Are Code Geass and Gurren Lagann the Big 2 of Sup Forums...

Are Code Geass and Gurren Lagann the Big 2 of Sup Forums? It feels like nothing ever came close to the hype they had during their airtime instead anime on Sup Forums nowadays have like one or two episodes were the board goes crazy (e.g. re:zero's "I love Emilia", thought retrospectively it wasn't that intense either.). Kill la Kill had shit ton of threads and hype every episode too, but it didn't feel quite the same as these two.

Or could it be that the amount of anime and anons now is so high that we won't find common ground ever again? For example the contrarian "position" seems to have moved from anti-"whatever airs on non-jap television" to anti-"anything popular".

I like both of these two animes, I also like the original Fullmetal Alchemist series it was better than Brotherhood.

I don't care what Sup Forums says these days, I'll always love these two shows.

>comparing overated shit to Code Geass
Newfag detected.

FOTM is always popular but I think those two really spilled over into other boards, I have to say Haruhi and Nichijou/Nichibros might have more lasting appeal though.

Those and maybe Haruhi.

TTGL is much better than CG.

It's the big 3, you forgot Valverave

wew it actually worked

>Nichijou/Nichibros
What the fuck? Is this your personal taste, or do you seriously think Nichibros has anywhere near the popularity of Code Geass, on Sup Forums or anywhere else?

I never see Nichibros brought up outside of Sup Forums, and even here it's viewers dwindle.
But I remember when it and Durarara were memed for being Sup Forums anime.

They were called that because they reflected the site in some ways (Nichibros with the behavior/humor, DRRR with the Dollars stuff and Mikado being moot and all that), not because they were ever the defining series of the site or board.

>Gurren Lagann
Aren't you forgetting the equally shitposted anime that aired alongside GL?

A lot of the shit you could post back in the day bans you nowadays and "directs" you to Sup Forums or /bant/, also now the frontpage "cannot" be spammed with countless threads of the same anime, for better or for worst that made the current state of Sup Forums

This. Endless Eight absolutely took over the board just like Geass and row row did.

>Or could it be that the amount of anime and anons now is so high that we won't find common ground ever again?

Probably this.

I can't wait for Code Geass to be completely all over Sup Forums when R3 starts airing

You'll be disappointed.

it won't be. too many contrarians now

t. has spent under a year on Sup Forums

Code Geass was pretty much the peak of Sup Forums. I don't think we'll ever again see an anime with the same combination of omnipandering, crazy cliffhangers, and entertainingly stupid writing that made Code Geass so fun. Even if there was, the board culture is completely different. If people start making a bunch of threads on one anime, they'll just be forced to make a general.

Wont be. Most will be calling it a poorly written trainwreck though

>big 2
>he doesn't know the last 2 episodes of Madoka completetly flooded Sup Forums with threads from page 1-10
How fucking new are you?

It will be, though. The announcement pretty much proved that.