Yuuki Yuuna Yuusha wa Yuusha de Aru

So was this the "Yuuna will lunch everything into daijoubu" ending?

I still loved it. I still cried during most of the episode

I'm gonna miss them so much

>tfw that moment when Karin nearly died.
>tfw seeing Gin's silhouette
>tfw nogi and togou visiting Gin's grave

I'm glad there was a happy ending. They've been through too much suffering already. I think the ending was strongly catered towards the entire series' allegory

What did you think of the final episode, user?

ending after

I found it very disappointing, actually. After a certain point it became almost silly. I couldn't take it seriously anymore. Compare to when Gin's death brought me to tears, this felt kinda trite and even juvenile.

i just love this show...i can´t believe it is already over... what do i do now? (btw i have read NOWAYU and KUMEYU)

it was a nice ending but the final minutes were rushed as fuck... they didn´t even animate those scenes for fuck sake just still images. I hope we get a new series or the nowayu prequel or something

The entire latter half of the second season has been blatantly low budget as hell

I was barely paying attention to the cinematography but even I couldn't help but notice the use of stills

The best part of it was when _______ of all people arrived to help Tougou break the barrier. She truly dindu nuffin wrong.

It was obvious what kind of ending it was going to be the moment this guy showed up doing the standard anime "Evil Cult Leader" voice.

So how do I get into this series?

It was obvious what kind of ending it was going to be about halfway through the season, or whenever you remembered S1's ending.

Why did their handler lose an eye?

Base Yuuki Yuuna --> NoWaYu --> Washio Sumi (Yuyuyu s2) -- Yuuki Yuuna Yuusha no Shou (Yuyuyu s2)

Got interrupted mid wheatization most probably.

It turned into wheat.

There was an explanation in one of the volumes that people of the greatest faith in Shinju, will be able to come to his side while all others, live by his feet.

Thus, the greatest believers have turned into plants and became parts of Shinju.

*Episodes

So, next stop is Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru A?

Probably being an afterstory.

>i cannot pay attention for shit

I can't believe Gyuki was shinju-sama all along.

I want to lick Yuuna!

Shinju-sama was a hero.

It's confirmed some scenarios in A will be set in school before S2 and some will be set in post-Shinju world after S2. If we're lucky we might get a WaSuYu scenario too.

It should have been obvious to you when most of episode 5 was about the girls discussing why the Taisha's plan is shit.

I wonder what's up with the KuMeYu extra chapter. It felt out of place when it came out, and it feels even more out of place now that the story is over. It's like they hinted at a bunch of plot developments that totally contradicted the anime and then they got swept under the rug.

We also know the titles of 2 out of 10 chapters.
>To the depth of the Hero club
>Yuuna sometimes becomes a little sister

Read NoWaYu. If it doesn't interest you, nothing else in the franchise will be. It has the best couple.

It was never explained

Why wasn't this season renamed to Shinju-sama wa Yuusha de Aru?

OP is a faggot

Actually all of the faeries were Shinju-sama

People are interpreting the ending far too literally

It's supposed to be metaphorical

Explain

No, you fucking philistine

The entire series is a metaphor for perseverance / struggling with depression / suicidal ideation

It made a lot more sense than S1's ending, and I even thought Gyuki/Shinju's death was pretty sad.

Worst ending of 2017 and 2018 for sure

What a stupid explanation. Next you will put politics into it.

Nah

There are clearly metaphorical aspects to the writing

You need three digit IQ to understand the ending.

Karin is the only one YuYuYu girl to get a real wound in two season.
Why Takahiro nate her so much ;_;

He dangled her death in front of us but didn't follow through

Would have been heartbreaking 2bh

But Fuu got nearly Isekai'd by the Heavenly Gods.

>Simple watch order
>Makes it complex

>He dangled her death in front of us but didn't follow through
Because the purpose of the entire scene to be a repeat of Gin's final fight, only that Sonoko manages to save her this time and thus arrives at some sort of catharsis. Note how Sonoko projects Gin into Karin since all the way from the start.

Why is it that Karin always gets the great fights?

Just like when the WaSuYu LN came came out, going through the anime and the LN at the same time is the intended order.

Why Itsuki always looks the coolest when going Mankai

Someone post the dual wielding mebu pic pls.

The ending was really nice, and I liked it. Shinjuu-sama is a true Yuusha.
I don't want this to be the ending to whole franchise though. I want more!

Next LN surely will tell us what the deal is with Yuuna, right?

Is there a dual wielding Mebu pic?

Takashima was just BUNBUN accidentally reusing a design.

>there's another Yuuna
>she looks the same again
Though bonus points if she has green eyes.

6 episodes was a mistake. I'm not against the result but I'm against how it happened.

>Accidentally
>When they have the exact same personality and voice actors too
I'd say we are getting another Yuuna in the Akamine LN.

Me after S1.

Pretty much, I blame kadokawa. And its completely unjustified mistrust on this series. Washio BD box sold 6k and Yuusha BD will probably do nicely, considering it is at top 50 on stalker.

Bonus points if there's a black haired lesbian into her.

Now I have to wipe this season from my memory. This whole series just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. We went from one of the best mahou shoujos after Madoka to this. I don't care if this ending "makes sense" through your exact interpretation or through Shintoism, this whole ending is a giant mess. We went from Tougou disappearing to getting her back, then Yuuna curse only for it to be irrelevant because she had to do the Shinkon regardless, then invalidating the Shinkon because dead people are summoned at the last possible second, then the Shinju uses everything it has to restore the world (even though it was literally on its last legs). Not a single one of those is explored with enough time, and not a single one is made relevant after the next problem occurs. Why even bother with these arcs at all if you were just gonna punch it all into daijobou? Were the other club members even relevant this time around? They didn't do shit, especially in the final battle.

And what about all the consequences? The kids get off scott free but the Taisha's all fucking dead. Their kids must be pretty fucking depressed now. Karin's brother is probably dead now too, fuck me. Even worse, this is probably the end of the road since the Shinju isn't around to give people powers, so we're never getting a proper resolution to these questions. Woop dee doo, enjoy this ending consisting of fucking STILLS. I haven't felt this bad about an ending since Mass Effect 3.

What was up with the absurdly low levels of budget anyways? S1 didn't do badly so what the fuck? Was it just because the more recent LN entries did badly or something?

t. taishaman

You've got a point here. This is the climactic episode of one of your bigger franchises, but there's still obvious CGI throughout. It's like the entire budget for the season was put into the yuusha punch.

>"WHERE'S MY EDGY ENDING"

But how is Taisha posting on Sup Forums if they're all plants now?

It's not about the ending, it makes sense and really fits the franchise. The biggest problem is that KuMeYu starting with chapter 5 and Yuusha no Shou itself being a mess. I don't know what happened in the production committee after WaSuYu which was a nearly perfect adaptation, but I don't believe all the shit we got after that was intentional.

>Tougou
Explained in KuMeYu, Tougou being taken back starts the entire plot of the show.
>Yuuna curse doesn't matter
The curse is literally the only reason she wanted to do the Shinkon in the first place
>Dead people
The shinju has all of human history stored in itself, so except for Takashima for obvious reasons everyone else showed up including the mobage girls.
>On its last legs
Shinju went Mankai then Sanged. Just like Yuuna did in the ending of S1

There is nothing bullshit or rushed about the story in S2 at all, just low budget due to Kadokawa.

Good observation

Asspull.

I honestly liked this ending a lot more than s1, they just needed a bit higher budget to do it justice.

>They didn't do shit, especially in the final battle.
Just because a character didn't fight a lot it doesn't meant they were useless. Itsuki, Fuu and Karin had probably better small character arcs than the main duo.

Are you dense I'm not looking for an edgy ending I'm looking to scrub this whole season due to how unnecessary it was. Knowing what the ending is, none of the experiences they went through this season mattered at all. The characters didn't develop from their arcs this time. There was no reason for each event to happen since the next event makes it irrelevant. The amount of denial this season is off the charts. Even you have to see that none of the ending builds off the revelations of this season.

In an introspection, in a calm inspection of her own many negatives, Tougou found her taste for alpha waves to be the one that stood out the most. Next came her needless nationalism. With her nature being that of an inconsiderate woman, she was severely prone to speak the problematic words at the problematic time in the problematic amounts. She acknowledged that fact. The meaning of the deluge of letters she had just spouted out forth could easily be boiled down to the simple and meager two word sentence of "Nippon stronk". She was a wordsmith that folded words over thousand times. That is how she preferred to percieve and present her thoughts. It was small wonder those environing her would consider her a shitlady.

>>Sup Forums

Agreed

Who cares if there's any continuation to this shit when we know they will just resolve it with a punch in the face

We does every plot element need to be flawlessly interrelated?

Why do you insist on examining the plot in such a literal manner anyway?

KuMeYu was a mess from the beginning, it just wasn't as obvious during the early chapters when they just introduced the characters and their backstories (that never went anywhere). But when you think about it, wasting more than half of the LN on character introductions and then squeezing some half assed plot in the few remaining pages is just terrible pacing and shows that they completely lost sight of what they tried to do with the novel.

You can't punch gods with the power of gods if there are no gods.

>WaSuYu movies are released
>production committee realize they won't be able to do something remotely as good
>give up entirely

>it was so unrealistic

Literally one of the most idiotic criticisms one can bring to any cinematic art

Honestly, it seems the entire point of KuMeYu was to show just how meaningless it all was. They got promoted to "heroes" but that literally doesn't mean jack shit.

>when it's half-baked inside but already burnt on the outside
That's some next level suffering for everyone involved.

Karin yes, but I don't feel Fuu and Itsuki had much meaningful screentime.

Fuu was relevant for the plot for a little bit when truck-kun paid a visit, but didn't actually do anything as a character. When she grilled Yuna I can't really say that was anything new. You can say militant anti-taisha is a character trait in itself but I'll say in my subjective manner that it's lazy characterization.

>not even lesbian orgy end
For what purpose

S3 will reveal that Shinju actually finished the shinkon and Yuuna punching everything into daijobu was just an illusion he conjured up so the girls can feel at peace and live in the new world inside of him without knowing.

Itsuki did have some development though. the hospital scene showed that she's more mature now and can depend more on herself and even take care of her sister.

>lets make WaSuYu movies and air them separately
>good, so then about YuYuYu S2, we need a plot filling 12 episodes without vertex attacks
>lets make the first half of that the WaSuYu movies and only the latter half YuYuYu
>sounds great
Someone thought that was a great idea.

I want this to happen unironically

Nah you don't get away that easily. What I'm saying is the whole season is flawed. Tougou being brought back isn't a problem, but the writers wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Structure wise, you can only have the curse or the Shinkon, not both. Thematically, Yuuna didn't need the curse in order to push her toward the Shinkon. She would have done it as soon as she knew there were no other alternatives because that's who she is. Then you can set up the ending from the dread of the sacrifice. It probably would have been better to just reduce the stakes from the end of the world to just Yuuna's life with the curse. We could spend the ending on truly examining what it means to sacrifice as a hero. Having both just means that you have two things that will kill her, so really why wouldn't you just choose the sacrifice anyway. There's no stakes with the curse, sacrifice or you waste your life. That's why the curse is so useless.

Regarding everything else, there's no reason any of that couldn't have happened earlier. It's like we're the Taisha, there really is just one path presented to us. Despite analyzing this show to death there's no way you could know that the solution coming was even a remote possibility, even if you can justify it after the fact. Barely an allusion, no foreshadowing like with the offerings in S1. And if Yuuna's Mankai and Sange alone are enough to finish off the gods, then there truly was no need to go through the entire show. Shinju should have just realized that this could be done from the beginning. The biggest problem here is we have to assume what a fucking God is thinking, when it's never said anything and the only organization that claims to speak for it has no fucking clue about its other powers.

It's why the flower on Fuu's choker is pink.

I don't think you realize that the curse and the Shinkon need each other. Without the curse Yuuna would never agree to it sacrifice herself so easily, it's because she was so emotionally weakened that the fight in the clubroom happened. And without the Shinkon we can't get a conclusion to the curse plot that isn't just Yuuna dying of the curse. The two plots work together seemlessly, it's an amazing work of art considering they only had 6 episodes to work with. And I don't see how you can think Yuuna punching Leo in S1 is ok and her punching Amaterasu in S2 isn't, they're the same thing.

Ah-
I'm a little bit retarded. You're right. I don't think it was enough screentime, but I guess she's done the best with what she's got.

I still maintain Fuu accomplished jack shit and Sonoko was a plot device.

So YuYuYui ending?

>Shinju should have just realized that this could be done from the beginning.
At the cost of sacrifice himself.

>The curse is useless because she now has to do the shinkon
That's the entire point, she wouldn't ever agree to the Shinkon without the curse, just like the rest they would look for another way but there is no time for that anymore.
>Yuunas mankai
Again its Shinjus mankai, the literal last resort because he fucking dies after he does it. The gods had to be there to use it without wasting everything and this is the first time they actually showed up. You could say the Shinkon was bait for them to show up even.
>What is a god thinking
We don't know much but it's not like he did an asspull either. Taisha wouldn't be so hated by everyone if they could actually interact with the Shinju.

Yeah, I'm honestly rather disappointed Sonoko felt like a plot device and exposition than anything else. Hero Chapter would've felt too long using this plot with a full cour, but it desperately needed another 2 episodes or so.

>And if Yuuna's Mankai and Sange alone are enough to finish off the gods, then there truly was no need to go through the entire show.
It was the Shinju's Mankai and Sange you retard.
>Shinju should have just realized that this could be done from the beginning.
Even if it was possible from the beginning, it is easy to understand why the tree wouldn't want to kill itself.

There are so many glaring errors in your analysis, I suspected it when you said the ending was up to interpretation even if what happened is show far more clearly than in S1.

Maybe they'll get more love in the VN.

Muh nichijou