Was it a good adaptation?

Was it a good adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!IUsVVDRS!-k89nCeHx7BikddQfkywww
mega.nz/#F!lAtkFASB!azykK233NKj1pHYhQxU_OA
mega.nz/#F!lBUVXa5Y!kRRy_r3TlioK4nLC-h2rHw
youtube.com/watch?v=AwzPov-NsRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i loved it personally, havent felt this fucked up by a work of fiction in a while

10/10
i hate it!

did they release everything at once?

It was fantastic. I only wish the start wasn't so rushed and the art was a bit better during the chilled out moments.

Absolutely.
It was as faithful as it could be to the manga while taking a few liberties to not feel completely outdated.

A shame they changed the "My father died!" though.

>ryo is a full sociopath unaware of his feelings
>miki isn't a cunt and a slut
>akira doesn't tell humans to fuck off and kills them too, saying his only hommies are the devilmen
It was trash.

After the first 2 episodes I was expecting a fun and energetic adventure filled with hype and just the right amount of homolust.

What the fuck

Yes, i still don't know how i feel about this.

It was good definitely not a replacement for reading the original with all the changes

I was too hyped for the Jinmen Episode, and became disappointed with the whole fight and that they put the faces on the carapace and not the shell
not the back

Read Shin Devilman for that. Time travel adventures of Ryo and Akira.

Yes. A new interpretation rather than an adaptation though. In this day and age it's a rare thing for anime.

There was also way more fujoshit

The changes were for the more generic, "hero and heroine believe in the good of humanity" story.
Taro eating his mother was the most poignant original scene and demons were completely to blame.
I should've expected Yuasa to take that angle really.

user. Somebody must have given you the wrong idea. Feel free to vent by making a WEG chart.

nobody in japan has the balls to be as edgy as old man nagai

Nope....
No homo moments

Dissapointing

>A shame they changed the "My father died!" though.
This honestly bothered me a little bit more than I feel it should have. Like, I was enjoying the show but I kept thinking "Man I wish they had kept the my father died scene"

Yuasa straight out changed Akira exterminating humans too and saying he'll only protect his devilmen. Made him all "but muh human heart".

Guess what no one has fully scanned or translated Devilman Saga, Violence Jack or Devilman Grimoire.

So have a go at it yourselves, you lazy fucks.

mega.nz/#F!IUsVVDRS!-k89nCeHx7BikddQfkywww

mega.nz/#F!lAtkFASB!azykK233NKj1pHYhQxU_OA

mega.nz/#F!lBUVXa5Y!kRRy_r3TlioK4nLC-h2rHw

Excludes some already translated bits and is missing chapters 9-25 of Devilman Saga.

What?

this what the fuck, from shounen wish-fulfillment "all the girls now want your cock!" funtimes to "everyone you love is dead and there is no hope for humanity in the blink of an eye

what a rapid 180

Buy the DVDs

Best girl will win in the end. Even if they keep shilling Miki in the anime by changing her from her true slutty demon-cocklover self who only gave a fuck about Akira when he became a demon stud and fucks Amon.

eva?

Anno based Eva in Devilman.

I literally regret watching it.

And half of it i had playing at 1.5x speed, so it only took me ~3 hours to watch this.

I cannot remember when i watched an anime this bad.

>rumbling sfx
Oh so it's not cling cling cling cling

You can handle small differences in characterisation, it seems. Take your autism pills.

A shame they changed the "My father died!" though.
I missed that scene as well.

It was great. Great as a work of visual storytelling by itself and even greater as an adaptation.
If anything I feel a little bit sorry for anyone that saw it without reading the source material. The stylish direction of the anime can be appreciated even more if you know how bleak of a tragedy the manga was and what effort it took to make it modern while keeping its core intact.

Did you expect a homo orgy?

>small differences
They are completely different characters.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT
Watch some shows more suited to your taste.

I dunno man, the scene where a dude puts his dick inside of another dude was kind of homo.

Watch something that isn't dogshit

For you. Only the chara designs changed drastically.

>Yuasa drew from EOE for the new Devilman
Like pottery

You say? What's so gay about it?

i do it right now.

homo between MC, not homo between side characters

It's ok as its own thing, but too much stuff was changed to make it a faithful adaptation. The devil's head is gone completely, Jimen's speech is gone, gratuitous sex and rape that feels like it belongs in a Violence Jack OVA, Akira's motivations are changed, Ryo's motivations are changed, as well as lacking the explanation for why Satan is bringing on the apocalypse and the regret he feels BEFORE Akira is even dead.

Also, they said this was going to be like a love story from Ryo's perspective, but actually toned it DOWN. What's with that?

I'm not sure I follow, what specifically about that scene did you find gay?

>yfw this track came on

So I haven't seen this yet.
How slutty is that miki girl is?
Does she fuck the cameraman?

You probably never read Devilman then.

It's pretty bad. I'm not sure why people praise this piece of shit.

is the ep9 credits song 今夜だけ available somewhere? it's not in the ost

In terms of anime, I'll admit it's kind of a breath of fresh air with what it's willing to experiment with. Artstyles, sex scenes, explicit drug use...

That doesn't make it good, of course. I just think non manga readers are just latching onto how different it is.

nevermind, it's with the single

Maybe you.

So you hate it because it was different from the manga? Maybe you wanted the 70s settings as well? You people are so weak and can't handle an ounce of creativity in adaptations.

Fuck.

This was absolute beauty.
It's going to be hard to expect more from Japan after that.

It was good but there were issues with pacing, like somethings just seem to halt or they tried to get through all the arcs too fast.

Did you forget the scene of the sprinter butt fucking a guy already?

It was okay I guess but I felt that a lot of the changes and added plot didn't work for me, seemed all tacked on. The only stand out episodes that I actually liked were 9 and 10 with the rest just blurring together. Honestly I feel like The Birth ova did a lot better job being a good intro to the story. Also of lesser importance but even after watching through the whole thing the new character designs never grew on me and I again think The Birth did a better job at updating the character designs. Overall Crybaby makes me sad that the ova series never continued to completion.

Not really
>Completely changes Ryo's characterization
>Akira never succumbs to Amon
>More focus on the human characters while the demons are mostly ignored

Its still very good but its these changes make it considerably different from the manga.

>Buy the DVDs
there will never be DVDs. netflix owns this thing 100%, even in japan. it will be streaming and streaming only forever.

>they made miki a kawaii uguu moeblob
okay

It wasn't terrible, but I hated how they didn't explain the whole "demons are predators" thing (or anything important, really) and how Ryo was such an asshole since the beginning.
Also this Mikki is slightly inferior to the original, and Jimen was the most disappointing thing.
Finally, there was a little too much sex and not enough torture and dead kids.

akira should have gone down on ryou's herm-cock at least once.

I don't believe you.

I haven't been following this closely, the whole series is out? Is it subbed? Crunchy, netflix?

I didn't say I hated it, I literally said that it was okay and listed above all the things I thought it was missing. I even enjoyed some of the new stuff, the baton passing metaphor was really good. Just out of place.

Can't believe it's the first time the ending part is animated and it has to be with this ugly art. Not muh. Do something or your own thing but keep Nagai Nagai.

Also should I read the manga first/instead?

>Is it subbed?
yes

Crunchy, netflix?
neetflix

he just a white being white

>loved the anime
>user says the manga is lot better
it means the manga is a master piece

Read the manga in one setting.
Let it rest in your head for a couple of days.
Then watch the anime in one setting.

Soon people will start shitting on you guys for having a different opinion, and they are gonna blame nostalgia or something like that.

For me I hated how silly the monsters were, it's like a child tried to draw them, it just don't give me a vibe that I am watching devilman, and I am kinda ok with the huge amount of unnecessary sex scenes but I would like to see they trying to explaining things a little more than relying so much on side characters and their useless stories

if you want spoiler free... read manga first, its only 5 vols CMIIW

You can but you don't have to.

>akira doesn't tell humans to fuck off and kills them too
But he does, he says humans are the real devils after Miki's death.

On another note, I've never read the original manga, but after watching crybaby, I can certainly see how devilman is the progenitor of the dark/apocalyptic anime genre. Quite shocking the story naturally progressed from a night club to a world ending event, without even feeling much rushed. The characters were quite a nice touch too, i was far more impressed by the rappers and the second miki at the end compared to the beginning. I think the biggest flaw of this anime is that it was released all at once, without breathers, which served other emotionally intense and fast paced anime so well (such as Madoka).

Thank you.

Best song

I'm legit confused, were those two not the rapper and the used goods girl? They go to a Sabbath, they get demon powers, and then suddenly they don't know each other anymore and the guy no longer raps

It was pretty good, some changes were good, some - not so much. Overally it still follows the same plot, but with some events altered and reshuffled around a bit. I'd say 8/10.

The rapper with the hand tats guy died, you can see his severed hand at some point. He just looks exactly the same as another guy because character designs.

There were two guys with the same hairstyle. The first died at the Sabbath and Miko carried his stuff with her. The second was the famous runner who became a FUCKING TRAITOR

>MC fighting literal Satan destroying half the earth until god nukes it
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

I demand webms of Miko fucking the guy with the gun.

This saddens me greatly because I know it's going to happen. I'm just glad Crybaby is helping get the original devilman and other spin-offs into the west.

Another thing I noticed was that people go on about how gory Crybaby is but honestly it's so stylized that it loses any on the impact the gory might have. The Birth was a gory mess and I loved it but I didn't get that same feel with Crybaby.

The gay athlete and and the rapper aren't the same person.

speaking of Sabbath, who was the fixer who fixing sabbath ?

yeah, when you get random scratches everywhere with a too cartoonish style, it looks like bugs bunny or something like that, and they feel so strange and unstable that you don't know if they are in pain or its just the animation style.

>Satan ripped Akira in two
>Satan didnt have any visible injuries

Good job Akira, you died like a little bitch

>google silene
>every translated source lists her as "Siren"

Why the fuck do they use "silene" in the dub and subtitles? I know what a fucking siren is I dont know what the fuck a silene is.

I don't think the gore was supposed be gratuitous or even scary, it was supposed to convey a sense of chaos and evil that engulfs the story.

>For me I hated how silly the monsters were, it's like a child tried to draw them
What? They always looked silly.

So to be sure, at the end of the last episode that was God pretty much restarting Earth after the demons destroyed everything in that last fight + humans nuking themselves?
I was fairly tired when I watched it so it feels like I missed a lot of details.

Compromise between different translations.

ur dumb

not all of them, and in the OVA I like the amount of details they get

Why did demon need to eat humans ? Instead ate rice with some thin jelly?

Humans taste good and are fun to hunt.

So you wanted Yuasa to change Akira even further? In all incarnations Akira never went gay for Ryo. The homolust is all on Ryo's part.

>i am not akuma
>i am devil

I LOVE MIKI !!!!!!!!!!!11

>How slutty is that miki girl is?
Zero slutty, she is as pure as Apolypse of the Devilman, literally a saint.

>Does she fuck the cameraman?
No