Anime Strike is dead

Rot in hell

kotaku.com/amazon-kills-unpopular-anime-strike-service-1821803638

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180105155755/https://kotaku.com/amazon-kills-unpopular-anime-strike-service-1821803638
my.mixtape.moe/ltrhrt.pdf
my.mixtape.moe/zejejg.pdf
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-05/amazon-shuts-down-anime-strike-paid-streaming-service/.126099
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good.

>Anime titles that had previously been $4.99 are now free with Amazon Prime.
This means their library is now available in their Prime service?

>kotaku
Google tells me it's real so whatever. Now we're stuck with hidive. That's sad.

>This means their library is now available in their Prime service?
Yes
>Prime price hike incoming in T-24h

Now I can rewatch AOTY Inuyashiki on my prime account

It was fucking retarded anyway. Double paywall plus always late. Why did they think it was good?

Yep

Anime streaming is not a very competitive industry. Some executives probably underestimated that a bit too far.

fucking faggots. they originally put their anime in prime before spinning it off when they realized they MIGHT be able to goy their way into getting weabs to cough up an extra $5 on top of the $80/year prime membership they tricked them into getting. just goes to show how half assed their whole approach to this was.

inb4 amazon beats apple to the punch and buys netflix

not gonna happen. amazon is too full of themselves and their own ecosystem. just look at how heavy handed they are in forcing amazon prime video, even to go as far as banning sales of apple tv and roku from their sites until they made a prime video app available.

The question now is, will they add airing anime still? Or will they pull a Netflix and hold series hostages?

And nothing of value was lost

Good on Amazon for realizing how retarded the double paywall was. Anime on regular Amazon Prime is much more appealing to normalfags than that shit ever was

>Anime Strike had a lot of issues of its own. Its ticket price was $60 a year ($5 a month) on top of a $99-yearly Amazon Prime subscription—a double paywall. Typing an anime title into Amazon’s search bar often meant wading through related manga, t-shirts and soundtracks before happening upon its Anime Strike entry. It was also only available in America.

Its almost like these tech companies are just hoarding features without actually giving a fuck about the service usability.

Good riddance. Most people weren't even aware that Amazon DELIBERATELY MISTRANSLATED any lines that implied physical intimacy between underage characters, including references to hand-holding. They were way worse than any other professional service.

You have to select "Amazon Video" when searching for the streaming title to pop up.

No one even green texts Kotaku anymore, What the fuck Sup Forums.

>crunchy was having a bad time with all that competition, and now the monopoly goes back to crunchy
Shit. I was laughing my ass off with that huge animes getting licensed by amazon or netflix.

Who cares, no one on Sup Forums even uses streaming services.

Who gives a fuck.
They were the first to report it.

Uh no. Amazon still gets anime simulcasts. There's just not a redundant second paywall behind it.

Its actually easier for everyone to just go to the site and read it.
What the fuck indeed

>giving clicks to kotaku

If they report news that interest me then Im happy to support them with my zero monetary value clicks.

how much is one click worth if I'm blocking ads, scripts and flash?

>go to the site
Fuck off you shilling faggot. Archive link that shitrag or screencap it.

You make the thread first and do that if you care.

>if you care
Everyone on this board and website does but cancerous newfags like you. Fuck off.

Ah, I understand now. Read the thread properly.

Thanks for the good news.

Can't see shit.
Do I need amazon prime store subscription? Because I only have amazon prime video subscription for twitch prime. Or is it region-locked?

OP here.

Stop shitposting. Your distaste for Kotaku's shitty articles has nothing to do with Anime Strike.

I don't think Twitch Prime counts as Amazon Prime.

>Rot in hell
noo..

I'm neither streaming nor watching streamers (except Mogra), only got a trial for frost prime and scindo prime recently.

You link a free twitch account to paid amazon prime video account to get twitch prime now.

You can find out for yourself by searching a title on "Amazon Video" while being signed in.

>unironically linking to Kotaku on Sup Forums

>kotaku

Learn how to use archive links you fucking newfag.

So now Netflix is the undisputed King of animu

Sup Forums here.

Go back to

>kotaku
Kill yourself you fucking newfag.

So, is Amazon out of the game now for streaming anime?

They didn't add any new series for this upcoming season and killed off Anime Strike, but is that the end?

>kotaku

>links to kotaku
where's the norbot when you need him

>They didn't add any new series for this upcoming season
They have the noitaminA anime and a short.
I wonder what's going to happen with these.

No just the double paywall is killed
so shitty subs still

Maybe in 10 years. They only have a handful of titles in their catalogue. Crunchyroll is still the lord.

Yes.

>kotaku
>amazon

No, just no more double paywall.

What were they thinking?

web.archive.org/web/20180105155755/https://kotaku.com/amazon-kills-unpopular-anime-strike-service-1821803638 am i doing it right?

>free with Amazon Prime
Nice, they have some stuff that's not seeded anymore.
And unlike CR/Funi their service offer good quality video.

I'm just glad it's over.

No because...
1. Crunchyroll still has more anime and thanks to TV Tokyo they ocassionally have a seat in some production committees.
2. Amazon has that deal with Fuji and actually they just killed their double paywall.

Yes.

Doing OP's work. Thanks.

That anime fan in the West are really really really stupid.

However, making it too obtuse and too complicated to get the product (in this case, watching an anime whenever customers wants to watch it while mobile through a single service) and making it look like you're paying double really was a dumb idea.

They can still sell data

>Those Children Who Chase Lost Voices subs

Holy shit did they even watch it? I don't think I've ever dropped another service so fast.

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

Thanks my man.

>am i doing it right?
no, you're literally being

You're literally being homosexual

>That anime fan in the West are really really really stupid.
60$ for Anime streaming only without prime (while Anime being included in prime) might have flown.

Have they not heard of "upselling"?

how?

Shut the fuck up Daiz

journalist hate threads on Sup Forums a few years ago massively shat on anyone who gave direct links to articles instead of archiving them

People still archive links all the time on Sup Forums

Archiving links to clickbait sites should be standard practice across the site

So... it's just autism?

Good to know.

Who said that he didn't know how to, fuckface?

>giving clicks to archive sites instead

exactly. does this look like Sup Forums or Sup Forums to you? maybe you should go back. don't ever bring that retard culture in here.

>being this triggered over clickbait

>Anime Strike, which launched early 2016, won licensing rights to much of 2016's best titles like Inuyashiki, Princess Principal and Made In Abyss.
>2016
These retards can't get anything right

Well here is a screenshot of Crunchyroll's article.

>this is what f/a/gs actually believe

my.mixtape.moe/ltrhrt.pdf previous was shit i like this more

my.mixtape.moe/zejejg.pdf

this is how it should have been like from the start

Nice. I like prime, but fuck if I was going to pay extra for anime

Virus!

Yeah, show those shitty clickbait sites what's worth it!
All of Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums have your back!

You have a Kotaku article and must make a thread on it. Your options are to link to it or to link to an archive.
This is what it comes down to.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-05/amazon-shuts-down-anime-strike-paid-streaming-service/.126099

Oh shit, maybe they'll either put Made in Abyss on Amazon Prime video or they'll sell the license to someone else. Hopefully not Netflix.

inb4 streaming, I buy the fucking BD's for quality.

Go back to MAL or whateverthefuck shithole you came from

Then how i share this with screenshot?

Amazon supposedly has at least 4 new titles this season. None of them have started airing yet.

Which titles?

Kokkoku
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
Beatless
Killing Bites

Their translations were so terrible for yuuki yuuna. I was surprised people were actually paying extra for them.

They aren't that bad, there's no need to go All Out.

>People actually paying for Amazon Prime
The absolute state of Sup Forums.