Multiple companies grabbing up rights to anime

>Multiple companies grabbing up rights to anime
>Gotta pay like four different fees to four different companies to watch all the shows you want.
>All of said fees are monthly
>They claim that this helps the industry and you're bad person if you don't do it.
>Ironic weeaboos that stream all their anime defend it.
>Wonder why people use fansubs
Can't anime studios just open a Patreon or something so I can give money directly to them? Is there any realistic way to support the original creators without a middleman sticking his hands in your pockets?

Pirate and then buy BDs and merch of series you want to support.

How much does importing a BD usually cost?

Depends where you live.

Most studios doesn't own the rights of the shows they're animating, they're just getting a contract and whatever happens after they deliver the product it's not up to them. They might get some percentage of BD/streaming sales but who knows.

1000 dollars

You could still buy it on BD? Complain to rightsholders? Buy it on streaming sites if available?

Demand English subtitles on Japanese BD's, so that you can buy Niche-shows without them being doorstops? (Though buying into those exorbitant prices is a double edged sword.)

>Amazon had good properties behind a double paywall until recently
>It flopped since it costed 16 dollars a month
>Lel well, whatever, no more simucasts
>Netflix has to dub ALL their anime before releasing it onto their platform
>Crunchyroll gives popular shows, instead of something small like children's shows, to new translators (like Blend-S) without an editor
There really just needs to be a better market player to put them in place

paycucks jfc

I'd unironically support a Patreon for a creator I love over buying BDs any day. Buying plastic discs without subs in a language that I can understand is a huge waste.

>>Amazon had good properties behind a double paywall until recently
>>It flopped since it costed 16 dollars a month
80$ for prime PLUS 16$ to access Anime strike so 96$/month
>>Lel well, whatever, no more simucasts

>>Netflix has to dub ALL their anime before releasing it onto their platform
What is it with them and binging?

Don't those two understand the value of discussion (and fansubbing groups existance)? Maybe they just want to consume FS-groups ressources?

>>Crunchyroll gives popular shows, instead of something small like children's shows, to new translators (like Blend-S) without an editor
Their audience will not complain unless they make really shitty mistakes. If you are their audience complain. You cannot detect if they fuck with bitrates though.

It's a longshot, but try writing to the studios you like, and ask them if you can send them some money. This way you directly fund the studio without supporting streaming middlemen, or the big rightsholders like K*dok*w*.

>80$ for prime
In what shit hole 3rd world country do you live that a Prime subscription costs $80?

If you live in the US, about 80 bucks, give or take. That's $28,952 if you live in Zimbabwe.

>What is it with them and binging?

Netflix discovered that binging is one of the biggest ways that people consume North American produced series, so they just applied the model to anime. Hopefully they will realize their mistake at some point.

Are you saying you don't want everything sold to you as a service for the low price of $9.99/month so that corporations can make massive profits from the subscriptions of millions of smartphone and bookface addicts that are suffering from induced ADHD symptoms and have been conditioned and manipulated by Netflix's autoplay feature to always marathon a twelve hour series?
What are you, a fucking commie? Be grateful that micropayments haven't yet been incorporated into your anime viewing experience.

While we're talking shit about anime meta, did anyone else notice how a lot of CR's subs have gotten noticeably worse lately?
Some shows are being forced-translated to 4kids levels of ridiculousness.

>airs for free of JP TV + official free rebroadcast on streaming platforms
>nuh uh you gotta pay to watch it nerd
Anyone paying for anything but localized/imported BDs is retarded.

>airs for free of JP TV
Not all of them. There are Pay TV channels you know.

I agree. The anime streaming market in the west is really shitty at the moment. There needs to be a proper candidate so that it makes Crunchyroll and the rest wake the fuck up.

There was Daisuki.
But it was too good to last and people didn't deserve it.

BUY FIGURES
This helps a lot I think.

Everyone says BD releases, but not western BD releases.
Do JP releases have ENG subs on them now? I dont speak moon fluently enough yet, and I'm not buying something I can't watch / understand when thats the whole point of the medium.

Some JP releases do- you'll have to check to confirm.

>been watching anime for over a decade and never paid a cent

kek

>fansubs
haven't browsed Sup Forums for years, are you all still going full autistic when some groups don't include honorifics in their releases?

fansubs are dead dood

Yeah, you watch the original on Jap TV

If you actually need these subs, fuck off, that middleman you're bitching about is providing a service for you

t. Crunchyroll Employee

If you're this mad, learn Jap. Vocabulary in anime is hardly above basic levels

they are too stupid to use patreon, they don't think anyone would support them or they are stuck in the past with an old mindset and have no idea how to make money in 2018

Studios are just contractors in most cases.

They will pay their Animators what the market will bear. Even if it means destroying that market in the long run.

like $60 for 2-3 episodes

You pay for official localization by buying localized BDs.
Not with subscription at subjective cost for unprofessional translations anyone with little notions of Japanese can tell is wrong.

>pay for official localization by buying localized BDs
What recourse is there for shitty voicework? None?

Dubfags developing standards/taste.
We'll be living on the moon by the time it happens.

>>Ironic weeaboos
Please refrain from abusing shitflinging terms, the correct word is casual shitters.

It's not that people don't binge anime-they have been long before Netflix and it being relatively normal for western TV, since anime fans were buying things straight to video from the start-but releasing things this way when it's airing normally in another country is fucking retarded.

casual shitters can refer to any hobby, tho