youtube.com/watch?v=R9p9Rv4Bvec
youtube.com/watch?v=7qADsWlSR1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are the subs out yet?

It hasn't even aired yet.

Dead on arrival

>No PV
>Full length show
Maybe Bkub is in charge of writing new full episodes?

The anticipation is killing me

No-one thought a simple 4-koma like Kill Me Baby could work as full length episodes, and it did.

So, what's the 4-koma about?

It's a 4-koma about nothing.

How else are they going to do Your life ends 30 minutes from now?

Until I see episode 1 up online, I’m honestly kind of in denial this anime exists at all.

isn't it gonna be like azumanga daioh, 3 5 minute segments a week collected into a 30 minute episode on the weekend?

It's just shitposting in 4koma form

No, it's gonna be a live action of two guys fucking around wearing their kigurumi.

Anime will be revolutionized.

Its about nothing. I dont know what the fuck they are going to do for a whole season of 20minute episodes.

Why did I always think this was a 2hu character parody?

A while back somebody crunched the numbers and determined that if they adapt every last strip, it'll give an average length of 45 seconds per strip, ignoring any filler or original material. That's a bit long, but not absurdly long, so it's entirely possible that it is actually just going to be a straight adaptation.

Technically there is a lot of source material at the very least, that could be potentially padded out a lot for some skits.

It's just each one is totally independent from the last. The show will be fucking schizophrenic and melt brains at full-length. It's like a full-length Teekyuu but actually, far less cohesive than that. Fuck this show should have been 5 mins, 10 max.

Because one of the author's previous known works was a Touhou character parody?

I'm more excited now. I was afraid it was going to be 2 minute "episodes" or some shit. Maybe we can see them take advantage of the medium and take some jokes even further.

It's the best

>maybe we can see them take advantage of the medium
I’m so sorry.

I expect slow slice of life with the kind of shallow and light comedy typical for such shows.

They do not have even shown a real PV. Probably the animation and the production values are going to be shit.
Nichijou was a 4-koma with full length episodes because kyoani was a very competent studio. Gekkan shoujo transformed the structure of the manga in order to create a "normal manga adaptation". But that is impossible with Pop team epic.

Pretty sure the big meme of this anime is going to be how awful it is going to be

When I first saw Poptepipic posted here, I didn't even recognize it as something new and just thought it came where Honk Honk came from.

>Nichijou was a 4-koma
I like Kyoani but you're just full of shit.

So it's gonna be like Kill Me Baby all over again. Good show, but obviously something that shouldn't be 20 minutes a week.

Assuming it is a straight adaptation and not something weird and stupid, which is a valid possibility given the source material. It could wind up being a single thirty-second 4koma adaptation followed by nineteen and a half minutes of roundtable discussion with accompanying musical act, for all we know.

The show was less funny than their self-deprecating tweets.

100% confirmed this is not going to be anime.

Shit anime is not anime. We know.

>First minutes of episode 1 will be Hoshiiro GirlDrop

Here's something I never understood:

How does "Pop Team Epic" turn to "Poptepipic"? No matter how I try to pronounce it, it just doesn't sound like that.

Kamikaze Douga has been confirmed as the animation studio.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ylEIjyTTbs

They haven't been doing much well-known stuff apart from the JoJo openings, but they do have talents.

I hope the anime manages to pull off some original twists that can only work on tv.

They get to do Batman Ninja as well. They are on the rise.

>"WATASHI DAYO!!" in VR

They're going to do that 20 minutes pause aren't they ?

Last 5 minutes of an episode would be more practical.

>final episode gets a double length slot
>first 10 minutes are solid ads
>the rest is the full length cuckoo clock sketch with no ads, OP, ED or credits
>Becomes the most popular episode of the show due to the audio of Mikako Komatsu breathing for 30 minutes
I wonder how many complaint letters would be sent if this happened?

>beginning of episode
>KEKOO
>your motherfucking live ends thirty minutes from now
>OP
>CM
>part A, Popuko still standing there
>CM
>part B, Popuko still standing there
>ED
>preview
>hammer
If they do this, they deserve an Emmy at least.

I'm hoping for Lasagna Cat: Pop Tep Pipic Edition.

If they want to go for the full thirty minutes, wouldn't she have to destroy it at the start of the next episode?

>Bkub writes new material for the anime
>it's just hundreds of ff14 jokes

Is that supposed to be funny?

They should buy an ad slot so it starts in the commercial break before the show proper starts.

A standard programming block is 30 minutes including commercials. They could just fit it in. Or cheat by a few seconds.

>The last 10 minutes of each episode is Bkub showing off Lalafell cosplays

I'm hoping for jokes about currently airing anime or stuff from the past season.

They should have a few minutes pause every episode and on the last episode smash with the hammer.

It's supposed to make you think about the definition of funny. And while you're at it, the meaning of life.

Memes and shitposting basically.

>tfw they actually do it
I'd be surprised not gonna lie

This is the best answer. But the humour is so fucking good, it's high-quality compared to other gag comics/manga you could call shitposting. Like being served a fancy dish that's tiny. In terms of how good the comedic timing is in panel form I'd put it on par with Azumanga Daioh/Yotsuba, except far more surreal.

Also whoever does the translations is fucking amazing. I just hope that it's this funny/similar in the original Japanese - it's another reason I want to learn, so that I can get the little intricacies and see what translators were finding the equivalent to.

If this is getting full length episodes, will they adapt everything?

>Tfw it will be only one 30-min episode
how would you feel?

I can't wait for original anime scripts!

>they open the first 8 episodes like it's the Endless Eight but with Popstep character
>after that intro, rest of each episode is unrelated
>episodes 9-16 are literally the full endless eight reimagined by popstep
>season 3 of Haruhi starts from episode 17 onwards

They could do 5 min episodes like how it was done with Saiki (even though it's not a yonkoma).

It's [s4s]

>5 min episodes
>30 minute block
Read the OP+thread before making a fool of yourself, user.

>Also whoever does the translations is fucking amazing. I just hope that it's this funny/similar in the original Japanese - it's another reason I want to learn, so that I can get the little intricacies and see what translators were finding the equivalent to.
Looking forward to lightly edited google translate subs by some shitty streaming company.

i expect absolutely nothing.

Shit, it probably will. Time to quit university to learn Japanese.

>Also whoever does the translations is fucking amazing. I just hope that it's this funny/similar in the original Japanese
It is similar, but with some changes purely for increasing comedic value here and there.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9p9Rv4Bvec

What do you want to see animated the most?

I remember these. I hope the guy got hired.

Cuckoo clock and hambaaga

OK, I laughed.

Pretty unlikely, especially he's still putting them out on a regular schedule.
youtube.com/watch?v=7qADsWlSR1E

>Nichijou was a 4-koma

Except it wasn't?

Them sucking a lemon

Sentai has got the license of streaming.

Will PTE dub be as dirty as Panty & Stocking?

I'm the most excited/nervous about hearing the voices. I hope the two voice actresses really go ballistic with it and add to the humour instead of just being there/taking away.

Yes.

Why is that text so fucking tiny

Who is subbing it?

>It's like a full-length Teekyuu but actually, far less cohesive than that.
Dear god

HIDIVE and Sentai

Holy shit, I just realized, what if the subs don't have the same TL that we're used to for years? Like instead of "your motherfucking life ends 30 minutes from now" it's something lame like "you will die in a half hour

Or pic related but it's "He was into furry stuff"

We need to make our own user subs for this.

The tree jumping one

>you will die in a half hour
Please no, I can't imagine anything less funny.

I liked his shit better when he was doing touhou stuff. Now this shit is just a magnet for ironic anime fans and other faggots.

It's a giant shitpost like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

>I hope the guy got hired.
Nope, but his Patreon is making $21 a month now!

Pic related

I don't get it. I don't get a lot of jokes from this.

Imagine if instead of shitting on Takeshoubo they now shit on Kamikaze Douga for making a shitty adaptation.

She was being a shitter and flooding youtube with terrible content like 2 hour long reviews of a new flavor of potato chips.

I really hope they pull off a K-on and add a shit ton of new content, I can't seee otherwise how they'd make full length episodes out of shitpost yonkomas

Popuko made a really long and obnoxious youtube video that was so bad she got arrested. The humor arises both from the absurdity of the situation and the reader's catharsis due to their own presumed familiarity with similarly obnoxious online videos.

I hope they shit on everyone, Takeshobo, Kadokawa etc...

I see.

...its not? Holy shit

I wish we were getting a Chen anime instead