DEVILMAN crybaby is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of our generation

DEVILMAN crybaby is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of our generation.

Devilman is older than your mom, kid

>Our generation
Speak for yourself child

>bloom
>reduced color palate, completely sterile
>half-assed CGI
>that banding in the sky
What the fuck is happening in the Industry when decades old hand-drawn budget cel animation looks better than equivalent budget or more CGI utilizing modern technology and techniques? Devilman looks like shit, dull and uninspired, like that of a lifeless cartoon.

Evangelion is the Evangelion of my generation.

>made 20 years later
>looks like shit by comparison
i will never understand why yuasa went from kemonozumes/mind games visuals to the dogshit we have today.

This really makes me appreciate how good EoE looks compared to that piece of shit on the right

Was the water in Devilman supposed to be red? I mean obviously it was white in the manga, but I'm wondering if it was mentioned or something.

Tatami and Kaiba both looked better than those.

Night is Short, Walk on Girl was also one of his best looking works. It's just when he tries to make it less abstract like with this, Kemonozume or Lulu that it doesn't look great.

>Tatami and Kaiba both looked better than those.
no one gives a shit about horrible opinion you fucking philistine.

Wait is he a devil or a man?

I'm sorry, I prefer less generic, boring and effortless art than you.

>kemonozumes visuals direction is somehow generic and requires less effort than fucking toonami galaxy or kaiba
ok, this is clearly bait

Haven't watched it yet, does it end with the CLANG CLANG CLANG

It doesn't help that Netflix has garbage quality to boot, so even if the source was flawless it would looks like ass when streamed.

No, it's not, Kemonozume is just simplified realism with pretty standard use of color. Kaiba and Tatami are abstract, creative and original. Don't tell me you actually think any of the character designs in Kemonzome are more interesting than the alien designs of Kaiba.

Yes, but it takes a very different route to get there

>Yes, but it takes a very different route to get there
Not really, all key events are there.

Yeah, no kidding. Not only is the bitrate low, there's banding and aliasing. Whatever automated encoding schemes they have going are garbage - probably care more about saving bandwidth than quality.

Is Devilman Jesus?

Did any of you ever read the manga past the 1st one? I ended up just watching everything after that.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the bait threads started showing up

The rivers are turned to blood

I can't wait to watch a properly encoded Blu-ray rip of a Netflix anime. That's gotta be a first for me.

Considering Netflix is literally 35% or more of all internet traffic these days, yea they probably care a whole hell of a lot about maximizing their bandwidth.

Kek you weren't even in your dad's balls yet when Devilman was published retardo

Anno references in my Nagai adaptation? Yuasa confirmed for bro.

Well, why don't the ignorant masses care?

dumb kekposter

Care about what? Maximizing their bandwidth while being the mostly highly trafficked entity on the internet? Or are you sperging about quality? I think the answer to both of those questions is pretty obvious.

This.
OP specified crybaby, you inbreds.

Why do people pay for restrictive DRM and a service that mines your data when it doesn't even offer a measure of video quality?

I loved everything about this but the fuck ending. The ending is what made Devilman so great, they just had to fucking butcher the best thing about the manga. Fuck Yuasa.

But the ending is literally the same, what the hell are you talking about

It's slightly changed here and there, ignoring the new story elements they added.

The sequence of events towards the end really pissed me off though. The changed thing around for no reason, just to make it worse or less effective as reveals or composition of the scenes. I probably preferred almost panel to panel shots at the end but just add the big fight scene.

Ah good others thought so too.
Like that last frame of the fight ruined everything for the talk scene later.

That’s actually true, my mom was born dec 4, 1972

>Eva reference
fucking based, renewing my netflix subscription

>literally the same,
Some stuff leading up to it were switched around. the "big reveal" was done so much better in the manga then the true horror came after Akira had one thing left.

And the very last bit, I think it's better not to show that extra scene and end where it ends in the manga. But that's more personal taste.

>But the ending is literally the same
Please kill yourself shitposter.
Where in the anime is this line ever implied or stated?

Damn, being fully honest I did not remember that. You're right, that phrase not being there is pretty bad.

I did. Because to me that redeem Ryo. Here he was even worse, but had that scene stayed in the anime, I might have been less harsh on this adaption on Ryo. I'm actually more critical of this one because Ryo was all MIGHT IS RIGHT as a little boy, so for him to learn that it at the end would complete his character arc, but that never happened.

They should have kept this

Yet another worthless Yuasashit. Can't believe "patricians" were excited for this trash

That too. Also I didn't care for the changes in the outcome or reasoning of the previous war between God and Satan. Like, why change it? Biggest issue for me was they changed parts for no apparent reason.

I wanted that line of how his plans fell apart because he (it, whatever) loved Akira and wanted him to survive, but nope gone. Why? That last chat Ryo and Akira had where Akira realizes who he is and speaks his name at a distance with the sun shining, gone. Why?

Devilman Crybaby would've been 10/10 if Masaaki did something different from the source material at the end. As is it's just a very good adaptation of a classic manga in the style of Masaaki Yuasa.

DEVILMAN LADY REMAKE IS GONNA BE SICK

I actually really like that God in Crybaby is not a jerk. God cares about humans, he actively stops the demons from wiping out the humanity, but he doesn't interfere in the war because humans need to fight for goodness in their hearts on their own. He even cares about the demons, those heaven missiles? They're symbolic tears.

Are you retarded? God doesn't care about humans - he only cares about having Satan go through the endless loop of suffering by destroying earth and reviving it again. They're symbolic tears, but not for humanity. If anything, humanity is a circumstantial race.

Well I can accept that and that's a neat twist if that is the case, but the issue here is that Satan doesn't learn the fucking lesson that wiping out humanity is wrong. I didn't give a fuck about Ryo in this adaption, which is a huge problem since he is second main character.

Is it actually out yet? It said Jan 5 but I'm still only seeing the trailer on U.S netflix

Crybaby is based on the manga you inbred

Those could be tears for Satan. God doesn't give a shit about humanity or demons, he only gives a damn about Satan. If he did give a shit, he wouldn't have humanity and demonkind be caught up in his eternal parental abuse of his asshole son.

>but the issue here is that Satan doesn't learn the fucking lesson that wiping out humanity is wrong
He does, he starts crying at the end. During the final episode we see a repeating imagery of Akira trying to pass the baton to Ryo. The baton represents his beliefs. Well, at the end when we see Ryo crying it's an indication that Akira did finally succeed in passing the baton. Masaaki is a visual director, so most of his storytelling is the visuals.

Unless there's nipples it's not Devilman.

Poor Akira. The only straight human in a world of gay

God does care about all his creations in Crybaby. In the manga God only appears at end to wipe out the remaining life on the Earth and start again, but in Crybaby God first appears to stop a nuclear missile launch that would've triggered a nuclear war that would've killed all humans. There is no reason for God to do that, if he only cared about torturing Satan he could've destroyed the Earth at that very moment. No, God gave humans and demons a chance to become good.

There's a lot more than a pair.

my father is dead

The dome of light over Russia and people turning to salt, it was in the manga too. The whole government was replaced by demons, going to launch all nukes and the light appeared. The idea was to stop the demon's plans to wipe out humans. But when humans did it to themselves, no help there.

Not much is changed for all the dome of light parts. It was more mysterious in the manga, only seen approaching at the very end and it's shown to be made of Angels, all looking exactly the same as Satan.

B^U

At least someone gets it.

A lot of the underlying themes that were told in the manga are still present, just not through words anymore. Or they were told previously, just not at the same timing as in this adaptation. I like it being more subtle in that respect.

>devilman crybaby is an anime and not a movie
Netflix and their binge fetish is cancer

Poor Devilman. I just wanted to see him and Miko together. lol. I give this show a 7/10. The ending wasn't that great. The animation could have been better too. But not too bad.

So what do the angels just fix the earth in the end and fuck off?

They wipe all demons and "reset" earth. It was God's plan all along and he just manipulated Satan to achieve it.

It's only 10 episodes, you can basically treat it like two movies.

Neon Genesis Evagelion was never original and Anno is a hack,with the only good things he ever achieved was his direction with Gunbuster and Shin Gojira.

I understand the fact that you want to shitpost and call Eva bad, but you don't even include KareKano here? Fucking disgusting.

>watching anime now is a cancer
What?

Left is a film.

I'm so fucked up....

God doesn't but kill demons, he allows humans to be wiped out 20 years till he actually does something.

How about when it actually happens?

That post is nonsense, nobody from any era expects a TV show to look as good as a film. If we expected every anime to look like Akira then we would just give up and say they all looked like shit. Hell 80% of anime released since Anne of Green Gables look worse and that is a TV show.

Akira is literally me

Except he's not a fat ugly piece of shit that is a drain on society

>as good as a film
That webm is from the show, not EoE.

Anno is a hack.

Well since it also has a theme naming of Japanese navy stuff, it worked out pretty well.

There is plenty of far superior animation in Devilman to that webm. Not sure what your point is.

dude has a nice beard tho

Post a webm. I didn't see it, and I'm not going to rewatch just to look for some odd gem.

They're doing the whole Earth is in a cycle of death and rebirth. Which was something the original Devilman "series" started to do when Nagai can't do anything but rehash and connect everything back to Devilman. Violence Jack, Lady, probably Saga too are like alternate versions of Earth recreated after the first events of Devilman. This Crybaby universe does the same thing having Devilman existing within the world as an old anime, much like it was in Lady.

It's a desperate move to have a future in a franchise when the world ends right at the first one. Nothing can be one and done. I did kind of like the end of Lady though.

>it looks so lifeless compared to Eva
Yeah man, when I look at a still frame for 90 seconds straight, all I can think is "It's so full of life!"

>atemping to criticize the single best anime scene ever made
Nice try.

In the manga, it made sure to highlight Akira and Satan fucked up and could have avoided this with proper communication.
In the anime, Akira is portrayed as correct and Satan is some kind of autist you couldn't reach with communication. All for MUH CRYBABY title drop.

>image.png
Maybe if you put down your phone, you'd be able to see the sense of scope in even a still image. Phoneposting retard.

They really fucked up Ryo to make Akira the only one he loved or something. That Satan fell in love with a human doesn't mean that Satan didn't love other beings, it's just that Akira was the first person they loved in a personal level rather than benevolence and sympathy.

Yuasa really fucked up this concept.

>that one being the Best scene
>Not the elevator one.

>I did kind of like the end of Lady though.
The end of Lady is both amazing and frustrating.

How long will it take for you to decide to kill someone you love ?

Aaaaarrrrrggghh............

What is Evangelion? Like Jesus the Animation?

Taro eating his mom and crying while his dad watches was the most fucked up thing think I've seen

I dont understand why if you could see literal devils and demons are all over the place that should erase any doubt in god so why would you just start randomly shooting people. Why wait until visual confirmation of an afterlife to start doing evil shit?

you can stream netflix shows in "high quality" on a 3rd world favela internet connection, there's bound to be quality issues

Just download it

Why does Ryo remind me of Ultra Necrozma?

Of course Eva will look better in still frames, it barely moves. Of course Crybaby will look worse in still frames, it's literally constantly moving. There aren't actually people so retarded that they can't understand this, right?

Fear for survival