Why did mecha had to die?

Why did mecha had to die?

It stopped being popular.

They didn't die. They just became FAGs.

It's a childish and silly genre that was holding anime back.

Patlabor EZY is currently being made.

nothing lasts forever

So then when is the cute girls doing cute things thing gonna die?

around heat death probably

SNK is pretty much mecha, down to the political tone and it's still really popular with the nips.

CGDCT has a lot more variety than your average mecha which seems to be more interested in recycling Gundam.

Except when it's not recycling Gundam and then it's not considered mecha.

Not enough cute girls doing cute things.

Has there been a girls-who-are-based-on-mecha show yet? With RX—78-tan, Zaku-tan, Unit 01-tan (she’s a literal Rei clone lol), etc.?

because it hit a point where they were flying deus ex machina mecha able to flip-flap zippity zoop around lasers and cluster rockets. it turned into dragonball z garbage. the only thing missing from mecha shows were fucking DBZ yellow hair on the mechs

80s will always be the golden age of mecha with all the OVA shading.

90s was affected by the super hero shounen shit and that was why even real robots became super.

2000s was digital animation.

2010 was CGI.

The only non 70s/80s mecha VN franchise that I like was Muv Luv due to its rich setting.

Mecha still survives today through merchandising products for oldies, not animation. To some extent, some online games are still active.

I think this is somewhat of a problem.
You can just have so many shows about giant robots before shit start to repeat itself.

Well it's the same for anything. The problem is that some people have a really narrow idea of what mecha is. There are people who legitimately don't think Evangelion or Patlabor are mecha for instance.

>wanting to ruin a genre that is already dead even more

Mecha was originally a power fantasy for children growing up in post-war Japan.
The present generation of Japanese children no longer want a secret nuclear-powered robot to get revenge on the evil hwaito piggus.

It's weird for Eva. It's like calling Bokurano mecha.

Unless you want to come up with a certain percentage that robots have to be on screen for something to be mecha than anything where the plot involves robots should be considered mecha. I haven't read Bokurano but Eva wouldn't work if you took the robots out. You'd have to rewrite the entire plot.

Eva would totally work without the robots though. Thy make it easier to convey the core message of the show for sure but if you were to replace them by anything else it'll still work.

Gundam would work without the robots too. Just have people in space suits flying around and fighting each other. Guess Gundam isn't mecha.

Did you not see Majestic Prince?

because its boring and nonsensical

>Google it
>Not only Hiraiface, but the character is also making the soyboy face

We've got plenty of robots in GITS yet you don't introduce it as mecha when someone ask you about it, do you ?

Because you touch youself at night

Never seen GitS but from what I know about it the plot doesn't revolve around robots, they're just in there occasionally because it's the future and robots are a thing. Eva is about piloting giant robots. I'd really like someone that thinks this isn't the case to give me a summary of Eva with all the robots removed since I don't see how it's possible but some people do.

Because they're inferior war machine than tanks.

America won't let Japan do military propaganda anime that is accessible to children.

Maybe more mecha should be like Patlabor and show mechs used in everyday life.

Perception of technology changed. It is no longer something empowering like a weapon or armor, or a means of self-actualization. People started seeing technology as a means of control and subjugation, and as something that exists on subtle level rather than on a physical one.

Because it peaked with Evangelion.

It's not dead, we've just seen the peak. It's kind of like Westerns. We'll never see a golden age like there once was, but we still get some every year. Also, is right about the merchandising thing. We still get merch for shows from every fucking decade. Even one-hit wonders like Nadesico get new merch from time to time, let alone icons like Mazinger. Gundam has had so many models, Bandai is kind of running out of mobile suits to make into models. old /m/en everywhere still buy shit from the mecha shows they know and love.

Not dead, just sleeping.