Devilman crybaby

so how was it

10/10
AOTY

Not impressed OVA was better.

>that fucking donkey orgasm scene
FUCK.YOU!YUASA!

>That scene with the playful humping of the two girls.

Surprisingly both cute, and hot.

So which one is it
Should I bother with it, Or read the manga instead?

Devilman is not a story, it's an experience.
Manga is always recommended.

Good

Pretty good, but felt pretty rushed. If it was a full-fledged anime with 24 episodes, it would give us more insight and more character development. Overall, given the budget n shit, it did well.

Kino

I had End of Eva flashbacks at the very end.

>So which one is it
Fucking watch it and make your own opinion, retard.

>mfw both Kino anime series weren't kino

Already AOTY?
please tell me same ending of the manga

SJW garbage.

>Kino
Fuck off back to Sup Forums, stupid nigger

would you??

ITT: people who haven't seen it (or finished seeing it) saying it's good.

I finished it. I don't rly know how i feel about it. The futa satan was qute, but what the fuck was tis ending

>1-10

What the fuck is this bullshit?

Akira-kun!!

It’s pretty good. Decent to a strong 7.

What's a matter?

"Come with me to a wonderful land."

>Fuck off back to Sup Forums, st*pid n*gger
Uhh, please take you're racism and mentalism back to Sup Forums instead.

Why did they release it all in one go?
Fuck I was looking forward to discuss this with Sup Forums but it's going to be quickly forgotten like the last anime where this happened (Relife)

6/10, we'll never get a great, complete adaptation of Devilman, will we? This is definitely one of Yuasa's weakest. It had it's moments, but aesthetically it was pretty boring. Not at all what I was expecting from Yuasa. I think he blew the budget during the Black Sabbath and final battle scenes. It tries so much harder to have an emotional impact than the manga, but end the end fails to even match it.

Probs like a 5.6/10 . It started off decently strong at like a 8.3/10 but feel off about 4th episode to a 3.7/10 and didn't really pick back up until the last portion of the last episode

FUCK

Because the vast majority of netflix users are binge watchers and netflix isnt about to fuck up by not catering to their customers.

>censoring
>/tumblr/, niggerette, you must go back

It's a Pinocchio reference.

Yes

Well it's fucking netflix

6/10 definitely did not live up to the hype. Too many plotholes, the deaths had little impact, Ryo's motivations were whack, tries too hard to be serious.

AKKO!!!(VA pun)

I don't want Netflix tv anime anymore. Fuck this shit

I think the asthetics were fine. Not quite as rough as Yuasa"s other works but still unique. The battle seen however, was dry and lifeless. The landscapes which devilman was thrown through lacked any detail and the flashing lasers were extremely generic. The " Use me as an arm/leg" was incredibly cheesy and the integration was far from flawless. It's probably the one place in the anime the art suffered other than the multitude of "insert generic demon here" characters

Some hot scenes in the adaptions. There's the whole Akira having a wet dream about fucking Miki and then waking up to a fucking puddle of cum stuck on the wall. Then there's that scene where Miko fucks some random dude who had her at gun point. She even continued fucking him after decapitating him.

It's suffered pretty heavily during the track meet episode and one after that. I love Yuasa, but this is not his best work.

I love this guy.

You go back.

Not gonna say "it was shit" "ruined Devilman" or anything exaggerated like that but I definitely think the manga is still way, way better. And I think I prefer the OVA's take on it (at least the Birth).

>10 episodes at once
Sasuga Netflix

Yeah, I liked this version of Miki a lot which made that entire scene sad as fuck for me. It also helps that they made her hot as fuck here. Still not sure how I feel about them changing the deaths of her parents and brother though.

Watch it it is a solid show.
It is a great modern rendition of the series.

was he always this autistic?

Yes

>Akira breaks out of Sirene's talons fairly easily
>He can transform
They really nerfed the demon bird, huh. The fight was shit, but the soundtrack was godly. Kaim also isn't that much of a cuck now.
Someone post some sexy webms please.

It was Yuasa.

So just like a Ping pong- a lot of hype with result of barely 4 Frt

yuasafags btfo

remember how they were being all smug on nagai because durr hurr yuasa will make the source material better

who's laughing now

>They really nerfed the demon bird, huh
You speak as if she wasn't easily fucked up in manga too, she had to get help to stand a chance and even then she got fucked.

I read the manga in one sitting literally right before watching this. Haven't seen any other Devilman media, but I think Crybaby is a mess and doesn't have as much demon action as I would've liked. But then again, it was only ten episodes. I think the anime has mostly better characterization, but as far as emotional impact goes I still thought the manga was more tragic. Also, that Engrish is too distracting.

The worst Yuasa thing I've seen, though still entertaining. It gets props for being edgy.

Haven´t watched devilman yet, but it can´t be worst than the night is short and tataami galashit

See the scene of the father struggling while seeing his demon son I thought was genuinely moving. I also liked the scene where the rap dude "conquers" Miko because again it was spontaneous and felt earnest.

I can't say the same for most of the rest of the story though. It felt too engineered, and it's weird that the original manga didn't. I think it has to do with how Nagai just made the story go crazy and take turns out of nowhere, and also how good his paneling and composition for the key scenes was.

Closing scene is 100000000 times better in the manga, that's for sure. That's one where I think the writing changes almost killed it by themselves.

>Then there's that scene where Miko fucks some random dude who had her at gun point. She even continued fucking him after decapitating him.
Hottest scene in the show. All in all while this show didn't live up to the hype that some anons were drumming up for it, it was entertaining at least.

so far it's

K I N O
I
N
O

I love everything about it so far.

9/10. Delivered on the best parts of Devilman while also doing its own fun things. I have some complaints about some of the changes made, and the presentation of some scenes, but they feel like nitpicks when compared to everything it did right.

Well, at least now its certain that nothing threatens VEG in this season. Devilman was good, but by far not as great as people hyped it to be. Franxx is cheap anipex shit and Fate/Extra confirmed to have Shaft as always fall behind schedule and produce QUALITY so that they cant even fill a single trailer properly.

Still, Devilman was worth watching. Waiting for B:The Begining at spring now.

It's pretty bad compared to Kemonozume, Kaiba, and Ping Pong. Haven't seen Tatami yet.

That shitposter since really still trying.

Does she masturbate in this?

Yeah

>Silene
I don't like her as much when she's trying to fuck the Akira out of Amon.
Ruthless Silene was the sexy one.

She does while making donkey noises.

I liked it, but mainly because I like the original manga, and this adapation kept what makes Devilman Devilman.

However, I would prefer to have had a less pretentious director, some moment came really wrong because Yuasa´s style of direction didn´t mesh well with what the scenes were suppossed to be.

I still think the 80s are superior on what little of the story they adapted, but Crybaby is still good for fans of the original work.

The first episode was kind of a mess, does it get better?

With or without underwear?

I thought this scene was well done.

It's not graphic

I actually liked their rap sessions

Darling franxx team is pretty good, I have more faith in it than violet to be honest. The director of evergarden made kyokai no Kanata which is a bad sign and the person overseeing the project is new and has only directed episodes before, the animation and layouts in the PVs hasn't really impressed me either

>clean Russian
>broken Engrish

too lewd

Anyone feel like the demons didn't do much in this?

I finished episode 1 just now and came to see what people were saying. Obviously going to hold back on any concrete opinions until I finish it, but I'm already kind of shocked at how many scenes were removed already. The whole demon head scene is pretty important, and it's just straight up gone.

Just to add to this, despite all my complaints I still believe this will be AOTY, but only because of how good the source material is, not because of anything Yuasa did.

Eh humans are their own worst enemies, not like they needed to do much to take over.

Darling is A-1 Aniplex show. Trigger and Nishigori with IM@S team are promising, but so far trailer did not show that. I`ll be glad if it`ll actually turn good, but one has to remember its still mostly Aniplex show - similiar to Re Creaetors, Qualidea Code etc. They dont have a budget IM@S had.

I liked most of the changes that were meant to "bring the story into the 2010s" I just wish it was better integrated with the whole, in general.

Also I hated how much Zenon got fodderized, like damn.

True sadness.

Doujins when?

>It also helps that they made her hot as fuck here
It really did.

Demons didn't actually much in the manga either, the ones who actually did anything were the ones who target Devilman because they had a beef with him, humanity destroyed itself with paranoia

I hated the swelling orchestral music over it. It would've been so much more effective if it sued understated, atmospheric music, or even no music at all. Same can be said for a lot of scenes, I think the show used music too much overall.

>VEG
>in-house written LN
>serious LN
Doubt

>but only because of how good the source material is
This meme should really die.
There's nothing great about the source material, just eroflick about a devilman and demons running around killing and fucking things and a hermaphrodite.
A random hentai running in h-magazine has the same plot, like Bible Black had.

Holy shit what a smug bastard.

Disappointing. I was expecting a masterpiece, something that would be praised for years to come, but it was just a good anime. It really isn't anything special.
It drags on episodes 4-5 and a lot of the relationships between characters just never get any screentime for them to be believable. The whole thing also feels way too fast-paced in the second half. It is visually interesting and the music is good too, it has some genuinely great moments, voice acting is good, etc. In concept it is great, but the actual product is just not as good as it could've been.
I don't know if I should blame Yuasa, the writer or the flawed original.

fuck off, kino nigger

So there is a 39 ep series from the 70s, a few OVAs and now this.

What should I watch and in what order?

Actually read Devilman please? Or even watch the adaptation you're in a thread for?

>The director of evergarden made kyokai no Kanata
Ishidate is best KyoAni director hands down, thats why he and not Yamada or Takemoto was tasked with VEG. KnK proven him in capacity of great director, despite shit source material. He is just better at cinematography than the rest of KyoAni.

> the person overseeing the project is new
Is Fujita. She and Akiko Takasae are both the best newgen KyoAni directors proven themselves splendidly as episode directors before. The best scenes in Hibike are by her.

There really is no complaint about VEG visuals - people already watched first the episodes and confirm movie quality production and best KyoAni animated TV show to date. So the question is solely wether one would like the story and direction. The novel is good, but it does not have impactful appeal like Devilman or Trigger original (if Franxx story will turn actually decent)

About to watch the last episode

Its better than the original manga
Its good, but thats it

Reminds me of how I felt with Kaiba. Had potential to be something else, but just ended up being good.

I hope this last episode is good

Watch all of them in airing order

Stop bring that blurry shit to Devilman thread.