Dragon Ball Super

Introducing the next major villian which jiren shall be left to.

Other urls found in this thread:

animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/takao-koyamas-thoughts-on-battle-of-gods/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do people put "edition" in their ops when they know that'll get their thread deleted?
talking about 2 other threads that got nuked

Best dad edition

>60 gorillion one piece, HxH, BnHA, and BARUTO threads died for this shit
Fuck off you nigger. Read the goddamn catalog.

Good.

and nothing of value was lost.

something something chads of Sup Forums

Try again

i miss donutman

Do you seriously expect DBSfags to act like not retarded human beings?

R.I.P
rot in piss

Bait threads.

I miss her.

Something like No-Ego Zone as this user said: Akira seems to avoid creating forms that diverge too much from the "iconic" look of the characters nowadays (compare Super Saiyan God and Blue with Super Saiyan 4 or Golden Freeza with Final Form Cooler). No-Ego Zone would've been great and even better if they were somehow capable of using the Kaioken on top of it.

Seriously, the Kaioken itself should've been the earthling "form", Tenshinhan, Chiaotzu and Yamcha all trained a good deal under King Kai and Yamcha could've taught the technique to Kuririn before the arrival of the Androids.

Delete this image

>not knowing by now that shunkan ido and kaioken are goku's special snowflake moves

He's probably pretty bitter deep down inside.

>AT: okay I finally have the androids now, they look great as final villains and there's a female! cool!
>Editor: just a couple of kids
>AT: okay how about this, the creator of the androids himself and a new robot henchmen that not even Trunks knew about!
>Editor: just a geezer and a fat clown
>AT: okay... well... how about this bug monster as a biological experiment?
>Editor: cool!
>AT: finally, now to write this story and-
>Editor: make it transform!
>AT: oh, yeah, I guess I should... oh, this second form is really cool! how about this?
>Editor: it's shit, what the fuck man, it's so fucking ugly
>AT: but I... I really liked this one...
>Editor: no fuck you it's shit hurry up and get rid of it
>AT: ... fine, whatever, he's perfect now (l-laughs)
>Editor: are you okay, Toriyama-sensei?
>AT: yeah, I'm perfectly fine (raffs)
>Editor: good and don't forget that we need a new final villain after the next arc too, we'll tell you how to do the story, don't think about it too much. Maybe something pink and fat.
>AT: sure (rauffs)

Poor bastard. No wonder he lost all motivation.

i thought the whole reason SSG and SSB/gold frieza were just recolors were to signify that the age where 'new powerup new look' was over, and that a higher caliber of training/tier of power doesnt always need them to rapidly change

>Q: How are the two Trunkses different?

A: Weeell, to be perfectly clear, the Trunks from the future and our Trunks are separate people. One of them had just his mother, and could live only a meager existence, while the other was influenced by that father of his, and was brought up in a super-rich household, always getting what he wanted. So their surroundings were completely different. Incidentally, the Trunks from the future has a lot of female fans, but this Trunks is popular with children. It’s a good example of how things like people’s personalities are affected by their surroundings.

>[caption] →A serious personality and a fearless expression. You can see how he would have a lot of female fans.
>[caption] →At almost the same age as the Trunks above. Do the child fans want to be brought up like this?

>Still, unlike regular protagonists, Goku certainly didn’t win the championship.
Yep. It took him until his third try to finally win. Everyone around me was saying “I’m sure Goku will win in the end.” Even though I had wanted him to win, but since I’m perverse, when they said that to me I went “Like I’d let him win!” (laughs)

>While you’re writing a manuscript, do you ever start to say the lines aloud?
I don’t say them aloud, but I’m told that without realizing it, my face takes on the expression of whatever character I’m drawing. (laughs). Both my assistant and my wife tell me that during battle scenes, when a character is making a “guwaa” sort of face, my face also ends up going “guwaa”. (laughs) So afterwards, my whole face is tired. (laughs) I guess it’s because I’m the kind of guy who gets caught up in his own work.

>Q: Out of all your characters, which one is the most (blank)?

>Cool: Goku
“I think it’s Goku.” The always pure strongest in the universe. Goku is #1 after all!
>Gourmet: Satan
“I get the sense that he eats expensively. He’s high-class, but an OK sort.”
>Shy: Piccolo
“I feel that the Namekians are basically a shy race.”
>Fashionable: Trunks
“I thought it’d be Bulma, but once she became an old lady she dresses out of fashion.”
>Mischievous: Kame-Sen’nin
“Of course it’d have to be this guy.” Was his perverseness the deciding factor?

But Kaioken isn't an Earthling form. In technicality, it should be a Kai form but Goku was smart enough to use it somehow. Plus, aside from No-Ego Zone, they do have plenty of buff and tricky transformations just to recap:

>the afformentioned No-Ego Zone
>Balloon Form
>Shapeshifting
>Giant Earthling
>Mood Sneeze
>Max Power
>High Tension
>Four Witches
>Were-Form
>Super Human

>Do you make any use of such fan opinions in the original work?
I do, in the sense of “betraying the fans’ expectations”. For instance, when I got a lot of, “Don’t kill Vegeta,” I deliberately killed him. (laughs)

>With the appearance of Goten and young Trunks, it seems as though the number of gags shown between battle scenes and the like increased.
It’s also a way of “hiding my weakness”. (laughs) If it gets too dramatic, and there are nothing but serious developments, it feels like my own blood pressure will go up, and I personally don’t like it very much. I believe that comics are entirely for entertainment.

>Did you actually practice fusion yourself?
I did! (laughs) With the hand movements, not getting it and going, “like this?”, and muttering to myself “I wonder how many steps it should be”. You’ll understand if you actually try doing the fusion pose, but you really do move about three steps.

>Incidentally, what led you to have Goku become a Super Saiyan, or the villains to level up?
I was feeling that there were limits on mere strength, so I was generally always struggling to come up with something. I actually hadn’t planned Goku’s Super Saiyan transformation at all. Then, when I came up with the idea of the Super Saiyan, in order to show that Goku had gained a massive power-up all at once, I thought “there’s no choice but to change his form, too”. But in terms of design, the facial expressions and such would become like the design for a villain. I felt, “I wonder if it’s really OK for him to be like this.” Granted, since his transformation is accompanied by rage, I also thought, “I suppose that part’s fine.” It was a pretty radical concept. With respect to the villains, my editor would say, for instance, “I don’t like this”, and in those circumstances, I’d change it. (laughs) Before long, “they should transform” became the norm, so that was a pain.

Should I continue where I left off from yesterday?

I finished the 7 main interviews but there was a shitload I hadn't even looked at yet to find more (Laughs) from /ourguy/ Toriyama.

Yeah

>At one point this guy WILL job against a new menace

how does this make you feel user?

it will never happen.

Akira Toriyama: You’re terrible to say that, Torishima-san. Right around then was when the Androids No. 19 and No. 20 appeared. You weren’t my editor or anything anymore, but you specifically called me to say “I thought that the enemies had finally come, but aren’t these just a geezer and a fatso?” (laughs) In truth, I hadn’t had plans for anyone but No. 19 and No. 20 to appear. But there was no helping it, so I brought out No. 17 and No. 18. Then you called me up and said “What, this time it’s just some brats?” So I brought out Cell. (laughs)

Fuyuto Takeda: So you hadn’t planned on Cell appearing at all?

Akira Toriyama: That’s right. I liked No. 19 and No. 20 just fine. And I liked the initial Cell fine as well.

Fuyuto Takeda: The bug-like one?

Akira Toriyama: But Kondō-san said “He looks ugly. Of course, he can transform.”, so I had no choice but to transform him into his second-form.

Yū Kondō: Was that how it was?

Akira Toriyama: And then you were really awful, Kondō-san. “This time he looks like a moron, doesn’t he? Hurry up and make him into his perfect-form.” you said.

Yū Kondō: But he really did look like a moron. (laughs)

Akira Toriyama: With second-form Cell as well, I liked him well enough. Actually, I had wanted him to play a more active role. But since I was told he looked stupid, I had no choice but to change him. (laughs) So I made him into his cool-looking perfect form, which was to Kondō-san‘s liking.

What is No-Ego zone

Where was he when Zamasu went apeshit on ningens and killed all future GoDs? Does he not give a fuck when Black killed Toppo indirectly?

>U7 wins the tournament
>goku gets his super wish
>"Hey whis, can super shenron grant any wish? like undo zen-chan's universe deletion?"
>oh my goku-san, what a terrible thing to ask. zen-oh-sama would be most upset
>"it's fine, i'll handle zen-chan"
>if you insist
>brings back u11 so he can spar with the pride troopers
>zeno is like what the fuck did you do goku, I dont wanna rule over this many universes
>goku can't talk his way out of it
>goku, whis, beerus, and vegeta enter the ROSAT to mega train before el grande padre comes to deliver divine punishment

Never.

Toppo isn't the god of destruction retard.

Is it just me or android 17 role in this arc feels pretty similar to the one Piccolo had during the big part of DBZ?

A reliable mid-high tier fighter with great analytical skills/helpful abilities and who regularly helps Goku and the others when they are in dire situations.

Sheesh, you can see how resentful Toriyama is by reading between the lines.

Don't let his (Laughs) fool you. He only (Laughs) when he's seething with anger.

Poor guy.

Threadly reminder that everyone in U7 remaining in the ToP has jobbed at least once, and you're all retards for promoting one character as a Chad over another

>reposting
has it occurred to you that no one cared about your post?

Could be cool.

Zeno's mad at his ex-friend Goku and tells them all that EGP will come and destroy every universe in one earth week.

Thanks for the post, user! I really care about it

Post your face when 17 outlasts Freeza

It's a new thread and I just wanted to know other people thoughts about it, user.

yall think too much about a childrens cartoon that exists to sell toys

Damn... Are all editors like this? I mean do they have this much power in other big manga like OP?

Nice headcanon.

So, what did 18 saw in Krillin? Does he have the largest human dick on earth?

Depends on the contract.

she has a bald manlet fetish

>Q: How did Kuririn and No. 18 end up getting married?

A: There was a lot that happened during those seven years. For No. 18, Kuririn was a type of person she’d never met before: earnest and straightforward. Little by little, she was drawn in by that. In my mind, their love story is pretty well-established; and with Bulma and Vegeta, as well. However, I would absolutely never draw it in the comic. I mean, it’s really, really embarrassing. I’ll let my friend Masakazu Katsura-kun handle love stories like that.

>[caption] ↑No. 18 can’t hide her vexation at being saved by Kuririn. Is it the start of romance?!
>[caption] ↓Seven years after the scene at right. During that time, a lot must have happened with the two of them.

Man, I wish Dyspo was real

Togashi was told he couldn't follow through on his plans for the final arc of YYH, so he quickly threw together a tournament and ended it.

It's why I think he's kinda given carte blanche for HXH, since Jump screwed him over on his last series.

I feel like Fat Buu was almost his revenge for 19 or something.

He was meditating.

Esto es el fin, Señor Bills.

>But there was a positive response to that one-shot, so it led to Dragon Ball. However, it ended up as an adventure story, rather based around fights like in a kung-fu movie…
I liked adventure more, but it seemed at the time a road manga just wasn’t what people wanted. The setting changes with each chapter. At first I thought it’d be good to continue it for about a year, but it wasn’t very popular.

>After that, due to the Tenka’ichi Budōkai the focus of the series shifted towards battles.
What happened was, it just kept getting less and less popular. Torishima-san was really on my case about it, saying “nobody likes it!” and mean stuff like that. (laughs) From the start I had thought in the back of my mind that since it was a shōnen manga it would be better received if I drew battles, but because I’m perverse I kept sticking with Journey to the West.9 But he really did keep nagging me.

>So you shifted towards battles.
Well, I got tired of him going on and on about the popularity polls all the time. (laughs) Though I was reluctant to do it, the series’ popularity did indeed start to pick up around the Tenka’ichi Budōkai… And despite my reluctance, it still felt pretty good. (laughs)

>Then after that, you returned to the adventure format with the Red Ribbon Army.
I tried to fight it. (laughs) I had Arale-chan make an appearance, and made things comical, and it felt like a struggle. But in the end, I couldn’t even satisfy myself, so I decided to bite the bullet and make it all about the fighting. Once that decision was out of the way, I felt a lot better.

If she was real I would be a lucky man then :(

>There are people on [a/ RIGHT NOW who will continue to watch DBS after the ToP arc concludes.

>With one strong enemy after another attacking, did you have an image of future story developments?
I had figured that my only option was focusing on battles, but it’s not like I thought about how the story would develop next… Even though I was the one drawing it, there were still times when I was like “Wow, Vegeta’s teaming up with them!” Piccolo surprised me too.

>Even though you say you didn’t think about what was next, you were still wonderful at connecting up bits of foreshadowing. Like with the origin of the Artificial Humans, or Goku’s tail being a Saiyan trait.
I kind of liked forcing everything to come together, since that way it made it seem like I had really thought deeply about everything. (laughs) I don’t plan things out right from the start; instead, when I think of how to make the story come together, I basically just go “Hey, I bet I could use that thing.” With characters too, I’m like “Hey, that guy’s still alive… maybe I could use him.” So it ends up seeming as if I’ve been thinking about the story for an incredibly long span of time.

>The different editors you had over the course of the series have also commented that you’re a genius at making things fit together.
That’s the only thing I have any confidence in. Since if I don’t pull that off, things don’t link up and everyone realizes I was just making it up all along. (laughs)

Krillin isn't bald. He shaves his head, but he can still grow hair.

Reminder that 17 is popular, Anit 17fags BTFO

animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34

What's wrong with watching whatever will happen after the ToP arc ?

>How did you feel as you were drawing the final portions of the series?
The Artificial Human and Cell story arc was pretty rough… I guess you could say I did all I could with Freeza, so I was burned out, and figured I couldn’t pull off a better battle than that. I thought, “Do I really have to keep going?” Even when Cell ended, it still didn’t feel like it could end. So before the Boo story arc began, I said “Once this next thing wraps up, I want to end it no matter what.” Because I thought there was no way for any stronger guys to pop up, or for Goku to get any stronger than he already was. So my starting point for the Boo arc was, “This is the end, so I’m going to draw whatever I want!” I always liked dumb gags, so I made things comical, with the Great Saiyaman and Gotenks and whatnot. It wasn’t until immediately before the final chapter that I thought up the ending. I needed something that would signal this truly was the end, so I jumped forward ten years… But I didn’t count on the series continuing in anime form11, so I bet it was really rough on everyone over at the anime company. (laughs)

When the kanzenban came out several years later, I added a bit more to the ending.10 I thought that somehow it just didn’t click. I wanted to make it more clear that Goku’s battles were over, and that a new generation was taking over.

>And now it’s been thirty years since the series began… What’s it like thinking back on it now?
My policy is to try and forget things once they’re over. Since if I don’t discard the old and focus on what’s new, I’ll overload my brain capacity. I still haven’t lived down going, “Who the heck is Tao Pai-pai?” that one time I was talking with Ei’ichiro Oda-kun.12 (laughs) But the fact that there are still people reading the series after all this time… All I can say is; “thank you.” Really, that’s all.

He literally grew his hair out just for 18.

This. He's like Floyd Mayweather.

Noseless manlet fetish*

Of course I do.
I'm fucking tired of tournament arcs.

What if the next arc is a million times better than the ToP arc?

>poll of 500 people
>proves 17 is popular

It's probably the Xicor arc

When was the last tournament arc? U6 vs U7 doesn't count

>U6 vs U7 doesn't count
Why not?

>posting the weakes villain
>even 17 can one shot him now
cellfags BTFO

>I thought there was no way for any stronger guys to pop up

never change Toriyama

>Why did Broli come back three times?
Because he’s the strongest. (laughs) Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who’s stronger than Broli. I mean, even Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans, was trembling in fear. (laughs) I felt that there’s no way that kind of mightiest being would die in a single outing. After all, there were kids who cried at Broli’s overwhelming strength when they saw Burn Up!! at Shueisha’s preview screening. (laughs) It’s always difficult coming up with an enemy for Goku, because I’d constantly have to escalate their strength. So, he ended up appearing three times.

This is true of Broli as well, but Goku & co. are always fighting against “an unbeatable foe”. Goku must win against such an enemy, so he has no choice but to defeat him when his enemy becomes overconfident and creates an opening. There’s absolutely no way he’d be able to win against someone like Broli if he used more orthodox methods.7 (laughs)

>Vegeta got weaker in the movies…?!
In the last of the theatrical works, I purposely brought low Vegeta’s status as the “Prideful Prince of the Saiya”. Because of that, he became a bit of a pitiful Vegeta; I guess I might have done something bad to Vegeta-fans. (laughs) But this is because it was a major premise of the tale that Goku has to win in the end, so perhaps it couldn’t be helped that he would inevitably be contrasted with Goku….

But I believe that, to the same extent, I was really able to depict an image of the everyday Vegeta. The scene where Vegeta, who once went around causing destruction, tells off his foe with, “How dare you destroy someone else’s house?!” shows an unexpected side of him. (laughs)

Are you going to post that every time someone mentions 17?
He lost terribly to Cell but so did almost everyone else

Why are you surprised? People still watch DBS even after the travesty that was the Zamusu arc.

wasn't here for the weekend, episode when?

That was Goku Black.

And that's not hard to happen.

>Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who’s stronger than Broli.

Honestly, the "edition" shit was funny when it started, but now it's stale as all hell

17 is stupid so he'll just get absorbed again

Freeza used to be the strongest in the universe. Think about that. They will find a way to make him job to something stronger.

17fags are getting annoying, not even a powerlevelfag.

this saturday maybe?

yeah zamasu arc was terrible, i felt like i was watching a bad crossover between mirai nikki and death note; but it's called giving it another chance, and it paid off

real talk, is this why he interrupted the magical girls tranformation?
literally only future trunks tried to do that before

This.

17fags make one or two appearances each thread, they aren't nearly as annoying as caulifags or gohanspics

Says Broly's creator who was super butthurt over Beerus.

kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/takao-koyamas-thoughts-on-battle-of-gods/

This arc is fucking awful though.

I'm sorry, Frieza. I couldn't save you in time.

I didn't compare them retard. Characterfagging isn't acceptable.

Well Oda's editor did force him to include the supernovas like Kidd and Law so I believe they shit on all mangas original content

it might be the animation that is selling it for me, but it's a big jump from where it began. of course there is a shitload of lost potential for every single character (I'm still mourning Hit; and I'm not happy with how they handled Tien)
but we've finally gotten to the core of the plot (muh big fight) and they're doing a decent job at hyping us

Is there a reason why Goku and Vegeta don't immediately begin their battles in Blue other than marketability and keeping the episodes as drawn out as possible?

So, Toriyama wanted more adventure stories? now I know why he didn't dislike GT.

The writing is as shit as it has always been and Toei dragged this out for so long that all the hype is gone. At this point I'm just waiting until March when the mess will end.