You killed Kaiji for this, fucking thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=NA8UOM0mjTI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_wV4zCibw2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best timeline.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

why are my eyes bleeding

This actually looks kind of fun though, and the actress playing Yumeneko is actually pretty cute. The ahegao faces will be a little questionable though.

Welcome to post 2010 anime.

I fucking hate you people.

HAHA, fuck you.
Kaiji was always shonen normalfag trash.
It feels good to finally win holy shit

The weak should fear the strong.

Live action adaptations of anime is like seeing autism coming to life.

They look happy and the people in Kaiji always looks sad. I prefer this.

>shouting = tension
This is why I hate Japan so much. The anime already was boring garbage you could only watch for the ahegaos.

my ears are bleeding harder

Is Mary's actress wearing whiteface?

Looks and sounds really bad.

This. Though if there is one thing I like about it is how they don't half-ass the costumes and wigs. They tend to be very accurate even if they are completely unrealistic.

God they can't act.

Japanese storytelling has the subtlety of a hammer. It's somewhat easy to overlook in anime because of how animation makes the association with reality more distant.
When it comes to live action though, all the inhuman reactions start to become way more garish and stupid because real people on the roles cause you to make an automatic association with real life, so it's like seeing a bunch of people acting like literal retards on screen.

Shit you are RETARDED man. Kaiji already got two live action movies. Akagi already got one live action series and is getting a s2 of it this year. Nobody cares about this show.

>Shonen normalfag trash
I’m guessing that you haven’t even read or watched Kaiji.

>actors mimicking exaggerated cartoon reactions look autistic
No shit sherlock.

>finally win
Against?

Hey at least the don't do "comedy = laughing track" bullshit.

Where is my fucking s3

At least /ourguy/ looks ok.

It doesn't seem as obvious for Japan though, since they keep making these adaptations and also apply the same kind of narrative even on movies outside of the anime spectrum.

They are Nu-Madhouse (post mappa) and they dont do S3's.

You're absolutely right, but Kaiji (and Akagi) were much more subtle and relatable than Kakegurui. Though I haven't seen their live-action adaptations.

>watching live adaptations in the first place
As expected of the kaiji Sup Forumsros.

I was speaking in a general sense of course, there are some anime with characters displaying more down to earth and relatable behavior, which obviously translates better to live action. I wouldn't say Kaiji is the best example of that, since it's VERY dramatic, but the drama is still infinitely more genuine than 99% of anime these days.

Akagi is still the best 29 years later

This

Sadly she's not going to deliver.

Is that fucking Marica Hase I see? Did she finally went back to nippon after fucking too many black dicks?

When someone tells you weed is harmless
REMEMBER KAIJI

>Hamabe as Yumeko
Oh damn I would watch it just because of that

How they think this will be good?

Nah, Marica is busted as fuck now. The years are showing, now. I guess that's what happens when you can't stop shooting heroin.

In my opinion, they should have found a more meaner looking, sexier actress for Yumeko.

This actress is too cute and nice looking for Yumeko.

Also, Suzui in the live action is ten times more handome than his manga counterpart so I guess I can see why Mary likes Suzui.

Saki live action was like godly perfect cosplay of Saki characters aside from the tits.

But I understand the difficulty of finding that many Saki approved titties in real life.

>that annoying fag from the urobuchi kamen rider show
into the fucking trash

They really hammered the nail right on the head for Sumeragi. They literally turned her 3D.

is this a good show?

Pretty sure the sound director killed kaiji

Who else /liar game/ here?

Legitimately better than the manga

short answer no

S1 of kaiji was made as a late night promotion for the then upcoming live action movie, which ended up getting a decent amount of cash from the box office and a decent amount of critical reception.
With that a, second movie was green lit and Madhouse decides to play the same game and adapt a new season as a late night promotion.
However the second movie bomber hard, was critically panned, and the sound director got sent to jail for drug possession shortly after the release, thus killing any and all chances for a third movie and companion third season

not with that shitty ending

Let me tilt your entire post fucktard.

KUYASHII

Yeah, like, Asian Dramas are generally pretty shitty, but Japanese Dramas take overacting, stilted writing and overall lazyness to a whole new level.
Like I will shit on K-Dramas for being all the exact same fucking show beyond the initial premise, but at least the writing and acting is leagues above J-dramas and they don't look like they are made on a 1000 yen budget unlike Jdramas which are all cheap as fuck.

It's the same with J-dramas and movies that aren't based on anime though. Hell even watch like, their fucking shitty variety shows and everyone is pulling over-exaggerated expressions.
I've heard it harkens back to Kabuki but I'm not so sure, it's just what Japanese people think acting should be like.

The lesbian is cute

youtube.com/watch?v=_wV4zCibw2s

For what reason? Best part of this series is the reaction faces and they all look like shit here.

I don't understand, why is Japanese acting so bad?

To me the problem with J-dramas, and with today's japanese writing in general, is how the approach of the directors and screenwriters. I used to think it was the actors who were garbage, but now a firmly believe it's the people commanding them who are at fault.
I believe that's the case because the same happens in anime and japanese vidya, where in many cases you don't even need voice actors, much less actors.

It seems that japs write based on concepts, images and symbols. Let's say they want to write for example, about a girl who just remembered something traumatic from her past. In this case, the symbol they will use is shock, because they want to convey to the audience that the experience she remembered was very traumatic and marked her. As they are writing based on the image of shock/trauma and not based on how an actual human being with that personality would probably react to such situation, they will portray the scene in a surreal and exaggerated way, like with the girl getting on her knees and having a mental breakdown in the middle of the streets while she screams and cries, because they REALLY want to convey the idea of shock and trauma to the audience.
This is the reason why they produce so much melodrama. They take an abstract and theatrical approach to almost everything they make.

Is that Micchy near the end?

Liar Game TV has a shitty ending, but Liar Game manga also has a shitty ending, so it equalizes

Japanese live action anime movies are so for lack of a better term cringy. The acting is so awful and exaggerated

And then Madhouse made a fucking season 3 pachinko machine just to piss us off

>for lack of a better term cringy
Just say "embarrassing" like a functional adult would, you fucking mongoloid.

I don't think that was necessary.

kaiji is shit

The only live action I enjoyed were the ace attorney movies. The whole thing is just silly, like the games.

I kinda enjoyed nodame cantabile too, but thats another story

It's endemic to Japanese theatre and performance, though. Not just anime-centric. Excessively exaggerated actions and lack of subtle acting is common problem with a lot of Japanese theatrical pieces. Partly due to the fact their biggest form of stage theatre (Kabuki, Bunraku, and Noh) all require exaggeration for narration and style purposes, so they tend to have a different adopted style of acting in Japan than here in the west.

There's a reason a lot of Japanese-born native actors are garbage on the big Hollywood movie screen, and it mostly due to the way they due theatrics over there.
They don't storyboard anything, its fucking jarring to work with.
They do set acting and don't really prescribe to method acting.
They basically reject motive driven characters and typically do improv acting in a lot of the shots.
You can notice it in a lot of J-dramas. Even the Koreans are overtly more rehearsed in their film industry than the Japs.

There's just something about that culture and their rejection for subtlety and rehearsal. It's intrinsic.

Anime should stay anime. This shit is horrible in live action. Shit was bad enough as an anime, why would they need a live action version of shit.

I want to cum inside Yumeko!

People love to complain about Japanese acting but you really need to try watching some actual live action shows rather than just low budget manga adaptations starring the idol of the day. Hanzawa Naoki, Confessions, Departures, or Hero, to list a few.

I always thought it was weird how on Japanese TV there's always a panel of people reacting to whatever is being shown. I read in a book it became popular after the war because embracing democracy or some sheeeit