Rewatching it all today, I picked up on a few more details:

Rewatching it all today, I picked up on a few more details:

When the pink fluorite detonated on Antarc's right foot, that's how it ended up in the shape it was.

When Phos offered Sensei to fix his robe, citing that she could already hear Red Beryl shouting, "How could you do this?!", that's exactly what Red Beryl said to Phos when Red Beryl found her.

>"How could you do this?!"

Beryl's point hasn't changed in decades. It's easy to predict what she will say when she inevitably flips out over your tattered clothing.

If not for Red Beryl, gems would be naked all year round. Fuck Beryl.

Furthermore, almost every single injury or casualty is because of a lack of attention rather than skill.

Zircon: nailed protecting Yellow who wasn't watching
Amethysts: weren't watching
Phos' Arms: goofing around
Antarc: almost got hit when Phos bonded with the arms
Antarc's Hand: looking to the school
Antarc: watching Phos
Phos: saved by sensei at the end of the winter

Manga:
Ghost: almost nabbed because she wasn't watching
Phos: nailed after partnering with ghost because she was thinking about Shinsha
Lapis: Lost her head because she was thinking too much
Pho's Head: was too focused on cairngorm's arm

Then there's the whole catastrophe with the board pieces.

There's plenty more I haven't mentioned, but what you can break down the conflict in this story down into is that almost anybody who's paying attention can sufficiently defend themselves. It's recklessness that is getting gems abducted. Looking at it now, it's just mind blowing to me that literally almost every casualty is due to a lack of attention. It's gotta be a theme or something.

>"Recklessness is for the inept" - Bort, episode 10, 2017

Well, there it is.

Well, the lunarians don't change their strategies for centuries, so gems are never caught off guard. The exceptions to this being what you said - recklessness, and new types of lunarian (Shiro, etc.)

>they call Bort insane for being the only one to avoid this

BORT was right.
Bort WAS right.
Bort was RIGHT.

Man no wonder he wants to smash dumb gems.

>When Dia goes down for the count, she assumes Bort will say, "You're reckless."

As much as it pains me...

BORT WAS RIGHT. Sensei warns Phos and Ghost about this a few times, so presumably Bort well inherited this caution from Sensei.

This is an evil spirit

I have the impression Phos will end up becoming human somehow and dying of age, she already has the legs form Admirabilis(flesh) and is only missing the spirit don't know if count her eye as that

I drew some slugs, I hope they look ok

where's chartanon this is unfinished

looks good i always liked their designs

Sasuga user. Love these incestuous slugs.

Post Sensei!

Our dark goddess Rutile was right to cut them up just like she will do to traitorous Master Scholar in a couple of months,

That's a really, really nice catch actually. The lunarians don't even have to be too creative, someday someone will screw up and they'll succeed taking a gem or more.

Watching today for the first time. I'm on episode 4.
Please no spoilers and let's not bully Jade.

>implying Rutile could do anything to NuPhos
I wish I had saved that Madara copypasta with Phos some user made a couple threads ago.

You're going to get spoiled even if accidentally if you stick around in these threads when most people have gone on to read the manga at this point

>let's not bully Jade.

Nerds deserve to be bullied.

[Spoiler]Phos fucks up[/spoiler]

That's not a spoiler user.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Phosphophyllite? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Genki!Phosphophyllite. I’m not talking about Aculeatus Agate Shell Legs Genki!Phosphophyllite either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Gold and Platinum Alloy Arms with Agate Shell Legs Depressed!Phosphophyllite (with the ability to control the density of the alloy and to create infinite copies of himself), and having Antarcticite as PTSD hallucination to help him focus. Im talking about NeoNuLaPhosphophyllite, who possesses the Agate Legs, the Gold and Platinum Alloy, and Lapislazuli head who gives him increased data processing skills, with the ability to communicate both with the Admirabilis species and the Icefloes, and the Pearl eye which works as a surveillance device, allowing him to betray Sensei in 108 different ways in only 27 days.

Can somebody post the essay responses? I need them for reasons.

How do I acquire an gemgirl harem?

>allowing him to betray Sensei in 108 different ways in only 27 days.

Excellent.
Also, why is it 2018 already and an S2 hasn't been announced yet?

This?

you need money but you don't even have a job

>Phos gains the ability to pray for the Lunarians therefore allowing them to go to heaven and doesn't have to break Sensei

I doubt there will be an ending that happy though.

That's a few of them. I know there's more.

Because I wrote them but never saved them.

I've written several text walls about gem conspiracy theories, biology, archaeology, economics, etc... I think pretty much everyone has. It's a rite of passage for tsukijin to write a full essay about gem culture and it's impact on the overall Earth butt-conomy.

I think that's the only one that was saved (aside from the chord shore one and the one about ghost)
What others were there even?

Attention is a theme that runs through both Egyptian and Buddhist mythology.

France loves their gembutts, apparently

>Their long-term plan is to grind up the abducted gems into powder and scatter it on the surface of the moon, hoping the sight of it will persuade Kongo to act.
I can't understand the logic here, is he suppose to see it from earth? Are they trying to make him mad so that he will want to kill them?
Its funny how these 2 races view immortality differently while the slugs are satisfy in their mortality.

Go to bed, user.

But I don't want to.

>is he suppose to see it from earth?
That's apparently the point
The question is what the snails are doing since they're presumably incorporating the stuff into their shells at the same time

>Phos will end up becoming human somehow and dying of age

I haven't been able to see this ending any other way since the human particle was introduced. Species exchange seems to be a favorite theme of Ichikawa's as well. I just hope Cairn is around to watch over the baka until the very end.

Could a human even survive on the desolate Earth with nothing but invertebrates and a tiny sliver of land to live off from?

They would be fine as long as they can hunt snails.

There was one about Bort and Dia, how their relationship is a variation on the theme of change. Dia wants to change as well but due to some limitations of her personality, she refuses change in certain facets.

Mortality is much easier than immortality.

Does anyone have the edit of "no matter how fast I run I can't run away from the pain" with Yellow Diamond?

Gravity must be really fucked up with six moons. No way an actual human like us can survive there.

You can eat snails you know user. They're pretty tasty with garlic and parsley. The admirabilis look rather tasty too.
Also Phos found a few veggies that looked like carrots or onions while she was trying to make her encyclopedia. It's not as desolate as you think it is.

But a gem based human probably could.

What's even the point of turning Phos into a human? Does being human gives you admin rights on Adamant?

>eating a sentient creature
>eating a species that's a descendent of humanity
I'm no cannibal user

You would if you needed to survive user.

Please give me some time.

She can pray.

Their relationship was discussed way to many times in these threads.
Just search the archives for "Dia Bort relationship"

Toe cleavage.

red beryl knows how to make things look good

Could I get a quick rundown? Why are their heads so shiny, is it because their hair is crystal of some kind? Is this the anime version of Stevens universe but slightly less autistic?

>crystals of some kind
Yes.
>SU
Not at all, completely unrelated (besides both having gems).

It is exactly like steven universe. It is a bad anime. You shouldn't watch it. Don't bother.

Here's a bigger dia for you, user

Moonies are superior.

Jeid Update
next wait please

Neat, thanks for the info anons.

Thanks user!

Have a Phos and a happy new year!

Here's another one in the same tone. Have a Happy new year anons!

Well dang, this was heart breaking, just binged the show. Phos going from cute genki to jaded truth seeker was sad, and i fear she'll soon forget all the stuff important to her if this shit keeps up, and it's even worse knowing Sensei might be hiding shit about why they're even fighting these fucks in the first place, and keeping it a stalemate.

How far is the manga? Is the suffering gonna keep amping up?

Why doesn't Rutile just cut off some of Pad's hair and put it in the holes?

It's too soft.
I've lost count of how many times I've seen this question already.

Anime adapted only about half of the manga, and it's still ongoing (63 chapters currently).
>Is the suffering gonna keep amping up?
Yes.

Follow up question. When will Phos gem vore the other gems?

The manga is pretty good. Very unusual style but refreshing. If you liked the show you should give it a try. The anime ends at about 50% of the manga content, around chapter 30 out of 60. The suffering only gets worse.

Why did it work for Phos and not Pad? Is it because Phos is soft

>Retarded main character that makes life miserable for everyone
>gems
>All femme race

Well...

Chapter 108.
She becomes the Houseki no Kuni
Phos only fixed small cracks.

That scene where Phos strangles a lunarian gave me a boner. Is there more

Phos used her hair to heal minor inconveniences. Her gold/platinium made her stronger but it causes microfractures. Hair is good enough for tiny cracks. Padpadpad has rock AIDS which gives him gigantic chest vaginas. He needs to be filled with large solid blocks. Hair is not suitable for this task.

In the end, we truly were the Houseki no Kuni

Hemimorphite UPdate
I did not know who it was at the beginning.
I started playing an active part in 2014 and I knew who.

You as well

dia is a miracle

i thought they were all girls

they are

It's kind of sad when you think about it, if everyone wasn't so reckless they would probably still be chilling on Earth. Teamwork makes the dreamwork, but any who happy new years lads.

melon Update
It is very new and very few.
But it seems to be possible.

is this sarcasm?

I found the amount of detail on the frayed collar particularly unsettling. No clue if it means anything in particular.

It makes for a great contender for a one-page thread though. Completely nonsensical to anyone who doesn't know what's going on, but has some impact.

They're genderless but refer to themselves with male pronouns.

Don't forget Heliodor and M.A.O
You can also put in Misaki, Ran, Hina from バンドリ / ガルパ for the seiyuu of Phos, Bortz, Benito

>He needs to be filled with large solid blocks. Hair is not suitable for this task.

This is a very deep metaphor for the lack of D

This manga would probably look amazing in color. I hope I'm not the only one who gets confused by which gem is which sometimes when there's like 5 of them in a panel.

Bort Update

Helio OK

Disappointed there's not enough space in Euclase's column for Sawako

Their entire body is crystal. Their white "Skin" is actually a type of resin coating they use to prevent wear and tear from exposure to the elements as the only parts of their body that grow back are their hair. If they lose it then it's gone for good and considering that their memories are stored throughout their body if they lose any of it then they lose whatever memories were stored there which can be very bad.

The reason they leave their hair exposed is because their gems contain these little lifeforms which are what basically allow them to live as sentient gems and the lifeforms need to photosynthesize.

>Is it anime SU

Nothing about it is like SU beyond the main cast being genderless gem people. This series actually predates SU by a full year.

You guessed it exactly right on all counts, especially the suffering. Just wait until you get to Ghost.

>the only parts of their body that grow back are their hair
what

Yellow Update
I'll take a rest.

>Gems touching each other without protection.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!