Which voices do you have in mind when you read manga and doujins

Dub voices? Or nothing at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWYwckFrksg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My voice.

Nice nails faggot.

The japanese voices for the manga are always better.

you read manga in japanese

I always heard Aizen's voice when I read Bleach.

if it's a manga without an adaptation their voices just pop up in my mind, otherwise the voice I'm more familiar with, which is their japanese voice most of the time

They all sound like Sean Connery. Even the doujins.

If it's a manga that has an anime adaptation that I've already seen it's their original Japansee VAs but speaking in English (if that makes any sense).

I use Japanese VAs speaking in English, maybe you're wondering how can anyone do that but once you know their voices very well you can convert them into English easily.
I think I overuse Sugita's voice too much, he has a great narrating voice. I even use his voice while reading books.

I take some famous celebrity who I feel fits the personality of the character, mentally imagine them saying the dialogue, then tweaking the voice according to the mannerisms of the character

I just give everyone a british accent

>how can anyone do that but once you know their voices very well you can convert them into English easily.

hmm..no, I don't think that works.

btw I really enjoy german voice actors. especially females ones. i often use them for voices when I read german manga...

Donald Duck mostly.

the default voice in my head, so my voice

I read it like Morgan Freeman naturally.

>being a pleb that does subvocalization
Enjoy your slower reading times.

nothing at all, I don't read it out loud

so your head is empty

its actually a big thing in japan, who has which voice in mind when reading the source material. big topic of discussion

Well basically I'm translating the comic back in japanese language

I guess it's my way of learning japanese

Usually English VA's since its the language I'm reading in.

That said I do also head canon Japanese voices.

If I like the dub then I'll do that. Otherwise I just make up voices I think are appropriate. Occasionally doing what others said and basically having the Japanese voices, but speaking English.

There's been a few times that gives read the manga for so long and not watching the anime that I've completely forgotten how the dub sounded though.

Johnny Yong Bosch for every young male character and Steve Blum for every older or more mature

Well, it's usually a voice if I watched an adaptation. I usually imagine my own voice for them, though (they usually aren't as cartoony as anime, but not quite "realistic").
It can be weird, though. The heroine of Skip Beat! changes her hair/makeup after the first chapter, and in my head she had a totally different voice.

Off topic, Skip Beat!, a show from 2006 that didn't even get fansubs, recently got dubbed. What a time to be alive.

Real life people speak multiple languages; it's not hard to imagine it, thought hey probably *would* sound a bit different.

Not true, I'm polish and I speak only polish, I tried other languages once and nearly died

Basically voices I invent in my head, I sometimes get upset when the actual anime has voices that are different than I imagined.

I thought I was the only one doing that. Alternatively, if the manga never got adapted I pick a voice actor I like and imagine the character speaking with that voice. I do the same with doujins.

I like to austistically read out loud as if I'm voice acting.

When I read stuff I don't imagine any voice. I just interpret the words and tone and stuff. There are some words I've read countless times but I don't know how I would pronounce them because I've never tried to do so physically or mentally.
I take it this is abnormal?

usually just stock anime voices for whatever stereotype the character is
but often it sounds like the voices in this video do
youtube.com/watch?v=LWYwckFrksg
like this weird kind of murmuring

I don't hear voices, op.

This

all in regular ENG dub voices

Although i like to read itachi's dialogue in a creepy pedo voice.

>not having schizophrenia

People read with voices in their head!?!

It’s really easy, I’m thinking of Android 18’s Japanese voice tones but in English

Doesn’t sound like dub shit it sounds like a natural English voice maybe spoken by a foreign speaker except for maybe the deep gruff male voice

At the end half my sentence collapsed I meant to say it’s all like that except the deep gruff nippon males

This, but every female either sounds like they're voiced by Mayumi Shintani or Satomi Arai in English.

It's not easy, I wish they would shut up sometimes.

my own voice

Everyone sounds like Norio Wakamoto