Christ, I wish someone had told me "read it, don't watch it"...

Christ, I wish someone had told me "read it, don't watch it". This whole chimera ant arc has been loaded with narrator exposition over still images. Why even adapt the manga to anime if you're going to show me still images while some fucker explains what's happening rather than showing me?

I'm pretty sure people tell you to read the manga in every HXH thread. You just didn't listen because you're an animefag and need your voice acting and color.

I hate exposition so fucking much. That's why I will never be a big fan of Togashi or Nasu.

I'm more offended by how bad the writing is in the arc rather than the retarded narration. Komugi was literally one-dimensional and her relationship with Meruem was forced as fuck. And also rushed, they had barely any character interaction but the finale suggested it was an epic romance, it was just melodramatic but of course brainlets fell for it. Gon "sacrificing his potential/nen" only to be healed the next arc by a character that wasn't even introduced yet was also retarded.

I understand losing a friend made him angry but why does that make Gon a good character? That happens in literally every shonen, except not as pretentious and asspully as in HxH. And he doesn't even change because of it, he's back to his old usual self. Zero character development for Gon. Netero barely did anything before this arc, his backstory was just shoved in before he died. The big "intellectual" battle between Netero and Meruem just consisted of "I'll hit him until he makes a mistake" which is just common sense, not really some big strategic thing as the visuals suggest. HxH is like the pseudo-intellectual's dream, not as mainstream as One Piece or Naruto so they get to feel like special snowflakes even though the writing is trash. HxH fanbase are the same people who think Bioshock Infinite is deep.

THIS.

I tell every fag out there to read it but then they just reply with “not reading scribbles lol”.

(You)

most of those scenes are just walls of text in the manga, so it's bad either way

>can't refute any of it

kek

so what if Netero didn't have much story? he's not one of the main characters. komugi and ant king didn't need a fully fleshed out romance it was only meant to show the philosophy of grey area between ants and humans. gon doesn't need to change immediately, so what if he didn't change from all that? too many dumb expectations

nah you're better off with the anime

the same shit is in the manga and at least you have the artwork drawn properly

When is watching the anime ever a better idea than reading the source material?

>every anime has to be perfect

Nah.

3/10 apply yourself

yeah man just read the manga it's great :^]

see

Nice try countering all his points oh wait---

The shitty art is pretty funny. Togashi just sucks at writing. YYH and HxH are sloppily written trainwrecks

DELETE THIS! HUNTER X HUNTER IS A DEEP MATURE DARK DECONSTRUCTION MASTERPIECE! GON BEING ANGRY MEANS HE IS A DEVELOPED CHARACTER EVEN THOUGH HE STILL ACTS THE SAME AFTER THAT ONE ARC. TOGASHI IS A GENIUS BECAUSE HE'S NOT AS MAINSTREAM AS KUBO AND KISHIMOTO

>Why even adapt the manga to anime if you're going to show me still images while some fucker explains what's happening
Because that's what the manga does too.
The anime even remove some of the narration.

So why does everyone suck this manga's dick so hard?

It's really good.

pretentious pseudo-intellectuals that want to seem deep. notice how none of them are able to refute any criticism of their manga but still pretend it's amazing. anything to fit in with the hivemind

Because despite it’s flaws, it’s a fun adventure manga.

>implying the manga is any better
I wonder if the HxHfags here even realize that manga in general is supposed to be sequential art story-telling medium. If every page of your manga with talking heads dumping exposition with a few still images that barely work in synergy, you might as well not bother publishing in this format anymore, and it has only gotten worse in the current arc. Togashi should finish the story as a LN where he illustrates a few images, or release the whole thing as a novel.

You can't refute dumb opinions, only ignore them.

>Let me give advice to a best selling manga author. Surely he can learn from me.

>it's a fun adventure manga where you're mostly told about the adventure instead of seeing it, even though show-don't-tell is the bread and butter of action manga
That's so Avant-garde user, that's totally not missing the point of the medium!

Other shonen manga barely take advantage of the medium though, especially contemporary ones. They all have piss poor composition and art flows like shit.

>popularity = quality

Fucking idiot.

Togashi always loses focus and shits the bed. Same thing when Yusuke became a demon. Hunter Hunter just has more appeal because it's made by Madhouse and it had a lot of edgy scenes. It's a bit like Rick & Morty, people who want to seem smart circlejerk over it but all it is is mediocre fun.

But why suddenly change medium halfway through a story? Do you think your suggestion makes any kind of logical sense?
I don't think you do.

If he listened to >me, he would be selling on Toriyama's/Oda's league without losing the pseudo-intellectual crowd, and he would advance the story at a faster pace.

>it's a bit like Rick & Morty
probably the most accurate way to describe hunter x hunter's fanbase

Obviously counselling Togashi is beneath you, you should go directly to Japan and start publishing a manga/LN or whatever floats your boat. A superior mind like yours will surely outsell everyone on the market in a matter of months.
I'm looking forward to seeing your genius displayed.

This is like saying a better artist can instantly outsell Katy Perry albums simply by producing something of higher quality. That's not how the market works; rather that's now how consumers work.

Such common sense doesn't apply to you.

I like HxH and hate Bioshock Infinite
what now fagboy?

brainlet

You’re a togashicuck, not much else to be said concerning that.

>Other shonen manga barely take advantage of the medium though, especially contemporary ones
No objection from me there, but that doesn't mean Togashi should get platitudes for his wrongs when my point is about what could improve his manga. I actually like his paneling and art-style when he tries. If he eased up on the endless info-dumps, trusted his audience to deduct what the characters are feeling based on their expressions and context, and let the battles flow instead of pointlessly narrating their thoughts every panel it would make for a more dynamic read.

1. you got the wrong user there
2. I don't realistically expect Togashi to switch mediums mid-way just to finish the story (though with just the readers's interest in mind it's not an unreasonable suggestion given the current pace of chapters release). I just made a remark about him not fully utilizing the strengths of the mediums he chose to write in. Figures some members of a fanbase that prides itself on the intelligence of the story they're enjoying (and themselves by proxy) would miss the sarcastic tone.