Character does something embarrassing

>character does something embarrassing
>pause anime and browse Sup Forums for 20 minutes
How do you guys deal with this? Am I the only one who has this problem?

Watch anime that doesn't insult your intelligence

>anime
>smart

pick one

Lurk more

Sup Forums is not your fucking blog. Stop making this thread.

Oddly enough, OP, you're not alone in this. I have the same problem. Though it usually doesn't take 20 minutes for me to get through it. Hang in there.

first time making this thread sorry

watching on 2.0x speed or 1.5x speed helps. i usually just close my eyes or skip forward 5 seconds if nonsense ensues

faggot it's just fucking chink cartoons
watch through it and laugh at them characters because you are better.

Nothing gets me anymore. I'm already way too autistic IRL and have committed many unspeakable atrocities.

most autistic thing I've read all day

Fuck, I thought I was alone in this. I just pause the shit for a few seconds if it's too much.

This is probably the stupidest overdone thread on Sup Forums because the subject matter is completely retarded and stupid and the people making the threads are actually fucking serious.

Fremdschämen is a real thing and happens to me all the time while watching anime, I mostly just pause the scene and hide under my blanket for a minute or two

Subbed to everyone here. Quality blog!

Thanks so much!

I resolve this by doing squats(or really any kind of work out you can do while watching animu) while watching anime, helps release that weird mixed of second hand embarrassment and this weird sense of anxiety I feel(it also helps me get through some other kinds of feels when watching animu). Helped me get through and enjoy konosuba, so it might work for you

Did that a lot with watamote.

It's not just anime. Anytime a character is about to something incredibly stupid and socially awkward in a movie, book, or TV show I just want to stop watching it.

It's simple really, I deal with it by not being autistic and not getting second-hand embarrassment. I mean, I just saw your thread and I didn't need to walk in circles until the hazukashii wore off so I'm good.

I'm not autistic.

I have a similar problem, but mine is usually caring too much about unfair shit happening, or everyone acting retarded in the show.

>This guy who always does shit
>Just ruined the life of another person, and they were shown prior to be really nice
>Nobody seems to catch on, or stop it on time, or takes the stupid route in how to deal with it

I stop and start imagining scenarios where the guy dies a brutal death.

Just read a bunch of poorly translated web novels son, you get immune to anything after that.

I start the show and then toss my keyboard across the room with MPC set to autoplay next.

>still haven't finished watamote because of this

I'm going to accuse you of being a normie who gets secondhand embarrassment from watching weird anime tropes. I had that sort of problem.

if you weren't a normie you would already be so immersed into anime autism and not feel the need to pause everytime something weird happens

This could be me, but I just discover Sup Forums :3

You either rage for that character for 20-60secs and watch the goddamn show (me)

or

You leave it hanging like what this guy does

You aren’t alone, user. I did this while watching higashi no eden today. Horrible times

That's how I used to feel watching Rugrats. I wanted to jump in the TV and strangle Angelica.

I very occasionally feel secondhand embarrassment when watching live action stuff, but how autistic do you have to be that you actually have to pause anime?

It's an anime discussion board, you ginormous faggot. If OP has an anime-related question, it's appropriate for Sup Forums, period.

>Fremdschämen
I never knew there was a term for this, thanks!

I wonder if secondhand embarrassment is worse if you're socially awkward and would have no way to deal with it irl while people with more confidence would find a way to laugh about themselves.

I managed to overcome Spanish shame over the years. Now I just power it through.

This. This so, so, so very much. I get way too riled up by injustice and unfair treatment in my animus

This isn't a blogpost.

>do something embarrassing on Sup Forums
>stop posting and watch anime for 20+ minutes
I hope I'm not the only one who do this

>anime reminds you of how alone you are

REMEMBER THAT ANIME WITH THE GUY THAT PLAYED THE GUITAR IN FRONT OF HIS CLASS?
OH BOY

This nigga gets it. Stop watching shit. Helped me.
Watching a 20 minute episode for 1h was annoying.

>character does something embarassing
>pause anime and walk about for a minute or two

>stop posting and watch anime
Nowadays, this is increasingly rare.

>post something embarrassing on Sup Forums
>start watching anime
>pause every 5 minutes to check for (You)s

Why use the German word instead of second hand embarrassment?

This. I had to stop watching Rashomon when the bandit started to act spastic

>character does something

>Am I the only one who has this problem?
Apparently a lot of people here do this, but I just cannot see how people get so worked up about a character doing something embarrassing that they have to stop watching for a while.

>watch anime

>make a loud screeching noise irl

>think it's cute and squeal a bit inside
I'm one of the lucky ones

>laugh at the cartoon after realizing that is a situation some 40 year old japanese man thought of as a joke to write in the script
>close my gogoanime edge window
Life's good when you aren't autistic.

>character looks directly at the screen
>I look away
I hate my autism sometimes

It takes me about a minute or two after thinking of various ways to understand his/her logic and comprehension of the scenario. I only really feel it during awkward speech scenes and bumbled confessions with obvious outcomes.

When that happens I bury my face in a pillow.

Just social anxiety mixed with a lack of emotional conditioning. Just need to get out more.

I did this multiple times watching Love Live Sunshine S2

>character does something erotic
>pause anime and masturbate
I know I should stop watching ecchishit but it keeps dragging me back in.

and I thought I was the only one

>watching on 2.0x speed or 1.5x speed
You guys don't actually do this, right?

>animefeet appears on screen
>have to close eyes and do breathing exercises

what if i'm really not?

I hope for you this doesn't really happen.

Just power through it.

>start watching anime
>pause to browse Sup Forums
>gets immersed shitposting on phone
>computer enters sleep mode
>realize time, go to bed

Every fucking time

just stick to the manga and skip to the field trip

its called empathy idiots and yes its common to feel it for characters even if they aren't real (The Office literally had an entire character created based on making you feel embarrassed for him), NOT feeling empathy is a common trait of autism so that speaks loads about there

Using English terms is so 0815

Yes this exact thing happens to me. Usually I need to get up and power walk around my house a few times to calm myself, then I go back and continue watching/reading.

Jesus Christ, user.

Are you telling me no one else does this?

This with the cousin episode.

Why would anyone call this autism? Autistic people can't pick up social cues and therefore wouldn't even notice when someone does something embarrassing. It's the exact opposite of autism.

Yeah I just click out of the tab for a second and forget about it then click back. I don't know why but it really helps get through some of the more awkward scenes of anime. Which there are far too fucking many of

God damn it am I actually autistic now? I think I might be. This was supposed to be a meme.

>second hand embarrassment from fictional character is empathy
I prefer to call it mental illmess. getting embarrassed when a friend is doing stupid shit in public is one thing. Getting embarrassed over a third party completely unrelated to you doing stupid things (in this case, fictional, even), is definitely not the correct mental response. Anyone experiencing this to the point of having to cease activities might want to get themselves checked.

Let me guess. This tends to happen to anons with a somewhat high social anxiety.

I remember being underage too once.

this. fuck.

Anime looks way smoother that way. Dunno man.

I do it when I'm watching an anime that I don't like but I feel like I have to watch it because it's super popular

>post something embarrassing on Sup Forums
>close tab and watch anime for 20 minutes

n-no

Was this image his yearly one? Or did he do his new year gym one? I cba looking for it.

>watching anime at 2x speed
I thought this was a meme

The only show that's ever done this to me is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Who, Dwight?

This thread has really cute anons
I want to tease you all then take responsibility

I get embarrassed when some highschool tropes come up, and it reminds me of my own highschool memories.

Which scene? I don't remember anything particularly awkward in that show.

I dropped New Game at the episode which started with Nene autistically screaming in the middle of a class. Fuck that shit.

Dwight has never done a single embarrassing thing in his life.

This only happens when you have like 100 anime under your belt.

I have 800 and it still happens.

Now what?

Are you already wearing a skirt and blushing when you get embarrassed?

I'd assume there is something wrong with you then. If you stop to post on Sup Forums then clearly you don't have an attention span. But if you're stopping because of embarrassment, if you've seen 800 shows then you should be desensitized to Japanese autism by now.

I think I unconsciously do it now that you mention it.. huh

I only pause anime when i go pee pee or poo poo and maybe fappu fappu.

I watch several series in parallel. When one gets to the point where I have to pause I switch to the next.
Sometimes it also helps to consciously set yourself up to laugh at the character instead of empathizing with them.
Another method is to fast forward through the scene first and get the general gist of events before watching it normally, in most cases it gets much easier to watch when you know how it goes.

>spend a month trying to watch watamote

funnily enough anime has slightly improved my abilities in this regard
well until i fell into pseudo-hiki mode and lost all my social skills again anyway