This is on TV, should I watch it?

This is on TV, should I watch it?

yes

Sucks with commercials, but oh well.

Yes, you should find a way. To watch it.

It's on now, saw it in theater. Kind of totally different with the commericals though.

This is feminist propaganda right?

Might as well
Its overrated shit but you will have watched a popular thing and could join in conversations about it in the future

Yea you should watch it

What?

No.

Its cuck propaganda

Are you in Tokyo now?

Why would you watch it in inferior quality?

Up North.

Boredom.

I found the bluray of it a while back, but I've been too lazy to dig up my PS3. Don't even know if it works anymore

She is 3 years older than he is?

Same age, it has time travel in it.

I would say yes, it's a comfy way to spend the next 90min

It was, entered to win the novel signed by Shinkai.

Just finished.

12,000 replies on futaba and counting.

Reading the threads while watching the movie was fun as fuck (I watched it in the theater 2 times last year).

Wish you EOPs could experience this.

I lost my fujitv script and youtube videos seems deleted. Fuck this shit.

Oh and the commercials (Softbank, Secom etc.) playing during were all parodies of the movie. Hilarious. The goddamn Japanese government made a promotional video for future technology and shit using Mitsuha's VA. Should be up on Youtube soon I guess, check it out.

Japan really loves their Kimi no Na Wa, can't blame 'em, I love it too.

It was on TV Asahi though.

Nah, what i mean is a link to stream nips TV channels that i got from /jp/. It need a script to extend the watch time but i can't find it anywhere.

Oh, I see. Twitter was fun during too.

>>feminist propaganda
>>Japan
Are you okay user? You seem lost

Just finished watching this on my TV, 5th time watching it. The commercial break cut-ins were not too terrible, at least they left all the songs intact. The end credits were shortened and featured a landscape recap. Really enjoyed watching this without subs for once.

Yarrrr.

Actually she IS 3 years older than him.

>check out LN on Amazon
>reviews are filled with Nips who read it because of the large amount of unexplained shit in the movie confused them
It's 5cm/s all over again.

5cm LN give you 'happy' ending though.

Don't compare this kamianime with kusoanime that is 5 meters per hour.

Also, some little details I realized in my viewing:

>first scene of Itomori, two eagles fly over the town and lake
>always appears in every morning scene at Itomori
>when Taki finally sees the ruined Itomori, only one eagle is still flying. This is because Mitsuha is gone.
>when Taki returns back in time as Mitsuha, two eagles still exist, of course.
>ending has two birds flying around Tokyo now

I was thinking how the manga in particular for 5cm/s tied up all plot threads that Shinkai didn't bother finishing in the movie.

This fucking movie, I swear

As someone who read the English LN, I would say that's bullshit. The LN merely adds insight to what Mitsuha and Taki's thoughts were from a first-person perspective, most of which is pretty obvious in the movie anyways. Only some nitty-gritty stuff left unspoken can be found in the books, but they're really just side humor or "deleted scenes", never so much as to understand the mysterious that neither character could possibly know beyond their own interpretation.
Manga has completely new scenes added to the storyline, such as a minor talk from Taki's dad, and for the most part changed the order of scenes in sequence differently to fit in volumes.

BRAVO SHINKAI

underrated posts

>ywn drain your balls deep inside Mitsuha, impregnating her
>ywn carve out a comfy life together in Tokyo while you both raise your beautiful baby boy/girl
Just give me the sweet embrace of death...

When she meets him on the train, his English flashcards say 'Have you seen the (whatever) comet?' And 'I'm looking for my counterpart.'

Sorry pal, Mitsuha is Taki-only. Musubi wills it.

The movie finally airs in a theater near me in 2 weeks. Took long enough.

From what another user has said, it adds a lot of characterization to the characters, such as Taki explaining that he should have remembered the disaster and specifically mentions they go over it in school, yet in the movie its just brushed off as "oh shit I don't remember that".
I don't care about the movie so I can't be bothered to actually read the LN, but from what I hear it addresses one of the movies biggest flaws, the complete lack of characterization for the main characters.

reminder that if you watch it dubbed you're missing out on the best part of the movie which happens to be the line they ask for their names

And I'm sure Musubi willed her dating around all those years before she reunited with Taki.
You cannot convince me that she didn't sleep around a lot, trying to fill that hole in her heart where Taki belonged.
I guarantee you that she's thoroughly thrashed goods by the time Taki got his turn.

If they had their memories completely wiped, how did they recognize each other in the end?

>This is on TV
Oh, so that's why it's trending #1 worldwide on twitter. Nips really love this movie.

I only found out it was airing near me on the day of the last screening. Missed it unfortunately.

LOVE

>he grabbed her tits, lol! best movie ever. deepest lore! 10/10! a milestone in anime history! I'm glad it had a happy ending!

Musubi.

Deja vu.

this

literally wanted to post LOVE

Wew people still remember this crap?

>LOVE
But love is an emotion built on memories. You can't love someone you don't know anything about. By essentially wiping away their memories, their love should have been wiped out too.

This bothered me a lot too.
Terrible way to start a film, made even worse when they repeated it.

IT'S LOVE

Can you give me all the time frame that you see the eagles?

DON'T YOU KNOW, KNOW, KNOW

I never get tired of those sliding door animations.

No.

I don't have the time frames memorized, but check out the beginning scenes with Itomori and the ruined ones. I could be wrong because it was all on TV, but it should be there.

nigga he literally changed the past in order for her to live, let this guy love her
it's some interstellar love like shit
love is everywhere or something like that

Let me guess, that place is popular spot now?

Why didn't Taki start a romantic relationship with Miki?
It would have worked out.

She marries the friend with glasses.

All the nips are rewatching this shit since it is the first terrestrial broadcast.

The endings of these two films should have been switched.
Would have made Kimi no Na wa absolutely mind blowing.

Gonna be a little sad when this movie loses best animation to some shitty disney film, but I guess Oscars truly don't mean anything after it got out that most of the judges don't even watch all the movies in the category they vote on.

Why is it that every Oscar-mentioning post keeps forgetting the sheer fact that Your Name is a movie from mid-2016?

Is it even up for an Oscar? I hadn't thought it was.

Where is that said?

In this corner won all the reward
Your name won the mainstream viewers
Koe no katchi won?

most realistic part of the movie

Kek that Iwao face.

They both have wedding rings at the wnd, Shinkai said in an interview it was a hidden secret.

I thought the whole point of Taki and Miki going on a date after Mitsuha set it all up was that Miki was attracted to Mitsuha-Taki, not the real Taki.

But "love" in interstellar was just the MC's interpretation of 4d humanity from the future fucking with shit in an overall theme of how we use the supernatural to explain things we can't explain.

I guess I don't know how oscars work, I thought they're only eligible for oscars around the time of their Western release (April 2017)

Nowhere. It is only based on the rings on their fingers at the end.

The only anime movie that might get a nom is Kono Sekai

He didn't say that. He only said something like: "Ah, you noticed it."

She does like regular Taki for his hotblooded tendencies and boldness, but merely treats him as a kouhai at work and a friend. She had some liking for Mitsuha-Taki because of her feminine cuteness (which Tsukasa shares and might explain their own compatibility) and understanding of feminine tastes, but in the end she realized that was just a different side to Taki and not his serious attitude.

Mitsuha (Taki) was prime breeding material.

Awards are just popularity contests, not really a measure of quality. If the film isn't popular in the US, it's most likely not going to get a nom.
Besides, Coco would fucking destroy it in the Oscars.

Shinkai: "Good catch! It's only a side story, but actually, I'm thinking that Okudera senpai and Tsukasa got engaged."

Shinkai also said that Mitsuha got a job at Tokyo in the fashion business, seeing as her longly-practiced knitting and sewing skills come to be of use throughout the film.

Hedgehogs for everyone!

How did they fall in love if they never met each other?

You did buy the nendos, right?

Mitsuha's is outselling faster than Taki's, as some have expected.

Reading this thread I feel like I need to re-watch the film. A lot of little stuff I seemed to have missed.

How did you fall in love with your waifu if you've never met her?