So have the denizens of Sup Forums settled on an anime of the year for 2017?

So have the denizens of Sup Forums settled on an anime of the year for 2017?

General consensus seems to point to either Houseki no Kuni or Made in Abyss.

Why is it always moefaggots making these fucking things, they need to be taken out back to look at the fucking rabbits.

Because only moetards are autistic enough to make them.

>not kememe friends

>asking a question that you answered with the image you posted
What part of official and objective did not not understand, OP?

MiA middle episodes were fucking boring
HnK should win but Sup Forums still spergs about muh CG

>they need to be taken out back to look at the fucking rabbits
Are you talking about Gochiusa? S3 announcement when

Please don't confuse those idiots with SoL fans. It takes a special kind of cancerous faggot to assume Hibike! Euphonium was "anime of anything" taking into consideration it was nothing more than a polished turd that didn't even do well even among longtime Kyoani fans. Made in abyss is a similar deal. Yes, it has moeblob characters but it attracts edgelords like crazy (assholes with bad taste)

Dragon Maid was so boring.

Why do you always fucking make a thread then completely ignore what everyone says and just use the same series you wanted. Like who the fuck wanted Umaru chan R.

That list seems very subjective. The only one I can agree with is Non Non Biyori, which was a true gem. Other titles there seem suspect. Like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid was good (at best), but I don't see how it could be "anime of the 2017!" of Sup Forums at all. It seems extremely silly to assume a whole board would agree on it too, as most people here didn't even care to discuss it, and it remained sort of obscure even while it was on. I'm guessing that list is maintained by some yurifag trying to push his personal taste?

>Hyouka
>Maid Dragon
>Kyoanus fags this delusional

2002: make that Haibane Renmei. AD was great, but in a superb year like 2002 just being great isn't enough.
2003: I'd go for Texhnolyze, but ok.
2004: agreed
2005: I'd save Aria for 2008 (Origination). 2005 is Mushishi.
2006: Haruhi, obviously.
2007: I'd have Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but Mononoke is cool too.
2008: agreed.
2009: How about Eve No Jikan? Mediocre year, though.
2010: Sora no Woto was nice, but Tatami Galaxy takes the crown that year.
2011: one of the best anime years ever. So much greatness. I'd go for Penguindrum, but Madoka and Nichijou are close.
2012: agreed.
2013: Shit year, but Uchouten Kazokou is obviously best show.
2014: Can live with that. Or Ping Pong?
2015: Another crap year. Yuri Kuma Arashi for me.
2016: Can't think of any truly great anime that aired in 2016. Certainly not Hibike S2. Maybe Flying Witch is the least mediocre show.
2017: Better than 2016 but still pretty bad. SSR for me.

>has the years of both Planetes and K-On!! airing
>neither are in the image
This is a fucking joke list.

Pretty good taste you got there user

It's either Kememefriends, Made in Piss or Steven Universe.

>OP ignores K-On!, which is still loved to this day, and puts that embarrassing forgettable shitstain Hibike! on the list
OP is a special kind of cancerous faggot

Sora no Woto is Haibane Renmei done right.

>not PriPri
I think not.

>PriPri
That one raised the bar, but OP is too busy trying to push his personal choices. Notice how he felt the need to put "Objective" on the image because he knew his personal yuri list would be questioned

Every single one of those is pure shit. Kill yourself.

How annoying can a motherfucker be? Fucking retard has been spamming the same shit for months, even years. Go get a job.

Especially if it's for spouting nonsense like that.

Holy shit Kyoani is about to win AOTY 3 years in a row

>over 50% of images on Sup Forums catalog at any given time are "moe" stylized girls
Sup Forums is a moe board.
You appear perturbed.

The only ones you could argue are shit are the 2016 and 2017 choices, the other shows are inarguably great

It is either Kemono Friends or Made in Abyss, there is no ifs, ands or buts.

but MiA was great, and I fucking hate moe-heavy anime
>it has moeblob characters but it attracts edgelords like crazy (assholes with bad taste)
just admit you haven't watched the show

I would hand that to Kizu (III).
Enjoyed that by far the most.

>3DCG or Made in Edgebyss
No.

>over 50% of images on Sup Forums catalog at any given time are "moe" stylized girls
that's just because moe is so generic and overused 90% of anime uses the style

Can anyone explain to me what makes Made in Abyss apparently so great?
Dropped it at episode one, since I strongly felt it wasn't made for me, but people keep telling me it's good and it keeps popping up.
Is that (stealth) marketing doing its job or what?

Edginess.

It's Kemono Friends you autistic piss bags.

How big is the stick you have shoved up your ass? I mean your taste is pretty good, don't get me wrong here, but are you truly unable to enjoy 99% of all anime you watch?

Kemono Friends is, hands down, the most influential anime of the year. It deserves the spot.

Can someone explain me what's the deal with Hyouka? Visuals aside it's just the lamest detective story ever, the whole episode you have these boring teenagers just speculating over dumb irrelevant shit.

>sub-MMD quality 3DCG
>AOT anything

Kyoanifags. All of the kyoani shit up there is like that.

>picking shit CG instead of the only good CG show so far

>Hyouka is LITERALLY too deep for this guy

I don't care about CG. I didn't even particularly love anything this year. All I can tell you is that KF was such a surprise, and such a phenomenon that choosing anything else for the year is short-sighted. Ten years down the road it's going to be the title that pops out at people when they browse the list from this year.

Make way.

Just because it suddenly became extremely popular doesn't mean it's the best anime of the year. Do you consider Love Live the AOTY of 2013?

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid throws the notion of the nuclear family out the window and its exploration of what this relationship means. The odd couple Tohru and Kobayashi, both disenchanted with their lives, find comfort in each other's companionship. Tohru makes no secret about a romantic and sexual attraction to Kobayashi, and while she never explicitly returns those feelings, Kobayashi accepts her role of a parent/partner raising their daughter, Kanna. The series shines not for exaggerating their eccentricity, but normalizing it. As wild as its gag comedy can get, Maidragon isn't afraid to slow down and soak in a moment. It derives both its humor and heart from the mundane goings-on of this family. Through each other, they find a sense of belonging, of togetherness, of home.

None of them have a support system in their birth family, be it due to physical separation, trust of lack of care. By the end of the series, their family with each other allows them to rediscover home, their family makes each feel whole again. Despite her misgivings toward Humanity, Tohru find the acceptance she never got from the humans or dragons in Kobayashi. Kanna gets the loving and nurturing attention she didn't get from her family, while Kobayashi regains the feeling of purpose she lost in the monotonous, lonely shuffle of a regular life.

As the family circle expands, each new member finds something they were missing. Maid Dragon is an emphatic tribute to the power of family; how it shapes us, binds us together and gives us place. These invaluable connections allow us to feel complete and fulfilled. Family can be as regular or irregular as necessary to give you that feeling. There is no singular idea, as it carries different weight to every person.

It's not influential and will be mostly forgotten in two years or so. If anything its rise and fall only cemented the grip big corporations have on the industry - they've learned they can get away with pretty much everything as long as they lay low through a few weeks of outrage, then everything will be back to normal.

here, holy fuck, completely forgot about K-On. Of course that should be AOTY 2009.

Popularity is one of the factors we should take into consideration, but, no, I would not say it's the only reason to give it to KF. KF redefined the level of quality we could produce for the absolute minimum of staff and budget. It's fun, it felt fresh, and it had a good balance of atmosphere. I know that not everyone will look at it so positively, but I know equally well that it will be the best remembered anime from this year.

I've been watching anime since the mid-eighties. I saw Macross before Robotech finished airing here. I had 4th generation bootleg betamax tapes of Armor Hunter Mellowlink. I watched every Brave series as they aired. I lived in Yokohama for ten years and waited IN QUEUE for the laserdisc release of the original To Terra. I've had lunch with Kunihiko Ikuhara and smoked a cigarette with Watanabe after a Seat Belts show. I've done it all. I've seen it all. I am a qualified expert.

Maid Dragon is THE greatest anime I have ever seen. Bar none. This is where the medium has been going since day one. From the very first cel, it was all leading to Maid Dragon.

A metaphor for the immigrant experience covering humanistic and social themes such as systematic sexism, family, loneliness, individuality, alienation, accepting and understanding others, adapting to society, appreciating the little moments in life, capturing the shortsightedness and transience of human existence and fitting in with society's expectations, this show will go down in history. It will change anime in a way not seen since Shogoki took her first steps in NGE.

>Popularity is one of the factors we should take into consideration
No.

It must be tough when you don't have any actual arguments to make

>kyoshit
>furryshit
>AOTY

>Hyouka
>let's speculate 20 minutes over the reason why the teacher next class got mad
>deep
genuinely kill yourself

KyoAni finds a way.

in almost every single case in this image, the runner up is leagues better than the winner

great worldbuilding, visuals and music, gets pretty emotional later on too
but if you dropped it on episode 1 it definitely wasn't for you

Plus it was r/anime's anime of the season, so you know it can't be that bad

MiA was a shit adaptation
If they didn't drag it so long we could get to the fun parts

Maid Dragon isn't my AOTY but at least it wasn't bad, unlike literally all of the runners up for 2017. Holy shit.

please stop false flagging my AOTY

wheres the lie

How was Ryoukou bad?

>it's popular so it's good

>AOTYs before 2012 are genuinely good shows
>AOTYs after 2012 is just moe garbage
what happened, Sup Forums?

Influential does not mean the same thing as popular. Popularity is just one contributing factor.

Most of the running was between Kemono Friends and Made in Abyss but Rakugo and Houseki were honorable mentions.

This image started popping up around then, so it's always less serious. There's less juicy fighting to be had over the anime of yesteryear.

Moeblobs do absolutely nothing with hamfisted philosophical garbage, shitty animation and a soundtrack that doesn't fit at all.

SSR is absolutely AOTY.

Eromanga-sensei

>MiA

KyoAni is the greatest animation studio of all-time.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou is anime of the year.

You took to much chill pills.

Kemono Friends is the best anime of this century.

2002: Overman King Gainer
2003: Tokyo Godfathers
2004: Diebuster
2005: Mushishi
2006: Haruhi
2007: Lucky Star
2008: Natsume Yuujinchou
2009: K-On!/Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
2010: K-On!!
2011: Hanasaku Iroha
2012: K-On! movie
2013: Tamako Market
2014: Tamako Love Story
2015: Wakaba Girl
2016: Koe no Katachi
2017: Mahoutsukai no Yome
2018: Liz to Aoi Tori

We can all agree on this.

Almost.

Time to replace Maid Dragon with MiA I guess.

>Lucky Star
>K-On
This gave me cancer.

Moefags are the only reason that anime is dying.

This is a shockingly bad list

Worse, they're the reason it's thriving.

BASED Kyoto

Movies are judged independent of airing shows.

Dragon Maid and Houseki no Kuni are best choices, imo. Haven't seen Rakugou s2 but if it's as good as s1 or better, then that one could be a good pick too. What else was there in 2017? Sakura Quest, Made in Abyss, Mahoujin Guruguru,

Thought Little Witch Academia would be AOTY for sure, but sasuga Trigger, dropping the ball in the second half as usual. They should stick to doing short series or OVAs.

>Maid Dragon
>Umaru as runner up
What a garbage chart.

2012 is Hyouka year so KyoAni happened. Also Shirobako was 2014 so not everything is lost.

Did everyone already forget about ACCA 13?

That sounds arbitrary.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko was AotY 2017. Kobayashi-san was mediocre at best and even then I'd vote MiA over Kobayashi.

So any show that doesn't appeal to moefans is garbage?

>2009, No K-On
>2008, No Valvrave

Disgraceful.

Not yet. Still pretty far away from Ghibli, but if anyone can surpass them it's KyoAni.

Correct.

jesus fuck that's some trash taste
the only great show on there is madoka, the rest are mediocre or trash

What a shit list.

There's a lot of contenders this year.

Made in Abyss
Kino no Tabi
Mahoutsukai no Yome

But there can be only one true winner.

Aho Girl