Tfw 2018 Sup Forums would hate Cromartie High School

>tfw 2018 Sup Forums would hate Cromartie High School
What happened Sup Forums?

I don't remember Cromartie having epic references that the typical Sup Forumsirgin and normalfag would love.

I think you mean Lucky Star.

Because you didn't know they were reference

It's chocking full of Japanese TV references you didn't even notice

There's nothing wrong with Japanese TV references as long as a good amount of the humour stands on its own.

Cromartie was actually funny most of the time.

>Le gorirra xD
>Freddie Mercury!!!
It's the same amount of random as PTE but gets a pass because 2003 anons weren't so jaded and scared of reddit

I see a lot of people who like Cromartie not like Pop Team Epic.

Sup Forums hates any reference they can understand.
they prefer it when every reference goes completely over their head and has to be explained, that way they can explain the reference to others and act like they "totally get it"
Translators Note: Don't take Sup Forums seriously, over half of users dont even keep up with anime, they just want to talk about their nostalgia, by the way remember when translator notes filled up half the screen to explain a reference? Sup Forums hated that because then everyone would understand the reference and Sup Forums wouldnt get to feel smart about themselves, gee this spoiler text sure is dragging on huh, must be some epic le reference

The same people would hate it if it came out today

This is op point

>if you liked one back then you would like the other now
What a crappy point. People didn't find it funny. Not everyone needs to find it funny. It is not the end of the world.

Guess we have to thank Pop Team Epic for exposing Sup Forums.

I for one welcome our shitpost overlords.

Sup Forums just really, really, really hates all comedy. Can you imagine any good comedy series being enjoyed here at all? Not even the best comedy anime, like Golden Boy, but just anything in general.

Pretentious faggots hate fun. Authority comes from the invalidation of other peoples tastes and given that they're insecure bitches they need to put down any attempt of fun.
I loved PTE and CH tho.

Sup Forums loves nichibros

Makes me think they didn't get it, now that you make me think

Literally 90% of the shitposting around Poptepic is just ironic. It's the point of the series.

Or at least I want to believe that Sup Forums is just being ironic and having a blast doing so.

>they hate it
>ill troll them with this
In a nutshell.

And it's completely retarded. I liked Cromartie, I also liked Teekyuu, Ai Mai Mi and Noraneko. But surely if I don't like Pop Team Epic it's because I'm jaded and a contrarian, not because it's boring.

Since you keep talking about fun, why aren't you having fun discussing your show instead of complaining about other people not liking it?

This is part of the fun for me.

This. Milky Holmes and Teekyuu are absurdist comedy anime I had fun with, Pop Team Epic is just boring shit.

You're weird.

I`ve also seen a few of these comedies and to me the problem with Pop is that the staff doing it has no comedic timing. I bet they couldn't tell a simple joke to another person.

It's almost as being weird was a core value of Sup Forums once.

>ORE DA
>mosiac totoro
>not good comedic timing

Sup Forums would not hate it
Stop making shitty comparisons

Regarding Pop Team Epic. I really like the manga, but the anime was terrible. Yes, joke about the manga being bad, haha, but at least it is interesting and original in its own right, most of the time. The anime doesn't capture what makes the manga good, and simply goes down the "lol it's really really shit on purpose" route. It doesn't have good pacing, or anything like that. I respect that they bothered to make something so weird to piss people off, but it doesn't have much interest beyond that. Hopefully, this first episode was itself just a joke?

>Hopefully, this first episode was itself just a joke?
I won't bother to know.

At least Cromartie's jokes made sense at the time with the consistent 'non-violent delinquent' act. It's even got some timeless episodes like the Mechazawa song and Akira's motion-sickness and everything happening at his house

Cromartie is shit and is for fags
this "LOL SO RANDUM XD" brand of humor never fucking works out
sure, there are some decent skits in between but they are submerged in 30 min worth of unfunny shit
Detroit Metal City is the patrician comedy anime

Yes you will