The average HxH fan literally thinks this scene would have been better if it was interspliced with a flashback on how...

The average HxH fan literally thinks this scene would have been better if it was interspliced with a flashback on how All Might trained to do this punch every day for 50 years and a narrator acknowledging everything that's happening while explaining a convoluted power system.

This style of exposition where you rely on a narrator to tell explain everything that's happening, instead of being clever and displaying the information visually or having the wit to foreshadow this stuff is fucking awful. HxH is fucking awful. Pokemon is fucking awful. Kaiji is fucking awful. Bobobo gets a pass because this style of storytelling works within the inherent goofiness of the series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw
mangastream.mangaon.club/blog/79
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do Hunterfags think we hate them?

Stop trying to make a shitpost war between BnHA and any other shounen.
Go fuck yourself.

the narration meme worked amazingly in the manga, just didn't translate very well into the anime

based. huntards are just a bunch of pretentious autistic virgin fedora tippers neckbeards who think that walls of text = good writing

Shhh, it's okay user. One day Hori will get there. Just have faith.

HxH is just a generic "humans are the true monster" shit # 1827396652 from an uninspired nihilist with no originality.

Why Hunterfags hate BnHA too much?

>he doesn't understand that it's just a bunch of shonenfaggots pretending to like other shows
It's above Madokafag levels of falseflagging and constantly falling for bad bait.

They're too scared to go after a real masterpiece classic like OP so they target a new series.

Reeks of bait

>salesfaggots

>bnha
>the rick and Morty of anime

Glad I dropped this.

No fuck you. Every fucking time someone talks about BnHA some faggot comes in here and makes a comment about Rick and Morty. Check the archive, you've been doing it for fucking months you massive faggot. Your obsessed with dissing on and you need to fucking stop

Don't fall for obvious bait.

>One Piece
>Masterpiece Classic
kek

Why do OPfags always try to shit on BNHa and HxH? Don' you have better things to do?

>HxH protagonist is 11 years old
>hunter fags think this is some deep and complex aspect of Gon's character
>in reality this is to appeal to the expected teenage middle school/elementary school audience which loves battle shonen like every other fucking battle shonen

youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw

>Kaiji is fucking awful.
Fuck you. Kaiji is great. Much better then shit fucking BnHA.

>25 minute analysis of a child in a battle shonen

He's just trying to start shitpost wars on all sides. Ignore him and the other HxH thread that OP used as a copypasta

I think a show better fitting for you would be dragon ball super, it doesn't make you think, it just mindless repeated power-ups so it will fit your tastes better.

>
>
>Falseflagging this blatantly
W E W L A D D I E
E
W

L
A
D
D
I
E

as to hunter? Is the strong point of hunter the complex battle system?

HxH succeeded to have a deeper and more complex shounen. Gray morality, parallels, simbology, cerebral fighting scenes, huge character development, warfare, politics and an anti-climatic endings.

completely agree brother, HxH is the epitome of our genre. It's so sad that most people aren't smart enough to appreciate it

>Sprinkle your series with pseudo intellectual, half baked philosophical bullshit
>>teenage middle school/elementary school audience starts calling it deep and meaningful
Yo hol up
TOGASHI IS A GENIUS. Unironically. He knows his market. He knows teenagers barely read any book and slapping them with some “this is human nature” pseudo philosophy works wonders

>worked amazingly in the manga
It's not. Show, don't tell.

salesfags

it's just Toga being a lazy piece of shit. He needs to spread out his message across many more panels or yeah show not tell, but he just crams it all into one page because fuck it, he knows his fans will eat it up

Hunterfags ACTUALLY think this is deep.

Stop this.

>words are bad

>guys war is bad! Humanity is bad!
fucking level 1 philosophy shit right there

Reminder that JoJo>>>HxH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BNHA

This arc shows both the negative and positive sides of humans, and as far as I know the heartwarming moments stand out the most for being the most powerful.

let us patricians not fight amonst ourselves and just make fun of the BnHA fags with their 4/10 manga.

>i only like to gaze at pretty drawings
As expected from a heroshitter.

I really don't get why people hate on Togashis exposition.
Sure some of the time he does spell out to the reader too much what is going on but most of the time it's to show the characters thought process.
You can't deny that it's one of the reasons why HxH gets praise. Togashi's characters think a lot more about the situatuions they are in instead of just fighting their way out of everyting.
It helps to flesh them out, and lets be honest here, HxH is mostly a character driven series.

Fuck you. If Togashi wrote 3 volumes per year, he would've sold more than Wan Piss.
You're manga is fucking trash and will never come close to HxH quality and intelligent writing. Yorkshin alone shits on every Wan Piss arc.

>implying HxH isn't nothing more than a 5/10 manga, while JoJo as a whole is a 10/10 masterpiece

Man I hope kurapika gets his revenge before he dies

>told HxH is a masterpiece
>check it out
>first arc is literally just pokemon tier "I want to become a hunter/trainer because this is when my dad did it!"
>Gon has no personality at all, doesn't give the slightest shit about his missing dad or mother, it's had no impact on him at all, not addressed
>arc is nothing but an exam that finishes in a tournament arc that is skipped because protagonist conveniently blacks out
>second art is beyond pointless with hilarious power creep out the ass
>Killua is barely better than Gon, just is hyper autistic because of his upbringing and his experience friendship for the first time with Gon is mysterious to him
>his child abuse filled upbringing involving literal torture is brushed off cause he's "just so cool it doesn't even phase him"
>third arc is a literal tournament arc in heaven's arena
>Gon has the slightest of character development with wanting to be strong to beat Hisoka because Gon is a psychopath and gets off on the idea of someone wanting to fucking kill him and so he has to be stronger
>literally Goku tier "I like the villian cause he's a challenge"
>climax of the subplot and fight, latter of which is genuinely brilliant, it ruined by Hisoka having a fucking orgasm
>next tier is "narration, the arc" with revenge character
>power creep goes to 11 with the world mob being hyped up and then cast aside by the phantom troupe who easily break in but then is outplayed by a mysterious nobody who ends up being the hyped of "shadow beasts" who get cast aside by a bulletproof spider who wipes the floor with them while the others play cards before revenge character comes in and the rest get defeated due to "overconfidence" and the troupe gets the treasure because one of the shadow beasts is a retard/massive overconfident like his retarded teammates
what a massive fucking waste of time. The fans say it finally gets good after this but being four arcs and 60 episodes in this is naruto tier battle shonen bullshit.

Both are entertaining manga

SBR is no Chimera Ant arc Jojobabby.

HxH is just the contrarian's One Piece. That's it.

The phantom troupe escaping team rocket style on a fucking hot air balloon was hilarious stupid

One Piece is just HxH for people with single-digit IQ.

>greentexting to prove my point

Why not rank the arcs and JoJo parts.
Chimera ant=steel ball run>Yorknew> Diamond is in breakable> Election arc> Greed island>Hunter Exam> stone ocean> Golden wind>Tower> Battle tendency>Zoldyck>stardust crusaders> Phantom blood

what really annoys me is how every ypes up hxh and then when you ask them when it gets good they tell you the fucking ant arc or greed island. If the shit doesn't get good for 50 episodes it's fucking shit.

Why do certain people feel the need each story needs to be told a certain way for it to be good?

I didn't say HxH is bad, you inbred mongoloid, I said that stack up, pretentious bitch-made morons like you hype it up to be the best shonen around, when One Piece is clearly better and you're just butthurt cause it's more recognised.

also 100% this

York New managed to explore complex humane themes in a mature and intelligent manner, with the help of vivid imagery, subtle symbolism and parallels, as well as interesting characters and tons of plotting. Just to name a few:
>revenge
>acquiescence
>betrayal
>moral relativity
>friendship and camaraderie

Your lack of taste in the things aesthetic is insulting to me. You are just some dumb 2011 anime baby who will never appreciate how good is HxH (literally seinen level).

>One Piece is clearly better
How? Every arc is the same shit with 1vs1 fights and epic new powers.

HxH 2011 trully killed the good fanbase HxH had. Well it was predictable.

>revenge, betrayal, friendship, camaraderie
>any of these being complex theme
>acquiescence
>"the reluctant acceptance of something without protest."

It's didactic as hell and assumes the audience are stupid. It's annoying. Also, exposition is different from character narration overall because the characters have a bias you can analyze based on their description and thoughts. That's not the case with Togashi.

>pre-2011
>hunter fags like their shit but accept it's flawed
>post-2011
>hunter fandom is flooded with normies
>accept the meme that hxh is the epitome of anime
>defend every aspect of the show to the death despite how meaningless it might be
that's the secret, hxh is the ultimate normie bait.

That is a gross oversimplification.

it explains way too much. I love hunter but I've lost count of how many times I've had obvious shit flat out explained to me in his fucking manga. He treats his audience like they are fucking retards who can't read context clues to save their lives. Which is amazingly ironic

I used to like Boku no Hero until the fans started getting real fucking obnoxious. Fuck fandoms.

>HxH is not an easy series to translate by any means. Not only is it extremely text-heavy, but often also worded very ambiguously, with complex grammar and vocabulary; especially so in the current arc where Togashi is throwing one complex scenario into the mix after another, along with dictionary-styled explanations for them all.

Keep reading your kiddyshit, OPtard

>no source

I like both Jojo and BnHA though. I mean, both the mangkas Hirohiko Araki and Kohei Horikoshi are westabous for different parts of the west, so I find them interesting. HxH, however, doesn't really have much nuance with its extreme didacticism and assumes that the audience are retards that need hand holding. That's what primarily turned me off from the series at least

>creates a ridiculously complex arc and shows it step by step explaining carefully all that's happening
>lowiq fags says it's 'didactic' because it's not enough fightan shit for their attention span

That's from Mangastream. The translators were literally sweating because HxH was getting increasingly more difficult to translate.

mangastream.mangaon.club/blog/79

>The translators were literally sweating because HxH was getting increasingly more difficult to translate
sad that it translate into such a shitty story then

>Ad hominem
>calls me an lowiq fag because I believe in the BASIC RULE for writing of showing and not telling
(You)

Is this why viz won't release volume 34 until march?

Sure, user, sure

You're one of those brainlets who internalized the rule of 'show don't tell' so much that they won't even think about narration and exposition before labeling it as shit writing. And parrot that rule because it's the first and only thing they ever bothered to learn about writing. It's a stylistic choice in HxH, and also necessary because there's just so much going on internally for so many characters. Not that an Jojo/Bnhafag would know anything about good characters.

the pedophilic clown who has a fetish for battle in a battle shonen and frequently orgasms on screen one time in a fight with a literal child makes it extra sophisticated

Alot of you writing class rejects abuse that phrase so much

not him but narration isn't bad if it's not crammed into a single fucking page. Toga is notorious for being lazy

Whoever told you that makes it "complex" is probably a troll. And you're an idiot for for taking him seriously.

So? There's an unwritten, unquestionable rule of writing to SHOW and not TELL in fucking paragraph long essays that remind you of the shitty literature you had to read in high school like "the Scarlet Letter."
Also
>>dictionary-styled explanations
>being a sign of good writing and good execution of events
By employing that kind of writing, Togashi just assumes that people who like HxH are MOSTLY retarded children who need to be explained everything.

not to mention that's not what makes translation hard. It's just the inherent difference between languages that makes it difficult. You could write incredibly simple and it would still be hard to translate because of the difference between english and japanese

Togashi is notorious for being a genius. Some brainlets just hate him because they hate words.

That's what I was implying. Narration is good, as long as its brief and gets to the point.

>that image
holy shit I thought the HxH being Rick and Morty obsessed fans that look way too much into their cartoon was a fucking meme

I hope you're baiting because that chart is just summarizing the plot threads in the manga, not looking deep into anything. It isn't even up to date.

To be fair, I see why someone would make this to be useful as reference for fans. Togashi literally introduced most of these elements in the course of one volume.
If you thought Pirates of the Carribean was bad with that kind of thing...

>There's an unwritten, unquestionable rule of writing to SHOW and not TELL.

This is where you lost it. Only complete amateurs treat that as some sacrosanct code written in stone. Certain information can't be given through visuals alone and leaving the audience to just assume what's going on leads to a lot of false conclusions and misinterpretation. I rather everyone be on the same page than asking stupid questions.

>ant shitter is literally a commie
>le humans are le evil
>that's the epitome of writing of the series

t. HxH brainlet
I just listed a primary discrepancy I had with HxH. I don't like to be patronized. Moreover, fuck you too, I guess. I'm arguing for more ambiguity here because didacticism as a whole is generally accepted to be a terrible method of writing. You kinda have to be aware of that before employing literary conventions such as Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey," subtle allegories, nuanced characterization, and general execution of the main themes that you desire to convey. Otherwise, you're just writing analysis of your own novel/work while half-hazardly attempting to write said novel in the mean time. It's like trying to put gas in a car while still driving it. It doesn't really work unless it's brief and to the point or if it's for the sake of imagery in a book.

>Also, exposition is different from character narration overall because the characters have a bias you can analyze based on their description and thoughts. That's not the case with Togashi.
The majority of the exposition that people harp on happened during the latter half of the Chimera Ants arc with the densest being that of the Palace raid. Outside of that large text blocks occupy either worldbuilding infodumps, or character exposition.

So you are getting the character narration which comes from biased sources, it's what fuels a lot of the internal conflicts as characters don't have perfect knowledge and you can get a feel for their experiences based on the conclusions they draw. But ultimately how much text you are willing to tolerate is based on your preferences. I agree that Togashi can be wordy at times but overall I don't mind it as it adds to the experience for me.

I also said that narration is good as long as its not the main focus of conveying ideas and don't dwell on it for too long. see

haven; read manga
i would have hoped since it was sorta like capeshit, it would have not been a narrator, but fucking editor notes telling you which issues (episodes) that X or Y happened in to avoid showing flashbacks.

You are right, SBR it's better

That's fair. BnHA has a similar thing where its hinted that the narrator isn't reliable sometimes too. However, it's mostly describing the brief summarization of thought processes behind it in order to leave it to interpretation but giving enough to analyze. I mean, if you're going to describe things in literal paragraphs in your MANGA, then you might as well as written a book instead, but I understand where you are coming from to an extent, although I disagree with you on it adding to the experience as opposed to detracting from it.

That scene made me facepalm so hard back when I was watching the anime
it could've been left out COMPLETELY and the point would have been made better. Its basically just spelling out the conclusion the arc was already going for

>if you're going to describe things in literal paragraphs in your MANGA, then you might as well as written a book instead
This is one statement I've never understood. By and large up until the CA arc the majority of text was character dialogue. But even if we look at the post CA landscape and the election arc onward it's not like the words are a substitute for the visuals. I do think Togashi is leaning harder into showing charater thoughts as complicated series of monologues but that is also him trying to show people who are on a higher level of experience and expertise.

>although I disagree with you on it adding to the experience as opposed to detracting from it.
And that's fine since it's 100% subjective in this case. For me moments like seeing Hisoka's thoughts as he tries and figure out Chrollo's game could work purely visually, but because we have a wealth of information it also creates a number of red herrings for the audience to trip over as we also try and figure out Chrollos's next move. Same thing in the current arc where the setup is geared towards people trying to analyze their opponents capabilities to figure out how best to take them down.

In that respect I do think the increased wordcount coincides with Togashi changing his writing style. But I also agree that there are ways to convey this with fewer word bubbles, I just don't know if it would be economical in terms of lengths of the chapters, and how interesting it is really depends on it's presentation.

hxh >every animu

its fact