S&W TV 10th Anniversary Tomorrow

Is Sup Forums up for a Rewatch tomorrow for a show turning a decade old?

Other urls found in this thread:

animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1494408588
animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1494406063
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-034174&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=Wolf and Spice$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would but I've watched S&W so much I can recite the entire script in my sleep. Gotta pass on this one

I haven't watched it in like years.
I'm terrified of rewatching it because I loved it so much when I was younger and I spent a lot of money into buying the light novels and other shit. I'm terrified it won't hold up and that I'll realize I wasted all that money up on something I don't care about.

How well does it hold up?

>was ironically going to rewatch it tomorrow
Yeah, I'm down.

I never finished it

I'd be down for watching it tomorrow

Rewatched it for the fourth time 2017 fall.
Season 1 is still 10/10
Season 2 is hard to watch. 7/10.
The last arc with the church and Eva was kind of weird. Dialogues flowed not as well, the whole white knight thing dialied to 11 was hard to stomach and the weak ass kiss made me angry.

Season 3 is very much welcomed.

I know it's not gonna happen, but I feel the need t ask anyway.
Season three isn't gonna happen... is it?

I mean full metal panic got another season so...

Mate, season 3 for fucking Code Geass happened. So I still dare to hope. Also, Spice and Wolf is very much loved by the nips and in the west.

What we really need but will never get is someone extremely rich and an interest to just fund it themselves with minimal concern on making all the money back and who will not interfere in the process.

You would think that some rich chink weeb would do it right? I mean there are so many billionaires/millionares chink that have no idea what to do with all that wealth, you think one would throw money at an anime project right?

It's what I would do if I had that kind of money.

I would.

As proud owner of Signed Copy #292 of the Spice & Wolf Bible, I will gladly join.

What was Hasekura like?

>The disaster that is the numbered copies
>Give those that ordered first normal prints
>Give those that ordered normal prints numbered copies
>The absolute shit bindings of select few of the numbered copies
>Releasing another volume after it making the collected print trash
Yenpress can fuck themsleves.

I ordered it from the Barnes and Nobles from Tribeca, NY a small while after they closed. I didn't get to meet him sadly. However, it was their very last copy, so that's always nice.

Well one thing I would interfere with. Removal of any censoring.

Fuck you! You probably didn't deserve anyway!

ye, was gonna do it anyway

I would
Also, when people say S1>2 is it just because Eva arc is shit? Because I always loved the Amarti part of the show more than anything

They did a shitty job of it, honestly. To be fair, for whatever bizarre fucking reason, they severely underestimated the demand for the product. It was mostly on fault of distributors like Amazon and Barnes and Nobles for allowing more pre-orders than were available and handling that information incorrectly and inappropriately. Some stores like the one in Tribeca didn't even open their quantities for order and didn't publicly sell them until some strange time after they were supposed to.

user, don't go hurting my feelings like that, that's not nice. I'm sorry you weren't able to get one.

I knew someone who was willing to give away a second copy since he somehow received two but I don't know if anyone ever took him up on it. If I did I would have given you one. No one deserves to be left out. Maybe the opportunity might occur to buy it from someone hopefully?

>tumblr

is someone gonna stream it

I remember Winter 2007/2008 I still have my whole wolf and spice folder from that time.

We've come a long way especially Anonymous of Jacksonville when he posted all the threads about wolf and spice. I wonder if hes still around, maybe like me he doesn't use a trip anymore.

Anyways had anyone told me that we'd have the whole light novel translated and then the manga I wouldn't have believed it.

If anyone told me that we'd have a sequel LN with their kid...

Damn I guess sometimes things turn out the right way.

I'm sorry it's not you I'm mad at.
I just found out I may have left my Blu-ray of Spice and Wolf at my dad's, (who I won't be visiting till 2 weeks), so I'm freaking out right now. So I won't be able to watch it on my TV on good quality. ;-;

I'd join, but I watched it a month ago because I didn't want to study for finals. And now I'm up to volume 10 of the LN and really enjoying myself. Holo is actually best girl of all time desu, nothing can match her.

The only shame is we never got more of the anime.

But I'm already way more satisfied then I could have hoped for.

What was Sup Forumss original reaction to it? At what point did it actually start to gain Traction in the West?

>he doesn't know
I'm sorry, user, the weak ass kiss has a reason to be weak ass. Holo wasn't exactly being a tsundere when calling Lawrence an idiot in that part.

It was pretty good but were desperate for content. The manga was only coming out on like a monthly basis.

A lot of people were incredibly disappointed that the anime was not the manga art. Keito Koume does some amazing art and a lot of people were initially mad about the art style but over the season they gradually accepted it.

At the end of 2008 Yen Press announced they were releasing the novel and we all got really hype. But then it turned out they used some photoshopped real girl and everyone got mad as fuck.

I to this day still have that one volume with thats 3D only.

????

>But then it turned out they used some photoshopped real girl
I don't know how they ever though that was a good idea, or that it would work the way they wanted it.

So is a rewatch going to happen or not? I'd totally be down for one.

They wanted to appeal to a broader audience. Teen girls. If you are not familliar with YA novels, they heavily use these shitty 3DPD covers. They got so much flake they decided to print out an extra cover that matches the original drawing. Too late though, you can´t just cover that garbage with something good, is just fake cover. Did they ever reprint it for real with the art from the artist?

It was a weird time because the publishers really had no idea what to do with light novels.

Light novels 2~3 years back exploded in Japan with Haruhi and then a shitload of other titles.

One of the first wave hits with Haruhi were Index, Wolf and Spice, Accel World and so on...

So at first the western publishers had the idea that these were books and they should be read as stories. What they didn't understand is that normal people won't read these anime fans will.

It took them quite a few years to get it, today we're living in a time I could only dream of back in 2007.

I literally don't have the money or time to buy all the light novels and manga that are being officially released.

Yes. Like a long time ago.

They did later but it was a limited print and I missed it.

we give hard to watch a 7/10? christ

someone posted an interview with Ami Koshimizu months ago in mal about Spice and Wolf

animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1494408588
animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1494406063

I wonder why we even got this. Usually they release figures when it's a wave of merch tied with an anime.

The ones I got have the 3dpd as a dust cover and then the regular anime cover. This is the first 2 volumes in my case.

I assume it was because of the 10th year anniversary hype. We even got 2 more coming soon.

Just to make sure, you mean back at the time, right? You can easily find it nowadays.

2 more?

I only know of
amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-034174&page=top/search/list?s_keywords=Wolf and Spice$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Yes.

Rereading the novels and the manga would be a great start for 2018.

Yeah, season 2 is not quite as good as season 1. It's odd though because the first half of s2 is in my opinion way more exciting than anything in s1. But the second half... nothing happens in it.

That's because the second half of season 2 adapted Volume 5 of the LN, whose arc really only concludes with Volume 9, which has an ending which would work well as the end of a season of anime imo

s3 when ?

I'm reading Town of Strife I right now. Does this ever get good like first three volumes again?

I bought the sequel book some weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it. Has anyone here read it yet?

My hatred of Col combined with absence of Holo/Lawrence makes it impossible for me to read the sequels

I would say volumes 15-16. maybe 14. Volume 16 is a great final adventure to their travels. Volumes 6-13 feel like they were prolonged in order to keep the series running longer and could've been shorter.

am ithe only one who didn't get what was happening most of the time but enjoyed the ride ? i think economy is really complicated

To be fair you have to have a really high IQ to understand economics and wolf girls.

Is still Spice and Wolf with Lelouch and Kallen you faggot. Is hard to not stomach the bad part and just enjoy the good things.

Is pretty shit honestly. Is kind of like watching your daughter getting NTRed by the guy you dislike. I should have personally never read it and let Lawrence and Holo´s tale end as it was intended.

This. Why the fuck is Col still out there doing dumb shit, shouldn't he be in a monastery somewhere reading scripture and shit? Fucking pissant.

I'm down. Who's gonna set it up though?

The bride one from Tokyo Otaku Mode

Are the LNs worth reading? I've tried reading the first volume but the writing felt really off and didn't flow at all.

I thought it was alright. I don't hate Col as much as everyone else, but the whole church persistence during the book was annoying. The main problem was solved in a pretty boring way and I felt like everything they did piggybacked too much on Lawrence and Holo (which I guess was somewhat the point, but it gets kind of annoying after a while). Myuri's cute tho.

I'm no book buff but I found it enjoyable overall.

I wish I could find the BSS run of this show again.

Maybe 25 days of autism? It feels like it would get ruined though if you compare the atmosphere of this thread with the one the stream had during rush hour.

Ok, thanks.

I first dropped it after volume 1 because i had problems to read a story i basicly knew. But I recently started again with volume 2 and it was really enjoyable.

So when i reach the "new" content i think it is worth it.

It's been a while, but I don't remember the prose to be much of a hindrance. These novels are so bare-bones they pretty much read like a screenplay anyways. If you like the story, I'd say try them again. There's a bunch of fluff in the middle, but the last novels are worth the effort.

make that 3

that looks fucking great

A shame these two never got translated.

The last book was so disappointing

i know right? was gonna get the bride one but i think im just gonna hold off until this one is available

Are they just VNs? I'd love a S&W platformer.

There was a fan translation project for the one on the right, what happened to it?

I don't get Sup Forums's autistic hate for Col,
he's just some poorfag kid in the manga/novel,

They're a mix of VN and trading sims, each cities and villages have their own specialized products, and each products have time where the price go up or down; the first game's trading aspect was super easy, but it got a bit harder in the second one. Also you have the choices for three more girls in the 2nd, no reason why anyone would go for someone else other than Holo though.

Sounds comfy. Probably won't play them if they don't get translated though.

what are the chances they'll announce a 3rd season tomorrow?

About as high as Haruhi S3

I just want a Korbo in my life.

Col probably wouldn't have attracted any of the hate had he not the misfortune of being introduced into the story specifically to cockblock the pair. He himself is a pretty inoffensive character, but the writer fucked up and created undue resentment for him.

It's super comfy. Except there's a bad end for the first game if you don't reach the north within 365 days.

It's golbor

finished it like a month ago,

it was alright, although I miss Lawrence and Holo's banter and the whole merchant stuff is a lot more interesting than Col's church stuff.

Are you deserving one though?
Lawrence was one hell of a man to put up with her shit and move forward

>it's been ten years already and I can remember the hype back then as if it were yesterday
Time to sudoku

p-pls! i'll stay hopeful

Like it was yesterday...

doing it as soon as S3 wraps up...

If we're lucky we'll all perish in the impending nuclear holocaust. Hang in there until then, my man.

That cover on the right is embarrassingly bad.

I'd eat her ass until it runs out of taste.

Why was there hype around it?

>How about we have a book named Epilogue, but shove in a sidestory in its second half?

What I really hate is that the sidestory is one of the best, if not the best of all others. But it simply didn't belong thee.

Ah yes the good old days of Sup Forums

Really?!?

Do you know when that will come out?

I have the bride one coming in this month and the nude one march/april.

>expect to totally hate Col for getting Holo's teasing and getting in the way of Lawrence
>end up loving the apprentice-mentor-like relationship he has with Lawrence
No homo, but Col sleeping in Lawrence's lap was one of the cutest moments in the novel for me.

no clue, my friend. im assuming sometime by the end of year

I still haven't gotten around to watching so I might as well