Netflix Castlevania >>>>> Devilman Crybaby

Netflix Castlevania >>>>> Devilman Crybaby

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouMNrL4zmd0
villains.wikia.com/wiki/Shaft_(Castlevania)
villains.wikia.com/wiki/Graham_Jones
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where's my season 2

Castlevania is a good game series but that adaptation was not anime. Go play rondo of blood and Super Castlevania if you haven't

Not enough episodes to compete.

Sometime this year, pretty soon i think. but its only going to be 8 episodes

100% anime

>but its only going to be 8 episodes
really? I haven't played the game but will it cover the whole story of the game?

I couldn't finish Castlevania. Why do western TV writers think it's necessary to insert a quip every 15 seconds? We have Marvel movies for that shit.

Oh, and the way the church was portrayed as cartoonishly evil and corrupt was absolutely retarded. I get, you're a liberal author and you hate Christianity, you don't have to be so direct in your beliefs.

That's historical

Church WAS evil and corrupt

>We have Marvel movies for that shit.
and Star Wars.

>animated by frederator and powerhouse
>written by ellis
>directed by another murrican
Not even 56% anime

Apparently The Last Jedi was kino on the level of Batman v. Superman according to Sup Forums.

>bad guys pretending to be religious means the entire church is evil
Nice projection

I dont think you can compair the 2 really. Devilman was an edgy action anime, where as castlevania was more like a marvel super hero show with gore and vampires. Honestly I can say I liked both very much.

That's a huge oversimplification.

The quips were annoying as fuck but the thugs in robes were not 'the church' or men of God.

>Oh, and the way the church was portrayed as cartoonishly evil and corrupt was absolutely retarded.
Knock it off with that shit, ever hear of the Spanish inquisition? The church in this time and setting it was placed in was more on point. Hell the witch trials in Britain was all over the place.

It certainly did not accept science and non believers with open arms. It's thanks to the church a lot of our history was lost during the dark ages.

It’s not anime. It was made by a british fedora tipper

>believing the dark ages rome-wank myth
W e w
Because Galileo getting called a crazy by some peasants outweighs all medical agricultural and artistic development that occurred right

>It's thanks to the church a lot of our history was lost during the dark ages.
Again, a huge oversimplification. The church was the only place where you could get a good education during that era and it's thanks to the church that we still have some pieces of antique culture.

>Thinking Galileo was the only one persecuted
You do realize there were others before him who were torched before him right?

>good education during that era and it's thanks to the church that we still have some pieces of antique culture.
Yeah controlled education, that didn't defy their own bible teachings. They only taught what they felt needed to be taught.
Hell even drawing cartoon animals is the tomes they had to write over and over again was punished.

>Sup Forums likes the Last Jedi.
WTF I hate the Last Jedi now

>castlevania
>anime

Not from what I saw, they seemed posses about everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouMNrL4zmd0

there isn't an organization that exist that isn't corrupt

>doodling in textbooks should be allowed mommy why is the church so evil

>I made a picture mommy why to i habe to whip myself?

Meh, they're all going to be hardcore faggotry of all kinds and antichristianity propoganda. But the art will be kind of good so I guess we can let it slide.

>the church
>not cartoonishly evil
Dude they killed millions on the grounds they were witches.

>implying physical punishment for goofing around only occurred in medieval times
Go hold some buckets of water outside of your room user

>Yeah controlled education, that didn't defy their own bible teachings.
Right, like it's so different now. Try to oppose gender studies and you'll get publicly humiliated.

>oh please father throw into a dungeon and starve me half to death for not taking back what I said, then whip me, then burn me at the stake.

>it's thanks to the church that we still have some pieces of antique culture
Not at all it's mostly thanks to the Bizantine Empire and their antiquebooism.

You're really going to compare the developed understanding we have of sex, gender and the ways our brains work with religious dogma?

I love devilman
but I agree

>only the christian church has ever committed witch-hunts
Belief in foul magic and punishment for it has been around since babylonian times

>anti christian propaganda
Nice try netflix.

Yeah NOW
The story in which castlevania is set in the PAST! You know when the Church was doing corrupt shit. That's when the story takes place, that's when shit was brutal, that's when they were very corrupt. That's what they were emulating. Did you not get that? I mean it is very obvious they are in medieval times. How can you equate the church of now with the one in the PAST? How could you think that normies would believe the church is like that now from a fictional cartoon show?

That's what the liberal propaganda tells you but it never tries to explain you why they did it. The main reason for the inquisition was to combat the rapidly rising influence of foreign religions and cultures, in particular Islam.

But the church was depicted as normal in Castlevania, you could even kneel in front of a cross in Chronicles to gain a life up which was referencing praying. Also pic related

Funny how stupid people can be when they use Christian propaganda to save people in the show, like the Belmont whip and it was the short sighted failings of a minister that caused all this, not Christianity yet you still claim a victim of anti propaganda. You are just as a pain in the ass like those sjws.

And what was the state religion of the Bizantine Empire?

villains.wikia.com/wiki/Shaft_(Castlevania)

You keep equating Christianity with the church.
The church did evil shit, twisted the word of Christianity to fit their own ideals, this wasn't against Christianity since the main character uses weapons of the Christian faith.

villains.wikia.com/wiki/Graham_Jones

>implying it wasn't a power play
>implying you know shit about papal relations in the middle ages
>implying you know shit about history in general.

>witches.
Bruh...the witches were kinda evil scum. Like...seriously fucked up.

And there were a few in the american colonies..actually it was mostly a sex slavery ring with pedophilia and rape. But they expanded it to include anyone that pissed them off.

that was not the fault of the "Church" you utter fucking retard. It was done by retarded Protestants during the Reformation

Also a priest creating holy water actually saves the day and helps Belmont with fighting the demons.

The point was that the church did support the belmonts but they were corrupted and the priest was a part of it. That's why the demons attacked him in the church and god (who is real in this show) didn't protect him.

Not all of them
He'll Salem witch trials it was mostly accusations from teenagers at other teenagers. People were outing each other left and right mostly in Britain, completely innocent of anything.

>unironically believing in super duper magic man who lives in the clouds
Why are christians so dumb?

Please post more threads about this western crap.

you know you have to rid jews and muslim conversos who wanted to infiltrate the Spanish kingdom.

Wasn't Shaft Dracula's bitch.
Graham always confuse me, if you think that you are reincarnation Dracula why the fuck would you be a missionary.

You're trying to apply logic to people who formulate arguments with their hurt feelings.
Your cause is a lost one, over on Sup Forums they realized this and eventually stopped feeding into the retardation. Mostly. Just accept that they're triggered over the depiction of the church and move on.

Exactly, its the false flagging religious retards that take the whole thing out of context so they can feel victimized.

Castlevania is not anime so fuck off

>Belief in foul magic and punishment for it has been around since babylonian times
Sure but who else has records and evidence of widespread slaughter of this scale?
Not to mention that the people convicted were for the most part women, midwives, pharmacists, people with mental disabilities, epileptics, people who did nothing but needed to be done away with somehow, etc. To say nothing of jews and cathars who were routinely executed because christianism's intolerance for other religions used to be scrupulously indulged.

>millions
The Salem witch trials killed only like 20 people. I know there's probably been more than that through history but it's hardly fucking "millions".

Well when you put it like that, v still does get triggered over stupid shit, like if you talk about one final fantasy you are shitting on their final fantasy and throw a bitch fit.

>made in Japan
>not anime
Imagine being this retarded.

There were more in Britain a lot more

this. Also adding that most of the "witches" they killed were Irish Catholics

>adaptation is completely western down to the animators
>b-but the source material!
really makes you think

>made in Japan
Retard. Animation studios who made this aren't from Japan

>talk about witch trials
>muh salem
Burger education at its finest. Dude open a wikipedia page about europe everyonce in a while thanks.

>christfags will defend this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

You do realize the witch trials weren't in just Salem right?

Yes. Yes they do. And even they have moved on past the people butthurt over Netflix Catlevania. Use that as motivation.
Anyway, shouldn't this thread be in Sup Forums or something?

No since this is also about devilman

>I know there's probably been more than that through history but it's hardly fucking "millions".
(You)

To be fair no one expected them.

This mother fucker you forgot your pic

No one cares about a literally who region.

you do realize that the modern judiciary system wont exist if not for the Spanish Inquisition, right?

? Sup Forums hates TLJ, and for good reasons.

I can say the same about your puny witch trials.

>Sup Forums hates TLJ
Oh, so it's actually good then?

yeah but its just the same case as with Britain. They literally blame the Irish for everything. As for mainland Europe, the Inquisition were actually helping "witches" to be saved from retarded mobs of Protestants

It is. I loved it. It subverts expectations in a good way.

There we go

Okay faggot, let's look at the Spanish inquisition, one of the most infamous and bloody periods of religious persecution in all of European history. Estimates claim maybe 3,000-5,000 deaths. Still nowhere near the "millions" people pull out of their ass.

>good and evil exist in real life

But castlevania wasn't set in Salem now is it? It's set in a far off European country thatrampant with corruption.

>_ million

>It subverts expectations
True. I expected something good, got the worst movie of 2017.

>Le church isn't evil in castlevania

>Church
>Not corrupt

NIGGER, fucking DEATH was part of the church at some point

We have more than 7 billion people on Earth now. Back in those days, we had like, what, a few million? Those 5000 would be millions compared to today.

You fucking baby's get so butthurt. When did Sup Forums get populated with so many old nuns from the bible belt?

Russia had at least a hundred million alone

The church thing was just so they could have a filler arc before the castle act as a pilot mini-season

The writing was extremely terrible though

You know that in Symphony of the Night Lisa was unjustly executed as a witch just like in the show, right? They just didn't bother to show it.

Since Sup Forums.

Why in the name of God did they call it Crybaby