FLIP FLAPPERS

Alright I just finished watching pic related.

I rate it 10/10 on the basis of the following:
1. Art style
2. Atmosphere
3. Characters
4. Sound and production quality

When I first started watching this anime I was immediately enamored with it, and made a thread here expressing that. Many anons told me I would change my mind, and referred vaguely to the plot in the second half of the season.

Personally, I had no major problems with the plot. Certainly it was somewhat confusing and arguably had pacing issues, but it's not as if this series was trying to be some psychological thriller. In any case, plot was not the selling point. My immense enjoyment of the series was derived from the things listed above.

Overall, I consider this unquestionably AOTY 2016, unless I am somehow overlooking a superior series.

I look forward to rewatching it.

Please post your own opinion of flip flappers ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/151765421/
docs.google.com/document/d/1op4t5YrC1QoCRy7pW3z0n5clS9Vi694vZbS7wByisU4/edit#heading=h.n9ae1mp5ejop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

subscribed

It was good and this character was very important

The best example of squandered potential.

Also I forgot to admit that I shed a tear during the last episode

Sorry, is my post beneath the usual quality of this imageboard? Please refer to the last sentence of my op

Personally I give it an 8.5/10. Though I don't mind where the plot went in the latter portion, I think the shift in tone between the earlier and later episodes was carried badly by awkwardly fast pacing.

Hey man, i'll happily read your blogs since you're a fellow flip flap fan user.Why dont you tell us about you're favorite characters/episodes/etc.

You rate it 10/10 on the basis of your cherrypicked categories, okay.
At least you're honest about it.

Uhh well I was surprised by how much I came to like the staff at Flip Flap

I dunno, I'm more interested in hearing other's opinions. I've already said what I wanted to say

>Hidamari Sketch didn't have enough action
>The romance in Non Non Biyori was awful

>characters
Which were awful.
>window dressing criteria
Okay.

elaborate

Honestly I didn't really like much besides the art and animation but that alone was enough to pull me through it. 6.5/10

Also the last two episodes fell flat comepletely for me because the art was thrown out the window due to time restraints and limited staff (cant remember exact details, it was on some studio blog or something similar I think)

It went to shit in the last act(s).

Didn't they change writers?

I was going to write something else but fuck it

If you're a retarded shit that didn't know about this show until a couple of weeks ago there's a very good chance your opinion on what is or is not AOTY 2016 is irrelevant.

I already posted my opinion of flip flappers in your last thread

I knew about it, for some reason I thought it was mainly a comedy and never picked it up

I'm surprised you can remember a thread that I made weeks ago

You admitted the plot being confusing and that there were pacing issues, then you disregarded those entirely to get your 10/10 rating based on your cherrypicked categories even though those issues do not warrant a 10/10 rating.
You can rate anything 10/10 like that.

Are you one of those pretentious guys who thinks comedy is beneath you? Also out of curiosity what are some of your all time favorite, and recent anime you've liked a lot?

You're thinking about this far too systematically

Literally any work of art will be evaluated based on "cherrypicked categories"

From my perspective and enjoyment, a 10/10 rating is warranted

No, I have no problem with comedy. It's just not something I tend to seek out or spend time watching

I don't want to derail the thread by bringing up other anime

Yeah I think so

>unless I am somehow overlooking a superior series.
It's called Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Flip Flappers is great though.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/151765421/
Sup Forums's objective AOTY 2016

It was the AOTY of niwaka who only watch 3 anime a year. If you filter the results properly you see no true Sup Forums cared about it. That being said, it's an alright show.

But if a rating is purely subjective it's also meaningless , it's just a way of you saying "I love this", it's not a rating.

Well "my perspective" is inherently subjective. I'm not pretending otherwise.

Sure, but a rating usually implies a partly objective perspective.
For example you could judge all those categories:
>Animation and Visuals
>Music, Sound, and Voice Acting
>Story and Writing
>Pacing and Atmosphere
>Characters and Interactions
>Personal Enjoyment
You could give a rating for each of them and then calculate your final score based of them by weighing your categories or something.
Your personal enjoyment is still in there but it's not the final measure, it's just one category.

it's where the really feeling that writer change came from

It got second place in the 5,10,15,20 and 25 shows per season watched as well.Dont make it sound like it wasn't even ranked.

Watch more anime.

I don't think posting the names of a couple of anime will derail anything, I'm not asking for an analysis of what you enjoyed about them I was just wondering.

>4. Sound and production quality
I don't terribly mind the other categories, but this literally makes you sound like a fool.

How can I subscribe to your anime blog?

Like 80% of what I watch could be considered SOL

Categories were provided in order of importance. Perhaps I should have instead said: 5. Production quality
6. Music

I guess my rating system is just pure illusion

>Perhaps I should have instead said: 5. Production quality
>6. Music
Yes, that makes you sound like much less of a faggot.

Stop being so vague. You're only fueling my curiosity. Are you a sadist? Is that why you're doing this to me? I really want to know now.

>PLEASE POST YOUR OWN OPINION OF FLIP FLAPPERS ITT

just visit Sup Forums frequently my friend

a-are either of these posts sarcastic

Mine isn't but the other is

>flip flapers didn't have excellent production quality

mediocre in general tho desu

>overlooking rakugo which was by far the most superior show of the year
flip fags, I swear

I liked this show a lot, it had a simple take on complex issues and did its job well. The Mad Max and last episodes were "kino" as fuck

The swimsuits were good.

>Many anons told me I would change my mind, and referred vaguely to the plot in the second half of the season.
The only ones who shit against FF's plot are
1) people that hate plots and think any anime is only watching cute girls doing cute things
2) people that, for some unexplained reason, convinced themselves that the anime wasn't even supposed to have a plot in the first place
Now you know you never have to trust Sup Forums.

> it was somewhat confusing
If you think *this* is confusing, I really hope you never watch anything by Ikuhara

>Please post your own opinion
Take your survey bullshit elsewhere. It's against the rules on Sup Forums.

Nice chart but ReCreators was legitimately bad

>people that, for some unexplained reason, convinced themselves that the anime wasn't even supposed to have a plot in the first place
This. The people complaining have clearly watched very few 12 episode original anime before. Also that image is surprisingly accurate in my experience.

I really wanted it not to be. I liked not-Patchy's character at first. Then the writing just started spraying shit everywhere in the middle, and didn't let up. So disappointing. And hard-to-draw did not deserve to live lesbians ever after with her imaginary goddess. She killed that generic precure.

>I liked it because of art style, atmosphere, characters, sound, production quality and plot
>"""cherrypicked categories"""
>I didn't like it because it didn't cater to my personal shitty tastes
>reasonable criticism

I'm with you on this. It's hard to imagine such a pile of shit is by the same guy who did a classic like Black Lagoon.

That's not how quotation marks work.

Good on you to watch it yourself. Time to join the in laughing at the "b-but plot holes" and "it didnt show anything resembling plot in earlier episodes!".

Yes, I suppose I too must concede that watching it before posting about it on Sup Forums is above the lowered standards of the current year. But god damn, is OP ever a faggot.

>I consider this unquestionably AOTY 2016
Great. Your taste agrees with us. Please, come in.

Ya op needs to go back to redit! kek

Do you mean the meme arrows?

The finale of FlipFlap was so terrible, even in animation, It took my AOTY/S to something I hate even thinking about. Completely dropped the ball.

>Re:Creators
>Mayoiga
Also watched those, that were complete shit after a good start. What kind of bait shit is this?

>after a good start

>muh plot

Just finished ep 12.
My brain hurts.

It's a story about espers doing esper shit not exactly confusing

>Cockona

What's under Kokona's skirt?

Cute white panties. You can see them for a split second in several scenes.

Well, I believe the answer is obvious

You mean pure illusion?

>4. Sound and production quality
I think it's really underrated how great the sound in this series is. Listen to their transformations with headphones and BD quality. The close-up gunshot in episode 3 or Yuyus machine gun in episode 5.

A delicious cock and a cute little scrotum.

exactly

Can someone explain to me how episodee 2 is supposedly about Coconas first menses? Yes, i get the rabbit, but I recall there was more with the whole machine they get trapped in.

I unironically agree.
I gave it a 9/10 and think it's the best show to come out in the past 2 years. Rakugo Shinjuu is a very close second.

Sorry, but I need answers to this.

It's great, no need to go full MAL.

I would nyu her nyus with extreme prejudice.

This. OP reeks of MAL faggotry.
FLFL was great, there is no need to fag it up with out-of-ten scores like a newfriend.

Shit ending
Shit story
Shitty characters
Honestly feel bad about finishing this waste of time

Amazing visuals.
Great combats.
Unique levels of virtual reality.
Stop being pessimist. Every anime have their pros and cons.

>Episodes 1-8
10/10
>Episodes 9-13
Garbage/10

You cannot refute this. Try as you might the number 883 is the only legacy this unfortunate waste of potential left.

>the only legacy this unfortunate waste of potential left
I refuted the entirety of this post.

can i get a quick rundown on flip flappers?

all ratings are subjective you mong

3hz made my choice of AotY 2 years in a row.
These fuckers know exactly what I'm into.

Good taste user. This is a masterpiece and whoever says otherwise is a faggot.

>menses
who?

Fuck, you're right. I forgot about the meme.

The menarche. Come one, this is an intellectual animé, you should know that.

Shitty yuri bait

Inception meets Panty & Stocking

It was top tier up until Mimi showed up and the show started to have a "main plot". God, it was bad. The twist was also meh.
Episode 5 was absolutely fucking stunning, its probably one of the few times I felt legit unnerved by an anime series.

Watched the BDs last year. It wasn't amazing, but it was worthwhile. I'll forget about it eventually, but it has some staying power at least.

>Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>Good
Im not defending Flip Floppers but you sure have shit taste man.

I only liked episode 5 and one or two others. It was mostly style over substance and the last few episodes were garbage

Has anyone a link to that huge document explaining the entirety of all the references and psychological themes of this anime? You know, similar to these charts.

Sure docs.google.com/document/d/1op4t5YrC1QoCRy7pW3z0n5clS9Vi694vZbS7wByisU4/edit#heading=h.n9ae1mp5ejop here.

>10/10

It started off promising with a great show-not-tell approach then ruined everything in the second half. Art style and sound production/quality are stellar but storytelling-wise Flip Flappers was a let-down.

Thanks user! One day I will sit down and actually read it.

Stunning visual imagery