If Code Geass season 3 actually turns out pretty good, do you think it'll inspire "revival" seasons of unfinished shows?

If Code Geass season 3 actually turns out pretty good, do you think it'll inspire "revival" seasons of unfinished shows?

Who cares, it'll bring Geass Sundays back.

You mean Sup Forums aping Geass Sundays

>implying they won't force everything to one general

It really won't.

Sup Forums would still be contained in shounenshit threads.
That would be a crime against humanity.

Why would it? Code Geass wasn't unfinished, it had a pretty definite conclusion.

The world needs Kira

This.
Why are people hyped for this shit even tho we had a conclusion?

because as of the new movies and season 3 it's no longer the conclusion

>tho
Stop speaking like a nigger.

>unfinished

i just want FMP :(

If it turns out well, I could see other studios taking the risk.
But if it's as good as R1 or R2 then we will also get R4

Only if I get continuations/endings to legend of the legendary heroes, chrome shelled regios, and 12 kingdoms.

I WANT TO FUCK C.C.

Of course you do.

>unfinished

>reading comprehension

What site do you think you're on

>do you think it'll inspire "revival" seasons of unfinished shows?
this implies that code geass is like these unfinished shows

Not really
If he had said "other unfinished shows" that's one thing. Pretty clearly here the operative word is "revival" with respect to Geass.

Code Geass wasn't unfinished. It was an anime original story that spanned 50 episodes which was given a conclusive ending. Crazy in light of the current environment of single cour adaptations made without any assurance that the entirety of of the source material will ever actually be covered. This is a retcon in favor of a new anime original story, not finishing the series.

How is this a retcon? Code Geass tied itself up nicely, but the ending was open enough to invite possible continuation.

>Why are people hyped for this shit even tho we had a conclusion?
Because it was shitty conclusion. It's good thing they remaking R2 clusterfuck.

I want Deadman Wonderland season 2

Give me my sexy Shiro dudes

i just want my weekly geass threads

i only watched this for kanahana

>do you think it'll inspire "revival" seasons of unfinished shows?
Can you even name any "unifinished" shows that aren't based on a manga or a light novel and thus are just advertisements?

FMA brotherhood only happened because it was based on an insanely popular manga that then made an insanely popular series that went original before most of the manga story even finished. People asking for something like a baccano or an air gear or a soul eater followup are kidding themselves

Manga is very good and I would like to see it animated

Isn't it already just one of a number of revivals inspired by Dragon Ball Super?

R3 was probably already being planned by the time Super started airing, because Geass has always relied om being planned out starting a few years in advance. R1 was in the works in 2003, and final touches to R2 disrupted the flow for some of the episodes.

>Code Geass got a movie comp and S3
>Zegapain only had movie remake
>Mai Hime/Mai Otome get absolutely nothing despite it had great sales and success.

This irks me the most about Sunrise not understanding the fans who love older IP's. I will never understand why Sunrise laziness or autism against this franchise.

I wish there was more Mai-Hime.
Nearly everything about it was perfect and all the characters were so lovely.

We already got FLCL seasons 2 and 3. It may be a thing now.

Did somebody say "unfinished shows"?

Me too, me too

We will have a new Mai series this year or next year for it's 15th anniversary project. Mai Tokiha is such a great character who isn't selfish and has the most charismatic type of body you ever seen in an anime. I pray to god Sunrise is planning a new Mai-series in the horizon.

>How is this a retcon?
Not him but there's literally no way to have Lelouch still be alive without going against the established rules. He can't have had the code because he was still able to use Geass after killing Charles and he can't have taken it off of CC because she's still alive at the end of the series.

It resolved all of the plot threads, gave all of the characters who lived happy endings (even faggots like Ohgi who didn't deserve it), and it had a proper buildup so it didn't feel forced or out of place. I honestly don't get why so many Sup Forumsutistics call R2 a clusterfuck, that's a word that should be reserved for shit like Naruto or Bleach or One Piece that goes on for so long it loses the plot.

>He can't have had the code because he was still able to use Geass after killing Charles
The rule was never "you can have a geass or a code, but not both" the rule was "you trade your geass for the code of the person who gave you your geass". CC had a geass from the nun, then took her code, then gave lelouch a geass. Likewise VV had a code, gave charles a geass, and then charles took his code so he lost his geass.

Lelouch is the one person who could have received a geass from one person and taken the code from another lineage, which would make him have Code (and) Geass which is the exact kind of melodramatic writing this series lives for.

This is all just a theory though, they could come up with any fucking excuse for lelouch being alive, even somthing as basic as "he was just pretending, because the entire series has been about lelouch tricking people with grandiose acts and illusions to hide what he's really doing, and suzaku is improbably talented and if anyone could violently stab someone but manage to avoid any fatal hits it would be him"

Lelouch is the ONLY person that makes sense being the cart driver, he is the ONLY person that CC would talk so intimately with that doesn't have even less of an excuse to still be alive. I have never seen someone give a reasonable excuse for who else it could be if not him.

>without going against the established rules. He can't have had the code because he was still able to use Geass
CC (killed by nun) and Charles (geassed by Lelouch) died before their Code manifested.

>It resolved all of the plot threads
I wouldn't call retarded suicide pact which didn't have chances to achieve anything except for author fiat a good resolution.

>gave all of the characters who lived happy endings
Supposing that Lelouch died then CC is still sentenced for eternity of loneliness. He promised to fulfill her wish and he cant do this if he's dead.

>it had a proper buildup so it didn't feel forced or out of place.
Lelouch playing Christ and dying for sins of humanity, achieving eternal peace because writers said so. Seems legit.

>I honestly don't get why so many Sup Forumsutistics call R2 a clusterfuck
You sound like butthurt 'Lelouch is dead'fag

>"revival" seasons of unfinished shows
But Code Geass WAS finished.

not the old Geass Sunday though. Sup Forums has changed. a lot.

I agree, but I think it's still possible for Sup Forums to have fun with a silly show. My greatest concern is that the fags in the dragon ball and boko no hero generals - you know, the biggest sources of newfaggotry nowadays - would be familiar enough with geass to infest the threads while the show airs.

>The rule was never "you can have a geass or a code, but not both" the rule was "you trade your geass for the code of the person who gave you your geass"
Gonna need some sauce on that, friendo

That's how a contract works.
Taking a code from somebody who you never made a contract with does not break your contract with the person who gave you geass because it is irrelevant to the matter. The conditions have not been met, so the contract is active.

I just want sunrise to finally put out a show that isn't Gundam.
It's been like 2-3 years since we got trainwrecks, and mirai arise is never coming out.

But then how did CC give Lelouche the geass?
That would mean she would've been carrying geass and a code

All I want is lewd Cecile

I think S3 will end with Lelouch dying again.

Cecile really needs more art
As if they don't do that every season

No in some roundabout way S3 will end with Lelouch being born

>Suzaku had a chance with this

Listen here fuckhead, if Ohgi even gets a fucking papercut this season will be worth it.

Technically he still does

There's a higher chance of Shirley coming back but I'd love to see Cecile get a more prominent role. I don't know what she'd be doing but more Cecile in general would be fantastic.

gonna /t/ this shit just don't know which one to get
flac or non flac?
or should I get the Moozzi2 enhanced version?

thank you for giving me the hope i need to carry on with my life that lelouch is alive

Don't forget the year of 2018 also had the Resurrection of Full Metal Panic and A certain Magical Index too. So a few other anime are resurrecting in 2018.

FLAC is better theoretically but effectively the same as most other compression methods
Mostly takes up more space

Lloyd and Cecile will probably work on developing Knightmares and other combat tools for Zero/Suzaku. Special core will probably get more attention, especially because of F.L.E.I.J.A development.

Will Geass 3 get DBS levels of shit posting and retardation?
I missed Sup Forums when Geass 1 and 2 aired but they were horrible anime series and not entertaining in the slightest.
I'm curious to see the rampant shitposting and retard appreciation that has made geass on Sup Forums legendary.
Please do not disappoint me Sup Forums I need you all to sperg out when Geass 3 airs. I will document it.

yea that shits like 20 gigs compared to the [DB] release of 5 gigs

>they were horrible anime series
>not entertaining in the slightest
Pick neither.

Fuck off haruhi, you already got a third season.

yuck
also
>noncanon

>haruhi
me and a million others were gonna post this