ITT: anime that gives you anxiety

or negative emotions in general

I find relating to the protagonist much worse than anything

aristotle's metaphysics

watching this while coming of age killed me :(

pic related resonates with me to so much, I cried for 30 minutes when I rewatched NHK last summer, and even shed some tears just from taking this screenshot right now.

I'm not anxious but depressed so I don't know how much I can contribute to this post.

It's difficult to find anime sad when your life is worse. Speaking from experience since my life has improved and I start finding anime sad again.
Instead of just jealous.

Also, it's a manga not an anime but Goodnight Punpun triggered my first and only real, planned, seriously attempted suicide attempt

This one

you did well, after all

I bet you did some dumb attention whore shit like taking pills instead of doing it like a man by shooting yourself or stepping in front of a train.
Most suicide "attempts" by tumblr faggots like you are like that.

Also this one manages to have great suspense moments in battles over otherwise mundane settings, and even that is nothing compared to the overall message of success and loss due to bad choices in life that the show often presents

>or negative emotions in general
Anything where cute girls die.
yes, I am that shallow

I had to take breaks just to get through the beginning. And even then I was still was still painful.

Most of Eva but especially any scene where characters are screaming in terror.

All of them. Knowing that I will never be loved or just happy is too much for me.

was this anime really that good/bad?
People is more divided than ever on this show

I thought it was really average desu

If you're in his position it's a must see because it's so on point.
>he gets his shit together in his early 20s
>tfw you're pushing 30 and still living like that

I choked up at a few parts too.
Seeing Satou and Yamazaki having fun together reminded me of all the friends I used to have in school. And how at this point in our lives, even if we have male friends, we can never have that level of carefree bro time like we used to.

Heads up, the anime is the vanilla version of Welcome to the NHK.

Most suicide attempts are a call for help or attention. People who are determined about it usually don't tell people anything.

I don't know about that, aside from going into further detail about Sato's drug usage in the LN I liked the anime a lot more than the LN. Especially the development of Yamazaki's character.

Usually those kinds of shows are bad anyway because it's just edge faggottry.

it was alright: the characters are more than cardboard cut-outs, the mechs are pretty badass themselves and the battles are engaging, but it suffers from bad pacing and renton is a huge fucking faggot until episode 30 or so (and even then is just a lesser faggot)
i also want to have sex with Eureka, but Anemone is best girl

What drugs is he taking?

quasilegal psychedelics from the deep web

Any time a cute girl dies I genuinely get a bout of anxiety.

Pic related. Few days ago was a comfy thread about it so i thought about rewatching it.
Never thought that it will be so hard to watch. After end i sit down in bathroom and cried cause my father killed himself hal year ago and when i thought that he could be a haibane in this anime sonething broke inside me. I'm 28 and have rather good life but I've cried frok the bottom of my heart for 2 hours because of that.

So no specific drugs are mentioned?

I want too, and i haven't watched the anime yet
so, basically, the problem with the whole show is the mc?

Someone just ripped the official translation of the manga and I have to say, it's better than the anime. Gives more depth to Misaki's manipulative personality. Overall though I miss this series, honestly brings me back to the good old times and motivated to make shit happen.

>so, basically, the problem with the whole show is the mc?
he is a big part of what i don't like about E7, but i hate the filler garbage most of all especially every single episode they devote to Eureka's annoying shit children
also people like to call it a NGE rip-off, and im inclined to agree because of the ending with a whiny bitchboi protag, a secret society manipulating the world military and a mysterious and distant blue-haired 14 year old girl mech pilot who is secretly also some kind of alien-human hybrid who is designed to destroy the world

Fuck, my condolences.

that ending sounds even better than NGE

also Eureka has children? not virgin? eww

adopted children, after she murders their parents

oh, that's so cute!
good girl

Thanks. Punpun is another prime example of me relating to works that carry a depressing and cynical tone. I'll even go as far as stating that I dropped in in the past with no intention of retracing my steps, which I did in a recent depressive episode. The end result was one of the most complete, unique and deep experiences I had.

Specific cases would include 2 groups. The first one includes characters that suffer due to reasons beyond their control: Obscure forces, social prejudice, inefficient large systems etc. (my response is rage and frustration over how unfair life is). The second one includes characters that are confronted with personality flaws they (and I) have, especially when it's the "strong leader with major flaw" archetype (my responses range from self pity if they manage to overcome them, or empathy if not). Koe no Katachi and Code Geass are 2 anime that have both (and in abundance), but I can think of A LOT of specific ones.

I've been suffering severe anxiety for the couple of years and rewatching NHK made it so much worse. All I could think of after watching it is the time ive spent having fun around with friends in high school, and how my life turned out to be right now, a shitty coward who refuse to go out and just waiting for some turning point in my life to happen. Most anime triggers my anxiety nowadays watching those good fun moments in the show made me realise it wont happen ever again in my life.

Reading this triggered my anxiety.

This gets me every time.
Also, as bad as the anime adaption may be, the fingernail scene from higurashi makes me anxious.

This is what I like about Haibane Renmei, as opposed to other works that deal with similar themes which usually carry a rather cynical and/or comical tone. It's incredibly sincere and heartfelt so much that you don't even feel bad or anything if you end up crying while watching it, at least I didn't.

I don't even know the characters, I don't even know what they exactly did in their previous life that caused them to land in that kind of timeless/seemingly purposeless setting, I don't even know who or what Rakka's crow is. I don't know shit in fact, but the anime is still able to provoke a visceral reaction from me and allow me to empty what I kept accumulating out of bitterness and self-hatred for many years. It's something not even NHK, 3-Gatsu nor Punpun managed to make me do, I even ended up being bored by them and wished I was watching Rakka burry the crow that followed her once more instead and use this newfound epiphany to help Reki.

I have no idea why that show worked so well for me, but one thing I know for sure is that I owe it a lot.

The suicide pact episode gets me every damn time.

I don't believe in afterlife but surely your father will be a good Haibane with a beatiful dark wings

watched NHK this summer, it gave me peace of mind in embracing the HITORI BOCCHI

Something about this show just feels so off that it honestly makes me terrified looking towards the future

Every time that a character who i hempaty or like get his heart broken

Fuck you eli i will never forget you bitch

Watamote. It was one of the most cringy anime experiences I had in a long time.