Netflix will simulcast Violet Evergarden in most countries

First time this has ever happened with Netflix, what could it mean?

absolutely nothing

Netflix will be dead in a few years, so who cares?

>streaming

It means kyoani is saving anime and making the Netflix execs understand how nip cartoons work.

Presumably they have more control over the distribution since they put more money in.

Very expensive BDs. Possibly trash-tier video quality due to

Normalfags won.

Didn't they release Better Call Saul at monthly interviews? It's not that crazy.

Although it'd be kinda crazy if Netflix featured it on their front page(?)/features

It means it's confirmed to be shit like everything netflix gets. Netflix touched Little Witch and look what happened. And the Fate they rolled to get exclusive? Apoc.

KyoAnifags on suicide watch.

LWA TV was shit because of Trigger not netflix

>he doesn't know
lol

Fate Apo was doomed the moment the novel came out. It was trash, the anime actually was a bit better but was still garbage.

>he thinks Netflix isn't getting Extra as well

Crunchyroll/Funi got Extra

LWA doesn't work as TV anime and all Fates are garbage except Zero.

I hope it's not American dub

Means that Kyoani is at a league of its own. No one can match them, they are arguably the most important studio that there is.

it means that GODANI is the only true "Art House" anime studio

Netflix is gonna turn into an anime channel only considering Disney plans to leave them and Disney is on a buying spree these days.

>Netshit

>Netflix execs understand how nip cartoons work
that's bad them, because evergarden us miles away from any other tv show that isn't kyoani's

Was that synopsis made by a non-english speaker?

>Kyoani buys Netflix

Please fuck off to your Violent Evershit generals

Hasn't netflix always released an entire season of series so people can binge-watch them? Why don't they do the same with Violet Evergarden? Given that it's Kyoanj, I think the anime is already completed at this point.

Fucking kill me already I hate it so much that netflix is making anime mainstream normalfags tier now.

Fuck im mad.

All those countries got the rights on time?

Probably the hype, I think they learned their lesson with LWA TV, it was hyped to no end but the wait kinda killed the show, and also it was shit but that realization came after.

there's none on catalog right now

I hope my 3rd world country does

I still can't watch that gambling anime even until now

How about you stop being a pleb and use the fucking internet?

I also think that seeing how Kyoani's scheduling practices are light years ahead of every other studio, Netflix can afford to simulcast it, guessing there's a lot of paperwork involved in getting the rights for that many countries, and they're not as familiar with the anime industry like Crunchyroll is.

1. Even more cancer in threads for that show than expected
2. Subs might ironically be late too

how?? nyaa is dead you fucking retard

I seriously hope this is bait.

I think we should ban this show from Sup Forums for being the ultimate normalfags entry level shit of the year.

>Ban AOTY

No

>netflix streaming
This means absolutely nothing to anyone who doesn't use Netflix.

It means that in a couple of years anime will be focused on making it acceptable in the west so they can get Netflix money.

The spookyman is strong in this thread.

and Sup Forums will by happy about this.

Based Kyoani saving Netflix from absolute annihilation from Disney and Fox.

Reddit anime fans who come to Sup Forums occasionally will be happy about this.

Japan's system of funding anime through figurines and BDs is retarded. Nobody in the West would pay that amount of money for anime.
If Japan wants us to pay for anime they need to make it cheaper, say, Netflix rates.
Reminder that not supporting anime is a cunt move and being solipsistic and downloading "just because you can" is an even cuntier move.
Also reminder that if you are a solipsist using the above terms you deserve to die. You're the kind of people that would kill and rape if you thought you could get away with it.
And this, good people, is why atheism does not work. The general populace NEEDS to fear The Invisible Man.

TL;DR: Pay for anime or you're a cunt who ADMITS atheism is a cancer to society.

BASED NETFLIX MAKING ANIME SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE XD

CANT WAIT TO WATCH THIS EPIC ANIME WITH MY GF I HOPE THERE IS SO KOWAII WAIFU IN THIS SHOW

>netflix shilling
Fuck off.

>Being this offended by Based Kyoani saving anime again.

lol no im torrenting and there is literally nothing you can do about it

who cares

Then you admit you're a cunt and that atheism is bad for society?

Im a cunt thats for sure.

Japan is still gonna make stuff for their own audience, and they have their own Netflix division. And even if they were to produce or fund "western" anime, the original industry overseas would continue as if nothing happened.
Besides, the East is also a far larger potential market for anime than the West, with the current growth in China; the latter is already multiple times larger than the entire Western anime market.

copyright is theft

And you admit atheism is bad for society. You yourself are an example.

Thanks user, I hope that continues to be true I just worry that they'll focus on leaving out "anime that might be controversial" rather than outright making anime for the west in mind. It might be the difference between Prisma Illya Season 4 and Castlevania Season 3.

>Netflix buys KyoAni
>KyoAni animates the next season of House of Cards

>muh Netflix
Proud to say I never watched anything in that normalfag trash and never will.

Just a matter of time until anime include ''diversity'' to please the SJWs crowd.

To everyone that hates Netflix: What would YOU suggest is a better affordable alternative for anime watchers to support shows they like?

has been a thing for a long, long time. see turn a for example.

KyoAni decided that Netflix was the best partner for them in the West. Any non-chink who therefore doesn't use Netflix to watch Violet Evergarden is not a KyoAni-fan, but a miserable pirate and an arsehole.

Patreon

Crunchyroll :)

Netflix doesnt produce shows. They just buy shit they think their audience likes or might like in the future, which is why they are investing in anime right now.

Yes exactly and if it means Netflix is more likely to pick up your show so you make more money then you will probably steer towards making shows that are "Netflix friendly"

#
>Netflix
>”friendly”
Pick one. They kept in shit that would make HBO blush with Daredevil.

Like what?

I didn't ask for amerimutts to get their dirty hand on anime.

Any shows this season you think aren't :netflix friendly"

Blend S and Konohana Kitan maybe. I wonder if they would even show things like Love Live/Idolm@ster.

I don't even think these shows are good in particular but it'd annoy me if shows like that stopped existing/fewer of them were made because of western influence. (No way Love Live/Idolm@ster is vanishing but you get the point)

First of all, If Netflix is gonna make anime, they're gonna try to target the Adult Swim/Toonami audience and of course that means there's gonna be plenty of violence. Hell, they don't even have to censor it. Marco Polo gives Game of Thrones a run for its money in terms of gratuitous nudity and sex scenes.
Second, what it’s given isn’t made to be “Netflix friendly”. If the material was censored before it was given the material, that is outside of Netflix's statement. It's a fine point of American law.
Similarly, companies can state they don't throttle or censor customers even though they do limit bandwidth to certain sites after a certain amount of usage. Business-friendly laws and business friendly court rulings create such situations. As usual, business-friendly usually isn't consumer-friendly just as ethics and money don't mix

Oh and Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken

Probably has to do with pirating. They probably crunched the numbers and realized waiting to release the entire season was losing too many viewers from the target demographic. Anyone that wants to watch the show isn’t going to wait until it’s already finished airing.

>implying the violence is what the issue would be with and not the "sexualization"

also I'm saying they would alter their own standards when creating the anime in the first place to meet what would likely be accepted on netflix

Anime should die so that I can be free from this.

Buy merch from the shows you like

I don't like that anime is being seen as socially acceptable. No I don't want Chad to start talking about his pleb fucking taste while calling everything 2D a waifus.

Netflix already has plenty of moeshit and CGDCT shows.

supporting anime through western companys means that studios will start to cater to westerners more and more. doing so results in anime not being anime anymore. most people watch it because it isnt like western tv, but a lot of people would be too retarded to notice changes anyway. if you wanna support studios you buy the merc. nothing else really helps preserving anime.

There's a difference between K-ON and Prisma Illya user. CGDCT is as tame as it gets.

True, but Netflix merely bought rights and is not involved in any production; they’ll be shown on Japanese TV as well other streaming services in China and elsewhere.
The West had a chance of being more important to the anime industry, which is long gone.

Netflix is involved in some production like with Castlevania and it doesn't matter if they're involved, if they pay good money for the rights then companies will want to make their shows "Netflix friendly" to get a piece of that.

>studios will start to cater to westerners more and more
So you're saying we could finally have anime where characters
>don't act flustered at the thought of holding hands
>don't act embarrassed when male characters look at their obviously revealing outfits
>don't act like the same thousand cliche character archetype tsundere we've seen thousands of times before
Because if so, where do I sign up?

>most people watch it because it isnt like western tv
Only to a certain extent. Many aspects of anime are worn out.

Too expensive. Anime studios should find a better profit system rather than relying on that shit.

That means Kyoanus' next anime is going to be trash.

>First time this has ever happened with Netflix, what could it mean?
NOOOO THIS ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, YOU WAS SUPPOSED TO STOP THE SHITPOSTING AND KILL OF THE HYPE

FUCK KYOANI FAGS WILL BE SHITPOSTING FOR WEEKS

so let me sum up: youre burned out of anime and would prefer for them to turn into rick and morty now.

We already get anime like that if you don't watch every generic high school anime, but generic garbage is all you'll get, you won't have any kind of variety and anime will literally die if the west sucks the life out of it.

I was in all the threads and watched all the livewatch for LWA and never understood why people said it was so bad.

Most of Sup Forums is burned out of anime. This year we've gotten more "this season has been terrible" posts than ever before.
>Rick and Morty
I watch both Western and anime shows.

The reason we get so many generic anime is because too many anime are produced each season. If they produced less anime each season, they'd be able to take more time into making good anime.

>This year we've gotten more "this season has been terrible" posts than ever before
almost like weve also had more posters than ever before. maybe theres some correlation here.

>this year we've gotten more this season has been terrible posts than ever before

Not true, this year has been one of the better years in recent memory but people will always complain a season is terrible.

>confessing to watching Rick and Morty

I should really not have bothered to reply

>Too many shows are produced each season
Not possible, it's not as if the studios who produce high quality anime are bogged down making trash at the same time, it's an entirely different studio

Key words being “their shows”. Everything Netflix has done in anime so far has either been an original or an adaptation of a famous Japanese property. The idea that they are going to fund western pandering shit is just completely unfounded. If anything it seems like the understand that anime is appealing to people because it is different from western shit. People are retarded if they think Japan is going to completely drop their target audiences (be it otaku or normalfags) and ride the “friendly” wave. All they have done so far is throw money at Japanese to do their thing and not got involved in the creative side at all. That is exactly the same as they do with their live action TV shows for the most part too. They aren't producers of content they pay people to make content who know how to do it.

>The reason we get so many generic anime is because too many anime are produced each season. If they produced less anime each season, they'd be able to take more time into making good anime.

That's not how economics works. Less supply means less demand, and with less demand comes more risk, and with more risk comes safer and more generic anime.

>I want anime to not be anime anymore

>jaded oldfags hate anime now so it must change

Why should Japan pander to you?

You haven't been reading all the posts user, of course Japan won't completely drop their target audience but they will consider if there's more money to be made making a Netflix friendly show over something else if the money from Netflix is noticable. Netflix is also throwing money at companies to produce Netflix original anime like Castlevania.

Nonono, you have it all wrong, it's
>anime studios rely on BD and figurine money
>their bosses know they can make safe generic CGDCT shit each season and get a half decent income without trying
>no reason to input any effort into their anime because there's no need

Compared to
>anime studios stop relying on regular figurine and BD money
>know they have to be more careful if they want those viewers and money
>put more effort into their anime

Subs are going to be absolute trash.