I get the concept of "absurdist comedy" There has been lots of anime that executes surreal humor very well

I get the concept of "absurdist comedy" There has been lots of anime that executes surreal humor very well.

The thing is, this show has NO fucking jokes. Objectively speaking, all the """"humor"""" in this show is 100x worse than toilet humor. That means it's 100x worse than the fucking fart jokes you used to make in pre-K. That means you literally have the mind of a baby with aspergers if you found this funny. Calling whatever this show produces any resemblance of the word "humor" is giving it way too much credit. There's no punchlines, no substance, no real jokes. It's just forced meme comedy that fails at even being that.

Thanks for your your time making that post. Feel free making a new one later.

>There has been lots of anime that executes surreal humor very well.
such as?

well you clearly dont get absurdist comedy then
how comedic.

Noted, thanks.

I am legitimately mad at this show. I was expecting something no less than a masterpiece, the likes of Azumanga Daioh or Cromartie High School for months now. I was so hyped and then today it came out... Needless to say it was below expectations.

I re-watched the episode several times to see where I must've "missed" the jokes, because I didn't laugh at all the first few times I watched it. Then I realized... those were the jokes.

This show felt like it was insulting my intelligence all the way through. Instead of a show with substance and wit I get this... 24 minutes of NOTHING but NONSENSICAL randomness. Can someone please explain what the hell is this tripe? Where are the jokes? Where is the humor? Where are the backstories? What even is the plot? There's none of that here. This show is like an empty void of nothingness. I'm sorry for lashing out but really, it just bothers me that some studio out there spent time and money into this. And it bothers me more that people actually like and defend(?) this show... like how? I'm usually not one to judge one's taste but there's literally nothing redeemable about this show. If you like this show congrats, you're telling me you're brain dead and I won't waste anymore time talking with you. If you actually spend money on this, you are effectively telling the industry that you want more studios to produce trash like this. You are giving a giant middle finger to studios who actually put effort into their shows and writers/producers who work their fucking ass off to make quality work. I really do hope this show flops. I hope it flops and whoever was in charge of this gets fired and never gets a job in the industry again. I hope they go homeless and they starve. You think that's harsh? It was harsher watching 14 minutes of this show. I just want to remove everything about this show out of my head.

See you next week

There were jokes. Not very many since it's an 11 minute episode, but there's at least one.
I found the 'are you upset' sequence to be good. Shame the rest of the episode gave me a migrane.

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORAAAAA

Hey... Did you move in from the other thread?

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei works on the exact same basis and nobody has ever hated it. Is it because this is new.

Honestly curious, I haven't watched the episode yet.

I can't believe that Sup Forums doesn't like this. What happened guys!

Yeah but now its not Japanese references that 98.5% of Sup Forums don't get, so they hate it.
Think of all the shows Sup Forums actually would despise if they understood the references they never even noticed.
we'd go from 3 Sup Forums-approved shows to 0!

Are you LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW?

I actually hated it right to the core. Dropped it like hotpockets when it aired because muh references xdd.

Excel Saga

Inferno Cop

Yeah, you'd think that Sup Forums would hate every anime in existence if the reaction to this show was any indication of how Sup Forums feels about any references being in a show. Immediate F.

>absurdist comedy

No no, bkub is literally just shitposting.

I loved it. The sequence of the action movie was fun. The "are you mad?" too.
>itaii watashi no feerings
Was funny too. It's not a masterpiece, sadly, but it will do.

Bonjour, j'aimerais vous expliquer que ce sketch se moque des idées reçues sur Paris.

SZS is nothing like PTE.

IM PIPIMI RICK

Funnily enough, PTE is a shitpost against Japanese equivalents of rick and morty fans while simultaneously making money off of rick and morty type fans.