Grand Servants

So besides this guy and assassin, what are going to be the identities of the grand servants? IMO:

>Grand Saber
Arthuria (obviously)
>Grand Lancer
Sun Wukong
>Grand Archer
Heracles
>Grand Rider
Noah (Flood Hero)
>Grand Berserker
Samson

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the new Servants was Grand Avenger

Grand Rider: Medb

screw Artoria, make Lugh, Sigurd, Micheal or some weird combination of the three grand saber instead.

Back when Grand Assassin wasn't out yet I kinda expected it to be Cain, him being the first murderer and all.

>Grand Saber
Artoria
>Grand Archer
EMIYA
>Grand Lancer
Cú Chulainn
>Grand Ruler
Gilgamesh

Anyone who thinks otherwise for these four is a retard, these four are far too popular.

Except there is no hero more iconic and ancestral to the concept of legendary swordsman than King Arthur. Just like Solomon is considered to be the father of magic, Excalibur is the greatest mythical sword.

>Gwalchmai implies a hero in war. He was Arthur's best rider, and accompanied Culhwch and other warriors in Arthur's service on Culhwch's quest to find Olwen.
>In the tale of Culhwch and Olwen, Gwalchmei was the hero who "never returned without fulfilling his quest". Gwalchmei was also the best walker and rider. This Gwalchmei was the precursor of the hero Gawain.
Gawain is Best Rider

RODGER?

Also with how popular that fucking trap is I can see rider being Astolpho.

One other think, I also put EMIYA as possible Grand Avenger for when they decide they want to make his fucking arc even edgier.

I don't think you understand how grand servants work.

Who gives a shit about OLD and busted Servants, NEW history Servants are where it's at!

I don't think you understand how Fate's marketing works.

>King of Heroes
>not Grand Ruler

Grand is just a container.

Grands are only for the traditional 7 classes
But since this is Nasu, I wouldn't be surprised if he added Grand whatever later because he gets a hard on for exceptions

>concept of legendary swordsman than King Arthur.
He's not considered a legendary swordsman.
He's considered a legendary king who just happened to own a fancy sword.
Half of the knights outclass him in feats of swordsmanship.

>Just like Solomon is considered to be the father of magic
Houdini is a far more iconic magician than Solomon.
Does that mean he can qualify for grand status for that alone?

Not in the Protoverse, where he's explicitly the strongest Knight in Camelot.

None of the servants who had mats before IV are grand Servants. Only ones we know are King Hassan and Merlin (also grand Caster).

He said he wasn't a Grand Servant.

Stop repeating this shit as if was truth.

You'll find out in mats.

Artoriafags got BTFO. Her class is just Saber.

>Stop repeating this shit as if was truth.
That's literally how it works though.
The Grand Servants were just the original 7 that were summoned for the first ceremony to fight off the beasts and save the world. There is no rule that states they need to be the best or most famous or anything of the sort, if one of the masters there was a huge Siegfried otaku and decided he'd give them the best shot at saving humanity he could easily end up being the Grand Saber.

It's the counter force system, they have no fucking Masters, you retard. They are the best. I'm sorry Gil was just judged as shit to join them.

I'm done speaking with a shitposter.

Their /Saint Graphs/ are better. Saint Graphs aren't just "Servant container" fixed on a summon, but the information of the Heroic Spirit.

>There is no rule that states they need to be the best or most famous or anything of the sort,
They are stated to be the strongest/best.

> if one of the masters
There aren't Masters involved. King Hassan had to give up his title as Grand Assassin to follow a Master. They are sent out by the Human Order, not summoned by Masters. The Human Order handpicked the Best Heroic Spirits and gave them that title.

none of these words itt mean anything to me

is this some fgo tertiary shit or what am I missing?

>It's the counter force system,
Completely false.
The (Grand) Servant system has absolutely nothing to do with the Counter Force and was established by mages.
They called upon Spirits that were contracted to the Throne just like all the modern summoning systems, only the scale of the ritual, the container, was much larger and of way higher quality. Do you think EVERY Spirit is part of the Counter Force or some shit? The World literally just takes every soul that achieved something extraordinary out of the cycle of reincarnation to hold on the backburner for future use, that's really all the Throne is, and the mages devised a ritual to pull those big into a temporary container.

Also what the fuck does Gil have to do with any of this? They obviously didn't pick him as one of the 7, either because they never really considered him to be all that powerful or because of a million other potential reasons.

Maybe Masters was a bad way to word it considering it somewhat likens them to the conventional Servants contracted to a single individual, that's really not what I meant.
In a way humanity itself is their Master, or at least the Order of Mages that gave them their directive.

Grand Saber is obviously Galahad

>Upon reaching adulthood, Galahad is reunited with his father Sir Lancelot, who knights him. Sir Galahad is then brought to King Arthur's court at Camelot during Pentecost, where he is accompanied by a very old knight who immediately leads him over to the Round Table and unveils his seat at the Siege Perilous, an unused chair that has been kept vacant for the sole person who will accomplish the quest of the Holy Grail. For all others who have aspired to sit there, it has proved to be immediately fatal. Sir Galahad survives this test, witnessed by King Arthur who, upon realizing the greatness of this new knight, leads him out to the river where a sword lies in a stone with an inscription reading "Never shall man take me hence but only he by whose side I ought to hang; and he shall be the best knight of the world." Galahad accomplishes this test with ease, and King Arthur swiftly proclaims him to be the greatest knight ever.

He's also literally called God's Knight.

Where the fuck did you get this information? Some bad wiki? Because it couldn't be more wrong. The only thing the magi did was to steal the World ritual to make a very bad version of it called the Grail War, with its own bias because they wanted to summon knight classes servants. This is regarded like a deviance of the system which was made by the World.

The Grand Servants are established as the best Heroic Spirits who were chosen by the Human Order to fight real threats. This is canon. You can grit your teeth but please don't make up fancy theories.

>Do you think EVERY Spirit is part of the Counter Force or some shit?
You mean Heroic Spirits? They are. See: Garden of Avalon. Guardians or Counter Guardians (what Emiya is) are considered the shittiest and lowest gunpower summoned by men's despair at human lesser threats. Heroic Spirits are considered the answers to men's prayers of hope against bigger enemies, with the Crown Position ones as the highest guns they count with. In fact, Merlin counts and he's not dead or even part of the Throne of the Heroes, so you know.

You're wrong. Stop posting.

Can't you summon Chuck Norris? His legend is just as ridiculous as any of the Servants from the age of gods.

>Completely false.
Solomon says at the end of the London chapter that the regular servant system is just a cheap knockoff developed by mages copying the grand system the counter force keeps as an ace in the hole.

>人間(霊長)と、人間によって築き上げられた文明を滅亡させる大災害、七つの人類悪を滅ぼすため、天の御使いとして遣わされるその最高峰の七騎。英霊の頂点に立つ始まりの七つ。

Canon information and description of Grand Servants.
>英霊の頂点に立つ始まりの七つ。

They are the best.

I feel like Galahad is remembered more for his purity and perfection as a knight rather specifically his swordsmanship. To me at least Ruler seems a more fitting class for him than Saber.

>The Grand Servants are established as the best Heroic Spirits who were chosen by the Human Order to fight real threats.
That's exactly what I'm saying though. Are you retarded? You realize those are Magi as well, right? Magi doesn't just refer to the relatively inept Clocktower crew hanging out in London while ranting about the good old times.
What happened was that at an undisclosed time, when humanity was in danger of being annihilated by Beasts, the best magi got together, came up with the ritual, and created the Servant system, pulling whoever they thought would give them the best odds of survival into containers - those original seven are the ones now known as Grand Servants. That IS canon. It's straight up fucking stated in FGO. Multiple times.

>You mean Heroic Spirits? They are.
They are not. Being part of the Throne does not make you a Counter Guardian and vice versa. They are extremely different.
Also the Servant ritual Chaldea uses does not necessitate what you are summoning to be a part of either of those things so I'm not sure why you are even bringing up Merlin. There's quite a few cases of FGO Servants that are not part of the Throne.
The Servant summoning at its most base level literally just takes a strong soul from somewhere, usually the Throne, in extremely rare cases from somewhere else like the Counter Guardians, and puts them into a temporary container so they can be useful to their summoner.

Everything you just said is wrong, not just about the Grand Servants but also what the Throne of Heroes is and how the Counter Force functions. In fact, we even get more and more info recently that some notable people can choose to not join the Throne (like Michelangelo) for different reasons.

They are the best because of their container first and foremost. Obviously when they decided who to summon they picked the ones that were the most likely to be strong as fuck, the best of the best in their eyes, but that doesn't necessarily mean none of the heroic spirits that came afterwards would ever be able to measure up if their container was the same.
Take someone like Heracles as an example. If he was already a thing back then he might or might not have been able to be another contender for who they picked as their Grand Archer and potentially surpassed the being they picked.

Can you? Sure. Will nasu ever let it happen?

No.

He's too young. 20th century and up can't join the throne anymore because the quality of human souls degraded too much.

A few of them are probably going to be like Assassin where they're less a well known entity and just something an artist can pitch as being fucking cool that Nasu can then make retroactively the most awesome thing ever in the typemoon universe..

Why is Takeuchi's art so bad

Stop samefagging, OP.

You keep forcing Noah and Samson.

Noah already exists in Fate but its Prototype Noah that Gil encounters, not Christian Noah.

Nah, Grand Ruler is definitely more fitting.

Even if that probably isn't a thing. Grand something other than saber, cuz while he would be justified in having an EX rank swordbeam, he's also got so many other things that he could fit almost anywhere.

That's just bullshit. Nasu is bullshit. Fuck Nasu.

The Human Order isn't humans, but another name for Alaya, you fucking idiot. Are you this retarded? The human Order decided Bedivere to be a Heroic Spirit after Camelot. You think Magi did it XDD

>What happened was that at an undisclosed time, when humanity was in danger of being annihilated by Beasts and blah blah blah
Cool fanfiction. Where do I subscribe? Because none of what you said is in fact, canon, just your fanfiction again. You know what, something tells me your favorite was outed as a non Grand Servant and you made all this shit to comfort how hopeless pathetic they are. I'm sorry, but not everyone can be Merlin, who is also a Beast in a youthful state according to his mats.

>They are not. Being part of the Throne does not make you a Counter Guardian and vice versa. They are extremely different.

Counter Guardians are called "false/fake heroic spirits" and stated to be the shittiest of the weapons of the Counter Force. Heroic Spirits as their superior in the hierarchy. Read Garden of Avalon.

>Grand Lancer Wukong
>Not Unnamed Centurion St. Longinus

Grand Ruler is either humanity's first recorded king or Sargon the Great.

Sargon the Great was the most famous ancient male ruler who not only invented the concept of a professional army but royalty from around the world claimed descent from Sargon the Great even though they were not related to him.

Even Alexander the Great knew the tales of Sargon the Great.

>Charlie is Guda
>now Galahad is Guda too
It's like an infestation

See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad

Ruler isn't about being a king, it's about saintliness.

And Galahad is THE saint. And he's got so much potential for absolutely utter bullshit.

>Ruler
>having anything to do with Kingship

Fuck off. Everyone agreed Crown of Thorns > Longinus

Lurk more, morons.

Royalty were considered divine.

They were even asked to touch commoner folk in the belief that their physical touch cured illness.

Whenever a high ranking royalty was executed, peasants used to scramble and collect the blood that spurted out from the execution.

Why wouldn't Jesus be grand ruler?

>person being Divine
>having anything to do with Ruler

>Everyone

Ah yes I remember when St. Sherlock Holmes was canonized.

Why the fuck would he be Ruler when he's Saver

Ah yes, the well known Ruler kings Saint Martha and Joan of Arc.
The whole purpose of the ruler class is to be impartial arbitrators which is why it favors selfless saints.

>You are the only one

To be fair Jeanne was briefly queen of france.

he's in the saver/savior class, probably

>humans ever being relevant to the Human Order aside from staying alive to keep it strong
There's a reason Chaldea is protecting the Human Order, the Human Order is not an organization, its basically Alaya.
Chaldea doesn't care about the mage association, hell, there was tension between Chaldea and the mage association past the first Grand Order.

You sound like you're grasping with some amazing mental gymnastics. Let me help you and translate it because you're an EOP:
>When a catastrophe (the Seven Evils of Humanity/Beasts) threaten to destroy human civilization and the world and humanity, the Seven Grand Servants will be sent as if they were Heaven's Angels. These are the seven highest Heroic Spirits.

Nobody summons them. They are sent and compared to guardian angels in function. Which may not be off, both Merlin and Solomon, and Hassan have powers related to a gift of God.

>Take someone like Heracles as an example.
Can we not make up fanfic speculation? We already have facts and lore.

Everything about Sargon's birth and rise to power was plagiarized by Christians to use on other Biblical figures.

He became a role model.

Galahad is Beast VII.

Grand Berserker will be Aoko.

She's a user of True Magic. Everyone calls him a natural berserker, including Arc.

Aoko is the only berserker in history berserk enough to risk the heat death of the universe in order to achieve her goals and she doesn't care.

Even famous berserkers in history weren't crazy enough to risk the death of the universe while they were insane.

>Grand Saber
Attila
>Grand Lancer
Karna
>Grand Archer
Gilgamesh
>Grand Rider
Ozymandias
>Grand Berserker
Lancelot

I was unaware that class existed I'm assuming Buddha is also savior class?

Actually, yes.

No that guy, but I read his explanations and they made sense. Do you have other mythical figures that fit those roles better? Because I haven't seen any,

Classless Gilgamesh exceeds the Grand System.

Who else counts? Also what does that class even do? Does summoning Jesus count as his second coming?

>exceeding the planet
not even gilfags wank him that hard

*wold of men/humanity

if it wasn't clear, it says:
>英霊
Heroic Spirits. Not Servants. It's not talking about a "container." It's simply saying the top 7 Heroic Spirits get to be sent as Grand Servants.

So wait, hold on a second. Just so I get this right and don't misrepresent your headcanon.

You are saying the grand servants are just the highest positions on the throne of heroes, but then you are saying merlin isn't part of the throne but we know for a fact he is the grand caster after solomon abandoned that container and became something else entirely. Yes?
Do you really not see the inconsistencies there?

Nasu dropped Gil and chose Merlin as his favorite who is both a Grand Servant and a potential Beast (who never matured so he's not destructive). Plus fills his Camelotwank boner.
Even Gil chose to rely on Merlin.

This is new level of shilling, for a new era. This is your new overlord.

Merlin is Nasu's favorite thing ever, he's also a Beast. If he creates a new powerhouse title, Merlin would be it too because Nasu loves the guy.

You can just say the human order (Which has SHIT to do with magi association, it's now how Nasu refers to Alaya) simply considers Merlin Solomon's substitute.

>exceeding the planet
Easily. He destroys the "world" numerous times in Strange Fake and that was only as an Archer.

F/GO's Merlin is not a Servant.

Merlin can also wield Excalibur. Why are you so shocked, lad? I'm sure he can also cook better than Shirou and has a more defenseless anus than Rin.

they can just do the bullshit like they did with Edison

He is. He stuffed himself in a Servant container because he felt like it

Grand ruler ghengis khan

He has a Servant sheet regardless and his class is "Grand Caster."

Is there anything Merlin can't do?

>spouting lies
Bring up his stat sheet and point out where Grand Caster is.
Hint: you can't

Save Camelot.

Win the Saberbowl

Got you covered, Senpai.

Beat Medb.

Save Camelot.

Escape

He literally fucks off when he wants though. And says he doesn't want to.

He doesn't care about saving Camelot, he felt bad about Artoria.

You sure, lad?

The human order are very obviously magi. You'd have to be beyond delusional to think they are some higher power that's randomly placed to protect humanity for lord knows what reason.

I can't believe how many of you just blindly read a wiki and call it a day. I swear to god.

>The human order are very obviously magi
The Human order is a loose translation of Humanity and Alaya.

Are you stupid?

>He literally fucks off when he wants though. And says he doesn't want to.
Sure it barely makes any difference but he is still properly stuck in Avalon until the heatdeath of the universe.

He had to get out to record some cds as Magi Mari. We know because Roman owns them.

Human Order is BL translation:
>人理
Humanity. It's Alaya.

>stuck
He could leave anytime he wants though.

Fucker went to the Babylon singularity by dreaming about it.

I wonder if Magi Mari is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi.

>human personification of humanity's collective unconsciousness
>able to use magic of the highest order
>doesn't qualify as magi
k...?