This show was offensively mediocre

This show was offensively mediocre.

It was by the numbers wish fulfillment mediocrity.

He looks bland

It was beyond that. This fucker had women coming out of the woodwork already slobbering over his dick and praising his skills as an author. All of this is instantly and utterly useless, since it's clear very on that the only other character that matters is Sagiri.

He's an actual Gary Stu without any of the playful wish fulfillment that would justify such poor writing. He just exists to pine after his sister and occasionally freak out when the script got a bit dull. What an absolute waste of my time.

There's a reason Saekano got a movie while this show just got an OVA. They knew no one would remember to watch Eromanga Sensei S2 in a couple years.

People still shitting on eromanga? You fellas are a year too late

Yeah, it was sitting on my backlog and I finally broke down. Shame on me.

At least these tits were nice.

And for some reason it gets so much bad attention even though its supposed to be mediocre and forgettable like half the shows that air every season.

>praising his skills as an author.

Is "literal author" the worst character archetype

>its mediocre
>but treated like the worst thing ever
Makes you think huh

>mediocre
is the same shit as oreimo

Oreimo was a raunchy little comedy that worked because it was actual incest.

#litty

Because it's not forgettable, it's bad and the writers should feel bad. I have to wonder if they butched the source material or was it always shit to begin with.

It was actually pretty cute. Characters were all likeable and funny. Also good message about family.

>Also good message about family.
What message?

Fuck your little sister.

He has such a punchable face

Now watch this

Interesting.

I still always think about the scene where Muramasa literally asks him to become her personal literature slave while she afforded him and his sister every comfort imaginable.

It's a shame everything after this is just your standard LN harem shit.

More like offensively great.
The detail to characterization almost feels out of place when the source material is written by the guy who did Oreimo.
I had no right being so good.

What drugs are you taking?

The girls are top tier and it deserves praise for the amount of well-animated JC fanservice but let's not be delusional here.

Judging by what he wrote I say all of them.

Muramasa was far and away best girl, even if she was a psycho stalker.

I haven't read the manga, but I heard she wears bandages on her hands because she rips nails off when she fails?

Can anyone confirm that?

The MC had thoughts and feelings towards multiple things, not just how he wants to bone his sister, same with Sagiri, Elf, and (to a lesser extent) Muramasa.
Even the more side characters like the slut girl felt like they had their own personalities rather than written for a single purpose (chasing after the MC).
And it doesn't even stop there, they even develop MC's and Sagiri's development by showing a flashback with how they both got started in their professions, and how their relationship pushed them to try harder.

It may not be original masterpiece tier, but it's probably one of the best haremshit I've ever seen. I'm not going to delude myself into saying it's bad just because it's haremshit.

Bruh Sup Forums worships a random moeshit show every season and claims its the best thing since sliced bread, and most of them arent even half as good as EMS. But you dont see people saying anything about that

It's okay that you liked it. You're allowed to like things.

Just please note that you have trash for taste and you should never recommend anything to anyone ever for your own health and safety.

I believe it's because she doesn't know when to put the pencil down.

A bit like you and this thread.

I'm okay with that.

I'm not the guy you're responding too, but I thought I'd jump in.

I think he's getting confused because there is a skeleton of what could be a good story (for example: the literature aspect is kind of interesting and would have been a good story drive in a different anime), but that skeleton's flesh is just supplemented with complete trash.

None of the meat is meaningful. I could even agree with liking some of the character's personalities, but their wanton lust for the protagonist's dick makes it hard to see any personality beyond that. It cheapens any personality they could have, which is then topped off by the fact that Sagiri is clearly the end-game from the first episode.

It's not a masterpiece, and it's certainly not good. But it has these odd structures that can trick people into thinking it is better than it is.

Alright I can see that. Thanks mang.

I'm not. Does that count for anything?

So you just dont like harems then, why watch it in the first place

I wouldn't say that.

I loved Monogatari. I feel like there is an obvious and non-obvious way to do it.

Also, if I'm honest, I watched it after seeing a Gigguk episode about it.

Oh youre just a youtube faggot, figures
Most of the haters are

Carry on

>most of the haters

Where did I imply I hate the show? I liked watching it, I just didn't think it was good.

>But it has these odd structures that can trick people into thinking it is better than it is.
>You only THINK it's good but me, an intellectual, recognizes it's true worth

Meant to reply to

You're right, that came off way too pretentious.

Maybe I guess I should sum up by saying it seems overrated?

I sort of understand where you are coming from though. You see the literary devices and visual cues and recognize when people get caught up into it and enjoy it, but they fell flat for you because, I'm assuming here, it was haremshit.
I felt the same way with Your Name and the fact the two MCs fell in love despite never having met each other.

I have a little and legal sister and I want to fuck her, but that's not a good thing by any means.

HITORIGOTO

never understood the point of chaika

Good cars for the chairmen.

Go and hug her right now.

He has such a punchable voice

It was fun to watch desu. Watching it outsell (almost) every other show that season was a salt mine.

>Muh pleb filter
It still wasn't good.

If not for my laziness I would've had a field day trolling SnK fags with the sales number.

>having taste this shit
ImoSae was AOTS

my aoty was animegataris but i can understand choosing imouto sae

Well it was way better then oreimo.
Atleast sagiri was adopted. So it was all good.

>better than oreimo
>nbr shit
>MUH MISUNDERSTANDINGS
Please stop embarrassing yourself

The show was utter garbage and only got any kind of recognition because Sagiri is cute.

Stop watching Otaku garbage, you'll thank me later

It was great.

>Well it was way better then oreimo.
This.

Sagiri wasn't cute but damn she was sexy as fuck

Im guessing thats where the butthurt comes from, also the massive amount of fanart

semen demon

I don't understand the hate for Eromanga Sensei, it was a very well written show.

Perfect time to post this

This show would have been better if it was "Adventures of the light novel author and his zany friends and no sisters anywhere" instead.

It was objectively fun for anyone whose tastes belong on Sup Forums. Shitting on it might mean you're better suited to another community.

What the fuck does that even mean?

>mediocre.
No, it's trash just like the author's other series Oreimo

Go and hug her right now!
>T. Kirino

>O-chinchin no daisuki!

>no

Oreimo is the greatest love story ever told.

No thanks, I'd rather have fun with what I enjoy.

The only worthwhile thing about this show is Elf. What a waste on this gargabe.

>Matsuoka

We do at least agree that it had the best ED of the year, right?

ZUTTO MAWARUMAWARU YUME NO NAKA DE

elf a best

Nope I don't, incestfag

Huh incestfags sure are stingy

Where do you thing you are fucking moral fag

shokugeki s3 had a better ed

>mediocre

That implies there were positive qualities to it. You could argue "the girls were cute" but I thought the designs were too on-the-nose (oh boy another white-haired loli and a genki chuuni girl who inexplicably has elf ears in an otherwise realistic setting) and were done better in OreImo.

The writing is atrocious, the character interactions are fanfic-tier, the production values can best be described as a polished turd (shit direction, shit editing, no OST, but people only remember Sagiri's character animations), and doesn't even succeed at being an incest story, it's just about a mentally ill unrelated girl who shuts herself in a room in MC's house. The other girls have no reason to be there--OreImo at least led you on to think Kuroneko had a chance, but Eromanga Sensei doesn't even attempt to do this, it's just girls attracted to generic boring MC, confessing to him, and getting rejected.

You're not wrong.