube that are action orientated I think they come off pretty well.

youtu.be/wl5Y_VomkGo?t=473
If you watch this from around 7:53 to 9:50, the direction and all of that seems spot on to me. Maybe the animation isn't mind blowing but I think it is functional, if the music was done a bit better at the very peak of the fight I think it could be quite powerful.

Hope and Foxes.

Haven't really been in these threads since a month after the anime ended, but it looks like I mostly missed intense shitposting.
What am I supposed to do with all these pictures of the owls that I saved?

I'm just guessing here but I have a feeling the JRA had more planned for the collab but backed out when Kadokawa indirectly blamed the collab shorts for Yaoyorozu's departure (which turned out to be complete bullshit).

Post them and follow that one Twitter of a dude who posts videos of his pet Mimi as it does various autistic things like sitting on the floor like people and staring.

What you actually missed were Japanese executives ruining a franchise that was printing money due to unknown reasons (but were almost certain to be selfish and petty).

They never blamed the collab shorts. That was just fan speculation about the meaning of a specific phrase to do with using the property in ways they hadn't approved.

So, what happened since Kadokawa went into indefinitely long 'negotiations'? Nothing?

They didn't work out. YYZ is officially off the project.

I have too many, and going through my folder is making me nostalgic

and yesterday Tatsuki announce his new TV anime at Comiket. Which seems to be using the concept from this

nijie.info/members.php?id=2768
This fag is still dedicated.

There's also a guy who really, really likes drawing Kaban getting dicked by Lucky.

>that ass
Tatsuki's a gentleman of refined taste.

Could we please stop having Kemono Friends mourning threads?
Yes, it was painful to say goodbye but much of us have already moved on to give our support on Tatsuki's new work.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is the inevitable flop of Pavillion and S2.
Heck, it might even be possible that no studio would want to take it because it is cursed to flop until returned to its rightful creators

I actually am sure I remember reading an interview about the PPP dance scenes before with Tatsuki where the interviewer said that he could tell he was a fan of that area from the shots they used and I don't think Tatsuki disagreed.

I don't think any of it will flop. Perhaps not be as successful as it could have been though. That said there might be significant Kemono Friends news within the next 24hrs from the 5+hours new years live stream today where they have a section called "Future Talk".

It's going to be really interesting to see the production committee for Tatsuki's new TV show when it comes out. Imagine the reactions if Kadokawa has invested.

Hope and Hippo

Couldn't care less about news about Kemono Friend's
They want it so bad?
They can have it.
They can it but the fans stay with Tatsuki.

Surely Tatsuki would be smart enough to completely divorce himself from Kadokawa

I'm not sure why Kadokawa would invest in a new anime made by Tatsuki over just letting him work on KF S2 which is what he and the fans both wanted.

Wrong pic, damn it

Neither Pavillion nor S2 will flop. Japs are obedient sheep who will gobble up everything they're told to. They don't have the kind of protest culture developed in the west where people keep a boycott of everything by a creator/distributor that committed something clearly immoral but not illegal until an official apology is issued and all the damage is properly fixed. I was already sceptical in the first days of Tatsukigate with so many "but think of X and Y artists who will go bankrupt if we boycott Kadokawa" opinions flying around and the recent developments clearly show barely anyone cares about the scandal and Kadokawa's practices anymore.

Kadokawa might not have a problem with them for all we know. It might have been that the other investors did.

Maybe, "if you stop making us look bad we will fund your anime".

You can't claim something like that and not back it up.

GINO and Psycho Pass say otherwise

It's a shame we probably won't be seeing anymore keifuku for a long time but the new project looks interesting.

And we do that too? Look at EA, disgusting preorders, season passes, and microtransactions. For all the "boycotting" that goes on, this shit keeps happening regardless. The west may have a protest culture, but it's the mostly sit back and bitch online kind of culture.

The outrage that came out of Japan right after 9.25 was definitely out of the ordinary. Hell it did impossible and united Japan, China and Korea against a common enemy.

Looking back on the whole thing it's now starting to look like the negotiations were just a stall tactic by Kadokawa (or whoever on the production committee that wanted Yaoyorozu out) until the outrage died down.

How do I stop crying over this

Funnily enough Tatsuki worked on Psycho Pass S2.

You must die to stop Not even dead you can stop

True. It ended the way still:
The fans killed the franchise that they wanted to monopolize so much and whomever wanted to take S2 better be prepared for the loss

I stopped crying and started smiling again after Tatsuki announced a new anime

>one last time.
See you in the next general.

I'm seriously considering killing myself on new years

Kemono Friends was the one little glimmer of light in my life and it's gone

There haven't been consistent threads for quite a while now. The only really active English communities around Kemono Friends now are the two discords.

twitter.com/unagimay
VERY dedicated.

that's a cute cosplay

Reminds of the Osaka live show where Yuka tried to put on a pair of Serval ears despite already wearing ears as part of her stage costume.

That whole episode was pretty cute, with Aya Uchida being embarrassed too and failing to get them on right.

Then when she said "Double Serval!" that was pretty funny. It's stuff like that which makes me still want to hope for the best for Kemono Friends despite everything. Watching that was the most tanoshii I had since before 9/25.

At 500 yen a pop, 18500 yen. I'm sure some are more expensive, so 185 dollars is a decent estimate?

I already went to my local zoo, the Otters were as squeaky as I remember them.

Fucking loved to see their enclosure as a kid.

I find it ironic how throughout all this mess, the only one who truly benefits is Tatsuki whereas Kadokawa got practically nothing but harm.

At this point, Irodori could release any trashy and generic anime and it would still break 20k. I am going to take a blind shot and say that once Train Station master was released, it would break Bakemono numbers

Well it sold out at comiket within 2hrs and Tatsuki is putting it on sale in the new years. There won't be a TV series though looking at the announcement irodori made for their new TV series the other day,

I should thank Kadokawa that they let me discover Tatsuki. He's a good director. Even that poorly animated short is nicely storyboarded.