This is where this show lost me. This shit is too ridiculous and makes no goddamn sense whatsoever...

This is where this show lost me. This shit is too ridiculous and makes no goddamn sense whatsoever. What even the fuck is going on and why would these people be in league with one another based off the premise of the whole fucking arc?

Fuck, this is disappointing.

I don't get why you are confused. What is the problem?

It makes no goddamn sense why the Hunter Association would aid in the recovery of the queen when their goal was the extermination of the whole chimera ant species. Even under the pretense of preventing the other ants from leaving to form new colonies, the end goal is to kill every last one of them. What's more is that should the queen recover, her goal is to eat all the humans and make more ants. So why the fuck does the Hunter Association have a crack team of surgeons trying to patch up this abomination? It's ridiculous shit. There's 4-5 episodes that undermine the whole arc.

The whole show was shit.

Hunters want to help them to study them and make clone warriors that could be used as bait for the dark continent,Netero wanted to kill them all that's why you dont see him seeing the queen.

Guess is too much for you right?

>So why the fuck does the Hunter Association have a crack team of surgeons trying to patch up this abomination?
Plenty of reasons really.
1: Colt asked them to in exchange for his (and probably all the ants who haven't left the Queen yet) full cooperation. Colt does provide some very important intel.
2: Even if the Queen recovers she can't give birth to anything anymore and so she is less dangerous than monsters we've seen roaming around since the hunter exam.
3: Any ants that remains loyal to the Queen can't eat humans anymore. Seems fair.
4: The real goal wasn't "exterminate all the ants", but rather "stop the King from being born". Now that they've failed that one, having some of the ants as allies will help their chances at taking down the King.

You seem way too angry at the ants for now and that's kinda dumb. The groundwork has been done by the show for you to empatize with at least a few of them, especially Colt who got his strong sense of duty to protect the Queen from his past human self.

>their goal was the extermination of the whole chimera ant species
Hunters don't exterminate species, they contain threats. The queen was not threat.

I hated the whole fucking ant arc. It spent way too long trying to make us give a damn about the ants, almost all of which I viewed as annoying, gimmicky side characters that I wanted to see exterminated. Plus they were all overpowered in my mind, learning complex nen abilities after one nen punch when the whole show had been setting up nen as a rare ability that took years of training to master. The ant king was such a boring villain and I have idea why they made him look so much like Cell.
But every time I post any dissenting opinion on ant saga anywhere all I hear is "hurr durr brilliant story about the consequences of nuclear war". Such a disappointment from the show that gave us the YorkNew city arc, arguably the best arc in all of shounen.

The brainlet meme still going strong. As expected from a 2011er

>something something dark continent
None of that shit is explained prior or during those episodes, which means "dark continent bait" is an asspull.

>empathize with DNA abominations
>empathize with them because of the humans who were eaten to create them
No.

Netero was on the phone accepting the job to exterminate the whole species.

It's twice as long as it should be and reeks of the asspulls of a story that was dramatically changed in the middle of being written.

>empathize with them because of the humans who were eaten to create them
I don't know what episode you're at, but did you miss the part where Colt remembers the name "Reina"?
We're talking about human memories/soul here not just DNA.

>None of that shit is explained prior or during those episodes, which means "dark continent bait" is an asspull.
It had nothing to do with the DC at the time, not one mention.

How stupid.

What the fuck are you even talking about, Merume is one of if not the best character in the show.

>a story that was dramatically changed in the middle of being written.
What was dramatically changed in your opinion? And at which point of the 10 years it took to write it did it happen?

Memories maybe, but not souls. Either way, the fuckers only exist because those humans died. Why would I empathize with a horrible monster man who requires someone else's tragedies to even exist? There's nothing, fucking nothing, about the chimera ants to warrant an emotion from the audience other than genocide.

A few chapters before the king's birth. The ants are horribly written characters or just not developed enough for me to empathize with them.

>Memories maybe, but not souls.
So how do you explain memories still being there after being turned into meatballs, eaten and reborn?
>Why would I empathize with a horrible monster man who requires someone else's tragedies to even exist?
It's not like it's their fault for being reborn that way. I don't see why you wouldn't empathize with a monster as long as he showed enough human characteristics, (friendly behavior, emotions, human memories etc...)
Not all ants are like that, (some even take on negative human traits, like hunting for sport or sadistic behavior), but quite a few end up being more humanlike.

>da negative human traits it's an allegory

Fuck off. They spent the whole first half of the arc wantonly picking up humans to feed the queen. The colt fucker, the one we should have the most empathy for because "REINA!", is on record saying "if you have to, just eat the normies, but save the nen humans for the queen". Then the faggot turns around and says "I surrender, nen humans, save my queen pls". It's garbage. It's nonsensical trash.

>A few chapters before the king's birth.
That's like less than 25 chapters of a 133 chapters arc. Not exactly the middle.
I don't think you can be mad at the ants not being extensively developed yet at this point.

I can criticize them for not being developed enough such that I have no reason to give a single shit about Colt or the queen or the surgery scene.

It is absolutely and EXPLICITLY their souls. They are the people who were eaten to create them; a 1:1 complete recreation, just as an ant rather than a human.

What a stupid point to make. It was out of Kurt's control what happened to him. 1st generation ants are simple hostile creatures meant only to procure food for the Queen. When human DNA was mixed in reproduction, the base trait of loyalty among the troops wasn't removed, but it waned over time in varying degrees. Which is why Kurt when he was first hatched is quite different from later on. It happened to almost all of them as time passed.

>They spent the whole first half of the arc wantonly picking up humans to feed the queen.
That's what they are born to do as ants, pick food for the Queen, not their fault being born this way.
I bet you aren't mad at Killua having killed who knows how many people because he was raised as an assassin.

>is on record saying "if you have to, just eat the normies, but save the nen humans for the queen".
Colt is also on record having trouble getting his squad to follow his orders, he wanted them to be good little drones for the Queen and only hunt as much as necessary, but they disobeyed or changed squads.

>such that I have no reason to give a single shit about Colt or the queen or the surgery scene.
Even during that short time frame you have enough to empathize with Colt, clearly caught between his human memories wanting to protect his sister and his ant instinct to serve the Queen.
We've seen him remember the name Reina (which is also the spanish word for Queen btw) but he doesn't remember his sister and associated that desire to protect to the Queen.
We've seen him spare human children, but he justifies it on the basis of nourishment efficiency.
Lastly we see him fail to protect the Queen and experience once again the pain of not having be able to save someone, and he himself understand that it has happened before.

So I think Colt finding that ant baby inside the Queen and swear to protect it this time is a pretty touching moment. Probably the first major one out of many to make the ants more and more human.

>Killua's childhood of being raised as an assassin is on par with Colt suddenly dropping the human snatchers act to ask those very same humans to help him save the queen, the queen who ordered the human snatching, and those humans fucking agree to do it despite explicitly being there to kill the queen and the species

No. In what world is this not dogshit writing? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Didn't Colt tell them that the ants would spread out quicker if the Queen died? Wasn't that part of why they wanted to save her?

The king is supposed to be a deconstruction of Cell.

He was a better written Cell, "deconstruction" is a meme.

>despite explicitly being there to kill the queen
No they were explicitly there to stop the King from being born by killing the Queen.
After the King is born and the Queen is unable to birth anymore ants, killing her or not doesn't change much.
That isn't hard to understand.

Go cry about it on some other forum. Your inability to grasp character traits and motivations is not anybody's problem.

Netero could have killed the Queen with both hands tied behind his back and on one leg. He probably would have just for the challenge. The Queen wasn't the threat at all, it's like some people barely paid attention while watching

>as long as it's my headcanon then everyone else is wrong

wew

>I'll just call facts I don't like headcanon instead of having actual arguments
>my previous arguments like "No this is dogshit", "Fuck off it doesn't make sense because I say so." were clearly well constructed and based on evidence from the show.
>I am the clear winner here.

>everyone
You're the only one, buddy

>But every time I post any dissenting opinion

maybe your opinion is dumb