For as popular as the Madoka series was during its heyday, Madoka herself was never particularly popular. Odd

For as popular as the Madoka series was during its heyday, Madoka herself was never particularly popular. Odd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3x1V2Q7lcNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She lacked sex appeal.

>madokashitter
>posting 3D trash
You guys are lucky you have the abyss fags soaking up the "most cancerous fanbase" position this year or you'd all be nearing ten years in a row.

you are fucking mad

He very fucking mad.

I always wanted to have multiple sexual intercourse with her without protection so I can't say I agree with you.

She lacked an interesting personality most of all.
Fortunately the show wasn't about her.

Well, she only became a mahou shoujou in episode 11 after all.

The Goddess does not desire worship after all, but it is for that very reason that we give it freely.

Madoka is just Shinji as a cute girl. Japan hates Shinji.

Homura was the MC, not Madoka.
Madoka ended up being the damsel in distress for the whole series even in Rebellion except for ep12.

>literally female subaru
>interesting personality

What is she doing?

How can one post be so completely wrong

Girls love them some Dokes. They either want to be her or identify as Homu (like most male viewers) and want to get fucked by her.

But that's wrong. The entire point, literally the entire point of the show was "Will Madoka become meguca?" Just because Homura shot things does not make her the MC or the protagonist.

Showing the wares.

She was the third most popular meguca behind Homura and Kyouko at Shaft's convention.
>Homura was the MC
This meme needs to end.
She was the main character of Rebellion, but not the series. Madoka was objectively the main character of the series. It was all about the lead up to her wish.

Being a Madokafriend is lonely sometimes. Her /c/ thread is just me and 8 other people posting, usually less.

>shit character in a shit show isn't popular
Color me surprised.

that's not very nice

I want Madoka to assist me in purchasing disc based media.

Madoka is a poor man's Hibiki.

Can somebody explain the high popularity of this show to me? I finished it a couple of few ago and it was mediocre, at best. I don't get the hype that was surrounded by it.

Madoka is the best smelling meguca. Her used underwear and stockings must be heavenly.

This

The TL:DR is that it was the first deconstruction since arguably Utena.

It was well advertised and shown in all media as just another magical girl show but the heel turn to a psycological drama and tense dark story was a suprising flip. Mami wasn't the reliable mentor, Sayaka wasn't the unfaltering friend, Madoka didn't even become a Magical Girl, Kyuubey wasn't the cute magical masco, the power of friendship didn't restore Sayaka, Madoka wasn't even the Main Character of the show. So on and so forth.

And yes, deconstructions and subvertions don't make for an automatically interesting or powerful story these days alone, but in addition to being the first to subvert the Magical Girl genre, it was also one of the first be a subvertion. Most of the "It's a sport anime but it's NOT a sports anime, It's a Doki-Doki VN but it's NOT a VN, It's a Superhero genre but it's NOT a superhero genre." wink wink are mostly around today because they are in some form trying to mimic Madoka.

So basically, it did something that no one else had done before and did it pretty well, that's why it's popular and hype.

How can a pure flat loli wearing ZR be lacking in sex appeal?

user, you just contradicted yourself. If the show is shit but popular, then the shit character from the shit show should also be popular.

>deconstruction
Madoka wasn't a deconstruction
It was subversive, sure, but it never told us why magical girls as a genre is illogical. It took a fresh dark spin with new elements.

>>literally female subaru
Which Subaru? There's a million anime characters with that name,

>flat
>loli
silly memer

She did fuck all until the end of the series.

I don't get it. i don't see any similarity between them.

I get the feeling the not many people actually understand her.

>HMV on her shirt
Heh.

Why cant it just be considered a Mahou Horror.

it doesn't warrant the invention of a new genre

Its not even a new genre really, or a deconstruction. Its just Mahou shoujo with psychological horror elements. Its not creating a new genre. That's just what it is.

>Madoka series
>Homura is the only relevant character

The only one that newfags know, of course.

That being said, Homura didn't see herself as entitled to Emilia.

Because it was written by Butcher and marketed as supercute shit that everyon knew it wouldn't be, designs by Ume in the height of Hidamari's popularity and animated by Shinbo when Bakemono was taking even normie Japan by storm.
You might as well ask why Star Wars makes money.

Her popularity was stolen by the actual MC of the series. Pic rel.

it's hard to care about any other girl when the best one is presented to you right away

Homu kept her from getting involved, but after ep 10 we get a lot of Madoka development

pls stop posting satan

>Odd.

She did nothing but cry for the whole main anime aside for the last episode. Even the fucking "girls can't love girls" bitch got more character exposure.

Making a white supremacist symbol

Wrong

>For as popular as the Evangelion series was during its heyday, Shinji herself was never particularly popular. Odd.

Name one show with one particularly popular protagonst.

Mami>Homura>Kyouko>Madoka>Sayaka

>talking shit about female Subaru
I'm gonna neck you mate.

she wasn't the sexiest girl in the show so normies didn't like

she wasn't the edgiest so teens didn't support

she wasn't the cutest so moefags didn't approve

>wasn't the cutest
But that's just wrong.

>Madoka herself is not popular

How blasphemous

S2 when?

She was an MC similar to shinji that you empathise with more personally.
It's much harder to think of any other way.

It's more interesting if you participated in the speculah threads

She's working retail.

Asking for money

real witches hours

Madoka wasn't a deconstruction. It didn't show the natural consequence of what young girls having magic was. In fact NOTHING was a natural consequence apart from Mami dying and maybe the whole monkey paw thing with the wishes.

Like the big hurr durr conflict of stopping Madoka from becoming meduca was because whoops guess being a magical girl turns you into a monster LOLOLOLOLFUCK YOU THAT'S NOT A DECONSTRUCTION. That's just the edgy rules of magical girls in the madoka universe. If there was a show that was a slice of life cliche except halfway through they revealed that all the oishii kaeki they were eating was actually human flesh, that wouldn't make the show a deconstruction. It'd just make it retarded.

You know who kind of actually did a magical girl deconstruction right? Kill la Kill, of all things. The magical girl turning into a monster was a natural progression of her emotional state, something that happened because she had a thirst for power brought on by her 'magic' side (at least in the first half of the show). Not some shitty 'lol by the way theres this rule that all life fibers will make you evil'.

Referencing cliches doesn't make you a deconstruction. Utena wasn't a deconstruction because it referenced common shoujo tropes. Lots of shoujo is self referential to the genre. To be a deconstruction you have to play the tropes straight and show actual consequences for those tropes. Utena was a deconstruction because it showed how twisted those common shoujo traits really were.

Tldr REEEEEEEEEEE FAGGITS ALL OF YOU

Staff list.

Kill la Kill wasn't even a magical girl show, what the hell is wrong with you

The show was just very well designed. Every character got the necessary amount of development they needed and there was plenty of foreshadowing leading up to every major part of the story. The major themes of the show were also explored very well. I can't think of a single scene that can be majorly improved (besides Junko letting her daughter outside the shelter), can you?

Blatant lie.

explain

this pointless cutaway should have never made it into the final product

Maybe because the show is good but you just don't like it.

>Fancutfags

Why are her boobs so low? That looks weird as fuck.

Kill la Kill is 100% a magical girl show, what the hell is wrong with you?

I don't see anything particularly wrong with that scene. It was there to be absolutely clear what the brainwashed people were doing.

No. Fuck you and fuck everyone who says this. There is no such thing as "a deconstruction." The word Deconstruction, when used in a literary or storytelling context, is a VERB. You DECONSTRUCT a text in order to understand it in various new (or at least what used to be new) ways with a process laid out by Jaques Derrida. MADOKA AND EVA ARE NOT "DECONSTRUCTIONS." Subverting audience expectations doesn't require the creation of some special category of story that can't even be defined properly. Neither does telling an adult story with set-pieces from children's stories. Telling a story about what would "really happen" if some sci-fi or fantasy scenario played out in real life is not a "deconstruction of the genre," it's just called SPECULATIVE or SCIENCE FICTION. There is no standardization-deconstruction-reconstruction cycle. It does not happen that way. Storytelling in any medium does not follow strictly identifiable cycles but rather has influences that spread out in waves from many different popular sources and some unpopular as well. STOP PROPAGATING THIS BULLSHIT. This has been a PSA from an annoyed user.

not even meduka is safe

She's popular in Japan just not to filthy gaijin.

>retards who don't know where tits are
Squish your sweaty manboobs together and see where they are compared to your elbows.

You do realize that the deep reading necessary to reveal work/intent contradictions which form the basis of poststructuralism can be done to genre expressions as a whole, right? I mean, doing that to language and novel writing form got us the current standard. If a work is written to question other works, question the form of other works, then it is engaging in deconstruction. Text is text, authors engage with text through text.

And speculative fiction speculates on the technology (or the supernatural element) present, not the foundational elements of the medium or genre it's in. You could actually say MadoMagi is speculative due to the plot being about proper usage and correction of alien tech (becoming meguca), but that's not what you're sperging about.

If you're going to autistically screech, come correct.

What they were doing was already framed as suspicious, and I think Madoka's reaction to it would have more than sufficed to convey that. We didn't need a scene of Junko telling Madoka never to mix these unlabeled chemicles.

New pachinko machines advertised in Akiba

To a savvy viewer, it was already clear what they were doing. The show just wanted to be absolutely clear to everyone else.

Sure, there would've been some improvement if they curtailed that scene, but how much improvement can you get from removing such a short scene? I wouldn't consider it a "major" improvement.

It wouldn't be major. I'm just nitpicking. The scene was removed in the movie version, anyways.

The movie also removed the dream sequence at the very beginning, which was retarded. This scene is like 10 seconds long so it wouldn't have done much harm by staying in.

There were retarded removals and nice ones. It's a mixed back.
My main problem with the Junko scene is that it interrupts the flow of the scene for very little gain.

Didn't the movie remove a lot of stuff?

Yes. Some really important shit too, like Mami's backstory and Homura threatening to kill Sayaka.

>and Homura threatening to kill Sayaka

They removed that? On second watching it was funny as fuck seeing how obsessed Homura was.

Yeah. I really liked that scene.

>dumb
>suicidally altruistic
>the strongest

Generic mahou protag #139021

>ways with a process laid out by Jaques Derrida

First of all deconstruction isn't something special.
Second, it's a deconstruction if you follow Derrida's idea of deconstruction.
Not to assume dogma and conditioned thought are natural, and not to "naturalize" what's not natural.

Deconstruction can't exist on its own, it's a method to produce a negative of a work, it can be applied to anything.
For me, Madoka became a deconstruction the minute magical girls were revealed to be an alien ploy to counteract entropy. This is against everything the genre stood for.

The impressive thing about the series isn't in subverting tropes, it's using despair to create hope in the most cynical setting possible. It's reversing causality itself and the natural order of things to create hope. And that aligns with the magical girl genre.
What butcher did is create the epitome of a magical girl story (Madokami) out of the inverse of a magical girl story. It's brilliant, the ending is literally the reason why japs analyze the show so much.

>That one universe where she's the Empress of Mankind
Whack

thoughts on Magia Record?

Madoka is a middle school girl.

When are we getting a proper sequel?

It's okay. I like the doppel concept.
The characters are shit especially Yashit.

youtube.com/watch?v=3x1V2Q7lcNo

Next year maybe. When Shaft gets less busy.

>Next year maybe. When Shaft gets less busy.
But people said that last year?

Yeah, no sex appeal at all

When Shaft and Urobuchi's schedules open up.
so 2020~, aka never

Shaft keeps taking on more shitty projects.
After they stop announcing so much garbage, you'll know it's time.

I'm wondering if they're thinking of making an anime to the mobage. It might happen before Rebellion's sequel. Probably made by A-1 or something like that.

Fuck off with your shit taste, Homura