Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CYWfxoqSpyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was huge.

Because it's shit

>youtube screenshot
>retarded thread
Every single time.

Because it's old. It was really big in the early 00s in the US. Not as big as DBZ but if you knew anyone that watched anime they would almost certainly have been watching it.

it's extremely popular, what the fuck are you smoking

It's at least now popular enough to get an extra anime special after over 20 years and you get a thread on it everyday. However, it should rightfully be more popular than the Dragonball franchise.

this, it doesn't really hold up that well either. HxH is the superior Togashit

Why isn't it DBZ level despite airing on Toonami at the same time

No, it had a strong cult following in the 00s in the US, back then, I'd be really happy just to run across an anime fan who actually knows about YYH. It's only lately when the popularity expanded enough for it to be hailed as a classic by all shounen fans. Probably also helped by the success of Hunter X Hunter.

Cause The brown haired girl. I forget her name. Was the most annoying thing I have ever saw.

who knows? perhaps because YYH ended and DBZ still gets milked to this day?

DBZ appeals to normalfags more because most people are brainlets who just want power fantasies. Yu Yu Hakusho however is for those with more refined taste, more creative concepts and plays with shonen tropes for more unique storytelling.

Towards the end it became so shit that even the mangaka got bored of it

Because it isn't as good

goofy ass name. A westerner cant even say "yu yu hakusho" without sounding like some dumbass saying something retarded. "Dragon Ball" comes out of the mouth nicely. Maybe YYH would have had a better shot had it just been called Spirit Detective or something

>hangs around hot blue haired grim reaper
>doesn't get with her instead
What was Yusuke thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=CYWfxoqSpyg
Best song?

>punk MC doesn't get with the adorable god of death that nags
I'm suddenly feeling deja vu

I really liked the weird atmospheric music and noise they'd play in chapter black arc

She appeared like three times after the initial school part though? He is a bum after the thing has ended and they are not really together. She is busy being a student of a big name uni and he is just graduated his school and is fucking around.

Because it was honestly just quite a standard shounen anime. This is coming from someone who literally just finished binge watching the whole thing, there are good moments to be sure but it really isn't anything special.

Because the manga is meh. Only the anime is amazing.

Keiko was in every single arc of the series in one way or another. Also they did get together in the anime, though in the manga it was much more nebulous as to whether that actually happened or not it was quite explicit in the ending of the anime that he went back and they started going out again.

He was thinking he was already with the best girl, which he was.

lol

It was plenty popular

Spirit Gun is a retarded weapon. No strategy comes from it. Or ever came from it.

Hiei is a manlet and a Killua rip-off

I know this is a bait post because of the second part so I won't read too much into it, but you are forgetting in the early files there was a lot more strategy involved. For example when Yusuke bounces his spirit gun off the Forlorn Hope.

Those were the days when he had limited shots so he had to be more careful about how he spent his Spirit Energy instead of just shotgunning everything.

Second part is a joke. It doesn't make my first part bait. Spirit gun itself is still a retarded weapon. I'm sorry to break it to you.

Because he was already in a relationship with a great girl.

Keiko a shit

Keiko is literally the best girl in all of manga and anime.
Indisputable best girl of all time.

Keiko is too pure for this world, followed closely by Yukina.

Kys

YYH started started it's rub after DBZ and also ended before it. I think it got moved to a Saturday night slot after the Dark Tournament.

Shitty asspulls in the first few arcs.Then it gets better in the Dark Tournament,but i dont know how it is afterwards, i will finish it someday,probably

Keiko's character in the manga is fantastic. The anime turned her into a generic worried female LI and half the time made her look like she wanted Yuusuke to stop fighting. In the manga she spends the tounament actively cheering on Yuusuke and is obviously glad to see the person he's becoming thanks to that.
The anime in general is good, but it was terrible to Keiko and Koenma.

What did it do to Koenma?

>Shitty asspuls in the first few arcs

Made him into a joke character during the Dark Tournament.

He was heavily made fun of prior to the dark tournament in the anime.

just finished it and liked it better than HxH, just feels more sincere and not like a total satire

Not to that level. It was only every now and then, and some of those scenes were in the manga too. During the DT he had several joke scenes every episode, and they even included the character Jorge Saotome, the blue ogre, to be his comedic partner. He doesn't even exist in the manga.
All in all, in the anime he's a comedic character with a few serious scenes, while in the manga he's a normal character with some comedic scenes.

Not even Togashi himself liked Keiko

Inferior HxH

I don't know but back in the 2000s it was popular as hell, in the school everyone liked it more than Dragon Ball.

>Inferior
Lets be real, HxH is great but YuYu did some things so much better.

It was part of the original Big 3 along with Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk you fool.

Because Dragon Ball was better with the audiences. But it was still a solid #2.

It's popularity didn't last after syndication because it never should have become a battle manga. The first arc where Yusuke had to do good deeds to be resurrected was for sure the iconic part of the story.