Whats the point of this kind of scene?

Whats the point of this kind of scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C5gFF16qbKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*thonk*

Ambiance and setting a setting, usually.

Deer scarers are usually on rich or traditional houses. By showing this, it implies that the person in question is either rich or belongs to a historic family in the region.

Pretty sure that's a water clock.

Keeps tigers away from Japanese homes.
Yes, the scene on the viewer's TVs keep the tigers away too.

deers ?

in the middle of city ?

>tigers
Yes, but what about servals? Does it keep them away too? I kinda need this answer quickly.

Man, whoever came up with this must have been a fucking genius.

Phallic symbolism.

only the power of reality checks can keep them away

Nature ambiance is a big thing in Japanese fiction. It's not just anime and manga, it's part of their literary tradition too, at least going back as far as the Meiji era when the Japanese started churning out short stories and novels at an exponential increase.

God dammit, I hear it already.

to scare deer.

Oh wow. Something is not just in cartoons but in LITERATURE? Japanese literature at that? damn

Explain more about this.

There's a video on youtube on how early japanese directors used these scenery shots as a breather, to allow the viewer to take in the previous scene or take a break before the next scene. This happens a lot in non non biyori, especially in the first episode where they break away from the characters to just show the beautiful scenery.

it was me

DIO!

just a relaxing vibe, rain without the actual rain

It's called a pillow shot.

not its not you normie

its called ししおどし

Aspect-to-aspect.

Yes? Do you not have garbage horses where you live? Deer are urban wildlife, like racoons and squirrels. But I think most japanese families like that probably keep those things as decorations, not to fullfill the purpose they were originally designed for.

We're talking about the cinematic technique, you idiot, not the bamboo thing.

It's some kinda gook rain catcher although it's really shoddily designed out of bamboo and twigs just like everything Japs design.

What causes the open-end to drop? Wouldn't all the water flow to the back, making that end heavier?

bamboo has little space intbetween, see those partition line ?

>Deer scarers are usually on rich or traditional houses.
No. It's perfectly normal decoration for gardens among all people. Implying only rich people can have a stick of bamboo in their garden is stupid.

Ah okay, thanks.

REEEEREEEEREEEEREEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=C5gFF16qbKI

Can deer scarers kill servants?

Stupid gaijins like you would never understand.

That means the character lives in a traditional Japanese house with a fine garden.