SAO GGO Alternative

Broadcasting begins in April 2018.

twitter.com/ggo_anime/status/948582223569014784

Something about the P90 being pink makes it pretty aesthetic desu

Let's see how Kino's author can recycle this world.
Honestly looking forward to it but I still expect to be disappointed.

I hope the studio is A1, the more shit properties they adapt means less shit they will ruin.

>little girl dual wielding granade launchers

This was written by the monogatari series author, right?

Fuck this, SAOP anime when?
And you will like it.

>SAO without Kirito
Sign me up.

No, the Kino's Journey author.

IRL she couldn't even pick one up
what a joke

After Alicization and Unital Ring anime.

Has anyone read it? Is it as good as Kino.

I like the girls' designs.
Picked up.

They pretty much have no recoil because of the high-low system. The problem is carrying the ammo.

Those are some weird-ass looking boobs

Why is almost no one wearing a helmet? Do they want to get 1dinked?

>SAO

>that brown girl
MUH

>GGO
>lack of Sinon

what's the fucking point?

I much prefer pipe Jesus to edgy sniper main.

Dual Wielding Grenade Launchers, that's what.

don't bully my edgy sniper main wife

Anyone know if Sinon cameos in this? It's her game, after all.

So is this "cute girls doing cute playing Call of Duty"?

I've been told she's had a couple cameos in the novels, yeah.

Yeah, pretty much.

that's one sexy villain

Sword Arts is shit, this is shit...

>tfw you don't roll a cute girl avatar

>literally a bunch of dudes playing cute little girls together in Gun Gale Online
Oh fuck this is better than I thought.

>P90

>a bunch of dudes playing cute little girls together in Gun Gale Online
Wait, is it the opposite?
Either way, picked the fuck up.

I really like Gun Gale setting, it would be nice if was an actual setting instead of a game

It's a bunch of girls playing as big burly muscle-chicks, with a few exceptions.

Close enough

It's an interesting series. The story is about a tournament in GGO that is team-based rather than a solo battle royale like the Bullet of Bullets tourney, and the main character of this series is a female Japanese college student who is 6 feet tall and has a complex about being a giant. The reason she is playing GGO and not some other game that appeals more to women is because she made countless characters in different VRMMO games and GGO just happened to be the one where she got a randomly generated avatar that was small and cute.

Sinon gets mentioned once. One of the main characters, who is a massive whale, wanted to buy her anti-materiel rifle and was told to go take a hike.

>bunch of little girls playing video games
Immersion ruined

>more GGO
>with new characters
>No Kirito
What's the catch?

>What's the catch?
No Sinon either.

Wait, is it dudes playing girls or girls playing dudes? Or a mix?

>Persona 5
>Steins; Gate 0
>Golden Kamui
>Boku no Academia 3
>Hinamatsuri
>Mahou Shoujo Site
>and now SAO
so much stuff going to air in Spring

I haven't read the LNs, but I know there's at least one dude called "M" who hands around them.

I'm curious to see how an SAO series without Kirito plays out.

I fucking hate the fact that a gun anime is coming from fucking SAO
But I hate myself even more for falling for it.

TENSAI GAMER EMU

>I fucking hate the fact that a gun anime is coming from fucking SAO
>But I hate myself even more for falling for it.

Hey, if disc sales are far better than the original one, that should signal Aniplex to consider animating more spinoffs

This actually came faster than I thought. Didn't they just announce it like a month or two ago?

It's dudes playing dudes and girls playing girls, but everyone's avatar is more or less the opposite of how their real self looks. The tall college girl and her friend play short, cute girls, the short cute high school girls play tall, butch women, etc.

The fuck is this? When I hear the world Alternative I expect cool shit. This is just a bad parody kek

I'll take it

Progressive manga > rest > shit > GGO

>progressive
I, too will enjoy reading it until I die in 2071 (and it's not gonna be done by then)

Jesus Christ this is like Sup Forums playing a VRMMO

>Sword Art
>Everyone uses guns
What

famas >all

>guy with shades gets the best avatar

Are you actually retarded?

Should I suck it up and watch season 2 so I can enjoy this

You guys have it backwards. The girls having a tea party are the players, while the portraits in the circles are their avatars in game. The girl in the background is the main character, while the ones in the foreground are a local rythym gymnastics team that LARPs as a Russian fireteam in GGO.

Who cares about this; when are we getting another season of Accel World?

For the most part, this isn't at all related to the main series. So can pretty much watch it with almost no information about SAO at all.
Season 2 might get you to understand some of the mechanics, but that's about it.

Never.

I might season 2 a try, but is it really as bad as people say or should I just watch it and make up my own opinion?

When Sunrise remembers that series exists.

What do you mean by Season 2? Cause I've seen a lot of people refer to the second arc of Season 1, as "Season 2".

The only redeemable part of SAO is getting animated

Alicization isn't for at least half a year.

The second arc (Fairy Dance) is fucking dreadful. Don't bother.
The second season (Beginning with Phantom Bullet) is pretty good for SAO standards. Mind you it's still pretty bad, but the setting is a breath of fresh air and it introduces Sinon, SAOs best girl and my wife.

P90 is literally THE anime gun, it's always aesthetic in 2D

>do i fit in now guys?

Is it the fate of every series to get an all girls cast spin off

>april
>APRIL
holy fuck, I wasn't expecting this until like, september or someshit

literally who?

Yeah, like making Accel World S2 right?
Fuck..

Is this Kino?

Excuse you, the first half of Alicization is great. Only the second half is bad for the most part because of poor man's Saber.

Prepare for sentient weapons boys.

Yeah this was expected when in DBM Sigsawa said GGO A will be like a teaser to Alicization.

In October. 6 month time for either 1 or 2 cour series is pretty standard. Although I'm a bit worried since there's no PV yet but that might just be Aniplex marketing as usually announcement is not a good indicator for when production actually begins.

>lolis
consider my interest piqued

Alicization is hinted for Summer so this was always gonna be either before or after.

So Progressive should be on 2020?

Honestly, I'm hoping they announce it for SAO's Tenth Anniversary next year, but Alicization will definitely be two seasons so yeah probably.

This basically confirms Alicization for fall or 2019.
>BnHA 3
>SnK 3
>OPM 2
>Index 3
>SAO 3
>Geass R3
These next few years are going to be a shitstorm.

It's master chief, Rambo and the Gurlukovich Soldier !

Apparently a fan talked to Kawahara at Comitia and he said in the middle of the year it'll air. So Summer like always.

Makes sense, too. They won't air their two biggest series in the same season. And it's basically a consecutive run of their biggest titles for their 25th Anniversary:
>GGOA Spring
>SAO:A Summer
>Index 3 Fall

You forgot FMP S3 (technically S4). 2018 is a great year.
GGO is my favorite arc so this schedule will keep me satisfied.

the more they sin the darker they become

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wtf....more soa.. ^_^

Looks more like an ODST.

I get understand disliking SAO but didn't know it allowed these kinds of posts.

I can't express how badly I want you to die.

>SAO S2 about guns
>not swords
???
Should have just change the series name for GGO instead.

The author isn't going to live to 2071, he's already 43

I fully expect for his editor to keep him on life support for as long as physically possible, until he mentally can't write anymore.

Miki doesn't work at Dengeki anymore and SAO among other IP's they work on produce more than enough money without the writing.

Miki still edits for everyone he used to.
The "doesn't work at Dengeki" bit only really frees up Miki from some of the bureaucracy. He's still pretty much their editor.

Yeah. I'm just saying the Novel money is going to Kadokawa/Dengeki. Not like it helps Miki's salary or anything. They focus on producing the IP's as he listed in his tweets for new years.