Fate/Apocrypha

Now that it's over, what are your real, honest thoughts about it?

If it's as bad as the game, it's absolute garbage.

A soulless piece of shit, with nothing good about it other than a few cute girls with fan favorite voice actors.

It's A-1 so I don't see it being any better

It's shit

Somewhat promising first few episodes, then crap, then one pretty decent fight near the end, then more crap. But there wasn't much good about the LNs to adapt to begin with.

Degraded the fate brand desu
The gambling game with story still did more damage though

Lots of QUALITY animation that devolved into ridiculous power level bullshit at the end. That Karna fight in particular almost made me drop the show before I got to the shitty end.

Jack the ripper was cute.
Dumb dragon ruined everything.

Good fights and soundtrack, writing ranged from average to shit.

It's shit but it's better than that shitty Shirou anime

I liked every single part of it except Seig.
The final fight should have been between Shirou and Jeanne, it would have been a good twist on how the Grail War had been subverted into a battle between the two rulers. Seig (especially with the bullshit power ups) spoiled the whole thing.

I wish Semiramis and Shirou had more screen time. Same for Mordred. The Red Faction was more interesting in general and the show suffered due to the focus on Seig and the utterly boring Yggdmillennia family.

Jack was done well, I thought the loli Jack was stupid at first but it made sense in the end and her death set up the Jeanne and Atalanta conflict well.

Started out okay, excellent fights at the end, everything in the middle was shit. Way too many fucking characters and none of the potentially good ones got enough screentime. A lot of lore was left completely unexplained for people not in the know, especially everything in the last episode. Mostly god awful production values. The story in general was hot garbage.

Production quality was top notch.

>The final fight should have been between Shirou and Jeanne
Damn, it wasn't? Guess I won't be finishing this then...

>LEL INBETWEEN AMIRITE GUISE XD
This fight looked amazing.

Cut out Jeanne, Seig and Astolfo and focus on mordred,Sisigou, semiramis and shirou snd the anime automatically becomes 10 time better.

Between Mordred and Semiramis only.

Speaking of which, why didn't Semiramis turn her noble phantasm back on in round 2? It was wrecking Mordred but then after a small chat she just forgets the existence of it and loses.

You're wrong. Shirou's plan was compelling enough to sway even Jeanne, even without the mindbreak. His salvation was like a "sweet dream" as she described it. And Saints should strive for salvation of mankind, but not by any means necessary. Shakespeare was there to stall her, not hurt her. If there wasn't Sieg, his First Folio would find another way to break her. That's what it does best.
Sieg's motivation to stop him was in direct opposition to Shirou's view. While Shirou wanted to create an utopia with no future, Sieg wanted to protect the effort of people to strive for the future. You say Amakusa was a selfless savoir, but in reality, he was the most selfish person in the cast.

I find it hard to believe that any sane person would even consider approving of instrumentality. Not to mention Achilles approved of it. Is the author autistic or something?

Was boring. Last few episodes were fine but it still stays garbage.

Speaking of which, how the fuck could Necromancer know that he is gonna be dealing with poison from Hydra from Greek myths when dealing with Sumer empress and prepare an antidote for that beforehand.

>Sieg wanted to protect the effort of people to strive for the future. You say Amakusa was a selfless savoir, but in reality, he was the most selfish person in the cast.

I disagree completely. The eventual evolution of humanity would bring people to the state of salvation anyway, Amakusa was just speeding up the process. If you went and asked every dying person, every abused woman, every father with starving children if they wanted salvation or wanted to be able to 'strive' they would choose salvation. Sieg was valuing an aesthetic choice over the lives of millions of people.
It is true that humans have to reach salvation by themselves, but the Red Faction were human, their actions were humanity reaching for salvation.

They would get pruned regardless. Amakusa's salvation meant annihilation.

>smughomu.png

So why did Jeanne fall in love with a homunculus again?

Fate only exists for the doujins. And not just the astolfo ones.

Because she just did. Love isn't logical.

Who was the best servant?

But what did he even do? Look pretty?

Quite fun but could have been much better. Skipping explanations really screwed up the adaptation, as without previous knowledge the ending is pretty weird

what a fucking shit show why do they keep making these

He didn't. Remember he got that Hydra as payment in the beginning? He made a Hydra Dagger with it and antidotes in case he ever needed for his own dagger. Luckily for him, Archer of Black being Chiron caused Semiramis to opt for using Hydra Poison.

It was basically a coincidence.

Strong and thick dragon dick.

Also, he was selflessly fighting for the homunculus even if he ended up dying for that.

Karna > all. Siegcucks need not apply

He's quite handsome, confident and determined. Also, she cared for him from the beginning. You could say it was an evolved maternal instinct.

One 10/10 episode with the rest of the show being an incoherent mess. That one episode is still the best thing to come out of this trash franchise.

Nope

Nope
He was going to use the hydra poison to kill archer of black (that's how he died in his myth) but when he switched sides he made antidotes to the poison to fight back assassin of red.

You are correct, i completely forgot what pokemon in a jar he took with him in the first episode.

What happens to Leticia?

The novel kept hyping up Vlad, Achilles and Siegfried as Karna level. Then again, the outcome was too much Karna wanking that left them as basically jobbers by comparison.

Against Vlad and Dracula he had quite the advantage dur to his flame based attacks burning the stakes (even internal ones) and keeping the vampire at bay. It was a four-on-one fight, but I imagine Karna still winning, since he could deal with the mist form unlike other servants.

Achilles is faster than Karna and Vasavi Shakti takes away Karna's armor. If Achilles forces Vasavi Shakti, he can block it and then kill Karna following that with his faster speed. If not, Karna can probably still win due to tanking most of Achilles attacks.

Siegfried got degraded in his summon. While Karna can damage him, it's pointed out all the wounds he caused were shallow until releasing his NPs. Siegfried could fight until Vasavi Shakti would be released, but it's difficult to imagine him being able to win after that alone. Sieg actually did better due to having Galvanism allowing Balmung spam

Frankenstein

Could Karna beat Gil?

She continues living and, following Astolfo's example, starts helping people. She's a very good and kind soul.

Yes.

You posted her.

Gil points put he is pretty powerful, but depends on the conditions. Karna needs a really good master due to his expensive mana consumption

FASTER

Discussing Karna is pointless he whores mana like Gilgamesh if not more. Only reason he got a good showing in anime is endless homunculus mana supply and later HG mana supply.

There is no way he can fight long fights like in Apocrypha.

He actually didn't have the homunculus cheat due to being in the Red team. He did still fight well, but considering his master was chose by the Assossiation he should have been good enough to mantain at least the upkeep. In Foxtail he can't even keep using the spear for long under Jinako

So can anyone explain what the fuck happened during WW2 and why Shirou there?

Shirou was actually used to lead people astray. He is actually Amakusa Shirou Tokisada, an apocryphal catholic japanese saint, who has similar features as Shirou Emiya. In the Third War he touched the grail and due to that, reincarnated.

One of his NPs keeps his youth, so he lived 60 years without aging and while preparing to the war roamed under the sun searching Semiramis' catalyst, which caused his hair to whiten out and his skin to tan.

Regarding the war of Apocrypha: in Fate/Stay Night's timeline, the Einzberns summon Avenger, in Apocrypha they summon Ruler Amakusa Shirou. They used heavy cheating to summon a Ruler as a fighting servant and Shirou wasn't that strong, but he had 2 command spells for each enemy servant, which helped him progress the war. However, due to Butterfly Effect shit, this new timeline one of the masters that was allied with the Nazis got an oportunity to seize and steal the Greater Grail. This in turn caused the system to be revealed to the public and many people started doing their miniature grail wars, which had no success because no one had a good Grail. It's implied Waver fought in a minor one with Iskandar.

Awful waste of resources

Could either of them beat Tesla?

thank you user,i wish the anime woulda explained that instead of wasting scenes with the retrated homu

I liked everything about it minus the sieg dick sucking.

I know Gil has a high mana stat, but where the hell does he get all the mana to keep firing off EA, one of the most powerful NP's, 3-4 times within 2 days of one-another. You'd think it costs a lot to use something so absurdly powerful.

Tell me about Astolfo. How he supplies himself with mana?

But there wasn't any.

Semiramis.

The scenario was a mess, not because the story was like that, but because they made it look like that.

See good episodes like ep22 or ep10. When you focus in the good stuff, you can do good. The Jeanne mindbreak was poorly done, for example.

Anyways, as a TMfag I'm satisfied, because I was able to understand absolutely everything due to my knowledge of the setting and world. The last scene of Jeanne going to the Reverse Side of the World and talking about the layers of the World is pure fanservice, and I love it.

In Stay Night he got revived by the Grail at the end of Zero, so he produces his own mana. Also, in Fate route Kirei used survivors of the disaster of the 4th war for Gil to replenish his mana if needed, which is probably why he always had a lot of mana.

With semen. Like Seiba and the Wormslut.

The link was not broken and it still provides Astolfo with mana.

Will there ever be a Fate series where the servants and masters are equally matched and there isn't an OP servant or two that can curbstomp the rest of them?

So the Yggdmillennia are just gonna let Astolfo walk free after getting Celenike kill?

nice writing fags

New wife material, will even build gardens for you.

The anime skipped a lot of stuff, like the Hydra antidote, Achilles' invulnerabiltiy against Siegfried, Frankenstein's lightning carrying her will, Vlad in Romania potentially matching Hercules in greece etc. The novel isn't much better than the anime, but it at least keeps things better explained in that regard.

Magical energy, not mana. Mana is a different thing.

He entered the grail, right? Didn't he reincarnate due to that?

They removed the parts that made the show "Fate," that's the deal. All that nerd info dump makes things cooler.

Pretty sure she was the type who no one actually liked or cared about, they were probably glad.

In Strange Fake, Fake Caster is the only sercant much weaker than the rest, but he creates copies better than the original so his master armed his entire police force with NPs, making them (and him) humans that can potentially match servants. He did so to face Gilgamesh.

All the other servants revealed so far were pretty fucking OP, including Berserker Jack the Ripper, who incorporated the mystery in itself and is all Jacks at once, and Assassin Zealot, who can use all the 19 Zabanyas

She always behaved like a true cunt, I bet they didn't give a fuck.

Most irrelevant master in years. Arent they all supposed to somewhat competent mages?

Agreed

Except Caules, yes.

the war cucked them so badly that its costing them their best mages and has left them financially ruined, they aren't in a position to do shit

also VN fags, did she ever actually fuck Astolfo or did she just get off on torturing him?

Strange fake is the shittiest Fate work right now. Everybody is so fucking ridiculously OP that nothing matters anymore. It's like Narita realised he will die soon so he's writting random shit with no real value.

I'm not saying it was bad, but they took away the cool Fate stuff. I enjoyed it, and I would've enjoyed it more if they added that stuff. Or I don't know, Shakespeare buying his own books or something like that.

>shittiest Fate
Really? I was liking the manga very much. Could, without spoiling much, tell me why it's like that? I heard people mentioning nobody dies in it

It's pretty good actually, user is just being a faggot as usual.

Yo fate bros, I just finished Apocrypha and still don't know what Shiro was actually wishing for, help me out here. "Materialize the Soul"? The fuck does it even mean? I get making people imortal and making them not good or evil or whatever, but what the fuck was the plan actually supposed to be?

Also, was giving him the false name Shirou Kotomine supposed to be a fake out, or just a reference?

Basically, it's the fanficest fanfic. And what I wrote in what you quoted.

Strange Fake is extremely good so far, don't listen to this bullshit.

He was basically gonna kill everyone technically and start a world of spirits.

He was Shirou Kotomine because after he reincarnated during the Third War, father Risei Kotomine helped him. It's mentioned Kirei Kotomine became his adoptive brother due to that.

Him having the surname Kotomine and a flashback in a city of flames made people believe he was Shirou Emiya having been adopted by a Kotomine instead. Him being so focused in salvation and having similar features to Shirou all distracted everyone from the possibility he was a different person altogether

Utter and irredeemably shit

>The fuck does it even mean?
That's the Third Magic, you secondary pleb fuck. The thing is, the soul rots just like the body.

When your body dies, you lose the container of your soul, so your soul goes back to the Root. So, the only thing keeping you from being immortal is your shit flesh body.

If you materialise your soul, you can stay alive forever just switching bodies (if you like). Because in the soul resides your mind, magical circuits and the "print" of your body, whatever body you take will take your shape. That's what Shirou wanted.

And he's Shirou Kotomine because Kotomine Risei took him in, sp he's Kire's brother.

>If you materialise your soul, you can stay alive forever just switching bodies (if you like)

W-w-where are you gonna get new body? If everyone can capture one another's soul, u gonna end up with some people controlling breeding centers by force and selling new bodies to people.

So if we somehow hypothetically team up fate/ Zero and Stay Night against Black Faction and Red Faction. Which side going is going to win?
>The time and mat preparation are the same from their respective Hgws
>masters of 4th and 5th Hgw vs masters of yggmellinias ,MA and Shirou
>Team battle Vs (servants)
Soloing is countable however both series show team plays, so its better.
>Shirou Vs Sieg
>Kirei Kotomine Vs Shirou Kotomine
>Kiritsugu Emiya vs Kairi Shishigou

You can literally make a new body for yourself from other living beings or puppets made with magecraft. As I said, the print of your body resides in your soul, so it doesn't matter what kind of body you take, it will take YOUR form because that is dictated by the soul.

This is exactly how this is gonna go:

>Gilgamesh sees Hanging Gardens of his Babylon
>Gilgamesh goes there and asks Semiramis who is she and what the fuck
>She says she is the empress of Babylon and gardens are hers
>Gilgamesh is bloodlusted by the attitude of this despicable mongrel stealing his treasure and claiming his title

EA GG.

>He was basically gonna kill everyone technically and start a world of spirits.
That's really wacky assumption even for a non readers. He is literally handing out humanity's ultimate goal, the entire mankind are basically transcending into higher plane of existence,also giving us a possibility to reach things beyond from being a human.

go back to plebbit already

Can teamed up Achilles and Karna take down Gil? And let's just assume they're getting their mana from the grail for the convenience.

>Making threads alive
At least contribute something relevant

I dont know how Achiless would relevant here since he goes even against Archer in melee combat. He had weak as shit showing.

Karna + HG firing full force which is EX+ magic, now we are talking. They can take him down if he decides to not pull EA out of his pants straight away and tank full blast from those 2 like he always does.

If they ever met out outside the war, Semiramis would respectfully bow to Gilgamesh. They almost share identical traits and personality, they also both bring restoration of Babylon from its downfall during their reign.