Anyone else feel like this had something that modern adventure isekai series lack...

Anyone else feel like this had something that modern adventure isekai series lack? The anime was jam packed with filler but it never felt like it. It was always fun.

Try watching the series again, I double dog dare you.

It was garbage.
and I hate this Isekai trend, but goddamn, Inuyasha was a colossal waste of time.

It would have been better without that awful cheesy teen drama romance. Ranma was god tier but this was a waste

You have your nostalgia goggles on.

it had more filling than DBZ

Timotei

I would say it was the characters really, they made you come back to it despite the plot being eh.

Modern Isekai doesn’t have many great characters. Though there are some decent ones like Megumin for example,

It also had 100+ episodes to even fluff up with filler which most isekais only have a single cour.

>Anyone else feel like this had something that modern adventure isekai series lack?
Female protag with legs that go on forever. Shame she was the worst girl.

Also this (and the prototype Fire Tripper) were time traveling, technically not "another worlds," and at least had the benefit of being original concepts back then.

Timotei???

>The anime was jam packed with filler but it never felt like it. It was always fun.
I don't remember that being the case.

Yeah
Adventure
Commitment
Didn't make the protagonist the best person in the whole wide world

I'm not going to say it was great, but it's leaps and bounds over some sterile crap like SAO or ZnT.

though even ZnT is better than most isekai

no rpg elements OR adventure guilds

first half had actual story structure (even though that story was basically Journey to the West)

latter parts feel like modern isekai as it faffs about doing nothing but collecting increasingly OP powers (at least Inuyasha didn't get a harem, just a love triangle)

Inuyasha had the hottest girls in anime IMO.

That's sort of what holds ZnT back, though.
Instead of tossing the tropes out the window, it opted to go full on harem anime to replace the rpg elements or the adventure guilds. Which is arguably worse.

I finished rewatching the first season last night and it was great, so no nostalgia goggles here. Will I feel the same way after another 100 episodes? Maybe not. But so far the setting is just way more immersive and interesting than anything I've seen from isekai lately. Kagome being really cute helps too.

Modern stuff really has to ditch the medieval shtick and go back to enchanted Japanese mythological forests.

Also its a nice change of pace to have the girl get isekai'd and meet the MC rather than the other way around. But then NEETs can't fantasize about abandoning their miserable lives.

>Modern stuff really has to ditch the medieval shtick and go back to enchanted Japanese mythological forests.

modern Isekai and related fantasies are the only way we can have medieval fantasy anime/manga these days. Japan is not lacking in historical and fantasy set in its own golden age.

Idk, I've always found the setting sort of stale, and Japan manages to make it even more generic. But to each his own.

Kagome was a semen demon with god tier leg shots but Kikiyo was best girl.

>something that modern adventure isekai series lack?
Rumiko's glorious character designs
>but it never felt like it
Oh it did.

I don't see anything lacking here.

>BEEEEEES

I leave this thread satisfied. Godspeed, user.

Just in case the user from the other (dead) isekai thread is around

Kobo have given me revision updates to J-Novel Club books for free user. Is it Yen Press books that they're refusing to update? A while back around Brexit time or so Yen Press deleted all their listings from Kobo and Kindle (cancelling all preorders in the process) and re-listed them with higher prices under new listings. I think the image resolutions weren't increased either, as far as I know from checking kobo previews. The fact that they are under whole new listings with higher prices instead of being updates to the same listing (like JNC does) may be why they aren't allowing you to update your books to the "latest" version.

Such a shame they removed the manga's nipple shots.

any mention of revision updates for One peace books... books? (shieldbro, kuma miko, etc)

Sesshomaru and Rin episodes were the best

Try Gwenpool

>another revenge story is translated
>netori and not netorare
It's not isekai but damn I guess I'll follow this.

Isn't that the same girl who cucked spiderman with the green goblin?

Escaflowne>Furryasha

Love it. Actually I don't understand people that don't love InuYasha. It's awesome.

I actually recently started watching it again after like 14 years. I'm surprised at just how much I still love the show, but holy shit, the civilian bodycount in this show is absolutely absurd. Just villages full of people getting butchered left and right. But the version they showed on YTV when I was a kid was probably censored or something.

such is the fate of a random villager in fantasy japan in the past.

I considered what you just wrote.

Then I realized that for an isekai, it was shit. It kept killing off interesting characters for the sake of poorly written drama, the MC were a bunch of mary sues, and the entire story could be just 8 books long because the entire thing was rinse and repeat.

not that inuyasha is isekai. Kagome just ended up in the past that was just as described in japanese folklore. Considering they even got some jewel fragments in present day japan.

When I was a kid I remember being sad because there were no real girls as pretty as Kagome.

A true weeb was born

Inuyasha had great lore, monsters, and magic items. Kagome and boomerang woman were cute.

Even Nuraku (the demon guy) was a good villain, but good lord it took like thousands of chapters just to kill his ass. I even remember some of the subplots, like there were 2 clones of naraku?

I liked the movie about him and seshomaru fighting some cat demons.

Sango best girl

Kikyo probably had great legs under her miko outfit, Kagome is her reincarnation after all. Also, Rumiko Takahashi can't draw different body types.

Kagura was sticc tho

it's not filled with video game pandering bullshit.
also its fantasy takes from japanese mythology instead of being your typical european medieval fantasy-inspired setting which i fucking hate. partially because it's fucking everywhere and has been for decades. maybe that's why it's so popular in anime right now; they're tired of fantasy based on their own history/folklore too/spoiler]

It was comfy

Kikyo is goddess tier she's the reason I like himecuts

Nobody remembers hair girl tho

literally a semen demn

I do remember her
for me she's the hottest girl in Inuyasha, shame she got killed

>Mahou Shoujo
>Mecha
>Isekai
They're not ambitious enough.

isn't she literally a hair demon?

I'm rewatching it right now since I was ~10 years old when it aired and I don't remember much about the show and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Skipping most of the fillers though.

>ditch the medieval shtick
You are just not reading the right thing.

And this beauty from?

This sort of eternal aimless meandering is great for watching on the treadmill.

Who is best boy? Seshomaru, Miroku, Naraku, Inuyasha or Shippo?

Probably Cassandra from Trojan War.

Koga

Sesshoumaru of those you listed, but actually it’s pic related.

Interestingly, while these guys will be able to invent pants?

Translation never.

Maybe its the lack of MMO/RPG mechanics most Isekai today use

Are you motherfuckers trying to have an inuyasha thread on my Sup Forums ?

They lack a nice art style. Feel like no mangaka is reading Heavy Metal anymore.

Not, different Gwen.
This one one is isekeid into the Marvel universe with the curse to always shave her legs, for the sake of her costume.

>Anyone else feel like this had something that modern adventure isekai series lack?

Yeah. Certain things and have some elements that shouldn't even be here or there. Only a few actually pull it off.

It's near always bog standard fantasy, RPG elements (literally game mechanics and shit, not to mention people being aware of them), the MC turning full-blown Mary Sue by getting some OP as fuck abilities, adventurer guilds, slavery, needless edge (I'm talking about you Arifureta, and your anime will be shit with the art-style you've chosen) and other elements that make it irritating to read or watch.

Older titles like Rayearth, Dumbine, Escaflowne and more had the main characters actually progress and have to endure hardships. And even if they had powers, then said powers weren't some OP ones (and if they became this way, then they were end-game and were at this point dealing against an OP boss).

Nah. Why choose between a medieval setting and a Japanese mythology one? Why not others like renaissance/industrial era like ones? Nectar of Dharani at least has one with WWI/WWII era tech thrown in, which automatically gives it a big plus in my book.

Or that one isekai web-novel with the MC reincarnating as a battleship AI?

This. Also forgot that modern isekai are most of the time uninspired and lack a soul.

If you want a good 90s isekai then you want to jump right into El-Hazard. Only the first OVA though.

Sadly, I could say that it is associated with escapism at this point, but not completely luckily.

There are still modern manga and similar stuff that is not like that, but they are a minority (like Cursed Blood that is 90's spirit in it or aforementioned Nectar of Dharani if you ignore the fact that the guy behind Seikon no Qwaser is writing it). Though even among those that have MC's that are OP as fuck are pretty enjoyable (due to the very fact that they are played for laughs like Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki), and there are those where the Isekai part has a spin on it (like Chihoukishi Hans no Junan where the MC is a native and has to deal with people from Japan and their bizarro powers).

But in a world where stuff like Death March exists, I see no way to actually see what little good titles there are gaining popularity. It really is a mess. Japs were hit too hard by America, no wonder they've got horrible shit taste over time. That, or it's simply because their every-day life is overworked as fuck.

I want Kagome to plant her fat ass directly on my face!

That almost sounds like a description of Oblivion.

So pretty