Asspulls in Anime

Outside of Pell in One Piece & O MY RUBBER NEN, what are the biggest asspulls in anime/manga?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i1YcJkYBAxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's another asspull in hxh that's worse. Wether rubber nen is an asspull is debatable anyway.

oh my amensia

O MY TOE SPINNING from Ippo

Could I get some context on Rubber Nen? I'm not going to continue to read that shit just to figure it out.

O MY KOTOAMATSUKAMI

Killua's transgender "make a wish foundation" sister & Gon turning into a magical adult definitely comes to mind

Hisoka uses it to bring himself back to life.

Nanika's free wish is the only asspull in Hunter x Hunter, feel free to prove me wrong.

O MY EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE NOT SSB ABILITY

O MY ABILITY TO MERGE WITH THE UNIVERSE DESPITE MY BODY BEING DESTROYED

O MY INFINITE CLONES

O MY ULTRA INSTINCT

People always state the wrong part of rubber nen is the asspull. How he used nen was setup in arc 2-3 and was completely foreshadowed. The asspull was that someone as professional as Chrollo didn't chop his head off to be absolutely certain a known trickster was dead.

Tokyo Ghoul is asspull after asspull recently. It's completely retarded

Luffy surviving Crocodile
Guts surviving the ecplise (Maybe Miura writes it so that Griffith could not fully sacrifice him, cause he is gay for Guts long sword but.. i doubt he will do it)
About 15 Bleach fights? *But they are Death-Gods yadayada.. fuck off.

Gold Experience Requiem

O MY FINAL FORM

O MY ANISOTROPIC DAUGHTER, no contest.

What?

>alien comes to earth
>give manking gifts like infinite electricity and admin rights on the universe
>alien learns love, becomes yandere and evil
>want to upconvert the ningen and bring them on his planet no matter what, even though 99,999% will die in the process
>we're tricked into believing the MC has a plan
>he actually dies like a little shit and the omnipotent alien is effortlessly killed by the 16 years old hybrid alien/human daughter he had in the span of a week and made his best friend raise in a pocket hyperbolic time chamber dimension
I don't think anything, much less anything mentioned in this thread, will ever top this.

TTGL is one large asspull.

In Naruto Kaguya coming back to life was the biggest asspull, like saying "fuck you" to the reader who stick to the series for like 16 years, but what really bothered me was how Black Zetsu was able to take over Madara's body by just stabbing him while just shortly before he couldn't even control a dying Obito.

Is it cheating if I use Bleach?

Yes.
But you can try.

When is Pell coming back anyway? I hope he's travelling with Vivi to the Reverie

>gon san
>o my rubber nen
>asspulls
Fucking speedreaders. The asspull is Hisoka not dying from brain damage, the revival is completley fine.
Gon san is also legit like holy shit read the fucking manga anime only cunts

"I am actually actually the Soul KIng's heart and literally invincible" - the guy who got killed in one hit by a guy with a really sharp sword until his boss bailed him out earlier

"The Aizen that's been dominating the captains in battle was actually Momo the whole time"

"The Soul King's dead? I guess now's a good time to mention that I had a piece of the Soul King inside of me the whole time and it can solve this exact problem"

I could go on, but those are the ones that stuck out the most.

Made in abyss where children can survive down there

I think he did cut open Hisoka's neck, but Hisoka made Machi promise to sew him back up afterwards

Yhwach absorbing the king of existence the Soul King.

How about the fucking end of RahXephon?

O MY AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SAME STAND?

that's not an asspull. The abyss is a hostile environment, but the reason they don't send most children down there is because coming back up is the real danger.

Even as deep as the second layer just moving up a few feet is enough make a person violently ill, making them unable to escape a threat or fight back.

As a result, going there is safe as long as you don't try to come back

Gon's transformation is fine, but Killua's sister isn't. We knew that vows and costs could improve your nen, so Gon putting his life on the line and giving up everything for a big boost seemed just fine to me. That should have been a way to kill his character, with Killua meeting Ging at the chairman vote and talking to him about Gon during.

>Luffy surviving Crocodile
I came here to post this. God Croco is still the best villain in OP and him being weak to water was an asspull too.

>Guts surviving the eclipse
Nigger do you know what a flashback is?

him being weak to water isn't an asspull. that's a classic type disadvantage

Pell doesn't even count as one because a) his survival didn't affect the plot at all and b) it wasn't done because there were no other options, it was just done because the author felt like it.

Luffy's other older brother that no one mentioned until that point who was alive and just had amnesia.

Natural weaknesses for Logia users is the only thing keeping them from being OP up until the timeskip. Luffy surviving his first encounter is dumb, but come on.

How about Obito's spirit, after death, lingering long enough to give Kakashi both of his Sharingan eyes? I thought that was worse. CyberConnect2 must have agreed, since they rewrote the scene in Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 to have Obito give Kakashi his eyes BEFORE his death.

Aside from the crossed out S on Ace's arm, there was nothing foreshadowing him at all. They could have mentioned him at least once before when Ace and Luffy met, or when Luffy was trying to save Ace, and it wouldn't have been as bad.

Yeah, being weak to water was obviously a planned part of his power. Otherwise Oda wouldn't have been willing to put that character in that part of the story. Like how Enel wouldn't have appeared in the story unless Luffy had rubber powers.

Well during the first flashbacks of just Luffy and Ace there is actually a third sake cup shadow when they toast and become brothers. So I guess that is a bit of foreshadowing.

Can't believe no one posted this yet

So Kakashi has permanent sharingan in the game?

Well, yes and no. There's an unlockable skin of Kakashi in his Hokage outfit wherein, despite it being post-canon where the eyes have worn off, he can still unlock all of his Sharingan-derived powers, right up to the complete Susano-o. Likely just laziness/developer oversight though.

Is she doing what i think she is doing?

Asscalibur

Gerard didn't hit invincibility status until Yhwach's Auswhalen gave him a massive powerup. Nor was he even using his Vollstandig in that fight.

Aizen's power is complete hypnosis, the reality of that fight was likely far different than what was portrayed on panel. The real question is why Ichigo waited for Momo to be stabbed before saying anything, but you're supposed to get the impression that it happened in the blink of an eye, which if you watched the anime then it gives the opposite impression.

Mimisaka was an asspull but it was among the least offensive, particularly in the final arc.

For the most absurd you should be looking more at IceShota's retarded powerup against Gerard, Ryuuken's fucking magic plot saving silver arrow, or literally anything about Yhwach.

Sabo?

That had a 10 year cooldown tho, and it was supposed to be used on Sasuke. That's not an asspull.

Madara Uchiha was asspull after asspull.

He shouldn't have gotten Wood Release, or Hashirama's sage mode.

The last part of shippuden was a shitfest. Powerup after powerup, inconsistencies and the story went in circles when he didn't know how to continue after the last aspull. Madara died like a bitch.

>Gerard didn't hit invincibility status until Yhwach's Auswhalen gave him a massive powerup. Nor was he even using his Vollstandig in that fight.

Gerard was singled out as one of Sternritter that already had an OP ability not granted by Yhawch (the other being Pernida). The invincibility was outright stated to be one of his core abilities. The only thing Yhwach's Auswhalen gave him were some weapons and armor.

His powers that got retroactively added made no sense considering how easily he went down to such a basic attack.

Nen is the power system in HxH, in rare instances powers can continue working after death if the user had some kind of strong emotion or grudge when they die. Ignoring all that shit about it being rare and occurring as result of some kind of grudge or strong emotion Hisoka just literally tells his nen to keep going after he dies and to restart his heart in order to resurrect him. This happens at the end of some dumb fight he picked for shits and giggles, and it actually fucking works, conveniently after his opponent is no longer around to just kill him again.

Madara lived by the asspull and died by the asspull.

you are like a little baby

>"I DEMAND EXPLANATION OF EVERYTHING LIKE IM 5 YEAR OLD XD"

lol

This is true but people should take into account that Pell has a fucking falcon zoan of all things.

So take a bird that can dive at speeds of well over 200 mph irl and apply some shounen logic plus the force of an explosion at his back and he's daijoubu. Not that it fucking matters anyway.

I honestly feel like we missed 4 arcs in Toriko and they rushed to GOD. There were so many plot-threads post-timeskip related to the nature of the world and its civilizations, but once we got to NEWS it all seemed to skip to the end.

I do appreciate though that the ending attempted to give as much info as possible and not fall into the trend of timeskip and kids that Naruto and Bleach had done.

Not really considering one of Yhwach's signature powers is power manipulation. It's pretty obvious that he transferred power from the Schutzstaffel to the main invading force and then took it back when they were no longer needed. Being the Heart and Hand of the Soul King doesn't make them exempt from Yhwach's control, we even see that when he subjugates Mimihagi.

O MY LIGHTNING NEN

Holy shit, you're right. How the fuck did everyone forget about Alluka (female (has a pussy)) exactly as soon as the rubber nen happened? I remember the shitposting about her (girl) being endless.

Arslan last episode
>O MY NATURE SPIRIT ARROW IMMUNITY

>I honestly feel like we missed 4 arcs in Toriko and they rushed to GOD

Because they literally just skipped 4 arcs. ATOM, EARTH, NEWS and CENTER were captured offscreen and we know little about them.

Because everything about O MY RUBBER NEN was built to become a meme where Alluka was just an offensive aspect of the story.

This is Hack.

Half of Bleach.

>Not that it fucking matters anyway.

No. It's a shame. Pell's death would have been remembered as one of the most emotional moments in anime. Instead he became a vaguely forgettable joke.

Does choking count as an asspull?

Sounds like what Enel did after getting hit by Wiper's Reject.

Every fight in Star Driver.

>he thinks guts survived the eclipse

>I honestly feel like we missed 4 arcs in Toriko
We did, the series got axed and he was forced to finish it as quickly as possible.

That was the point of Star Driver

JoJo has many, but this was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=i1YcJkYBAxQ

O MY POT OF GREED
O MY HEART OF THE CARD
/thread

O MY STAR PLATINUM THE WORLD BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BEAT DIO SO IT'LL JUST FADE INTO THE BACKGROUND BECAUSE NO TRAINING THOUGH IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE MOST POWERFUL SHIT EVER

O MY I GAVE FUGO A STAND THAT WAS TOO OP SO NOW HE'S A COWARD

O MY GOHAN WHO HASN'T BEEN KEEPING UP

O MY DARK SAGE

O MY SPIRIT SWORD

There has been zero foreshadowing of being able to control how nen reacts to death. Literally all we've been informed considering nen and death is that nen made with strong emotion can surge on the owner's death and there was only real caution because Chrollo did not have nen to defend himself with.

Xenoverse 2 somehow made that work with their fix to it (Fueled by an infinite number of timelines coming fron the distortion created by Black's scythe instead of just a small number of humans and Goku/Vegeta)

Can some one explain to me the rubber nen thing? I know about that character coming back to life issue, but the how has me confused.

Yeah this

The gohan part is understandable

The ending to Cheeky Angel. It also works as a a secret double reverse asspull because literally the only way the plot makes sense is if the asspull is itself a lie.
>trusting clown genies
>ever

Biggest asspull in Yugioh will forever be Kaiba just straight hacking the duel between Yugi and fake Kaiba to let Yugi win.

Guts is protected by causality. He'll die eventually, but not until it's his time.

Kaiba threatening to kill himself if Yugi didn't let him win is also up there.

Yes

O MY KNUCKLE TWIST

The difference is that Enel getting hit and then getting up happened in the same chapter, and it didn't really change the outcome. They kept fighting afterwards, so they could have just written him dodging the attack instead and it wouldn't have changed anything.

While Hisoka's revival allowed him to escape from Chrollo because Chrollo didn't check hard enough.

In the original manga there was no hacking, Blue-Eyes just an hero'd itself when Kaiba woke up from his mind crush.
The funny thing is this is more believable than the anime's hacking bullshit because Blue-Eyes did the same shit during its very first appearance in the manga.

How does that possibly fit under that heading? It's just a strategy.

Everything that has to do with this faggot is just one huge asspull.

O MY REWIND QUIRK
O MY 100000%
O MY OFA GHOSTS
And: the two you mentioned arent asspulls.

It's a stretch but still acceptable since we never have seen his whole repertoire of feats and he never had the need to use it before.
Escannors inner sun on the other hand was bullshit.

O MY BARGAIN SALE