Which sequel ruined the franchise for you?

I rarely see people talk about which sequel ruined a franchise so let's have a thread about it.

2015, 2016 and 2017 have been a complete disaster for any true Digimon fan with the show "Digimon Adventure Tri".

Other urls found in this thread:

withthewill.net/threads/19021-Konaka-Tweeting-Unofficially-as-Yamaki-Plus-an-Updated-Konaka-Website
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tamers.
Kind of stopped after 02.
Didn't watch Tamers because I wasn't interested in a new series with new characters.
Saw it like 10 years later as an adult.
It's now my favorite part vOv

but that means a sequel made the franchise even better for you, and i agree, tamers is a pretty good season. it's a shame adventure tri ruined the first digimon season... oh well, did you know a new season of tamers is coming out?

>did you know a new season of tamers is coming out?
Not user you replied to but please elaborate

>vOv
Fuck off.

withthewill.net/threads/19021-Konaka-Tweeting-Unofficially-as-Yamaki-Plus-an-Updated-Konaka-Website

also they're selling Digimon Tamers merchandises again

Haven't seen Tri. What's the problem with it?

confusing plot, terrible narrative, lack of answers, omnimon and alphamon is losing to a virus digimon because it's "angry" and much more

The last Digimon I enjoyed a bit was Frontiers. I think I wated an arc or two of Savers, but it wasn't enjoyable to me.

Considering the last two anime projects Konaka announced never happened, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Somehow in the time between Adventure and Tri every digidestined forgot every lesson they learned, every trial they overcame, and every friendship they made while they were kids. So much of the plot is about them trying to become close again as adolescents which makes no fucking sense since "being true to your friends" and "believing in yourself and in others" were core lessons in Adventure. They're all moody whiners that seem nothing like people who have fought together to save the world.

Tri is written as if they wanted all of them to go through a problem related to their crest, but it just feels hollow because they had to solve those problems and understand what the crest meant to them as a person when they were all 10 years old, so to have them all appear weak, nervous, and unwilling is just a kick in the balls for fans.

They can usually be resumed with nothing happens, then they have the same chat about frienship as the last movie and a short fight at the end
And evolution sequence being cheap and long

Meant for

Im too old for that shit.

Then what you do in Sup Forums?

Dragon Ball GT

>tfw loved 02 and didn't care much about Tamer

maybe my taste would change if I rewatched both

Never really had a franchise to ruin

only surefire darlings is Adventure and Tamers. Maybe if you squint hard enough you'll find fans of 02, Frontier, and Savers but Digimon will always be known as the Pokemon rip off even though it's a tomogachi rip off

I'm not even mad for the weak script, the PV got me hyped as fuck with the animation and the effects but in truth it was a shitshow. The whole anime industry working on a two cour series computed as movie because poor planning and overly tight scheduling thanks to dumb producers.
I didn't even see the last two episodes because of the lackluster animation.
For christ sake Toei, get good producers.

eureka seven ao

Frontier wasn't that bad, at least the message was nice.

>confusing plot

Bot really. The obly thing I thought took some actual paying attention to is why Alphamon was fighting Hackmon in the most recent episode. For the longest timr it looked like thwy were on the same side then they just go at it.

Past that its just some damn digicat being a trigger for the destruction of everything

I loved the Dark Warriors

>it focuses waaaaaay to much in the adults doing their analysis and explaining the plot so the kids get barely any screentime (the digimons get almost zero, heck tai's teacher could easily be the main character with all the focus he gets.

>zero direction in the plot, "the world is ending so what should we do to help? dunno let just stand still and wait for the enemies to appear or the adults to tell us what to do".

>barely any fights, either is just a kuwagamon (the very first weak enemy they fight) or they just wait until the last episode of the fours to throw a fight against an enemy that is going to end in a draw.

>mei being so fucking useless, in each movie she is depressed, then the kids console her, then something bad happens to meikomoon making her depressed again, rinse and repeat in each movie.

>everyone is flanderized as hell, the worst being izzy/kouchiro (100% autistic) and agumon.

No longer canon, whole series has been rebooted

This, it also ruined by anything after it.