Is this the most generic shonen series ever made? If there is a more generic one please tell me

Is this the most generic shonen series ever made? If there is a more generic one please tell me

BC is my guilty pleasure. I shouldnt be entertained by it, but I am.

I recommend One piece.

Fairy Tail

Does any other generic shonen go as crazy as FT though? The gay-guild, the different dimension clone dead childhood friend bullshit. That entire island which was made to house the personification of emo?

One Piece is a parody. Not a shonen. Obviously it will have similarities with actual shonen

I really hate Gauche not because hes a pedo but becauses hes a fucking cunt. Also why is Yami allowed to have felons in his knight squad what the fuck.

>brown girl was a lesbo
I fucking knew it and she has great taste.

Cuz he's second in command to the highest government authority.

MHA is an example of generic shonen done right. Gash Bell is another.

How is One Piece a parody? It's not like it's trying to be some kind of D E C O N S T R U C T I O N or anything. One Piece is as shonen as shonen gets.

MHA is capeshit for braindead weebs

>one piece
>not a parody
Level zero readers man

>one piece is a parody
Get your head out of your ass.

Give me an example of how One Piece is a parody of shonen rather than it being an actual shonen

sounds like a generic shonen to me

Why should I? This is a black clover thread. Not a one piece thread

>One Piece
>generic

If you said HxH it would've at least be true.

So you got no argument alright

Is that Boruto's cousin?

My argument is right on the table dude. Not my fault you're a level zero reader

>edgy character introduced
>turns out to be a legit bro
same. despite the straightforward plot and sad character backgrounds out the ass i still like reading it.

This easily

One Piece is the most generic shonen trash in existence.

Fairy Tail and Naruto are also up there.

Funny way to spell HxH

Flame of Recca

MHA is the worst kind of generic shounen, it just rip shit from better shows and does it worse.

Real answer: Flame of Recca

Black Clover is pretty bad though.

Why no love for Michael Caesar?

Don't compare Gash Bell with capeshit naruto.

>autistic retards wasting their youth instigating another shonen argument on Sup Forums for the umpteenth night
I can just imagine you sitting there with terrible posture in your dimly lit room giggling to yourself as you post some shit about GODA

I know it's like the same 10 people too, there's a very particular style of posting every time along with the things they say. You having fun there? Gonna keep doing this til you're 30 years old? You people who constantly reply are even more pathetic. Please just eat a bullet already.

erza isn't a tsundere though

t. Black Clover fanboy

JoJo's is pretty generic

Nothing more generic and worse than. Bnha.

since no one really bit after like a dozen of their posts I kinda feel bad for the bnha shitposter

bnha is good, the series you like is bad

gonna get some sleep now but pretend I'm still reading the thread you're welcome

Your tastes are shit so Idgaf about what is good or bad for you.

Literally no one likes Black Clover. Grow up.

Law of Ueki

Powers were unique, formula and archetypes were copypaste

Toriko

>manly men instead of 16 year old twinks
>no forced romance subplot
>powerlevels don't even try to make sense
>uses food as powerlevels
i think not

Can't argue with quads

Lurk more

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Christ, are you a retard

Woah, are you ever wrong

Hang yourselves

This is the first series where I thought that the protagonist actually deserves to be bullied and commit suicide. The protagonist only harass the nun and sings screamo whenever he wants to say something. I don't expect protagonists like him to be talented but at least please don't be an asshole as well. He has no redeeming qualities other than becoming a punching bag made of meat.

At least the tsundere in this one is cute.

The flop and worst shonen ever

It better then boku no asspull academia

The fact that will mind blow fanboy

Just wait shonen jump axed it

This.

No one like it total flop

Yes the most worst manga in shonen jump history

I am going to actually bother with more than 1 sentence to explain why one piece is not generic shonen because no one in the thread has the patience to, since it has actually broken plenty of shonen trophes and its appeal is widely different from other shonen series.

1 - it lasted more than 10 years without a training arc

2 - Almost every villain has no backstory, catching off readers, hell, Enel literally is just explained in like one panel saying he came from another sky island.

3 - No one fucking died for more than 10 years, which oda's famous catchphrase 'your dreams getting crushed are worse than dying".

4 - Its focus on comedy catches off guard underages and scares them away, the OP audience is actually on its 30s - 40s now, according to japanese polls (it scares away kids because they want EDGY CHARACTERS AND DEATHS)

5 - The main appeal according to most fans is NOT epic well drawn battles with 2-page spreads, its dumps of text expanding the world building and revelations of those story details linking together, making it fun to discuss and look foward to.

6 - romantic subplots are treated as jokes and oda has stated tons of times he will never make them an important subplot point (scaring away teenagers and underages who love romantic subplots).

But anyways, just look at underages, they dont like one piece, its too wacky and random, ask a kiddo anytime what they like about shonen and they will ansewer with naruto, bleach or dbz, this is undeniable truth.

LASTLY, one piece DOES have plenty of shonen trophes in itself though, mainly the power of friendship, power ups and other details like that.

Nope but this

It unique asta not have magic but still training become strong mc unlike beta faggot crybaby deku

You hateboner user it still sell like hot cakes in japan

This

literally every shonen MC works around that trope, they are introduced as weaklings with disadvantages in the world they live in, only to eventually get power ups and overcome their foes as the plot progresses.

there is nothing wrong with this trope, but you are dumb if you actually think black clover differentiates from it in any way or form.

>from the creator of naruto
did kishi actually have any part in the creation of black clover?

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

> If there is a more generic one please tell me
MHA.

THIS.
Cant believe there is someone who compares Gash Bell to anything shitshounenjump offers.

Kishi is the father of modern shonen pierrot should give him credit

Boku no asspull academia

Capeshit naruto

No the creator is yuki tabata hater just photoshop it

here

> but you are dumb if you actually think black clover differentiates from it in any way or form.
speedreader detected,
not saying black clover does a 180 degrees change on the troupe, but it has at least 1 unique thing to it, the MC doesnt discover he has uberlevels of energy/ability in his body by birth(or by being given that power) and must now learn to control it,
it has at least something different than what naruto,bleach,toriko,reborn,mha etc do, not saying its unique since this version was done several times before too but still, its not the most used version of this troupe

Dont get this post at all. You want to say that black clover was created by the same guy who did gash bell? Serious question.

>MC doesnt discover he has uberlevels of energy/ability in his body by birth(or by being given that power) and must now learn to control it
What is 5 leaf black clover grimore? Just tool not power?

And this

>generic shonen done right

What was the point of this thread?

And than your English.

It doesnt grant the MC shitton of mana or so thats all im saying.

Some user wanted to shit on Black Clover but people on Sup Forums know its one of the better shounen out there since it doesnt pretend to be anything more. In short, he shot himself in the foot.

But isn't it exactly like Naruto?
He trained really hard to prove himself but had a secret super special thing inside him?

I don't wanna call MHA too special but he was given it by a mentor
He wasn't secretly special

i can' stand his face, hair, everything. his design is unbearable.

>people on Sup Forums know its one of the better shounen
See that is how you write bait

Its generic but I like it. Sometimes a well executed generic concept just works.

The best part about Black Clover is that it doesn't pay lip service to teamwork but actually goes all in with it.

I agree with you but only about the manga. the anime isn't well executed at all.

All bait aside the only aspect of One Piece which could be considered generic is it's protagonist but even then he is well developped throughout the manga so it isn't an issue.

Probably this, not only the manga is generic but even its arcs are. There are maybe 2 or 3 arcs that are different in the manga, all the other arcs are the same thing.

Yeah no, MHA isn't nearly as generic as Black clover. Be it the protagonist, the setting, the art, the characters, I don't see what makes you believe that MHA is more generic than Black Clover. Everyone were thinking of Naruto when watching BC, I don't remember seeing as many people thinking of another manga/anime when watching MHA.

Plenty of people compare MHA with Naruto
Its kinda naruto
only replace ninjas with superheroes and rock lee is the protagonist

but it is literally a level above everything else.
Your one unique selling point is gone.

Take the nostalgia goggles off.
Gash bell was good but not anything great.

>generic shonen done right.
I love this meme

You missed my point. I didn't say that no one thought of another manga when reading MHA.
I said that it wasn't as many as the people who though of Naruto when reading black clover.

>rock lee is the protagonist
Can you explain that one? Because the only similarity that I find between Deku and Lee is the hardworking trait. Well you can argue that there is also the "no superpower" thing but that was only valide in the first chapters of the manga.

Wan piss

The one without any power to do ninjutsu and shit
The one without any quirk
Both get a power by their incredibly cheesy mentor who they idolize and who they want to be exactly alike

That is about it.
They also both go with a permanent hand injury out of the first tournament against a super talented element controlling guy.

Check the tags "axed" and "rushed ending." You'll see that there's much worse out there, stuff that ended in just 12 chapters for example.
Honestly, even though BC is forgettable and generic, at least the art is decent. And I'm happy the author got a popular work after editor interference completely ruined his debut work, Hungry Joker (seriously compare the one shot with the actual series).

Like I said this isn't valid because Lee doesn't get any power to do ninjustu in his manga when Deku got a quirk in literally the second or third chapter of the manga.

>Both get a power
Lee doesn't get a power, he gets a technique. His inability to use ninjutsu or genjustu isn't cured.

>They also both go with a permanent hand injury out of the first tournament against a super talented element controlling guy.
Lee gets a permanent injury? Didn't he fully recover by the time of the "sasuke rescue" arc?

Other than that I agree with the other similarities but it's hardly enough to call them the same character, their temper are very different so is their way of overcoming difficulties.

The problem here is that Black Clover in comparison is just such a low fucking standard. Okay MHA isn't derivative if you compare it to how derivative and uninspired Black Clover is.
But generally MHA is also not that special

Naruto had tons of his verses energy in his body. Screaming MC doesnt. The energy he has cant be spammed and doesnt allow him to shoot gaint energy-consuming attacks around.

I dont think nostalgia has anything to dowith my opinion since i reread the series once every year and its still one of the best ones.

It had to be unlocked. For his youth he thought he was the least special as in weakest and yet he trained really hard. That is exactly asta.

Seriously couldn't asta just have trained never gotten a grimoire and just gotten a huge sword from a blacksmith.

>Gordon has been in the manga since the very first chapters the Black Bulls were introduced
>Just now seeing his magic at chapter 100+

jesus fuck that took some time huh