Where did it all go wrong? I remember Sup Forums used to love this...

Where did it all go wrong? I remember Sup Forums used to love this, then it ended up with nothing but shitposting until it finished and the author hasn't done anything worthwhile since.

King of Idols is garbage, that I agree.

Chapter 190

objectively best girl lost...

I honestly thought Ayumi would win, and I would be ok with that
Even if Tenri won I wouldn't be bothered
Even an open end would do
But we got that instead
I am not ok with that

I'm okay that Shiori lost, though. It's cuter that way.

Haqua is my favorite, but Tenri should've won. Ayumi would've also been a solid choice though. With that said, I had a feeling the Chihiro ending was coming, but that doesn't make it good.

I can understand people rooting for a Tenri win, but why Ayumi?

>story finally changes up the status quo by giving Keima a bunch of goddesses as supporting characters
>the rest of the series takes place in the past so they aren't around

Went from a parody of harem anime to a generic harem anime.

I don't understand Ayumifags. Aside from being first girl, she was no different from every other girl who fell in love with the fake self. The only acceptable ends were either Tenri, Chihiro, or open.

It was inevitable

Chihiro did nothing wrong

>King of Idols is garbage, that I agree.
Why is he dropping the ball so hard?
Are cute girls and a somewhat coherent story that hard to implement?

The shitty patissierie-ghost sucked at least as much.

Great decision-making on his part.

Everyone lost in the end. Best girl Haqua ends up with no friends and a hole in her heart and life. Chihiro shitposting is the best thing that came out of the ending and I'm not even a Chihirofag

>started watching it
>realized that the "memory loss" makes it a kinda procedural show
>dropped it

When she's about to marry her real love she can think back to that silly boy that doesn't even read real literature.

>Didn't even reach the part where some girls retained their memory, and he has to re-romance six at a time

>The goddess arc had its share of problems, but that was the high point of the series for me, then it all went to shit with the time travel. All those huge events happened, and then we never got to see how it affected Keima and the rest. Instead he turns into a kid, meets forgettable characters and the tension just drains out of the story. And that was the final third of the manga. Just one disappointment after the other.

Also this. Haqua deserved better.

The worst girl won, pretty much 90% of people hated the ending.

It also got very repetitive, and then decided to throw in time travel to spice things up, which ended up feeling really out of place.

Goddess arc was shit, but forgivable if it didn't come with that fucking bullshit memory loss, which was made permanent with most of the girls for no good reason. He deliberately sabotaged his own series.

That must have been in s2? How many episodes do you have to endure before it's no longer procedural?

Fuck, didn't mean to greentext

I hated reading the time travel arc, it felt so slow and the magical girl spin-off chapters didn't help and that ending was probably the worst way to end the series

It wouldn't be so bad, if there was any development or reason for him to choose who he did, but instead it just doesn't make sense. Any of the other girls were more geared towards his interests, but he chose the girl with literally nothing going for her. It's just a massive let down.

Being Haqua is true suffering.

one of the best harem manga/anime until chihiro was picked at the end

also tenri getting btfo'd was godtier

I didn't want her to win either but she really didn't deserve to wait a decade just to get a rejection on a piece of paper

She got rejected long before that, she just didn't accept it

This, Haqua is best girl.
>Haqua eats deathflags for breakfast
Damn, those were fun times.

I knew a Chihiro end was coming, but that didn't mean I had to like it, you morons.

I liked it, my only problem with the ending really was that it rushed unnecessarily, while the arc itself was pretty long. The pacing was just messed up. Also the Chihiro ending was probably the most natural one, but I would have still preferred and open ending instead, although the shitposting was fun.

>Any of the other girls were more geared towards his interests, but he chose the girl with literally nothing going for her.

Yeah, if you completely ignored all of his character development up until that point.

She fought so hard and now she goes back to being the demon equivalent of a wage slave. She didn't even get to tell him that she liked him before losing her memory.

I liked it when the concept was Dating sim + ghostbusters featuring genki assistant. I lost interest quickly when the story turned into the same generic plot as everything else, with ancient wars, demons and whatever else the author could be bothered to steal whenever he needed to pay his rent.

>It was inevitable
no it wasn't

could've stuck with the girl of the week format, probably would've been dull after awhile but still would've been fondly remembered. Originally when I read the summery of this series I thought "guy plays with several women this would be shit" until the understanding that the girls will get the memories erased and the personality of Keima convinced me otherwise, but when the goddess arc came about all the fears I had about the initial impressions were realized.

Pacing went to shit halfway through the goddess arc.
Also waifu wars and the anime ruined discussion on Sup Forums

Oh i'm sorry the one chapter where they talk on a roof, was amazing character development.

It was pretty good, and best girl won.

a 3D normalfag won.

Actually s3, s2 was still the same but had a lot more humour brought in, the eps in s2 with Haqua in it were funny as fuck.

IT got an anime. Anime ruins threads on Sup Forums. Manga only fags are the best Sup Forumsnons.

Best girl won and that is why I don't feel the need to shitpost about it.

The pacing was bad sometimes, but best girl won.

It felt good to be right.

I agree though, the author hasn't done shot worth reading after, which is a shame.

Wait made them so good together?

3DPD slut won

Anyone not constantly lying to themselves could have seen either her or Yokkyun would win, Tenri was a beta orbiter from her introduction

garbage taste

Haqua was probably the optimal choice to be his bride story-wise. It just kinda flowed that way.

Probably because she got what he was doing and had some level of understanding.

Hakua having to conquer him, could have been a nice variant, but he already used the body-swap gimmick.

people said I got mad because Chihiro won

but I would've gotten mad if any of the girls won save LC, Haqua, or Keima's waifu

CHIHIRO IS THE ONLY GIRL WHO REALLY LOVED HIM

Still mad he didn't accept being the rich reverse trap's housewife.

Goddess arc turned a fun galge meta comedy into a lousy cliché romcom.
The ending is complete trash, even if agree with Keima's developement and the horrid romance. Author introduced so many plot points he had to rush through it and it barely makes any sense (poor Elsie and Haqua). And that Tenri page is fucked up, what the hell was Wakaki's problem? I'm pretty sure he hated his characters at this point.

Anime was trash too since they skipped my favorite girl to get to the garbage faster.

Instead she lives the rest of her long life wondering what's missing in her life. Did Wakaki mean for her to eat shit with the ending?

Did we find out what happened to Kaori? You'd think that Keima would have an older yandere stalker

Nah. I think he just stuck to his Ending that he wrote at the start of the manga.

Ahhh the butthurt still going on is awesome.
Suck it Tenri/Haqua/Ayumi fags. Best girl won.

I think we can all agree Shiori best girl

That's also why she didn't confess in-story:
Because she actually had the chance to win.

I don't give a shit about her. He would have had to build her more to make that ending more palatable.

Not even mad, as long as Ayumifags lost. Everything else about the ending was shit though

the ending happened

this

Reminder that the ending was so shitty it forever cursed Wakaki's career.

It's a shame really, she was such a good girl

S2 finished airing at the worst possible time, bringing in dozens of animefags right in the middle of the intense as fuck Mercury duel.
Then we jumped straight into the Child Keima arc which ranged from okay to awful and the series just ended before it could recover.

I still grow nostalgic for the series from time to time.

This.

Also Time Travel arc was literal garbage. They spent all that arc showing how independent Keima was only for him to force an ending with one girl. He should’ve stayed alone and true to his nature.

The worse part was that he even explained that he was going to be with Chihiro to have the others give up on him. What was the point of all that?

Erasing her century long friendship with Elsie was an utterly bizarre decision on the author's part. Chihiro end made perfect sense to be, but that was so needless and pointlessly cruel.

This and her only other friends that were nice enough try to contact her during the entire story were dirty traitors or dead. All she has now is Nora, who she hates.

To me it got awful when the Goddess plot got introduced. It also never properly goes into the ramifications of trying to romance multiple girls at the same time and the dishonesty it details. Keima never truly receives a rightful comeuppance either regarding that. The devils and many side characters also just don't have enough focus or development. Tenri's ending is godawful when you consider the fact she could've developed to be a person who would forcefully win Keima's heart. That Keima fell in love with Chihiro though I don't actually mind, that had proper build-up consistent to the themes of the series and Keima's character.

Like compare Keima to Ken from Seitokai Ichizon. You have a masterfully intelligent autist savant in dating sims whereas you have an intelligent honest guy who also plays a lot of dating sims. Ken makes no grand plays regarding his desire for a harem, he makes it known up front to the girls he loves truthfully. He knows the plan is asinine, but goes through with it, because it is true to him. He fell in love with the girls at his lowest point and wishes to return that happiness. That he is attempting to woo many girls is not hidden and it is not used to invite drama when it gets exposed. He gets rebuked many times, but ultimately his goal is every girl's happiness and it becomes apparent in the work.

Keima however is nearly the opposite in behavior. He personally had no love for any of the girls he was charming, just appreciation. He had no plans for long-term relationships, just sweeping girls off their feet for the fleeting moment Elsie could do her job. Keima becomes considerably more dislikable as the plot advances and this trait becomes far more distinguished. Love could be said to be the one theme TWGOK tramples on. Rather it is focused on romance, empty ones. As well as a magical plot that brings up magical problems whose resolution is simply an obstacle for the protagonist Keima he must confront in his logical fashion.

Continued.

Keima ultimately was simply problem solving the entire series. The magical plot devices that made him go from nearly no relationships to over a dozen. However, those relationships were not to be built upon. Instead the problems continue to take focus. And when they are all said and done, Keima drops nearly all of them trivially. His development while significant is overall small. He makes a step towards the real world by falling in love with Chihiro. However he still holds his savant-like single-mindedness when considering his rejection to Tenri and his lack of care towards every other girl he wooed fleetingly.

It's not an ending that would leave a good taste in the mouth of anybody who appreciated any of the other girls.

TWGOK was not a series about girls, it was a series about Keima.

People are just mad because the best girl won and not the girl they're deluding themselves into thinking it's the best.

Say hello to Yokkyun

The ending was a disappointment. Not that I had some girl I wanted to win or disliked Chihiro's character, but since the original appeal was a serial harem where he went after a different girl every arc, I wanted something different than "and he settled down happily ever after with the winning 3D girl."

The ending really made Keima into a piece of shit. I could deal with him being an autist who has no idea how to leave in the 3D world, that was kinda the point of the character to begin with. But his sudden breakdown and how he just becomes a normalfag by settling with the "boring" girl (no offense to Chihiro fans) shows he's not a dumb autist, he's a plain fucking asshole.

The attempted time travel drama where Keima would probably have forgotten Elsie, who would then have retroactively become the evil superweapon because of the changes to the past where Dokuro never gave Elsie a place in the divine robe squad and all that stuff that was foreshadowed turned out to be too complicated for the author.

This, and also how the MC didn't care that much about romancing in the first place.

The ending was basically a huge fuck you to the fans. Could have literally picked anyone else.

For me it's not even just who he picked, its that everyone else gets fucking disregarded complete, especially the demons.

Wasn't the point of the Chihiro end that it was a pseudo-open end though?
His whole goal was to get with a normal girl just for the sake of it so that his life would continue on as is, and then you had that scene of some of the other girls being all like "I'm not giving up" etc basically showing that his life wasn't going to be peaceful and he wouldn't be able to play his games uninterrupted.
I wanted an Elsie end anyway.

I'll admit that's part of it too. He wrote the ending entirely ignoring what the fan base wanted.

Admittedly that's what you have to do this time, but I think they resent him for it considering the mature of the work.

The author is a hack, he did the past arc then just dumped it all and ended it.
No demon world arc, no crazy knife cutter chick, no further growth fo the characters.
Fuck the hack.

Elsie got the perfect end.

This. I grew up on this and Hayate no Gotuku so the pain was doubled

I'm not talking about the fan base, I'm talking about the characters. Everyone lost, even Chihiro cuz she's dating an autist.

It honestly felt like a rushed ending. I understand what he wanted to go for with the time travel arc, even if I thought it was a massive waste of time aside from the very last bit where he sets things up for himself, but there absolutely needed to be an entire arc dedicated to cooling things down afterwards. Resolve everything for all the girls, devils, and goddesses instead of giving them one-page scenes.

I don't know, the whole "I deus ex myself into your family" doesn't sit right with me. It would have been a much better end for her had she been simply accepted into the family despite having no blood relation to them as opposed to an in universe retcon making it so.

Can you imagine how great the catharsis would be if there were a scene where Keima explicitly accepted her as his real sister, especially after he so adamantly denied it throughout the series?

The problem is, as long as she's not blood-related, she would thus still be a potential love interest. By having the universe be changed so that she became his twin sister, she gets removed from the Keima bowl.

But who knows, had the author managed to plan out the time travel arc, it might have felt more organic, instead of just dumping it in the end to wrap it up because of the growing clusterfuck that the arc proved to be.

Exactly at "when the sun goes down"

Haqua was Wakaki's self-insert. He accidentally ended up predicting his own fall into obscurity along with hers.

The entire ending was a rushed, poorly thought out shitfest. I'm not even talking about who won. It's like Wakaki just suddenly threw his arms in the air, said "I'm done", and walked out the door, leaving his assistants to cobble together the ending chapters from plot points he left behind on wadded up napkins

When there are 20 horses in the game, 20 people are interested. When one horse wins, one person is happy.

How about one person has a mild interest in horse racing and doesn't really root for anyone in particular and while the build up to the ending was interesting, the ending had one horse win, as expected. You can't really complain until they euthanize the other horses. At least that's how it was for me.

sensei a best
she just wanted to play with onii-chan