I recently tried to get into Shoujo and noticed that rape seems to be some sort of über-trope in it...

I recently tried to get into Shoujo and noticed that rape seems to be some sort of über-trope in it. How did it come to this? I thought they are mainly aimed at girls who selfinsert into the MC or not? It's kinda weird.

Especially how it's often done by some sort of sub-love interest, like what?

The idea of a man who loves you even after youve been "damaged" is a very attractive notion to women, see bitter virgin.

I guess damaged/impure is the female version of the loser beta MC.

Supposedly, "rape" fantasies are extremely common among women.

Though I guess you really can't call it rape in that case; it's more of a good-looking-guy-penetrates-me-forcefully-without-my-approval-but-in-the-end-I-cum-anyway situation

You guys are fucking sick.

...?

Rape is the ultimate fantasy for women.

Girls think it's hot
Also, read better shoujo, seems you've been wading through the smut trash-pile

>You guys are fucking sick.

Maybe so, but are women really any different?

50 Shades of Gray was a best-seller, after all.

One thing to remember about all such statistics is that people consistently underreport taboo subjects - like fantasies of incest, being raped, sex with animals or minors, etc - even in anonymous surveys.

Bitter Virgin is a Seinen

This.
I bet you're one of those people who think girls don't fart.

this

There is this one series, I think it was CrossXCrime or CrossXPunishment, where the mc is raped by a guy who's supposed to be a friend of her boyfriend, who is doing it out of jealousy. She then ends up falling in love with him, he gets a sob story that's supposed to make us forget he's a rapist, they end up together.
The author is a woman.

>I thought they are mainly aimed at girls who selfinsert into the MC or not?
Exactly. So it's easy to relate.

you mean in smut series, right? Most shoujos don't even imply sex. It's a trope also common in BL.

>Most shoujos don't even imply sex

Isn't it still a lot more common than in shounen, though?

Women fear responsibility.
Getting raped means doing "dirty things" without feeling guilty.

Don't you get it, the guy is so crazy about you that he can't control himself and can't help but force himself on you. That's why girls like it, it makes them feel wanted and MC-chan doesn't actually hate it anyway.

This.

Rape is a common female fantasy. It's like how I fantasize about a woman shitting in my mouth. I know that realistically it probably wouldn't be pleasant, but it's exciting to imagine.

Why do you think your worthless opinion mean anything, shit eater?

There are countless Shoujo involving rape (often depicted as a positive thing). Calling them Smut and pretending they are detached from Shoujo as a whole won't change that, because surprise surprise, they are shoujo.

It's very hard for a fangirl to admit there was even rape. Fangirls always make excuses of why it wasn't really rape. Only the few men reading shoujo and even fewer hardcore feminists call it rape

>ITT: Anons find out how women feel about haremshit
At least shoujo is kinda niche but haremshit is everywhere. No wonder why many female otakus turn into tumblrinas or leave for K-dramas, a medium that pander to women's masochistic fantasies

There are two kinds of rape in shoujo. The first one is the equivalent of a guy having a fantasy of waking up tied to a bed with a cute girl riding him - it doesn't even need to be explain, everyone has had this fantasy at one point.

The other kind of rape you see in shoujo is the more realistic kind: faceless men, or the girl is tricked by someone, or it's just backstory so you don't even see it. I'm not sure what the rape statistics for women are these days, but it's a very real fear most girls grow up with - think of all the women who don't want to walk around alone at night in a safe neighbourhood, or who cross the street if they see a guy walking towards them at night in a deserted place. Whether it's real or imagined, it's something that is very often on a girl's mind so naturally female authors would integrate it into their story.

They still tend on the most part to be restricted to the trashiest of shoujo romance, there are countless quality shoujo manga that wouldnt approach the topic with a 10 foot pole
And yes smut is a different thing altogether involving more graphic sex than what you would get in actual shoujo, the same way seinen and shounen can be separated based on how graphic the violence gets. You got romance shoujos where they have sex once or twice at key points in the story, and most of it is suggestive stuff that barely shows anything happening, and then you have "romance" shoujo where the sex is at the center of the narrative and occurs almost every chapter
Basically comparing Futari H and Love Hina

>I recently tried to get into Shoujo

Are there shoujos which aren't purely romance? Or at the very least not high school romance, or is that just a given for the genre?

I'm more fascinated about stories with broken women coming to understand and love equally broken men in a very unusual relationship, though I suppose I might be looking into the wrong genre.

its all over in female sci fi ive noticed.

Yes. Angel Sanctuary, God Child, Akatsuki no Yona, Skip Beat and Cantarella are the first ones that jump to my mind.

Angel Sanctuary is especially interesting if you're looking for unusual relationships. It starts out as a highschool incest romance but becomes an action/adventure inspired partly by Dante's Divine Comedy and partly by Shin Megami Tensei after 3 volumes.

Josei actually. Those tend to be even more rapey than shoujo

There are plenty
Highschool romance is very popular, but that applies to shounen too. There's a bunch of fantasy and paranormal stuff notably
Most shoujo romance male leads are broken like you're looking for, like that's the most basic of basic trope that the dark love interest dude will have an equally dark past that made him the cold asshole he is now, with the female MC there to heal him through her love
but if you want both parties to be broken you'll probably have better luck reading josei

But what is when they transform the "bad guys" into their new husbands?

ore monogatari is the only good shoujo

that's Shoujo 101

Strange. Stories targeted at girls have cruel, narcissistic, arrogant rapists as love interests. Stories targeted at boys typically have timid & gentle girls as love interests. It’s almost like there’s two different genders or something.

Stop browsing the smut tag user.

I’m just saying. 13% of rape victims cum during the forced sex.

>self-reported.
If the guy is a decent lover, it's pretty much 100%

Shamelessly asking for shoujo recs

>Angry, abusive she-harpies as love interests in shounen alongside the sweet ones
>New 10s shoujo has a lot of vanilla romance
How much air is in that vacuum of yours

Any proof? I often hear this, but don’t see anything connected to it.

because you are ignorant as a rock

that's something you can easily google my dude

You're just reading soap operas.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, My Little Monster, Ore Monogatari, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Akatsuki no Yona, Kare Kano, Fruits Basket

Would Gokusen count?

Are you confusing shoujo manga for josei manga? The latter is normally aimed at slightly older women

There was a rec chart in the last thread, dig through the archives.

Josei

>Kare Kano
Still the best manga-to-anime adaptation of all time

You can find rapey stuff in shojo too user.
Like that time the heroine in Skip Beat starts working with a guy who tries to rape her. There is also the love interest in Kaichou was Maid sama who mocks the MC for playing the strong and independent woman by bluffing a rape attempt, as a mean to give a wake up call like "REMEMBER YOU'RE A WOMAN AKA A WEAK LITTLE THING???? DON'T PLAY THE HERO" Which also happened in Ouran High School Host Club. It's all rather gross.