Devilman Crybaby

BRAVO YUASA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwpFpF9-MVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which thread is the real thread!

He did it again

It was actually pretty decent. I'm surprised.

Only at ep 5, but sirene’s is the best so far.

It's shit!

Loving the style so far.

SASUGA

>I'm so fucked up

Quit being such a crybaby!!!

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

So how was the witch hunt scene? Someone spoil my shit up since I won't be able to watch this for a few hours.

10/10 OP
youtube.com/watch?v=lwpFpF9-MVk

He surpassed himself AOTY

The rapping isn't actually that bad. It kinda reminds me of Home Made Kazoku.

Thats not the right reference

SALT'D

reposting from last thread
I love how this adaption retained the weird fever dream feeling i got from reading the manga
I think its mainly due to the pacing, every now and again i'll zone out due to being desensitized from all the stimulation, then get pulled right back in when i hear the rapping and rewind to the last part i remember.
I took a break after watching eps 1-6 back-to-back and now i can't get the rapping out of my head at this point, send help
after five mintues of listening to other shows openings to drive out the rapping i can still perfectly recall it, its kinda freaking me out. Dont know if i should go to bed or watch the rest, both seem like they would just make it worse

Waiting for a torrent with the Japanese dub.

Keep waiting, it's not coming any time soon.

So do Akira and Sirene actually fuck like user said, I can’t watch it until Saturday because of work and I needta know

Yes they do.

So is Koda a new character? I don't remember him in anything from Devilman, sequels, or spin offs.

Man this was hot garbage. Yuru Camp remains aots.

What wait what I'm downloading right now is the english dub?

Miko fucks a random nutter and then kills him.
LOL MIKOFAGS FOREVER BTFO

Devilman dies

Like...consensually?

It was a good choice.

You'd be quicker getting Netflix trial.

Fantastic Yuasa visuals. Script is an awkward reinterpretation of a sometimes cheesy but still classic manga that somehow makes everything cartoonier in a bad way.

I'm the type of guy who's totally fine with meh writing if the visuals are really good, so I consider this worthwhile anyway. But the script definitely holds it back from true greatness.

Welp, I'm kinda disappointed then as the visuals weren't really hitting the mark for me to begin with.

On the good side, they fixed the weird plot hole of "what the fuck did Akira do with Ryo's body and what happened to him while the story moved away from him". But there's a lot of bad changes too mostly characterization-wise.

Yes.
Goddamn I wish there were people watching this and not just freeloaders and shitposters pretending they saw anything past episode 1.

Seriously? Aww that's too bad, I'm the story over visuals type.

MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN
HUMAN

>i can't get the rapping out of my head at this point
That was their evil plan all along.

Same. Great visuals enhance a great story and while visuals play a large part into the narrative if the writting is shit I just can't get into it. Same reason I never could get hyped for Trigger shows or the latest shounen hotness, I never could get over how the writting could have been so much better.

Still it's Yuasa, so I'll at least check it out, just to confirm, is the HorribleSubs torrent a dub or a sub?

>Sup Forums got me hyped for this
>watched it
>2/10
fuck all of you for wasting my time

What if you don’t care about the visuals and only here for a good tragic story like the og manga?

MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN

What the fuck is this running style

I just think people decided the manga is "campy" and "dated" and "ironically good" or something, so the Geass man's writing just HAS to be better no matter what which is why most people are not criticizing it at all.

I dunno, man. I'm practically the only one complaining about it to this extent (and one of very few complaining about it to ANY extent) so maybe I'm crazy or weird. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

It's pretty fantastic, up to episode 5 so far.

Only things I dislike are the rapping as well as how obvious it is that Ryo is a demon or at least not what he seems, I mean, having psycho jenny as his helper was just a bit much, especially with how demonic she looks, the first episode was also pretty telling that Ryo was odd.

Loved episode 4 though, really made me care for Akira's mom and dad even though they were basically only in it for that episode, ep 5 was also pretty heavy, made me feel bad for Kaim all over again.

Based Yuasa did it again. AOTY easily.
>inb4 the year just started

DEVILRUN

boring zzzzzzz

literally demonic, he could have run however he wanted and still gone fast as shit.

The script is bad? Fuck.

I knew they should have gotten Imagawa to direct and write this.

Shin Mazinger remains Nagai’s best adaptation.

Stop falseflagging. It was disappointing.

Wew, I’ll have to see the context when I can actually watch it, idk how that situation would even happen

see
Plus I've disagreed with Sup Forums on shit consistently for the 10+ years I've been here, especially story & writing. Give it a try and decide for yourself, I don't want to start a meme opinion.

Cried like a bitch twice. Ep 8 and ep 9.

Looks like some naruto water running quality

Imagawa anime never had strong scripts, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Ok, another good part is giving the demon dude who was in love with Sirene more backstory.
>le QUALITY
Please stay away from Yuasa anime

>don't criticize muh favorite animator
Sorry to be blunt, but shit is shit

Wait why are they all Christians, aren't they Japanese?

How does this anime relate to the Devilman manga?

Go Nagai's hair is turning grey

man....

Fuck Miki is hot here.

The cheese was already in the manga unless you are blind

Script wise it's a "modern reinterpretation" of the manga story, pretty much. For better or worse. Halfway into ep 2, so far it's mostly for the worse, but the Yuasa visuals fit Devilman better than the Ghibli animation of the OVAs.

More like it is characterization you do not like because you are a purist with no flexibility

>sometimes cheesy but still classic manga
>somehow makes everything cartoonier in a bad way.
You didn't even read my post.

>they know each other since they were children
Ehhh.

Let's not even get into the character designs.

> Miko post devil merging

muh, though I wonder why she doesn't have acid tits as of the merge.

The animation looks like Neo Yokio, but more fluid kek

>Ryo literally cucking himself by giving money to Akira to go fuck a prostitute

What did he mean by this

Knowing each other since they were kids honestly works better for me, makes more sense as to why Akira is so trusting of him rather than when he just kind of shows up in the manga with no real explanation.

More like you feel Nagai is so sacred and perfect that any change made by Yuasa and Geass guy as a team does not meet your platonic ideal because only Nagai can be campy and cartoony

He said himself that demons are pure beings in a way, he loves Akira but that doesn't necessarily mean wanting to fuck him 24/7, satan is a pure maiden/man*?

I’m gonna give it a try but I’m sensing a lot of disappointment. Fuck.

I’m expecting an improved version of the manga, not a worse one.

I realized Miki's dad is white in this version, meaning her and her brother are mixed caucasian/Japanese.

Everything in this seems to be done to be a commentary on how much the world/Japan has changed since the original Devilman in the 70's, Akira immediately whips his phone out after defeating Jinmen.

>tfw skipped Miki's death
I just couldn't go through that again, especially since she was so much more likable here than in the manga. I still fucking cried in anticipation anyway, fuck

Acid tits is still in, but more as a nod to the manga.

Yuasa's style is becoming more and more generic since he got his own studio. The Tatami Galaxy sequel was still ok, but Lu over the Wall was plain awful.

What happened to the guy who made Mind Game, Kaiba, Kemonozume, Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong?

The script is fine do not listen to a puritan bastard that seems impossible to please when Devilman NEVER had this subtle and natural script or even use of language that only exists in the heads of fanfic writers

Is it a Netflix fuckup or some other anime? I want to check it out.

Just finished ep 9. ;_;

So basically you have double standards about that angle

>Whites made Demons
Yuasa knows about Nigger Twitter?

>fuckup
What do you mean? It was released in batch and it's not that hard to rip series.

I'm a huge fan of both the original Devilman manga (read it in my youth) and Yuasa as a creator (loved pretty much every work of his)

So it pains me to say this, but I've seen episode 1 through 5 and this "adaptation" is hot garbage. There's loads of weird changes to the plotline, with important stuff about the backstory left unexplained, and the tone of the series completely different compared to the manga.

On the plus side, the animation is great (being able to see so much uncensored sex and violence in an anime is refreshing somewhat) and the soundtrack is fantastic.

It's just... this is not Devilman, at all. I don't know what the writer was thinking, to be honest. I'm so sorely disappointed, I can't even bring myself to start watching episode 6.

Netflix original so it's all rleased at once.

Is this your first batch anime download? These are most probably grain from dark scenes.

It doesn't feel like a "commentary" as much as just pandering to modern audiences with iphones and westerners with muh multiculturalism
Mind Game will always be fantastic but Lu looks good from the clips I've seen.
>subtle and natural script
Give me an example of the script being "subtle and natural" in eps 1 and 2.

The art direction outside of demon scenes is subtle and natural. The writing is very cartoony.

Ok, got it

Ouch. Fuck Yuasa then.

>all of that
Shit thanks for this, your pasta will serve me well.

Only if you have a stick up your ass about what Devilman was or should be when this is not the first adaptation nor probably the last. At least Nagai gets it so perhaps think for yourself or you can go take a hike.

I'm gonna keep watching mainly for the art and animation. It really feels like Yuasa gets Devilman more than the writer.

What a lying fuck you are.

>It doesn't feel like a "commentary" as much as just pandering to modern audiences with iphones and westerners with muh multiculturalism

I thought that at first too, but then there's the breaking the fourth wall moment when Miki's kid brother pulls up the remix of the original Devilman theme on YouTube and it suddenly was so in your face that it seems like there's more to it.

I just got to the Sirene episode and the second half is the closest this has been to the original manga.

I think I might be the only one here who liked the manga and is also really liking this. It feels fantastic to watch.

Lies, exaggeration and trolling from an idiot for more idiots. And lazy ones at that.

Goddamn

>It doesn't feel like a "commentary" as much as just pandering to modern audiences with iphones and westerners with muh multiculturalism
and the original wasn't this to their contemporary audience? Are you stupid?

MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN MAN
HUMAN

>might be the only one
>series released today
Uhuh.

I said it is not natural because the manga never was natural in the first place. Or maybe you reacted like Ryo when your dad died

So what is the "commentary" being made then? Just "wow, things sure changed"?

What the fuck was the point of including the cringey ass rappers and that jealous running chick? Is this shit supposed to be a fucking parody or something? Y'all were hyping it up to the moon too.