Junji Ito Collection

Tomorrow's the day. How many of you are actually looking forward to this? Being I'm a pretty die hard fan, I'm curious to see what other works will be showcased in anime form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dA-wP9lrYzg
theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/23/us-student-rescued-giant-vagina-sculpture-germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apparently the first story will be comedic or something.

Oh, so it's gonna be Soichi then? Interesting. I'd figure they'd do the shorter stories first like Slug Girl or Fashion Model to gear people up for the others, being they're full-fledged series.

Yeah

Soichi: Mitsuya Yuji
Koichi: Hosoya Yoshimasa
Sayuri: Saito Yuka

>director of diabolik lovers
no thanks

Actually I am. They will never be as good as the manga versions but whatever, I want to see what their take is.

Oh definitely, that goes without saying. I recall in the original poster that Long Dream and Hanging Balloons might be in the catalogue as well. Now THOSE are gonna be something to look out for!

bumped

Requesting source on the pic
I've read plenty of Ito, but not that one.

I believe that one's suppose to be a bonus story from Uzumaki. Forget the name of it, but I believe it had something to do with the galaxies in their solar system being a spiral.

You must be pretty retarded if you've read a lot of Ito and managed to miss this one.

Will we get doujin?

S-sure

I'm just wondering how the animation will go to the OP song. It's already one of my favorites from next season.
youtube.com/watch?v=dA-wP9lrYzg

Wouldn't be surprised if there's been Tomie doujin for some time. If not then, they'll definitely be some soon.

Sounds pretty lit.
I bet it will be a slide show of the monstrosities in different bright colors.

Yotsutsuji no Bishounen: Midorikawa Hikaru

Iirc Slug girl, Oshikiri, Souichi, fashion model, lovesick dead are confirmed. Maybe other ones too that I forgot.

Oshikiri: Shimono Hiro

Tomie too

Show me the "best" Ito ending you got Sup Forums

Fuchi: Koyama Mami

Tomie: Suegara Rie

Horror just doesn't translate really well in animated form and looks like DEEN is being pretty lazy at it too. At least we'll finally have Slug Girl animated.

My wife

my wife is better than your wife

They really got the two faces Junji Itou does for his characters down well

Always beautiful.

why the fuck this bitch has an aura which make any males who interacted with her went insane and tried to kill her?
At first she only has the immortal quirks

Oh god, she's so hot I wanna chop her to pieces.

the animation is so bad my god

She's an independent strong japanese woman who don't need no man.
Misoginist chinks can't handle that.

>those toes
this must be one of those deformed, mutated tomie clones

Becuase horror doesn't need to make sense

>Space hobo will never be animated

This but unironically.

Recommend some Ito, please. I read Spirals, Tomie, Hellstar Remina, Gyo, Mystery if Amigara Fault, Human Chair, the one where the girl sews people together and the one where the man is actually a centipede made from heads of all his male ancestors.

Fuck yeah Souichi, my favourite dumbass.

His Frankenstein adaptation is one of my favorites, especially for the way he draws the monster.

I'll try it, thanks.

I absolutely love this OP. OPOTY

DRR DRR

seconding this.

user no, it’s Long Dream

salute if you rmb by pure memory, i rmb the plot alright but never the names

Is each episode 20+ minutes? I remember most of his stories being pretty short.

Holy shit did they get her face right. Hope it's as good in motion.

it would be great if they combine Souchi stories starting from his youth and met his demise

Her eyes are freaking me out, the fuck is wrong with them?

me IRL

Really hoping Enigma of Amigara Fault will be animated: theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/23/us-student-rescued-giant-vagina-sculpture-germany

How will you guys react if this gets adapted, even better if its done in sub 30 seconds just to make it even more confusing as fuck.

Wait, how did he get stuck there?

dun dun dun

It's a long story.

I just hope they don't fuck it up like they did with Gyo.

>Souichi and Toumi
doesnt that almost fill the full season already

Hold up, how will they adapt Tomie? Isn't it a long ass series? Or will they just adapt the first chapter or a few?

Its like 2 volumes if they do every story with her which is like 4-6 episodes

Will it have the guy squeezing out the grease over a girl?

Was it really that short? For some reason I remember it much longer, but I read it like 5 years ago so I really don't remember.

I hope we get the human shaped walls, that was always one of my favourites. I got Tomie the other day, I heard the 3DPD movie franchise is actually pretty good but I was wondering how Sup Forums ranks it with the rest of Ito's work?

I have a feeling the omnibus viz just released in English has the stories that will be in this anime, and that was one of them.

He's living the dream.

I hope they do the one about the cursed red spot or whatever it was called. Those two were hot.

All of it.

All I want is to see the Red Balloon episode, maybe animated I will understand it.

did souichi do anything wrong

Can't fucking wait.
Also Mimi's Kaidan, Hellstar Remina and Black Paradox adaptation when?
Also...holy fuck Uzumaki three cour animu when!?

fucking manlet...he never learns.

The complete edition of Tomie is like 700 pages.

It's one of the larger manga volumes I own. Probably in second place with A Drifting Life in terms of size.

>19h 46m away

This hurts more than it should.

Don't worry

To be honest I think horror works far better as manga rather than anime. I'm gonna try to keep my expectations low.

There's no excuse to be shorter than 8'.

I thought Tomie was gonna be a bluray ova?
Also pv looked kinda... Terrible.

Horror generally is really hard to translate to anything really, because you want to elicit emotion pure emotion, and that's hard
This age where gore, revulsion = horror is just sad

I can't really tell why, but the Soichi stories feel special to me. I thibk it's the rural, family setting, and that the stories are creepy yet still comfy

I always think Ito's best short stories are when they have a hiking or camping background to them. See the time traveling cannibal bird for example or the human shaped holes in the mountain.

hellstar remina would make a great movie if they get a good team of animators on it

Gonna get shit but Hellstar would make good live action.

Will they animate THIS HOLE WAS MEANT FOR ME? Seems like a story that cant really translate as well to video imo

If this series becomes successful enough, guaranteed it will. Same with Uzumaki.

I dont remember the name of it but i hope they animate the one where they collect crystal balls from another dimension

black paradox

>this and devilman in the same week
Anime is finally saved from that garbage 2017

will they adapt the balloon story? oh i sure hope they're gonna adapt the balloon story. i fucking love the balloon story.

Wait, which storie is this one from?

Hope the dad stuck under a house gets adapted.

One from the Oshikiri arc, penpal

Ehh i dont know, even if its the most human driven conflict of the itos stories there still is alot of cosmic horror that I dont think would look good at all in cgi. That and the flying around in the final parts would just look goofy in live action especially japan's special effects.

There's no way this is going to be good