What makes the Dragon Ball Super manga better than the anime?

What makes the Dragon Ball Super manga better than the anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aGB6Q45qU2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Art.
Clarity.
Pacing.

That said, the anime has it's moments. And is further ahead of the story. So might as well watch.

Super Saiyan God Vegeta

Trunks being absolutely useless was a very bad idea and makes the arc as a whole slightly worse than the anime version

The anime is ten times better than the manga but the latter still has its moments. Shueisha fucked up by making the manga monthly, the pacing is absolutely retarded.

I really don't like Super that much in general, and I think people arguing about which version is better are just doing it to feel superior to one another. I prefer the manga in some regards, but it really doesn't make the final product better, it just doesn't do it worse.

What don't you like about Super?

WAKE ME UP

Neither the Super manga, nor the Super anime are canon.

Dragon Ball canon = original manga.

>he rather has mary sue trunks
you disgust me

>Trunks being absolutely useless was a very bad idea and makes the arc as a whole slightly worse than the anime version
I have mixed feelings. I prefer the lack of a SS2 power-up that's on-par with SSGSS for literally no reason, but I think it would've been better off to just toss him in the time chamber with Goku and Vegeta, or get 3 other saiyans and give him Blue or God.

Goku and his wife look so cute in that picture!

It feels less thought out than other comparable series that have since taken the formula and evolved a bit over the course of the decades following the manga. I don't think that much is a secret to anyone old enough to know better, and it especially doesn't help that I'm much older and less impressionable than I was when I first got into Dragon Ball and anime as a whole. With that said, Super at it's best feels like it's trying hard to emulate what made simple action manga like DBZ work to begin with. At it's worst, it feels like official fanfiction that was just thrown together in an attempt to continue making bank.

Keep in mind I don't absolutely hate Super, and I continue to tune in whenever an episode or chapter is released, but my investment in the franchise is 100% because of my childhood and has nothing to do with the inherent quality of Super. Others may not agree with my opinion, but this honestly the only reason I continue to care. That, and because Sup Forums is filled with screaming retards who continue to fight about it, and the threads are just that much more entertaining than the show at this point.

This guy said.

Anime doeshave moments. More time to develop smug Black and Zamasu, and better fights generally especially Vegito vs Zamasu.

Hell yeah I would. Also stop your bitching of calling him a Mary Sue when he is the strongest person of his Universe because he's the only saiyan left.

Rather? I'd RATHER have had AU Baba bring Goku, Vegeta, Future Gohan and the other Z-fighters back for the battle with Black, so they can help a little bit, get some character moments of Trunks reuniting with his mentor and AU Vegeta getting a single moment of being a father, and participate in the ritual to make Trunks a Super Saiyan God so he can take on Black.

never saw super. how do they address the issue of saiyans having no power ceiling due to their power levels always increasing after recovering from the brink of death?

It tops out. No Saiyan had ever reached it before, but Goku and Vegeta did by getting the shit kicked out of them for decades.

Why is he so perfect bros?

that stopped being relevant after freeza arc

>Vegeta literally jobs his way to god level

>Shueisha fucked up by making the manga monthly, the pacing is absolutely retarded.
It's not really bad if you read it all at once. The black arc actually had around the same number of pages as the Saiyan arc in DBZ. The monthly wait just makes the pacing seem worse, despite effectively being the equivalent of a month's worth of DBZ chapters (at least after the U6 arc.)

Then how does Black abuse it? He kept getting boosts despite it being maxed out by Goku beforehand

Because it's not "Goku" getting the boosts, it's Zamasu. It's dumb.

He just is.

>clarity

Vegeta has Super Saiyan God
Fused Zamasu is swole
FZ also has a cooler moveset
Android 17 isn't randomly god-tier, while also being buffed respectably
God forms are treated with respect in general

The pacing, the art and the character interactions, the fact that everyone is in character
I think it feels more like a continuation of the original manga and that makes it more enjoyable to me

When should I read the Resurrection F manga with the Super Manga?

It's pretty easy to find in any manga site.

I mean when does it take place with Super?
Should I read DBZ, F then Super or what?

are you taking the manga path?

>dragon ball manga
>jaco manga
>battle of gods movie
>resurrection F movie
>dragon ball super manga

Thanks

F takes place immediately after Beerus arc and before Tournament.

for fucks sake dont make me fap to freeza

Speaking of the Super anime, there's gonna be a giant "Lol, just kidding, I just wanted you to fight serious, it was all Goku's idea" by Zeno-sama at the end of this arc and all the erased universes are going to be un-erased, right?

I can't be the only one who's been seeing this coming since the actual tournament began like 25 episodes ago.

Everyone thinks the universes will come back. The actual twist will be if they stay erased.

Cool, I don't get involved in a lot of anime fan discussion, so it's good to know what the general consensus is.

Visit Kanzenshuu

Why would you advise anyone to visit that shit hole?

>Soyofags
Enjoy your "DOUBLE THE POWER!" Or your "Jobhan: HEY TRUNKS, WHY DONT YOU GO BACK TO YOUR DESTROYED TIMELINE INSTEAD OF STAYING HERE WITH EVERYONE"As the arc closure

Good job, spics. You got our thread erased.

what did the mods mean by that?

There's been a lot of outrage about DBS threads on /qa/. Maybe the mods are cracking down. I'll never understand the problem, I suppose. Why do people care so much again? Is it a secret Sup Forums clubhouse thing? If you don't like the content of a thread, why participate? Why not just hide it and move on?

Just a bunch of Plebbitors and underage newfags, they do the same with Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r9k/ and pol

It's just a meme. Kids naturally want to find targets to hate.

It takes the time to add in small details like why ssgodss is called blue and seems to doing a better job with characters like Toppo and Jiren recently.
It was deleted because lots of stale Sup Forums memes were being posted I'd say.

I don't know why they deleted the thread, but it made me sad.

I wasn't actually in the thread! But, I've been in a few other pruned ones, so..

If that's the case, feel free to disregard my dumbass.

Lets see what /dbs/ has brought to Sup Forums
>Sup Forumseddit
>Sup Forums
>spic memes
>We are the Chads of Sup Forums!
>CHADhan, CHADlifla, etc
>Uncontrolled avatarfagging
That's not even the full list. It's understandable why we're hated so much.

One of these is not like the other

This time of the day has a janitor who freaks out when he sees a thread that isn't discussing moeshit

Soon.

Why did they delete the thread?

BNHA brought Sup Forums and avatarfagging.

What is funny is how DBS memes are cross boarding Sup Forums

Or maybe you guys just fucked up and shouldn't have posted shitty memes. The thread was deleted because of that and it was your fault. Everything was fine before that.

El Grande Hermano did it. Get it? Because Big Brother is (((them)))

Tbh, what's the difference between DBS threads and other series like HxH, One Piece, JJBA, BnH? They are all equally cancerous.

We do it for the lulz unlike the other ones that take themselves so serious

In other words, we know we are in Sup Forums and not a personal circlejerk blog

Why the FUCK did they put tien in the tournament if they weren't going to power him up enough?

Why the FUCK is krillin more useful even though tien is an ascended, third eye open human who has been training 24/7

Tien has cool powers and used to be a deadly threat and he's been an even bigger joke than krillin since the start of Z.

Piccolo should be closer to goku and vegeta in power than he is also. Gohan is boring as all fuck and I hate how he has half breed special snowflake ability.

I know
>getting mad over retarded power levels

I still really enjoy the show desu

all that is irrelevant because they are both from different verses so the plot around the character is irrelevant and which is why jiren would easily win

We are feared because there's no telling how cancerous our final form is.

You must really hate the Enter key, considering how often you hit it.

>SS Trunks (Broly)
Gets me everytime.

I can't speak for all of them but HxH and JJBA at least tell anons to do things like read the manga before trying to get into a discussion
Here any retard can spam Shaggy shit

/dbs/ needs video roasting just like Sup Forums and Sup Forums

youtu.be/aGB6Q45qU2g

Nothing. DBS is simply far more popular.

Reminder that Gohan is stronger than 2 SSB's at the same time.

Even if SSB Vegeta and SSB Goku were firing their blasts at 50% of their full power they only matched Koichiarator. Gohan completely overpowered and overwhelmed Koichiarator, meaning that he was far superior to the output of 100% SSB (assuming they both used half-strength beams, which is a generous assumption considering they actually put forth effort to try and push back Koichiarator - and they were winning, until Koichiarator used more power to match Goku/Vegeta).

tl;dr - 100% Gohan > 100% SSB.

Power levels are better in the manga. if the manga didnt have the potara retcon or was rushing things to catch up to the anime it would be 100% better.

Could Jiren beat Beerus?

He’s stronger than a god so yes

Ha empezado los momos (memes).

Maybe, maybe not.

Doesn't matter, CHAD > SSB.

say that word one motherfucking time again

it's the same shit, but with less people hablando spanish and no shaggy memes

Then he should have no problem with Toppo.

Power levels are not static, arbitrary numbers

They fluctuate based on circumstance

Depends on which kind of Toppo we get. Episode hasn't aired yet.

I will preemptively say that CHADhan is just tired, that's all, so it doesn't matter if he gets hurt a little. He's been fighting at 100% this entire time.

We'll most likely get a full GoD Toppo fueled by Belmod's early retirement, too.

CHAD will still win though.

>Belmod's early retirement, too.
Wouldnt that be cheating?

>momos

This. CHADhan forced Toppo to go GoD mode and made him actually try, so when you think about it, he's the one who really won this fight, its a psychological victory.

I wonder if 21 has what it takes to steal Krillin from 18.

M O M O S

Everyone else is cheating so why not?

Sick

Burn

Bro

I'll

Type

However

I

Want

>what it takes to steal Krillin
Shit taste?

Think he'll get pushed around as much by the saiyan girls during recruitment in the manga?

>Chichi, what are you doing?

Nah. Renso will set Caulifla straight.

Probably

I don't know how about you tell me.

but he has a bad leg.

Fpbp

Would chichi liked Goku's new body?
Handsome god thing, may or maynot have a penis, saiyan urge to fight is gone.

Ginyu body was better!

They hardly ever fuck anyway, so the lack of dick won't be much of a problem. I guess it would be easy to get used to him.