Can you think of a worse anime adaption of an otherwise decent adventure manga?

Can you think of a worse anime adaption of an otherwise decent adventure manga?

One Piece

I like the movies, but yeah the anime fucking blows.

Whelp, threads over, you can go home now

I only saw the very first ova, it was decent.

Manga was priddy gud. I didn't know I liked big muscular manly men until I got through Toriko. The anime really fucked up his masculine personality since he doesn't smoke or get fucked up on Maker's Mark. Also the lack of violence.

I like how all my answers were already posted in this thread. Berserk, One Piece after the timeskip and Toriko are all the worst adaptations I've seen. Or at least the ones that hurt me the most, Toriko should have been animated by the staff of OPM, it has the same levels of hype fighting impossibly strong monsters.

fpbp

I read like 25 chapters of this. It seemed really wacky and couldn't keep consistent power levels. Everything seemed like an asspull. The beasts had some interesting designs at times but it was otherwise a bore to get through.

When do it get better?

Yeah, seriously. The fights get fucking ridiculous after they enter the Gourmet World, it's a shame we're probably never going to see them animated.

The mangaka tried hard to lay out a lot of story ideas, like exploring other universes and having Toriko find the full courses for his other two Gourmet Demons. I gotta wonder how insane he would have made the fights at that point, considering how ridiculously powerful Toriko becomes by the end of the story.

>It seemed really wacky and couldn't keep consistent power levels

Yeah it's very wacky, and the power levels are consistent. Consistently going up. To ridiculous scales. I'd say the story really starts to pick up once they start trying to track down Acacia's Full Course and they start fighting the 8 Beast Kings.

Could someone post the beast kings here? I don't think I'll ever pick this up again especially considering the anime isn't a good adaptation either.

Toriko is mai husbando. One of my favorite shonen leads. His type of character is really rare nowadays.

>Jojo
>Decent

No.

Fuck, this piques my interest. I loaded up a random chapter in the 200s and the art seems much better too.

Toriko's appeal to me is its homage to old school manga with its muscular, manly characters and high levels of violence involving cool monsters. It flies by the seat of its pants concerning its internal consistency. Things just happen because they need to. But it's okay because the outcome is usually really cool or funny.

The ridiculous rate at which power levels rise is also a source of entertainment for me. Toriko goes from being as strong as a street level superhero that can punch a hole through a steel barricade to fighting demonic aliens that can fuck the entire planet up relatively easily in a very short amount of time. And his power ups are actually interesting. He doesn't just increase in speed and attack power like Goku, he gets the ability to transform his limbs into that of his appetite demon's, use skin respiration to move faster than sound, secrete substances from his body to counteract poisons, generate electrical fields in his body to stabalize in high gravity, and generally adapt to his environment.

Just keep reading bro. I promise you it gets really fun. I will tell you that the mangaka was forced to wrap up the manga sometime after fighting the Monkey King, so the pacing gets a lot faster and everything may feel rushed.

I miss toriko so much. The over the top was amazing.

Not really. It already has a really good 90s adaptation. It doesn't count.

This thread is about shitty adaptions. Berserk 2016 was a shitty adaption.

its not Jojo
are you an idiot

Always bet on toei to see your adaptation ruined. Probably not all their fault though and tiger mask seems okay, the airing time slot most probably.

Here's a question: how in the world does Rin manage to take all of Toriko's massive gourmet cock?

vagina gourmet cells

His semen is very compatible with her gourmet cells.

While I stopped caring about the series before the really crazy stuff started happening, I definitely agree with the campy masculine action and shameless elementary school level humor.

I basically picked up the series because of Jump Festa OVA made by Ufotable and lost all hope for the Toei TV anime after seeing the first few episodes. Fuck.

Anime Ice Hell was so fucking garbage, holy shit.

When the arc started in the anime? Believed it or not I dropped the anime at episode 123.

The gourmet tournament was the hypest thing I think I have ever read.

Nothing is worse than the Starjun fight.

I honestly can't, outside of Berserk 2016. Toriko's anime was a sad joke and I couldn't even handle the first episode.

Did they ever get rid of the reporter bitch?

Isnt that Tori "loli with rabioli" ko?

>decent

I miss all the hype moments in Toriko. Tommy Rod kugi punch was pure kino.

UQ Holder

This fucking page too

She was anime original.

How swole do you even have to be?

Swole enough to swing iron fishing poles around like twigs.

>power levels aren’t consistent
They’re very consistent, they just keep raising the bar to an absurd degree.

World trigger's anime was a tragedy, it was from Toei, what a surprise

Didn't mean to quote you

The anime was the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. And the ending was the fucking shitstained cherry on top the big steamy pile of crap. Fuck toei.

Toei is right, shonenshit deserved this kind of treatment. And you shonenfags deserved it.