Devilman Crybaby

Ryo went full sociopath yanhomo.

Just watched, that's a hell of ride.

is this worth watching if you didn't read the manga

Yes. You don't need to be familiar with the manga.

Just finished watching, it was pure kino

Did tomboy die?

Everyone died.

Everyone died, the world reseted.

They made her scene justice.

style over substance - the show

You should watch the show and also read the manga, they're completely different

>AOTY my ass. As a fat Devilman and Yuasa fan this was utter shit of an adaptation and completely broke my trust in Yuasa. I recognise that the original manga didn't have the best pacing and was fucking goofy concerning the characters, still even a panel by panel adaptation would have been miles ahead of this. Modernization my ass. (I don't mean the style, no problem there.)
Why the fuck was it necessary to include this fucking sports thing. Who cares for these VIP people. Way to ruin an already bad character (Miki) by turning her into a Mary Sue. They should have left the whole family humans instead of turning the boy into a demon. Zero emotional impact, even the scene the scene of the father struggling.
The journalist was superfluous, him fucking Miko was unnecessary as well. Her fucking the guy who is threatening her? Devillady much? Too much random fanservice in general, Nagai was way better in his execution.
They should have focused more on the backstory. Cutting the demon sculpture from the story was a mistake. Psychojenny as the secretary was ridiculous. Ryo remembering was also way better in the manga. The tone of the fellowship of the Devilmen was completely missing. No acid tit torture scene.
introducing the random family of Akira was a ridiculous attempt to make things impactful. These fucking shoes!
Why did they make Ryo into the scientist, it was a change for the worse. Also him grabbing the bible and reading some shit was a goofy move.
The first OVA with all its flaws remains the best partial Devilman adaptation.
I'm not opposed to sex at all, especially as a Nagai fan, but in crybaby it was too much and mostly badly handled. Like it's there to compensate for the shitting writing. I don't think we needed more episodes at all (if they left out all their unnecessary changes, the gained time would have sufficed to flesh things out properly), a slightly competent writer/director would have sufficed.

>redditor copypasting his own post
Sad!

Every Yuasa beside Ping Pong.

Well, now it is a copy pasta.

So, is the ending the same as the original manga?

It was like Kemonozume but done right

Yes and no
Yes in that the worlds gets holy nuked.
No in that Ryo doesnt realize that he did to humans what God did to him and demons

The absolute madman Yuasa did it again

Then it's fucking shit. How many episodes does it have?

As soon as the adaptation was announced,
I knew that there will be OG manga hipster fag who complain nonstop because it is not a 100 1:1 adaptation.

Reddit falseflagging is even worse.

Can't stand Yuasa fanboys.

Rips when

NOW
user, you are so slow.

Fucking perfect, enjoyed it through and through.
Also great to watch in one setting.

I think this adaptation is basically a reimagining with all the basic plot points kept intact. But you can just watch it, you will probably not appreciate some of the details, but eh, it won't kill you. Definitely read the manga afterwards even if you are put off by the artstyle, it's one hell of a crazy ride.

Dare you search yourself???

HS released them like seven hours ago mate

>hurf durf i need the characters to SPEAK their thoughts because i am too retarded to infer what is going on even though i read the source material

Off yourself

I wanted my shota guro goddamnit.

I just wake up
Do no bully

about to watch it, don't tell me there is none

Checking Nyaa sure takes longer than waiting for a rely on Sup Forums.

No they changed how Miki's family died. I was at least hoping for a cute shota corruption/demon transformation but didn't got that either.

Why does this nigger kid know about Akira's password? The shit he saw there is probably the reason why he fucked up.

someone explain donkeysounds, [/spoiler]was before she turned

ahh fuck, my bad.

Considering Akiras level of technology skills his password is probably "Akira" or his birthday or something.

Akira used some weak, obvious password, like 'password' or his date of birth. Even kids can get lucky.

Wait, why was there a Devilman opening in the second episode?

Paying homage, and Devilman literally exists on the anime canon

How is the composer for this not flooded with job oppurtunities. Ping Pong had such a great soundtrack as well, this is no different.

>that ending
Hahaha, holy shit.
Does manga cover some of the missing gaps? I liked the series but the transition between changes in society, especially in the end, was really strange.

The manga ended the same, but it had narration notes that said the battle between Akira and Ryo went on for 40 years.

Good to know. Will take a break for several days and read the source after.

I still think an adaptation that plays some of its over-the-topness as comedy could work. Not a straight comedy, obviously, just something kind of self aware. Maybe that's overplayed but I think it's the best way to get all those scenes in in the modern day.

how would he respond to the devil menace?

>Foreign devils! Nuke them!!!

>implying he isnt one of them
By telling you to fear your neighbour and that any person could be a demon so better kill him before he kills you.

I hate to say this word, but this anime is really progressive. I almost don't mean it in a derogatory sense of that word that is common here when it's used.
- Connected world
Depiction of technology is done really well. There was this line, though:
>thanks to you manipulating the GPS, we have a perfect alibi!
gps? fucking gps? the satellites? are you a motherfucker? he changed her location history, that is all.
this misnomer gets me everytime, "ooh it has something to do with geopositioning so it must be GPS it can't be anything else, that is all I know!", but it could be intended as it came from the technologically impaired character there.
- (some folks will really hate this one) Sex and sexuality. As in, LGB
Anything goes. Given it's a streaming release, but gay stuff was coming, and you knew it when you saw Free! and YoI. It was kinda touching, even. I hoped that nohomo sprinter would get saved by some miracle, overcoming himself, but oh well. Also, kataomoi homolust from Ryo*
- Character design
>basic, though stylish
>no shading
>it's not off-model it's dynamics, the artistic liberty!
Yeah, yeah. You know, >heeey but the storytelling is more imporant so it's okay to have crooked adobe-aided visuals as long as it's barely sufficient to tell the story
well yuasa has always been very economy in this aspect so can't really blame him for that
can't wait to see VEG's storytelling shit itself though

Truly, the pinnacle of modern anime.
Are we going to see more of this? Can't wait to see popularity measurements of this one.

I need to know, Was it good? please tell me they didnt fuck this up

I interpreted it as being non-diagetic and just to show that the lust thing is animalistic in nature.
Some early parts of the show feels like it's themed around the experience of puberty and dealing with body and personality changes, despite the characters being older than the initial burst of intense puberty.

How can the OP be so weird yet so fitting at the same time?

i thought I wouldn't see his signature three-split cut yet there it was, and then also this? a wall of text? who do they think they are?

No. They fucked up. Lower your expectations and you get a 7/10 standalone anime, but a shit adaptation.

10/10 quality anime, an emotional rollercoaster that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I laughed, I cried, I learned 42 new ways to season and cook a pork shoulder. Truly a new standard has been set that all future animation projects will be held in comparison to.

Thanks user, makes sense.

>tfw no weekly meme generation threads
It's kind of a shame.

/thread

>Some early parts of the show feels like it's themed around the experience of puberty and dealing with body and personality changes, despite the characters being older than the initial burst of intense puberty.
Thought so as well, one of many really strange decisions by Yuasa. Almost as if he barely got what Devilman was about.

Damn, this anime takes so many things I hate in modern anime, I was expecting to recommend it to a friend but forget about that, I am gonna use the old OVAs.

It was AOTS for sure.

*heavy breathing*

I liked it more when it was splashed with yellow paint.

Whoever made that stitch should feel bad.

Anyone got a webm of the wet dream?

There is no subtext for it no matter how deep you look.
>hurf durf what am I feeling Akira my chest feels feels tight
Amazing.

Here

Maybe he has no connections or doesn't want to earn rice bowls for a living?

Too busy doing all of the music for monogatari

>haven't read the manga
Nigga, what are you doing?

That was yuasa as fuck. Nice.

Could you be less creative and predictable, please?

You know damn well it's not obligatory, bur like complimentary.

Man the OVA was so much better.

Just finished it. It was great but there were a couple of things that the manga did better. Off the top of my head Jinmen didn't have the same punch he had in the manga despite merging with Akira's dad and eating his mom. And while the ending was fantastic, I think it might've been better if Satan mentioned that he did to humans what God did to the demons. It's a relatively minor complaint and I still shed tears over it, and the episode before it too. All in all I thought it was a great re-imagining of Devilman.

>dat donkey

Not really. It was different.

is this the miami hotline of anime

>tfw knew Miki's fate and even then still felt destroyed

Only watched the 1987/90 OVAs. Disliked Birth, enjoyed Sirene. How much will I hate this?

I can summarize the entire show with this: #notAllDemons

Two episodes in, it's pretty shit so far.

Stay for the sex and the comedy.

I thought had to do with the whole complex she has about Miki, showing how low she feels about lusting over Miki's stepbrother and fucking her cameraman. That's what makes the most sense to me, although only in retrospect since you don't know about any of Miko's baggage when it actually happens.

Minimalist artstyle is no excuse for crappy animation to be honest

Wait, you guys weren't kidding about him nutting so hard it splatters all over the ceiling?

Poor art taste detected

>Eva is inspired by Devilman
>Devilman Crybaby makes throwback to Eva
IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

You're gonna anger Yuasa fanboys saying stuff like that.

>Miki is mixed

Where the hell is the 1080p rip? The 720p rip is blurry as fuck and the banding on the stream is horrible. I just want to watch Devilman in good quality.

kill yourself

Yuasa has made stuff with way better stories like this.
Naw Kemonozume was better.

Is he part of the cast?

pay for netflix platinum for 4k streaming goy