Remember in Pokemon when you choose a Pokemon at the start?

>Remember in Pokemon when you choose a Pokemon at the start?
>That is the joke.
This is some top level comedy.

Too be fair

>character does something stupid
>the straight man character says what they are doing is stupid
fucking hilarious

Stay pleb.

holy shit my sides have left the orbit

This show is going to make Sup Forums mad for the next 12 weeks which is beautiful.

I'm Laughing out Loud to say the least

Actually, the joke was that they actually got the same voice actor for Professor Oak.

But that's too next level comedy for you.

>That is the joke.
you confident about that?

I dunno, it kinda makes me sad that people can't just relax.

You are aware that this wasn't the joke, right?

wow haha that's really funny

>Pokemon game parody
>Main character is Ash
Even pop team epic can't do a proper pokemon parody.

whats the joke?

So this is literally just gintama except lolsorandumxD?

Grind your IQ and watch again.

>referential humor is the lowest form of comedy

when will this meme end

You will never get it brainlet.

don't even mention normietama again please

Referential humor is fine. They forgot the humor part though. It's just references.

>having a main character named after a color

They look the same anyway.

Imagine being this assblasted about some chinese cartoon specifically designed to be shit so you spend an entire day complaining about in a chinese cartoons forum.

>use a character that didn't talk and was in like one game
or
>use a character everyone loves and is a staple to the franchise
hhmmmm

It is a Pokemon Yellow reference, brainlet.

yeah no shit you wouldnt find it funny since someone had to explain the joke to you

such is the fate of the pleb, he doesnt get it

What's the difference between them anyway? They are both teenage guys who wear a red baseball cap.

>humor
>poptepi
choose 1 and only 1

Do you think making a thread takes "an entire day" or did you actually delude yourself into believing all the criticism a shitty chinese cartoon is getting must come from a single person?

>>use a character everyone loves and is a staple to the franchise
>everyone loves
>everyone loves
What?
Also Ash isn't a staple to the franchise. Only the anime.

Having to look at these hideous screenshots is already making me angry

yeah, thats how japanese comedy works. a funny man and a straight man.

Red is quiet and actually wins a lot.

shit taste.

Okay? So Red is just Ash on a bad day.

Honestly don't see why you're complaining. Do you really think that's significant enough of a different that you'd be able to even tell them apart?

The anime is actually bigger than the games. As of March 2016 the games have only generated less than 1% of the franchise's total revenue.

>The anime is actually bigger than the games
And Grand Order is bigger than any Fate VN or anime but you don't consider the opinion of plebes, do you?

I'd imagine you go with the more popular one because more people would get it

Goddamn 80s japanime was manly as fuck, they just don't make it like that anymore. Nor do they have Norio Wakamoto.

>Hey guys we got this VA to reprise his role haha isn't that hilarious hahaha
I think OP's interpretation was actually funnier.

If you make a videogame parody and use the anime characters you can probably just kill yourself.

Actually a joke is only as good the context it's being told in and its timing, post a screen cap of it only serves to make you look like a moron, not the show.

>"""japanese""" comedy

>normie

You have to go back.

You didn't spot OP's punchline.

OP's post has more context than it did in the episode.

Did you even watch the thing you're trying to defend? There's no context whatsoever to consider.
>start skit
>Professor Oak: "choose one of these three"
>camera moves and shows Pokemon
>end skit
"Remember thing?" is the whole """""""joke""""""" here.

That screencap is the entire scene. It's 6 seconds long.

Actually that's just part of the joke. The whole joke was leading up to and fidget spinner men,
It was all a simulation.

Most of Poptepipic's humor comes from visuals. Seeing Popuko and Pipimi retain their stupid smiles in extreme or weird situations. So the joke here is not really about remembering Pokemon and more about showing 3 Pipimis standing side by side as various Pokemons because... the animator thought it looked funny. See, the references themselves are not important. They are just setups to display silly visuals. The manga has always been about this.

You need a high IQ to understand this.

>There is some distortion in this broadcast, however it is part of the presentation
Do japs really need the jokes explained to them?

This is why you don't have friends user. Autism ruins everything.

to real top level is realizing that is professor Hiroshi Agasa

Does the screen spazzing out count as a joke now?

To be fair, I enjoyed the Skyrim reference and it wasn't so different than this.

To be fair

Where is the punchline of your post?

this is it, the show thats going to kill Sup Forums

can we have a thread with ALL the references explained? i am sure i am missing some
my IQ is pretty low

And VEG and the trigger original haven't even aired yet. This'll finally be the season when Sup Forums dies.

Apparently americans do too. Look at this stupid thread.

I hope that the internet animator Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson got the deserved credit for pioneering the video game related humor from this series.

>the joke is that they are referencing something you know
Man, I love Scary Movie tier comedy

only a "certain kind" of poster is getting killed by this anime, and it's the kind that makes threads like this. Sup Forums will be better off.

how can this show be so followed
nip twitter is exploding
second season confirmed already

APOLOGIZE

>She teleported her panties hahahha

Most fedora tipper anime since maidragon

I thought the nips hated it? I guess any press is good press

I agree, It's truly the most reddit numale soycore neckfat animated program since (your favorite anime)

You forgot about "ironic" and "meme".

Even if you actually understood the joke it's still shit

>calling a reference a joke
capcha: gentil avenue

They hate it "ironically" ;)

Wait so *hahaha* you're telling me... *quietly chortles* that they actually...*piss drops start to stain my boxers* they actually got the Oak voice actor?! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How is that a joke? They called an actor and paid him to rehash some lines.

The manga calls itself a shit manga, so some have convinced themselves any hate it's getting are just people in on the joke.

Japanese """"Humor""""
'least they're not explaining their jokes afterwards like most anime does.

Your IQ is simply too low to understand. It can't be helped.

That's not the end of the skit. The end is where the generic evil council is trying to sell an esoteric 4koma as an anime by pumping it full of shallow lowbrow references, like fidget spinners. How did something so simple go over your head

From the threads on here, I was expecting "so bad it's good", but it's just bad.

>Ash literally hasn't beaten his regional league in over 19 years
>Red become league champ at the age of 10 and became a legend throughout other regions
>Ash is just Red on a bad day
the only thing they have in common is a hat and a pikachu.

>>Ash literally hasn't beaten his regional league in over 19 years
how embarrassing

I'm sorry

I'm waiting for the inevitable JOJO REFERENCE XD

Could you pick the two out of a crowd of red-hatted pokemon trainers? I think not.

Might as well be the same person.

Also, Red just comes off as an OC version of Ash, what with their similar appearances and Red having no personality to speak of.

Can the people who liked this name one moment that genuinely made them laugh? I'm baffled at where anyone even found any humor in this.

skyrim made me fell from my chair

>tfw bkub trolled everyone with his 15x2 min. anime
literally shitposting in anime form, what a genius

I've come to the conclusion that people who are hating on Pop Team Epic are Kyoanifags angry their show that's been shilled for over 2 years will lose in popularity and sales to this.

forgot to mention Red is the strongest trainer found in any game (besides some random child that has variable level pokemon) and took down an entire criminal organization before becoming league champ

It was pretty neat they actually got Oak's VA for this scene.

Since you're implying people couldn't actually hate it for being unfunny, I gather you can explain the joke in the to us?

>the joke in the OP to us
Meant to write that

Yeah, but I beat him in Crystal.

the generic evil council is trying to sell an esoteric 4koma as an anime by pumping it full of shallow lowbrow references, like fidget spinners.

brainlet kyoani fag detected. Go back to your dead violet everblur thread.

It's not bad, though.

to be fair, ash is still 10.

I think you missed the part where that wasn't a joke.
Nice job fitting in though.