Holy shit stop narrating, it's a visual medium, show don't tell

Holy shit stop narrating, it's a visual medium, show don't tell

Even with the narrator's sexy voice?

SEETHING

They don't have the budget to show.

>Manga panels bloated with narration
Why do people like HxH? If he wants to write so much he should just make a novel.

you can't show the autistic shit togashi rants about

Because HxHCHADS aren't illiterate like you

Comics/Manga aren't just about plastering a wall of text on top of every panel. Goes to show how much of an amateur Togashi is.

>AAAAAHHH words, I have to read??? They told me manga was picture books this is way above my level

hxh is great but dont defend togashi that much. he doesnt lack the narrative ability to make the manga more compelling but he is a lazy cunt that prefers big wall texts rather than drawing more pages to tell whats happening in a proper way

>Fuck art/panel composition/visual storytelling, you only need words to make a manga!
t.brainlet

Kek. Togashi is a veteran. Lot of mangakas study Togashi for his expressions and posing.

He also happens to be a godly writer. Who can disregard illiterates that hate text.

Then he should obviously just turn HxH into a novel since it wastes its time trying to be a manga.

Stop reposting this thread.

panel composition in HxH is god-tier though.

>godly writer
i hope you can read japanese if youre making this claim

I think the narration is the best part of it.

kek go tell him that, he is not changing. we are going to get this inferior product as long as he gets money from his low effort work

But narrating is a form of storytelling, fagggooot

>art/panel composition/visual storytelling
Kind
of hard when Togashi's art is shit

hxh has better art than your favorite manga

Berserk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HxH

No it doesn't
>Berserk
*switches to digital and draws everyone like a blow up doll*

>*switches to digital and draws everyone like a blow up doll*
Still better than Togashi's chicken scratch

>expecting anything good from the Asspull x Scribbles author

no, dont lie like that. i love the pacing and the panelism when he actually does his best but most of his work is really lame, almost an insult and not because he lacks ability, again, but because he doesnt give a single fuck.
someone post the chicken

>show don't tell
I don't think you understand what this actually means.

Complex stories need narrators or you risk exposition errors.

Does this never get old to you? We get it, its a very flawed series

BNHA fags arent capable of seeing a story with more complexity than "beat up the evil villain XDD"

I bet you think Pay back and get the gringo are bad too faggot

How many bait threads are we going to endure this time around? Are you going to make one for BNHA next?

t. seething huntard

show dont tell is the most basic rule of manga

A FUCKING COCKROACH

There are no hard rules to writing in any medium. Treating "show don't tell" as some dogmatic principle doesn't earn you any points with whatever circle of pseudo-intellectuals you run with. Try harder.

1 0 Y E A R S
Y
E
A
R
S

>ME LIKEY WORDS
Try reading cerebus if you really want words huntards

Manga can be both as a medium. So a little of explanation is ok. The problem is that that arc is full of wall of text explaning something that sometimes is not even complex or interesting.There is people who still deny this, but that arc is severely gimped because of that..

You say this but the Overhaul arc reminded me of HxH quite a bit

It even had the random narrations whenever shit was going down

>show don't tell
God, if I had a dollar for every time this stock phrase is used by some retard who hasn't put a single bit of thought into it...

Words don't negate the visuals, things can be both shown AND told - which is the case in CA arc, in the manga especially. Words can be used for atmospheric, stylistic purposes rather than just conveying information, and language has value that isn't inherently inferior to visuals regardless of the medium. The narration in CA arc doesn't translate well from the manga to the screen just because it's gonna get annoying to hear someone talk so much but that's it. Dumbasses need to stop parroting ~show don't tell~ thinking they're smart or have any valuable critique, when all they really mean is 'stop using words!!!'. Nevermind that it's an idea most often applicable to works of literature, which is literally all words.

Nice bait that was a cookie cutter shonen arc where they beat the grunts in predictable fashion then the MC fights the main villain with some Naruto flashbacks interspersed throughout. How is it comparable to HxH in any way?

BASED opinion.

The arc was not gimped because of it. In fact, we can all agree that it is the best arc, even better than York Shin!

However there are parts that the narration was not necessary, and would be nicely substituted by the character thoughts alone, and others would be impossible to be 100% without narration. Like when Youpi's personality was explained just after his super punch attack. Even if you just show his actions the audience would not grasp what happened the same way the author wanted to say.

Fuck off

then write a fucking book retard

>hasn't written a single story or manga
>considers himself more knowledgeable than the guy who's successfully doing it for 30+ years

>we can all agree that it is the best arc
I tend to rate Greed Island as the best arc.

Nobody is forcing you to read his manga, retard. As long as there are people willing to buy shit Togashi writes, he can do whatever he pleases

>Bloated with narration

>"ugh show don't tell bro show donnt tell ugh show don't tell bbro"

Go back to your BnHA threads.

I would "show" this cat my erect penis.

I also happen to have shit taste
Greed Island is, shamefully, my favorite arc as well

I’m not a big fan of walls of text but I’ll take it any day over the garbage competition. HxH is one of the most exciting adventure series in the medium and I’m not letting something like that stop me from enjoying it.

They won't let Togashi enjoy the last Dragon Quest game, aren't they?

>I also happen to have shit taste
Speak for yourself. I think despite not having the same volume and intensity of the CA arc, GI is a really enjoyable story.